Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest #107: Deeper

14825314823_29c6b4c9dc_o.jpg

-Dastan-

The Great Library of Dastan dwarfs all other known Libraries in size. It is a hulking tower of knowledge, existing for so many years that no one can recall who built it to begin with. The stones have been weathered, and many have been replaced, but the knowledge - and what that knowledge stands for, an accomplishment of mortals - is the same.

The Library of Dastan is currently maintained and cultivated by Emperor Alandri, though it is commonly thought among the patrons of the library that the duties will pass on to Ella Septrine when she finally takes the throne. It is not uncommon to find her sitting in one of the reading rooms scattered around the library, lost in a good read. That is, in fact, where she is now.

IMG_2126_zps1551a46a.jpg

The book in front of her is a heavy tome that she, Tarn, Arthur and Monk Pretzel uncovered from the bottom of the sea. She has donated it to the library, but hardly anyone else has gotten a turn with it, she's in there reading it so much. Currently she's flipping through a story about a story (many of the entries in the book follow the vein). The Prophetess and the Warrior were staying with the ancient Paladin Order, who, after a night of revelry, were explaining one of the myths they tell around the camp fire. A great paladin victory, defeating the demons... though now, around the camp fire, the Paladins admit that they do not know, always, who the demons are, and who the mortals.

Ella's mind begins to wander. Not too far from the library stands the Palace, and she thinks, as she sometimes does, of that fateful day a few years back when her life almost ended. She had seen her own demise, and she had thought it would come to pass. But the heroes had saved her, and later Wren had failed. There is little in the world she understands. The past is a mystery, the future is a mystery, and the present is a mystery too. Her eyes grow heavy and she begins to nod off.

IMG_2117_zps6b94d408.jpg

55514cc0-9fca-4504-88e3-08b7b229bfc0_zps6a9e4109.jpg

"I'm terribly sorry to interrupt, but there's a visitor for you."

DSCN0044_zps5edb399a.jpg

"I'm not feeling well. Ella, you take this one."

637431af-325d-4d52-9fb6-0e8f3ffbd3f0_zpsd87f0972.jpg

"Who is it, U'Voros?"

IMG_2118_zps711d6706.jpg

"Surprise. Not usually me you're expecting, is it," says the Master. "I imagine you're closer with my sister."

"I don't even know who you are," says Ella with a quiet smile. "But I will, won't I?"

"That's how these things work, usually."

"You're real too, aren't you? I mean, you're not just a vision. We're really talking."

"We're really talking."

"You must be very powerful."

"I like to think so."

IMG_2119_zps789bb710.jpg

"That water smells awful."

"Yes it does. I lived near it, for a while. While your friends were in Eubric. I met the dragon baby."

"And I smell earth. Where are we?"

"We are going deep underground. Deep deep and deeper."

IMG_2120_zps912b8949.jpg

"Why is it getting lighter as we go deeper?"

Zane2.jpg

"That's generally the way things are, isn't it?" asks Zane with a wink.

"I've never shared a vision with anyone before. It's strange."

Zane2.jpg

"Only part of me is here anyway," says Zane. He turns to Regret. "How's it going, chum? The Magician says hullo."

IMG_2123_zps46a13370.jpg

"Is this happening right now?"

86e72599-dcf2-4158-89cc-4f14cf6c28f6_zpsbe873b22.jpg

"No, you've got lots to do first. Well, everybody has lots to do first. A lot of people have a lot to do first, right? Am I right? Ha!"

IMG_2125_zps3be1ea02.jpg

"But what should I do now?"

"You should wake up."

IMG_2126_zps1551a46a.jpg

Ella sits in the library of Dastan. The day is still young.

"I wonder what everyone is doing out there," she says looking out the window and out at the whole world. "I wonder if they're getting anything done."

-Eubric-

Four heroes trudge through the docks, making their way to the little workshop of Doc Daneeka.

