Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest #107: Deeper

I forgot Ellaria used her Scroll of Inspiration. She now has 9 ether, but is inspired.

Hybros looked conflicted. "I would easily hand Posco over if it meant the safety of Zylstra." Hybros handed the engine to Daneeka to equip the Baron's Pauldrons, so as to gain a more commanding position on the issue. "Be reasonable, Baron. If Zylstra really takes care of its own, then Posco will go without a fight. Otherwise, like this assassin said, there will be more trouble. We can not always be here to protect Zylstra, as much as I would like to. We need to eliminate the problem for good, here and now."

The Baron stared at Hybros for a moment, then shifted in place, standing his ground despite the commanding tone of the chi monk.

14844610719_774db096e6_t.jpg

"I appreciate your concern, but I refuse to let my people be compromised by the threats of fools like these."

"You demand?? Are you going to stamp your little foot as well?" Nyx holds back from launching a verbal assault, but her displeasure is evident

"It's by my blessing the doctor begins his drilling here. I owe a debt to Heroica on behalf of my town, but I will not stand by and let these assassins take what they want."

Skrall swapped his armors while assessing the growing mass of small persons. "Ya heard the man, Mr. Baron, just stoppin' these gentlemen ain't going to solve yer problem. If Posco here had an agreement, it's his job to fulfill it."

"I promised him asylum from his pursuers years ago. This town has for centuries been a safe haven for the shorter folk of the world. What does it say about me and my town if I allow them to take one of my citizens?"

15030989462_67d0783027_t.jpg

"He's not one of your citizens, he's one of our assassins. He swore himself to our order. Only death can break that oath."

"It is a cruel world we live in", Ellaria sighs, dismayed by the sudden turn of events. "Baron, please think of the citizens of this... quaint little town of yours. Is this man really worth putting them all into risk? From what I gathered, you don't look like warriors around here, and Heroica cannot always be looking after your backs, as much as we'd like to."

"We've gotten by for years without relying on the surface world for help. The only time I hired Heroica it was because your previous help led indirectly to the situation that put us in danger. Posco is part of our town now, whatever he was in the past. I will not allow my town to be threatened by thugs like these." The Baron turned towards Hybros, his gaze hard. "When you first came to Zylstra I offered you a new life. That's about all my town can offer; a place where one can leave the past behind. Is that promise worth a hundred gold to you?"

She again glanced at Posco. "Sorry, Mister Posco, this is still nothing personal, but I'm in favor of letting these men take you."

14972087145_e4bc8f3919_t.jpg

"....That's...reasonable. Baron-"

"We are a community Posco, whatever these fools bring down upon our town, we will all weather it as one."

He signaled for the minoid to do the scan, just in case.

15030989462_67d0783027_t.jpgAlzar, Blue Assassin Master *Hastened* *Immune to blinded, weakened, asleep, and stunned*

Level 144 Dark Humanoid

Health: 1010/1010

Defense: 15

Special I: Bladestorm - Alzar rains the party with throwing knives, doing 30 damage, ignoring row to each of them.

Special II: Cloaked in Darkness - Alzar becomes invisible, becoming unable to be targeted for the duration of the round. At the beginning of the next round, he will pull the hero that rolled Special Damage into the darkness, causing them to be Confused and dealing 20 darkness-elemental damage to them over five rounds, ignoring row and defense.

Specials alternate.

Passive Special I: Deflect – Successful attacks on Alzar have a 1/6 chance of being deflected to a random ally.

Passive Special II: Teamwork - Alzar is Hastened until the Sorcerer is defeated.

Drops: 400 gold

14844610779_35c2c6c8cd_t.jpg Blue Assassin Sorcerer *Lucky* *Ranged* *Absorbs Lightning* *Immune to sealed and asleep*

Level 98 Electric Humanoid

Health: 606/606

Ether: 5/5

Special I: Static - Blue Assassin Sorcerer generates a lightning storm at the cost of 1 ether. The weather becomes Electrified.

