Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest #107: Deeper

Outside the city, relying on memory, Hybros and Ellaria find the headquarters of the the Tritech company. One of the doctors greets them at the door.

12245041715_d0b150a808_o.jpg

"Hm, yes, hello I'm Dr. Don, good to see you! We've been expecting you. Dr. Raph is just looking over the engine one more time, so if you'd be so kind as to step inside and wait a few moments. Ellaria, I have a pot of tea prepared, and Hybros, cocoa is made easily enough. I'm afraid I don't know what you other three drink!"

IMG_2127_zps9bce482c.jpg

"If you've got any hot cider..."

"Oh yes we do! Right this way!"

The heroes step into the Headquarters.

"I'll have the same as the lady." Skrall hung back, obviously out of the group he was the most unfamiliar with their surroundings apart from perhaps the warden.

Ellaria smiled at Doctor Don.

"Always a pleasure, good doctor. A nice cup of tea sounds lovely after the walk from Doctor Daneeka's. How is the Tritech Corporation faring these days?"

Nyx smiles at her hosts, even though she has no idea who they are.

"Good afternoon doctors, I would love a cup of tea, especially if you have biscuits." she looks hopeful.

Dr. Don brings all the appropriate drinks! And, after a little bit of searching, he brings forth a tin of biscuits. They are just beginning to border on stale, but are still delicious.

OoC: This is the reply I wrote out, but forgot to press send on. Luckily it was waiting for me when I returned!

He tips his hat and bows to Dr. Don. "It is good to see you again, eheh. Tea is fine thank you. How is Doctor Telsa?" Hybros looked around. "And what can you tell me about this engine, and the machine that it is used for?"

"Tesla is very well! She is off flying around the world at the time being. She was supposed to come back by now, but, well, if I had that ship, I certainly wouldn't come right back.

Ellaria smiled at Doctor Don.

"Always a pleasure, good doctor. A nice cup of tea sounds lovely after the walk from Doctor Daneeka's. How is the Tritech Corporation faring these days?"

"Oh, quite well! Always getting bigger and more inventive, huh. Lots of commissions coming in, and we're working very hard on improving and improving our automatons."

At that moment, Dr. Raph steps into the room.

12245041705_af2fb36419_o.jpg

"Oh, hello heroes, glad to see you've arrived in one piece. I've just finished work on the engine." He holds up a small hand-held device. "Unlike anything Nicole builds, it's not bulky, and won't slow you down... don't tell her I said that. Of course, there is a bit of a draw back. Being so small, if it gets whacked, you get a little stunning shock. You need these gloves to hold it, but even so, don't get hit with it." He places it on a table. "You can leave whenever. Tell the Doc I say hello."

"Or you can stay as long as you like. And tell the Doc I also say hello, please!"

Who will carry the little device?

Raph's Stunning Engine! (Handwear, User deals 15 electrical damage and the "stunned" effect on physical attacks, but is dealt 15 electrical damage and "stunned" effect if attacked. Electrical damage ignores SP/row.)

"Hm..." Hybros held his hands out to receive the engine. He turned the device in his hands. "How can something so small power something so big?" He pondered. "Or at least... I think the drill is big. I will carry the engine. I have delivered things like this before, and Anwyl the blacksmith once told me that gold..." he tapped his armor, which made a hollow clunking sound, "...does not conduct lightning, eheh."

Hybros swaps his Sterlile Gloves for the rubber pair and holds the engine carefully.

"Ehehm, unless someone does not agree...?" He places the engine down to drink his tea. "Ellaria, maybe you would like to wear that Spirit Robe of yours?"

"I shouldn't have any issue carrying it if ya want, though might be a bit difficult if I have to use a bow." Skrall took a sip of his cider. "Amazin' what they can do with technology these days, pretty soon they ain't gonna even need heroes like us to do all the grunt work."

"I'm getting a major déjà vu moment here", Ellaria mutters as Doctor Raph offers the device for the party to carry.

She turns back to Doctor Don. "This stuff you are doing here goes way over my head, but it's the new frontier, I guess. Best of luck to your endeavours!"