14260855264_c8919cec5c_o.jpg

Hybros (played by JimButcher)

53-year-old male imp Chi Monk
*Hastened*
*Immune to
Cursed
Asleep
Blinded
Confused
Fragile
Weakened,
Poisoned,
Bleeding
*Immune to all elements except wood*
*Intimidation* (Party Leader)

Level:

Power Bonus:
1 (6 in front row)

Defense:

Health:
52/52
(7+30+12+3*)

Ether:
33/33
(30+3)

Gold:

Equipment:
Golden Armor
(user is permanently hastened and cursed,
fire
water
earth
wind
ice
lightning
darkness
light
-elemental, grants immunity to Sleep, Blindness, Confusion, Frailty, and Weakening; bodywear),
The Black Hat
(Suitable for anyone, grants
Intimidation
, immune to
darkness
and
cursed
, headwear),
Sterile Gloves
(grants immunity to poisoned- and bleeding-effects, handwear),
Fighting Boots
(Power +5 on the front row; suitable to barbarians, knights, rogues, beast warriors, chi monks, dragoons, harlots, infiltrators, marauders, skirmishers, regulators and winged warriors)

Inventory:

•
Sword of Ancestral Hatred
(WP: 45.25 gains 1/4 WP every kill made with it
; longsword),
Zoot's Reaper (WP:15
; scythe, suitable to Hybros), Clock Cog (WP:14, retrievable), Banana Bladerang (WP:9, damage all, retrievable), Justice (WP:8, causes blinded-effect, dagger), Twin Kunai (WP:6, dual strike, daggers), Spinning Bolas (WP: 5, deals the Slowed effect, but the effect is removed when retrieved; retrievable), Wrench (WP:3, decreases the target’s level by 1, retrievable), Crescent Shield (SP: 5, halved damage from elemental attacks, shield)

•
Sticky Gloves (gains 50% more gold, suitable for Rogues, handwear), Baron's Epaulets (Suitable for short heroes, grants Command over short NPCs),
Cloak of the Blue Assassin (SP:1, suitable to Rogues; backwear),
Cloak of the Red Assassin
(Chance of Assassination is 1/3, suitable for Assassins; backwear)

• Emerald, Garnet, Amethyst, Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire, Opal

•
13 Potions, 12 Grand Potions, 16 Health Cores, 11 Remedies, 2 Neutralizers, 3 Elixirs, 2 Phoenix Essences, 4 Phoenix Incenses, 2 Deadly Venoms, 3 Smoke Bombs, 3 Holy Bombs, 5 Nostrums, 2 Meads, 2 Mulled Wines, Minimizing Dust, 3 Pumpkin Bombs (causes stunned-, poisoned-, asleep-, blinded-, sealed- and confused-effects to all opponents when used), 2 Gold Rings (Worth 15 gold; can be given to someone to make them enamored with the giver), Skeleton Decoy, Bone

• Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, 4 Mythril Shards, Crimson Haze
(Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects permanently)

skrall_avatar.jpgskrall.jpg

Skrall (Waterbrick Down)

81 year old Male Ogre Hunter

Level 36
Favors Demons and Humanoid enemies
* *Immune to Fragile, Blinded, and Confused* *Gains 3x experience*

Power Bonus:
+2 WP

Defense:

Health:
50/50

Gold:

Equipment:
Hunter's Crossbow (WP:12/24 vs. Beasts,
fire
ice
wind
, and
darkness
-elemental), Hunter's Quiver (Bows and Crossbows +2WP, allows Hunters to favor two types of enemies, back wear), Tricorne (SP: 3, head wear), Heavy Armor (SP: 5, wearer is immune to fragile, blind, and confused effects, body wear), Medal of Glory (Wearer gains 3x experience from fights, accessory)

Inventory:
Composite Bow (WP:12, ignores SP,
light
lightning
water
wood
, and
earth
-elemental; bow), Oversized Greatsword (WP: 16 - Double damage on targets that are clearly smaller than the hero, greatsword) Wooden Shield (SP:5), Lucky Doubloon (Grants "Special Guard"), Darksteel Armour, SP:6, Max. Health +3; bodywear, 8 Smoke Bomb, 2 Dirt Bombs, Fire Bomb, 5 Water Bombs, Lightning Bomb, Minimizing Dust, 4 Bone, 6 Venoms, 1 Deadly Venoms, Potion, 1 Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, 5 Phoenix Incenses, 3 Meads, 1 Nostrums, 1 Remedy, Blind Fury, Wolfgang Insignia, Black Goo.