Special II: Gold Rush - Blue Assassin Sorcerer spends 1 ether to cast a spell that deals lightning-elemental damage to each hero equal to the amount of gold they carry. The spell then destroys 10% of each hero's gold.

Passive Special: Teamwork - Sorcerer is Lucky until Alzar is defeated.

Drops: Nothing

Edited by CallMePie

352abbef-fd1c-4799-ad5d-1a3827fe57ab_zps8cd65e4b.jpg

"Ah, so we are battling for an ideal instead of one man. That changes things, doesn't it?"

97044e91-b3a8-4b3b-95c7-412bd3ca9efe_zps626f4568.jpg

"The Baron says we must defend his man if we are to drill. The question of morals is negligible in that case. Though if you were to ask for my vote, I am always of the opinion that those who are attacking are rarely in the right. Not never. But rarely."

IMG_2156_zpscc275904.jpg

"STATEMENT: I am not useless in combat, heroes. STATEMENT: Here are my schematics as I know them." With a whirring and clicking sound, the Minoid 2.0 prints out some schematics. He hands them to the nearest hero.

8o6qqvS.png

1: Dance of Drills: The Minoid does damage to all enemies equal to its Level+it's weapon's WP, plus the SP of its opponents x2 (WP+Level+SPx2). This attack disregards SP.

2: Piercing Hit: The Minoid does damage equal to it's Level + WPx2, disregarding SP.

3: Weathering Hit: The Minoid does damage equal to its Level + WP, reducing the enemy's SP by 2.

4: Miss

5: Damage

6: Special Damage

Note: Can use any weapon, but cannot equip any artifacts other than what it starts with.

IMG_2156_zpscc275904.jpgMinoid 2.0

Level 21 Drilling Automaton

HP: 33/33

SP: 2

Equipment: Minoid Drill Arm (WP: 10), Iron Shell (SP: 2), Scanning Eye (Allows the Minoid to analyze most foes before battle. If in battle, it can spend a turn to analyze the fight)

Inventory: None

Hybros frowned. "If you are going to be unreasonable, then you give us little choice. We must dig in order to continue this quest, and must defeat these assassins, as much as it goes against what we think. Unless someone takes a stand." He looked at Posco pointedly.

"....That's...reasonable. Baron-"

"We are a community Posco, whatever these fools bring down upon our town, we will all weather it as one."

Hybros put on a commanding tone, this time towards Posco. "If the Baron refuses to do what needs to be done, then you must, Posco. Your debt to these assassins must be paid for the greater good of Zylstra. You have helped keep this city safe before, you can not go back on your word now. Do what is right. This is your decision."

"Hybros, you know more about this mess than any of us. I will do as you ask. Because I know you will actually ask."

As if a fight was imminent, Hybros whispered back to Nyx. "You remember that time that we took on the Red and Blue Assassins at Guffington's party? I think that training will be useful now, eheh... Just like old times."

Nyx whispers back to Hybros with a wry smile "How could I possibly forget? Haha, I must say I haven't missed having a variety of multicoloured assassins around."

With a deep sigh she addresses the assembled parties.

"We seem to be at a bit of an impasse. We need to get past these assassiny gentlemen to dig, and digging is why we're here - if we can't do that then we might as well go home and get drunk. I have no desire to fight these assassins; thanks to our lovely little minoid it seems clear to me that we could do very badly with a little bad luck, and bad luck never seems to be far away. Posco made a pact, he has a responsibility. Shying away from that responsibility leaves this community in danger, us at risk of being maimed (and poor) and Posco probably dead anyway. He knew what he was doing when he transacted the oath with the assassins, he is not an innocent here, are you Posco?"

Nyx glares at Posco ferociously.

Hybros put on a commanding tone, this time towards Posco. "If the Baron refuses to do what needs to be done, then you must, Posco. Your debt to these assassins must be paid for the greater good of Zylstra. You have helped keep this city safe before, you can not go back on your word now. Do what is right. This is your decision."