"Ellaria, maybe you would like to wear that Spirit Robe of yours?"

"If you say so", Ellaria says with a shrug, swapping her Sterile Gloves to the Spirit Robe.

"I shouldn't have any issue carrying it if ya want, though might be a bit difficult if I have to use a bow." Skrall took a sip of his cider. "Amazin' what they can do with technology these days, pretty soon they ain't gonna even need heroes like us to do all the grunt work."

"I think I can handle it. I will try not to drop it, heheh..." Hybros inspects the engine some more. "That reminds me, I quested with a... erm, machine recently. A hero, an auto... auto... a hero that is made of wood and metal. You may not be wrong, Skrall, but Jeaux is a good fighter, and smart, too." He thinks back to how the automaton solved the light and mirror puzzle in the depths of the Moon Elf city. He turned to the Tritech scientists. "You would not happen to know of such a machine, would you?"

"I'm getting a major déjà vu moment here", Ellaria mutters as Doctor Raph offers the device for the party to carry.

Hybros smirks at Ellaria.

"An automaton! Yes, we have a few kicking around. I don't think any have left our watch though, so if you've met one not accompanied by Tritech Personnel it's likely not ours."

The heroes finish their drinks and make ready to leave.

"Good luck out there, heroes!"

The heroes leave the Tritech Headquarters, pass back through the gates to Eubric, and are walking down a street when a voice calls out to them!

"Heroes!"

The turn, and are greeted by two armored men, one of whom is smiling at them gently.

IMG_2077_zps8d54b667.jpg

57167ee0-f2a5-4360-a147-8e66c5b54d00_zpsdb835cf8.jpg

"If I may have just a moment of your time, I believe I will be able to talk you out of the foolish endeavor you've embarked upon. My name is Sir Abel Justice of the Imperial Order, and I come with grave warnings. There are things below Olegaia that should not be disturbed. They have been locked away for a reason."

"If I may have just a moment of your time, I believe I will be able to talk you out of the foolish endeavor you've embarked upon. My name is Sir Abel Justice of the Imperial Order, and I come with grave warnings. There are things below Olegaia that should not be disturbed. They have been locked away for a reason."

"You tell me about it, Sir Abel", Ellaria replies with a big smile. "A temple of Zoot, a town of gnomes, even a dragon or two! We in Heroica will continue to keep them in check, so you need not to worry. Say, when you said "Imperial Order", do you mean the Empire of Dastan or Njago?"

Nyx raises an eyebrow.

"How on earth do you know what we've embarked upon? Are you a sneaky spy? I see no reason not to let you talk to us, but you'll have to be very convincing, Sir.

"Funny from what we heard, those reasons were quite questionable in the first place."

Hybros stood silently, hardly interested in what the man had to say.

"The Order Imperial does not serve one empire, but rather many. The Paladins of Ennoc have a similar mission, and have taken great pains to model themselves after us, but they are a weak mirror image. They have been corrupted and diluted over many years. They do not serve anyone but themselves. The Order Imperial has the welfare of humanity at it's heart."

"Anyone may know of your mission. The doors to your Hall are not locked, and Daneeka posted a request there. We keep an eye on both him and your Hall. Information travels swiftly in this city."

"There are great dangers below this ground we step on, and not just those that the young lady mentions. Great effort was made to lock away dangers, and they must remain locked away. The Temple of Zoot sunk below the ground, and it must remain there. Think of the lives that were spent throwing it below. The same goes for all types of demons. If you unleash these monsters, the sacrifices of those in the past will mean nothing."

IMG_2127_zps9bce482c.jpg

"What a bunch of bull. Why should we trust you?"

"Why would I lie? I am simply doing my duty, protecting Olegaia from the demons who wish to see it burn."

IMG_2127_zps9bce482c.jpg

"What do you really know about demons? Who gave you the authority to say that humans are dandy but demons aren't?"

"I do not know who you are, hero, but I have made my case. It is up to you and your friends to decide what to do next."

"Okay, we decide to not listen to you and move on with our mission. We were well aware of the consequences when we signed up for this quest. Goodbye." Hybros turns to leave.