"We seem to be at a bit of an impasse. We need to get past these assassiny gentlemen to dig, and digging is why we're here - if we can't do that then we might as well go home and get drunk. I have no desire to fight these assassins; thanks to our lovely little minoid it seems clear to me that we could do very badly with a little bad luck, and bad luck never seems to be far away. Posco made a pact, he has a responsibility. Shying away from that responsibility leaves this community in danger, us at risk of being maimed (and poor) and Posco probably dead anyway. He knew what he was doing when he transacted the oath with the assassins, he is not an innocent here, are you Posco?"

"Perhaps...you're right. I'm no innocent. Nothing can get that much blood off my hands."

"Heroes, you wouldn't-" sputtered the Baron, before Posco cut him off again.

"I appreciate you letting me hole up here for the last few years. Really. But I screwed up. No matter how careful I could've been....there's no escaping these people."

The Baron could only stare in dejected silence as Posco approached the Blue Assassins.

"I surrender."

"Excellent. Collecting you could've been-"

"But you'll have to come get me first."

Posco tore an amulet off his neck and cast it aside as he walked towards the Blue Assassin. Almost immediately, the halfling burst into flame, as though he were being consumed by a fireball. Alzar and his fellow quickly stepped backward as Posco managed a few more steps, fell to his knees, and crumpled forward onto the ground with what looked like a maddened grin on his face as he incinerated into a blackened heap.

"Damn it. Nothing can ever go smoothly, can it? Hmph. Well, the old bastard's dead. Thanks for the help." The Blue Assassin callously tossed each hero a pouch of 100 gold. He even tossed one at the Baron out of nothing more than amusement. It hit the gnome in the chest and fell to the ground, for he was still watching the smoking ruin of Posco in horror. "I suppose we should let you get back to your digging then. Best of luck." He waved lazily over his shoulder as he and his compatriot turned to leave.

Ellaria was baffled at the sudden turn of events.

"I am sorry, Baron, I did not want to question your ideals or capability to defend yourselves. I don't like how things turned out, but as Nyx said, we had little choice. With your blessing, we wish to continue our endeavor now."

Nyx arches an eyebrow. "Neat trick." She nods with approval and wonders if they truly have seen the last of Posco, although keeps that thought to herself. She pockets the gold and looks around for the discarded amulet for further examination.

"Baron, I suspect you're about to start shouting at us. Before you do, just remember what Posco's last words to you were."

Ellaria was baffled at the sudden turn of events.

"I am sorry, Baron, I did not want to question your ideals or capability to defend yourselves. I don't like how things turned out, but as Nyx said, we had little choice. With your blessing, we wish to continue our endeavor now."

Nyx arches an eyebrow. "Neat trick." She nods with approval and wonders if they truly have seen the last of Posco, although keeps that thought to herself. She pockets the gold and looks around for the discarded amulet for further examination.

"Baron, I suspect you're about to start shouting at us. Before you do, just remember what Posco's last words to you were."

Posco's broken amulet seems to have broken in half - violently. The two halves of the etched stone talisman had singed edges. It appears to been some sort of last resort.

The Baron raised a hand to his forehead, rubbing his temples as he comprehended what'd just happened. After a moment or two, he just sighed.

"Yes. Perhaps you were right to convince him to...leave us. Maybe it was for the best, maybe it wasn't, but....well, what's done is done."

Deborah's cotenance clouds.

IMG_2127_zps9bce482c.jpg

"That is not what I expected of heroes. I have long wondered if I was right in not joining your organization, and I feel that I have just found the answer."

"What's done is done, Deborah." Heweyrt turns to the Baron. "I am sorry for your lose. Every man should have a space where he feels safe, and it is a great burden to attempt to provide such a space for a group of people." Then to Daneeka: "Can we drill?"

"Whenever the heroes, Baron and yourself are ready."

Hybros' eye widened at Posco's supposed suicide. He caught the gold and absent-mindedly pocketed it without saying a word.

IMG_2127_zps9bce482c.jpg

"That is not what I expected of heroes. I have long wondered if I was right in not joining your organization, and I feel that I have just found the answer."

"Expected of us? This was Posco's decision. He did the right thing, for the greater good. It seems you have much to understand about saving lives, Warden."

Hybros looked to the Baron, then Daneeka. "Let us dig."

The Baron looks at between Deborah and Hybros, and simply nods, turning back to the tunnel that leads to Zylstra. He drags Moke - who's been curled up in terror on one side of the cavern - to his feet, and pushes the gnome along back to town.

"I take my leave now. I trust your drilling won't cause any problems for Zylstra." He looked back briefly. "This place has cost me too many people. I hope you find what you're looking for." And with that, he was gone.

Edited by CallMePie

IMG_2127_zps9bce482c.jpg

"I don't negotiate with people who threaten innocent lives. That's all it takes for me to take whatever else they're saying and throw it out a window."

"Deborah! Enough! You are not a hero, you may stand by your actions, and the heroes will stand by theirs." Heweyrt glares at Deborah, who huffs and then falls silent too. "Are we prepared to drill, Doc?"

"Of course. If the heroes have the engine?" Hybros holds it up. "Very good. You may slot it into this device, and we will begin." Hybros turns over the engine to Daneeka, who slides it into the control panel. "I could go into detail as to how this all works, but I am certain it would bore you. We are ready to drill as soon as you are read to descend, heroes." And Daneeka's voice remains the same - it cannot change, after all - but it somehow seems more somber: "Remember, we know little of what we may find down there. We are going deeper than anyone has in as long as I know. You must be prepared."

"I am as prepared as I can be", Ellaria said, feeling her nervousness intensify with Daneeka's words. How deep could they go? What lurked in the dephts of the earth? And wouldn't they eventually pop out somewhere on the other side of Olegaia?!

She thought it best not to let her imagination run rampant.

"There are plenty of people who threaten innocent lives, whether we choose to deal with them or not." Hybros shrugs, and turns to Daneeka.

"I am ready as I will ever be." He slipped on his Sterile Gloves in place of his Pauldrons and looks to the rest of the party. "We have done well so far, but now I believe is when the real journey begins."

Nyx looks sideways at Deborah and mutters "Innocent is the operative word there" but keeps her voice down, not wishing to start an argument.

More breezily she replies to Daneeka "Well, unless you've got a shop down here, I guess I'm ready too. Ellaria, I wonder if you'd be able to have a snooze whilst we dig and maybe recharge some of your Ether?"

"I'm all set." Skrall had raised his eyebrows at the halfling's suicide, but had kept his mouth shut. Too many affairs that were beyond him were at work and he thought it best to focus on the task at hand.

OoC: My absence starts today, and I'll be back full-time on the 12th of September with some chances to peek in from time to time between now and then. If I'm not around, Ellaria is in JimBee's hands. No drinking or nudity for her, please! :tongue:

"Thank you for the suggestion, Nyx, but I don't want to hold anyone back. I have plenty of ether and tonics left, anyway." Ellaria smiles nervously. "I don't think I could even sleep a wink down here..."

OoC: Check these stats! They haven't been posted for a while, and though I tried to comb through the quest to make sure I caught everything, I'm not infallible (hard to believe, I know).

The Party

14260855264_c8919cec5c_o.jpg

Hybros (played by JimButcher)

53-year-old male imp Chi Monk
*Hastened*
*Immune to
Cursed
Asleep
Blinded
Confused
Fragile
Weakened,
Poisoned,
Bleeding
*Immune to all elements except wood*
*Intimidation* *Inspired* *Encouraged* (Party Leader)

Level:

Power Bonus:
1 (6 in front row)

Defense:

Health:
106/106
(7+30+12+3*)

Ether:
31/34
(30+3)

Gold:

Equipment:
Golden Armor
(user is permanently hastened and cursed,
fire
water
earth
wind
ice
lightning
darkness
light
-elemental, grants immunity to Sleep, Blindness, Confusion, Frailty, and Weakening; bodywear),
The Black Hat
(Suitable for anyone, grants
Intimidation
, immune to
darkness
and
cursed
, headwear),
Fighting Boots
(Power +5 on the front row; suitable to barbarians, knights, rogues, beast warriors, chi monks, dragoons, harlots, infiltrators, marauders, skirmishers, regulators and winged warriors),

Inventory:

• Sword of Ancestral Hatred (WP: 45.25 gains 1/4 WP every kill made with it; longsword), Zoot's Reaper (WP:15; scythe, suitable to Hybros), Clock Cog (WP:14, retrievable), Banana Bladerang (WP:9, damage all, retrievable), Justice (WP:8, causes blinded-effect, dagger), Twin Kunai (WP:6, dual strike, daggers), Spinning Bolas (WP: 5, deals the Slowed effect, but the effect is removed when retrieved; retrievable), Wrench (WP:3, decreases the target’s level by 1, retrievable), Crescent Shield (SP: 5, halved damage from elemental attacks, shield)

• Sticky Gloves (gains 50% more gold, suitable for Rogues, handwear), Baron's Epaulets (Suitable for short heroes, grants Command over short NPCs), Cloak of the Blue Assassin (SP:1, suitable to Rogues; backwear), Cloak of the Red megablocks
assin (Chance of Assassination is 1/3, suitable for Assassins; backwear), Sterile Gloves (grants immunity to poisoned- and bleeding-effects, handwear),

• Emerald, Garnet, Amethyst, Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire, Opal

13 Potions, 12 Grand Potions, 16 Health Cores, 11 Remedies, 2 Neutralizers, 3 Elixirs, 2 Phoenix Essences, 4 Phoenix Incenses, 2 Deadly Venoms, 3 Smoke Bombs, 3 Holy Bombs, 5 Nostrums, Mead, 2 Mulled Wines, Minimizing Dust, 3 Pumpkin Bombs (causes stunned-, poisoned-, asleep-, blinded-, sealed- and confused-effects to all opponents when used), 2 Gold Rings (Worth 15 gold; can be given to someone to make them enamored with the giver), Skeleton Decoy, Bone, 3 Grand Tonics, Soma

• Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, 4 Mythril Shards, Crimson Haze (Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects permanently)

skrall_avatar.jpgskrall.jpg

Skrall (Waterbrick Down)

81 year old Male Ogre Hunter

Level 36.75
Favors Demons and Humanoid enemies
* *Immune to Fragile, Blinded, and Confused* *Gains 3x experience* *Inspired*

Power Bonus:
+2 WP

Defense:

Health:
100/100

Gold:

Equipment:
Hunter's Crossbow (WP:12/24 vs. Beasts,
fire
ice
wind
, and
darkness
-elemental), Hunter's Quiver (Bows and Crossbows +2WP, allows Hunters to favor two types of enemies, back wear), Tricorne (SP: 3, head wear), Heavy Armor (SP: 5, wearer is immune to fragile, blind, and confused effects, body wear), Medal of Glory (Wearer gains 3x experience from fights, accessory)

Inventory:
Composite Bow (WP:12, ignores SP,
light
lightning
water
wood
, and
earth
-elemental; bow), Oversized Greatsword (WP: 16 - Double damage on targets that are clearly smaller than the hero, greatsword) Wooden Shield (SP:5), Lucky Doubloon (Grants "Special Guard"), Darksteel Armour, SP:6, Max. Health +3; bodywear, 8 Smoke Bomb, 2 Dirt Bombs, Fire Bomb, 5 Water Bombs, Lightning Bomb, Minimizing Dust, 4 Bone, 6 Venoms, 1 Deadly Venoms, Potion, 1 Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, 5 Phoenix Incenses, 3 Meads, 1 Nostrums, 1 Remedy, Blind Fury, Wolfgang Insignia, Black Goo, Feather of Lithe