OoC: I was hoping to at least get a few more replies, but I will be on the move again a lot tomorrow so want to update before that. :sadnew: Sorry if my hectic schedule has made for a little bit of a stop and start sort of opening to the quest!

"Well, if that's that," Sir Abel says a little sadly as Hybros walks away. "We will make preparations for the worst. If you unleash an evil, we will meet it. But know this, heroes, we are willing to die to correct a mistake you make. But you will have still made a mistake. You perhaps you will be dead, but your final thought in death will be that you have brought unto this world great darkness. I hope that you hold the fear of that in your hearts - for that is what makes us do good, the fear of doing bad."

IMG_2141_zps9001c5e0.jpg

"Halt."

"Silent Bull, I am in charge here." Sir Abel turns to the heroes. "Silent Bull is one of our most devote followers. He is of the Angelic Legion, a very elite group of warriors who Ennoc has smiled upon. But I'm afraid he is letting it go to his head. You are free to go."

IMG_2141_zps9001c5e0.jpg

"No."

"Yes, they are. We are simply to inform them. We are greatly outnumbered. I do not even carry a sword. The heroes must stop themselves - they must stand as an example to their organization. I attempted to stop them before with force, and they learned nothing from it. The choice must come from within themselves, from their own desire to lead the world into the light instead of into darkness."

IMG_2141_zps9001c5e0.jpg

"I will not allow the darkness to be awoken."

Silent Bull shoves Sir Abel away, and charges towards the heroes.

IMG_2127_zps9bce482c.jpg

"What a fool. We'll make quick work of him!"

IMG_2141_zps9001c5e0.jpg

"Angels! To me!"

The Enemies

IMG_2141_zps9001c5e0.jpgSilent Bull the Four Times Blessed

Level 62 Light Humanoid *Immune to Darkness*

Health: 530/530

SP: 4

Special: Silent Bulling - Silent Bull bowls into the hero, dealing damage to them equal to their SP (ignoring SP and row). He then hushes them, sealing their mouths!

Drops: 120 Gold

Oldest Angel

Level 34 Ancient

Health: 240/240

Special: Old Wisdom - The Angel knows great secrets of the past. It is able to see into the heroes' very soul, making them both fragile and weakened.

Drops: x2 Feather of Lithe

Guardian Angel A

Level 15 Holy

Health: 120/120

Special: Guardian Angel - No damage can be dealt to Silent Bull next round.

Passive Special: Serving Guard - All damage to Silent Bull halved as long as this angel is alive.

Drops: Soma

Guardian Angel B

Level 15 Holy

Health: 120/120

Special: Guardian Angel - No damage can be dealt to Silent Bull next round.

Passive Special: Serving Guard - All damage to Silent Bull is halved as long as this angel is alive.

Drops: Soma

Battle Angel

Level 48 Holy

Health: 340/340

Special: Fire of the Gods - Deals 30 light damage and 30 fire damage ignoring row.

Passive Special: Piercing Light - Damage/free hits ignore SP.

Drops: Nothing

The Party

14260855264_c8919cec5c_o.jpg

Hybros (played by JimButcher)

53-year-old male imp Chi Monk
*Hastened*
*Immune to
Cursed
Asleep
Blinded
Confused
Fragile
Weakened,
Poisoned,
Bleeding
*Immune to all elements except wood*
*Intimidation* (Party Leader)

Level:

Power Bonus:
1 (6 in front row)

Defense:

Health:
52/52
(7+30+12+3*)

Ether:
33/33
(30+3)

Gold:

Equipment:
Golden Armor
(user is permanently hastened and cursed,
fire
water
earth
wind
ice
lightning
darkness
light
-elemental, grants immunity to Sleep, Blindness, Confusion, Frailty, and Weakening; bodywear),
The Black Hat
(Suitable for anyone, grants
Intimidation
, immune to
darkness
and
cursed
, headwear),
Sterile Gloves
(grants immunity to poisoned- and bleeding-effects, handwear),
Fighting Boots
(Power +5 on the front row; suitable to barbarians, knights, rogues, beast warriors, chi monks, dragoons, harlots, infiltrators, marauders, skirmishers, regulators and winged warriors)