5909627714_af21b5c29f_t.jpg

Nyx
(played by Pandora)

19 years old Female Human Battle Mage
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to Fire, Darkness, Earth, Wind, Poisoned, Confused, Hexed, Sealed, Asleep, Fast Asleep* *Inspired*

Level:

Power:

Defense:

Health:
42/42

Ether:
38/43

Gold:

Equipment:
Zee Standard (Staff, WP: 15 Ice, Light and Darkness Elemental, Necromancers Raise Enemies with 2 extra levels), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:4, Max. Ether +5, protects from sealed-effect), Mirage Cloak (Immunity to Fire-, Darkness-, Earth- and Wind-elements and confused- asleep- and hexed-effects), High Heels (+1 Power), Helmet of Azzurat (SP:4, immune to poisoned, headwear).

Inventory:
Book of a Thousand Creatures (WP:15, each roll has a 1/6 chance to summon a creature to aid the hero), Lullaby Wand (WP:6 Sleep effect), Healing Staff (WP: 5), Darksteel Dagger WP: 13, blinded effect) Bone Scepter (WP: 10, On Hit, gives enemies the Undead type if they do not have a second type, Wand.)

* Sandman's Parasol (Immune to Asleep and Fast Asleep effects), Monkey Bar (all minions, pets, summons etc are Hastened), Chef’s Apron (Bodywear, Immunity to Fire and Poisons), Phoenix Dress (Max. Ether +5, full ether restored upon revival, immunity to Fire and Lightning, suitable only to female mages, clerics, chi monks, minstrels and necromancers; bodywear), Desert Cloak (Immunity to Fire-, Earth- and Wind-elemental damage; backwear), Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory), Bolero Of Fire (Cause Fire damage equal to the minstrel's level to all enemies per round for as long as the song is sung. Costs 10 ether per round. Minstrel Song), Scarlet Fascinator (Max. Ether +1, suitable to females only; headwear)

*Ruby (Fire), Diamond (Light), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Sapphire (Wind), Emerald (Wood), Garnet (Earth), Aquamarine (Water), Opal (Ice).Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Arc Sealing, Scroll of Blindness. 3 Meads, 2 Nostrums, Ambrosia, Smelling Salts, 5 Deadly Venoms, Paralyzing Venom, Venom x6, 3 Phoenix Essences, 3 Cosmic Essences (Revives a knocked out ally with full health and ether and gives them the blessed-effect), 2 Potions, Remedy, 4 Tonics, 2 Grand Tonics, Ether Core.
Fire Bomb, Smoke Bomb, Skadi Bomb (100 Ice Elemental damage to all opponents), 2 Chaotic Bombs (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Pumpkin Bomb (Causes stunned, poisoned, asleep, blinded, sealed and confused to all enemies). 2 Bedrolls, 5 Bones, Feather of Lithe

ava-ellaria4.jpg

Ellaria Arbour
(Sandy)

23 years old female human Druid

Level 28
*Immune to Sealing, Poisoned and Bleeding* *Ignis Fatuus: permanently
poisoned by 15
* *Inspired*

Power:
(27+12)

Defense:
(3+4)

Health:
44/44
(9+26+7+1)

Ether:
9/40
(5+26+5+1+2)

Gold:

Equipment:
Ignis Fatuus (WP:12, permanently poisoned by 15,
fire
- and
lighting
-elemental staff), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max Ether +5, protects from sealing; bodywear), Sterile Gloves (immunity to poisoned and bleeding, handwear), Spider Helmet (SP:4, passes poisoned and bleeding effects to the enemy when the wearer is hit; headwear)

Inventory:

Weapons
Sylvania's Crossbow (WP:10,
wood
-elemental crossbow), Pan Flute (WP: 7, instrument), Wizard's Staff (WP:1,
fire
wind
water
- and
earth
-elemental staff),