Inventory:

• Sword of Ancestral Hatred (WP: 45.25 gains 1/4 WP every kill made with it; longsword), Zoot's Reaper (WP:15; scythe, suitable to Hybros), Clock Cog (WP:14, retrievable), Banana Bladerang (WP:9, damage all, retrievable), Justice (WP:8, causes blinded-effect, dagger), Twin Kunai (WP:6, dual strike, daggers), Spinning Bolas (WP: 5, deals the Slowed effect, but the effect is removed when retrieved; retrievable), Wrench (WP:3, decreases the target’s level by 1, retrievable), Crescent Shield (SP: 5, halved damage from elemental attacks, shield)

• Sticky Gloves (gains 50% more gold, suitable for Rogues, handwear), Baron's Epaulets (Suitable for short heroes, grants Command over short NPCs), Cloak of the Blue Assassin (SP:1, suitable to Rogues; backwear), Cloak of the Red Assassin (Chance of Assassination is 1/3, suitable for Assassins; backwear)

• Emerald, Garnet, Amethyst, Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire, Opal

•
13 Potions, 12 Grand Potions, 16 Health Cores, 11 Remedies, 2 Neutralizers, 3 Elixirs, 2 Phoenix Essences, 4 Phoenix Incenses, 2 Deadly Venoms, 3 Smoke Bombs, 3 Holy Bombs, 5 Nostrums, 2 Meads, 2 Mulled Wines, Minimizing Dust, 3 Pumpkin Bombs (causes stunned-, poisoned-, asleep-, blinded-, sealed- and confused-effects to all opponents when used), 2 Gold Rings (Worth 15 gold; can be given to someone to make them enamored with the giver), Skeleton Decoy, Bone, 3 Grand Tonics

• Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, 4 Mythril Shards, Crimson Haze (Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects permanently)

skrall_avatar.jpgskrall.jpg

Skrall (Waterbrick Down)

81 year old Male Ogre Hunter

Level 36
Favors Demons and Humanoid enemies
* *Immune to Fragile, Blinded, and Confused* *Gains 3x experience*

Power Bonus:
+2 WP

Defense:

Health:
50/50

Gold:

Equipment:
Hunter's Crossbow (WP:12/24 vs. Beasts,
fire
ice
wind
, and
darkness
-elemental), Hunter's Quiver (Bows and Crossbows +2WP, allows Hunters to favor two types of enemies, back wear), Tricorne (SP: 3, head wear), Heavy Armor (SP: 5, wearer is immune to fragile, blind, and confused effects, body wear), Medal of Glory (Wearer gains 3x experience from fights, accessory)

Inventory:
Composite Bow (WP:12, ignores SP,
light
lightning
water
wood
, and
earth
-elemental; bow), Oversized Greatsword (WP: 16 - Double damage on targets that are clearly smaller than the hero, greatsword) Wooden Shield (SP:5), Lucky Doubloon (Grants "Special Guard"), Darksteel Armour, SP:6, Max. Health +3; bodywear, 8 Smoke Bomb, 2 Dirt Bombs, Fire Bomb, 5 Water Bombs, Lightning Bomb, Minimizing Dust, 4 Bone, 6 Venoms, 1 Deadly Venoms, Potion, 1 Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, 5 Phoenix Incenses, 3 Meads, 1 Nostrums, 1 Remedy, Blind Fury, Wolfgang Insignia, Black Goo.

5909627714_af21b5c29f_t.jpg

Nyx
(played by Pandora)

19 years old Female Human Battle Mage
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to Fire, Darkness, Earth, Wind, Poisoned, Confused, Hexed, Sealed, Asleep, Fast Asleep*

Level:

Power:

Defense:

Health:
42/42

Ether:
43/43

Gold:

Equipment:
Zee Standard (Staff, WP: 15 Ice, Light and Darkness Elemental, Necromancers Raise Enemies with 2 extra levels), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:4, Max. Ether +5, protects from sealed-effect), Mirage Cloak (Immunity to Fire-, Darkness-, Earth- and Wind-elements and confused- asleep- and hexed-effects), High Heels (+1 Power), Helmet of Azzurat (SP:4, immune to poisoned, headwear).

Inventory:
Book of a Thousand Creatures (WP:15, each roll has a 1/6 chance to summon a creature to aid the hero), Lullaby Wand (WP:6 Sleep effect), Healing Staff (WP: 5), Darksteel Dagger WP: 13, blinded effect)
Bone Scepter (
WP: 10, On Hit, gives enemies the Undead type if they do not have a second type, Wand.)

Sandman's Parasol (Immune to Asleep and Fast Asleep effects), Monkey Bar (all minions, pets, summons etc are Hastened), Chef’s Apron (Bodywear, Immunity to Fire and Poisons), Phoenix Dress (Max. Ether +5, full ether restored upon revival, immunity to Fire and Lightning, suitable only to female mages, clerics, chi monks, minstrels and necromancers; bodywear), Desert Cloak (Immunity to Fire-, Earth- and Wind-elemental damage; backwear), Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory),
Bolero Of Fire (Cause Fire damage equal to the minstrel's level to all enemies per round for as long as the song is sung. Costs 10 ether per round. Minstrel Song),
Scarlet Fascinator
(Max. Ether +1, suitable to females only; headwear)

*Ruby (Fire), Diamond (Light), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Sapphire (Wind), Emerald (Wood), Garnet (Earth), Aquamarine (Water), Opal (Ice).
Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Arc Sealing, Scroll of Blindness.
3 Meads, 2 Nostrums, Ambrosia, Smelling Salts, 5 Deadly Venoms,
Paralyzing Venom, Venom x6,
3 Phoenix Essences, 3 Cosmic Essences (Revives a knocked out ally with full health and ether and gives them the blessed-effect), 2 Potions, Remedy, 4 Tonics, 2 Grand Tonics, Ether Core.
Fire Bomb, Smoke Bomb, Skadi Bomb (100 Ice Elemental damage to all opponents), 2 Chaotic Bombs (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Pumpkin Bomb (Causes stunned, poisoned, asleep, blinded, sealed and confused to all enemies). 2 Bedrolls, 5 Bones

ava-ellaria4.jpg

Ellaria Arbour
(Sandy)

23 years old female human Druid

Level 27 2/3
*Immune to Sealing, Poisoned and Bleeding* *Ignis Fatuus: permanently
poisoned by 15

Power:
(27+12)

Defense:
(3+4)

Health:
43/43
(9+26+7+1)

Ether:
39/39
(5+26+5+1+2)

Gold:

Equipment:
Ignis Fatuus (WP:12, permanently poisoned by 15,
fire
- and
lighting
-elemental staff), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max Ether +5, protects from sealing; bodywear), Sterile Gloves (immunity to poisoned and bleeding, handwear), Spider Helmet (SP:4, passes poisoned and bleeding effects to the enemy when the wearer is hit; headwear)

Inventory:

Weapons
Sylvania's Crossbow (WP:10,
wood
-elemental crossbow), Pan Flute (WP: 7, instrument), Wizard's Staff (WP:1,
fire
wind
water
- and
earth
-elemental staff),

Artefacts:
Ranger's Quiver (WP: +1 to bows and crossbows. Suitable for rangers, beast warriors, infiltrators, and winged warriors), Spirit Robe (Renders wearer invisible to the enemy for the first three rounds of battle so they do not take free hits; backwear), Black Bandana (Power +3, pirate lingo; headwear),

Spell Items:
Scroll of Inspiration (Inspired for rest of battle, 10 ether, 50/50 chance) Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Serenade of Water (Causes Water damage equal to the minstrel's level to all enemies per round for as long as the song is sung. Costs 10 ether per round. Battle Song), Ruby (
Fire
)

Consumables:
3 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 4 Health Cores, 4 Tonics, 5 Grand Tonics, Ether Core, Elixir, 2 Remedies, 2 Neutralizers, Tiger Balm, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrum, Soma, Ambrosia, Deadly Venom, 2 Smoke Bombs, Flash Bomb, 3 Fire Bombs, Ice Bomb, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bombs, Pumpkin Bomb (Causes stunned-, poisoned-, asleep-, blinded-, sealed- and confused-effects to all opponents when used.)