Artefacts:
Ranger's Quiver (WP: +1 to bows and crossbows. Suitable for rangers, beast warriors, infiltrators, and winged warriors), Spirit Robe (Renders wearer invisible to the enemy for the first three rounds of battle so they do not take free hits; backwear), Black Bandana (Power +3, pirate lingo; headwear),

Spell Items:
Scroll of Inspiration (Inspired for rest of battle, 10 ether, 50/50 chance) Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Serenade of Water (Causes Water damage equal to the minstrel's level to all enemies per round for as long as the song is sung. Costs 10 ether per round. Battle Song), Ruby (
Fire
)

Consumables:
3 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 4 Health Cores, 4 Tonics, 5 Grand Tonics, Ether Core, Elixir, 2 Remedies, 2 Neutralizers, Tiger Balm, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrum, 2 Soma, Ambrosia, Deadly Venom, 2 Smoke Bombs, Flash Bomb, 3 Fire Bombs, Ice Bomb, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bombs, Pumpkin Bomb (Causes stunned-, poisoned-, asleep-, blinded-, sealed- and confused-effects to all opponents when used.)

Tools:
Bedroll, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass

IMG_2127_zps9bce482c.jpg

Deborah, The Golden Warden

Level 25.3 Warden *Immune to Afraid, Cursed, Hexed, Instant Kill* *Inspired*

Power Bonus: 0

Health: 82/94

SP: 20

Equipment: Crossbow (WP: 10), Deborah's Helm (SP: 4, Immune to Afraid), Deborah's Armor (SP: 6, Immunity to Cursed, Hexed and Instant Kill), Shield of the She-Wolf (SP: 10, on rolls of damage/free hits user deals SP to opponent if they survive the attack)

Inventory: Mead, Grand Potion, Soma x2, Ambrosia

IMG_2156_zpscc275904.jpg

Minoid 2.0

Level 21 Drilling Automaton

HP: 33/33

SP: 2

Equipment: Minoid Drill Arm (WP: 10), Iron Shell (SP: 2), Scanning Eye (Allows the Minoid to analyze most foes before battle. If in battle, it can spend a turn to analyze the fight)

Inventory: None

Daneeka pulls a lever and the drill begins working. The heroes watch with fascination and shock as the drill head simply detaches from the frame and plunges into the rock. It keeps spinning as it goes down... down... down until they can no longer see it in the darkness. What a strange device.

The drill head also leaves behind a little path for the heroes to descend on. It hugs the wall of the hole, spiraling downward. The heroes set off down it.

The walk is long. The rock around them grows colder. They lose light, and Heweyrt raises a torch. The only noise is the cackle of the flames, the dull footsteps, and the whirring of the Miniod's machinery.

The heroes reach a cavern.

"Maybe this is our spot. Let's look around a little."

They leave the path and wander around the cavern a little. They don't make it very far before they see a pale little light in the far off corner. It looks a lot like moonlight.

IMG_2127_zps9bce482c.jpg

"What in Hel?"

IMG_2156_zpscc275904.jpg

"STATEMENT: We are far too deep for moonlight."

"Yes, yes, Minoid." Heweyrt rolls his eyes. "Did he have to build you with that speech pattern? What does that add?"

IMG_2156_zpscc275904.jpg

"STATEMENT: I am unable to add inflections to my words. STATEMENT: It is difficult for me to indicate if I am stating something, or posing a question. CONCLUSION: The speech pattern was a necessity."

While this patter goes on, the heroes draw closer to the light. And then, suddenly, in the blink of an eye, the light is above them, though they never actually got to it. It moved to them. Another thing regular moonlight is not able to do.

And before them is a figure.

IMG_2144_zps647a008c.jpg

750669f2-8d62-4af2-8c38-8d72348928b6_zps69a2d122.jpg

"You are here for answers?" asks the strange figure. Her face keeps changing, shattering, regrouping. It is difficult to look at. It is formless. "Mortals are not supposed to come this deep. But since you are here, I will show you. Here are some truths." And then everything goes black...