Tools:
Bedroll, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass

IMG_2127_zps9bce482c.jpg

Deborah, The Golden Warden

Level 25 Warden *Immune to Afraid, Cursed, Hexed, Instant Kill*

Power Bonus: 0

Health: 47/47

SP: 20

Equipment: Crossbow (WP: 10), Deborah's Helm (SP: 4, Immune to Afraid), Deborah's Armor (SP: 6, Immunity to Cursed, Hexed and Instant Kill), Shield of the She-Wolf (SP: 10, on rolls of damage/free hits user deals SP to opponent if they survive the attack)

Inventory: Mead, Grand Potion, Soma x2, Ambrosia

Please note that the Guardian Angels' passive specials stack.

OoC: Is it intentional that only one of the Guardian Angels has the passive special?

"Sylvania is my only goddess", Ellaria shouts defiantly. "Ennoc's creatures have no power over me!"

Ellaria attacks Guardian Angel B from the front row.

OoC: Fixed. The note at the end with the passive specials stacking wouldn't make much sense with only one angel having one. :blush: :blush:

"You know, self-righteousness really puts me in an big behind kicking mood. Maybe a bit of hellfire will staunch your unnecessary piety."

Nyx grabs her Darksteel Dagger and her Ruby and casts Fire on Silent Bull from the back row.

"Deborah, maybe if no-one else has a suggestion for you would you like to target the Battle Angel? It's only a suggestion, I don't know if you're open to them."

OOC: No problem Zeph. Do I control Deborah's actions?

"Quick work indeed, hehe... Deborah, perhaps you would like to take on the Oldest Angel?"

Hybros remembers his training and prepares a fistful of darkness and charges at Guardian Angel A from the front row, twice. "Twist and bend..."

Battle Order:

Deborah

Hybros

Hybros

Skrall

Nyx

Ellaria

OoC: I don't even bother listing it at this point, but I guess that's not always helpful ( :tongue: ): As with (almost) all Zepher NPCs, Deborah will a) take suggestions and b) prioritize the suggestions of people she considers a friend. She will rarely not cooperate (only when something she is asked to do would go directly against what she might do).

IMG_2127_zps9bce482c.jpg

"I'll take on whoever you all leave alone, but make up your mind as to who that is, huh?" she says with a smirk to Nyx and Hybros. She beats her armor. "I can take a nasty wallop and still come out looking however pretty I was to start with."

"You know, self-righteousness really puts me in an big behind kicking mood. Maybe a bit of hellfire will staunch your unnecessary piety."

Nyx grabs her Darksteel Dagger and her Ruby and casts Fire on Silent Bull from the back row.

"Deborah, maybe if no-one else has a suggestion for you would you like to target the Battle Angel? It's only a suggestion, I don't know if you're open to them."

"Nyx, your Standard looks like it would be a little more effective at getting past the Paladin's defenses."

Who made Hybros Party Leader? :look::tongue:

"Nyx, your Standard looks like it would be a little more effective at getting past the Paladin's defenses."

"Well it might, if the bugger wasn't immune to Darkness, and the Ice and the Light in it will do very little. So if I get a chance to hit him (and the rest of them) I'll take his eyes instead. Maybe he'll enjoy a different kind of darkness." Nyx grins mischievously.

"Well it might, if the bugger wasn't immune to Darkness, and the Ice and the Light in it will do very little. So if I get a chance to hit him (and the rest of them) I'll take his eyes instead. Maybe he'll enjoy a different kind of darkness." Nyx grins mischievously.

The QM made me PL :tongue:

"Ah, I almost forgot you can hit as hard as you can cast spells, heheh."

"I'll handle the Battle Angel, warden take on that old one." Skrall lined up a bead on the flying warrior with his Hunter's Crossbow from the back row. "About time to add one of these things to the list."