OoC: PMs incoming over the next few hours! I will state publicly, there may be some confusion over how to role-play within the side quests (you'll understand what I mean when you get the PMs). Please make your own choice as to how your character is experiencing things. Feel free to ask me any questions! I think you will understand when the PMs come.

OoC: Welcome back, everyone! I am off for the weekend to a land without Wi-Fi, sadly, but I wanted to leave you to be able to role-play all together once more! I do not have time to format the stats right now (annoying, I know) but I will list the loot, and once it is divided and I have returned (late Sunday) we will be back on track! Only a bit left to go, anyway!

The world is blurry, and then concrete. Before them, they see the others having a little argument. Before them is a wall, and above them, a leaking cave ceiling.

IMG_2156_zpscc275904.jpg

"QUERY: Why do all creatures fear death if it is coming for them anyway?"

"Come on, Minoid! Even you must fear death, somewhere in there. That's just the way mortals are. Our fatal flaw." He chuckles darkly.

"You cannot blame the Minoid. He knew little of the world before we brought him down here, and even for those of us with experience what we just saw was view shattering. He was like a child."

IMG_2127_zps9bce482c.jpg

"We just met a child," Deborah remarks with a smirk. "Maybe, at least."

"Great, he's a child, and we got to teach him the fear of death. Dandy."

"An important fear."

"No doubt about it." Heweyrt turns to the heroes, who are blinking and still trying to reconcile everything. "Ah, the rat pack is back. All in one piece, heroes? Back in one body? Strange, isn't it?"

"I'm particularly glad I received the body without a hole in the stomach."

Loot

x2 Amethyst

Bright Polish

Grating Stone

Paper Doll

Ectoplasm

As soon as Ellaria regained her vision, she sat on the ground and buried her face into her hands. Two distinctively different memories hovered in her mind, making everything seem unreal.

"Was it all a dream?" she asked the others. "I found the answer I have been looking for, but if it was all a figment of my imagination, then it means nothing. Please tell me you saw what I saw. Skrall? Hybros?"

Nyx instinctively puts a hand to her back, but quickly realises there's nothing there. Simultaneously, she looks for Skrall, to make sure he's ok. The Minoid catches her attention.

"Not everything fears death. I think some people either fear pain, or what may happen to the world without them around, but not necessarily death and dying. No lesser motivation, but to bluntly fear death is inelegant. People should understand what they fear and why. Like having your consciousness split in two" Nyx taps the side of her head "Doesn't affect you so much if your head's already a bit squiffy and broken, but you kinda have to realise it" she gives a slightly lopsided grin.

Skrall stared ahead into the darkness as his mind melded back from it's two visions, he remained quiet, before answering Ellaria's question. "What was and what may still be."

Ellaria looked at her companions. "So you all were in two places at once, as well? That still doesn't mean anything we saw was real, but by Sylvania, what else have I got to go with?"

She stood up. "I don't know who or what the odd woman who made us split apart was, but maybe she can tell us more about what lurks below here. Weren't we supposed to find these demons of sorts?"

Hybros rubbed his head and took a moment to recover. "Yes... I saw what you saw, Ellaria. And Nyx. I do not know how any of that happened, but perhaps the significance of these visions has to do with ourselves. I remember... going to a place very familiar to me, a place that I have seen in a dream once. And the other experience... There was a child, and death itself visited. Perhaps that has some meaning to Ellaria." he nodded to the druid. "What else did the rest of you see?"

"I met Death, too, on both of the places I went to. The other one had these skeleton men and a darkness that threatened to consume us, and the other one had the child-like creature Hybros mentioned with a monster trying to kill it, claiming the child was sucking its soul." Ellaria shrugged. "Creepy stuff, but nothing that made much sense to me."

She then looked at her feet. "I asked Death if he had taken my Elpis to the Afterlife, and he said he was sure he hadn't. Either it was just a cruel trick or then I still have hope in finding her. My daughter might live after all, somewhere." When Ellaria looked back up, she had a smile on her face.