5909627714_af21b5c29f_t.jpg

Nyx
(played by Pandora)

Level 30 1/4 Battle Mage
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to Fire, Darkness, Earth, Wind, Poisoned, Confused, Hexed, Sealed, Asleep, Fast Asleep*

Power:
46 (WP 15 + Lvl 30 + 1 [High Heels])

Defense:
8 ([Robe of the Archmagi + Bright Polish] 4 + 4 [Helmet of Azzurat])

Health:
41/41 (Base 5 [Mage], +29 [per level], +5 [Advanced Class], +2 [Grand Zoot's Cookie])

Ether:
42/42(Base 5 [Mage], +29 [per level], +1 [Advanced Class], +5 [Robe of the Archmagi], +1 [Doomshroom] +1 [Doomshroom])

Gold:

Equipment:
Zee Standard (Staff, WP: 15 Ice, Light and Darkness Elemental, Necromancers Raise Enemies with 2 extra levels), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:4, Max. Ether +5, protects from sealed-effect), Mirage Cloak (Immunity to Fire-, Darkness-, Earth- and Wind-elements and confused- asleep- and hexed-effects), High Heels (+1 Power), Helmet of Azzurat (SP:4, immune to poisoned, headwear)

Inventory:

Book of a Thousand Creatures (WP:14, each roll has a 1/6 chance to summon a creature to aid the hero), Lullaby Wand (WP:6 Sleep effect), Explosive Staff – WP: 12 (Does 1/2 damage to all enemies on a successful hit (normal damage to targeted enemy) and 1/2 WP damage to self on a roll of 4 (disregarding SP/row)), Healing Staff (WP: 5), Dagger of the Blue Assassin (WP: 4, Aims become Hits).

Sandman's Parasol (Immune to Asleep and Fast Asleep effects), Monkey Bar (all minions, pets, summons etc are Hastened), Chef’s Apron (Bodywear, Immunity to Fire and Poisons), Phoenix Dress (Max. Ether +5, full ether restored upon revival, immunity to Fire and Lightning, suitable only to female mages, clerics, chi monks, minstrels and necromancers; bodywear), Desert Cloak (Immunity to Fire-, Earth- and Wind-elemental damage; backwear), Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory).

Ruby (Fire), Diamond (Light), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Sapphire (Wind), Emerald (Wood), Garnet (Earth), Aquamarine (Water), Opal (Ice).

Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Arc Sealing, Scroll of Blindness.

4 Meads, 2 Nostrums, Smelling Salts, Ambrosia, 4 Deadly Venoms, 4 Phoenix Essences, 3 Cosmic Essences (Revives a knocked out ally with full health and ether and gives them the blessed-effect), Potion, 3 Tonics, 2 Grand Tonics, Ether Core.

Fire Bomb, Smoke Bomb, Rudra Bomb (100 Lightning Elemental damage to all opponents), Skadi Bomb (100 Ice Elemental damage to all opponents), 2 Chaotic Bombs (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Bomb 'X2' (May be combined with a bomb to get it to ignore SP), Pumpkin Bomb (Causes stunned, poisoned, asleep, blinded, sealed and confused to all enemies).

2 Bedrolls, 5 Bones

ava-ellaria4.jpg

Ellaria Arbour
(Sandy)

23 years old female human Druid

Level 27 2/3
*Immune to Sealing, Poisoned and Bleeding* *Ignis Fatuus: permanently
poisoned by 15

Power:
(27+12)

Defense:
(3+4)

Health:
43/43
(9+26+7+1)

Ether:
39/39
(5+26+5+1+2)

Gold:

Equipment:
Ignis Fatuus (WP:12, permanently poisoned by 15,
fire
- and
lighting
-elemental staff), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max Ether +5, protects from sealing; bodywear), Sterile Gloves (immunity to poisoned and bleeding, handwear), Spider Helmet (SP:4, passes poisoned and bleeding effects to the enemy when the wearer is hit; headwear)

Inventory:

Weapons
Sylvania's Crossbow (WP:10,
wood
-elemental crossbow), Pan Flute (WP: 7, instrument), Wizard's Staff (WP:1,
fire
wind
water
- and
earth
-elemental staff),

Artefacts:
Ranger's Quiver (WP: +1 to bows and crossbows. Suitable for rangers, beast warriors, infiltrators, and winged warriors), Spirit Robe (Renders wearer invisible to the enemy for the first three rounds of battle so they do not take free hits; backwear), Black Bandana (Power +3, pirate lingo; headwear),

Spell Items:
Scroll of Inspiration (Inspired for rest of battle, 10 ether, 50/50 chance) Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Serenade of Water (Causes Water damage equal to the minstrel's level to all enemies per round for as long as the song is sung. Costs 10 ether per round. Battle Song), Ruby (
Fire
)

Consumables:
3 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 4 Health Cores, 4 Tonics, 5 Grand Tonics, Ether Core, Elixir, 2 Remedies, 2 Neutralizers, Tiger Balm, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrum, Soma, Ambrosia, Deadly Venom, 2 Smoke Bombs, Flash Bomb, 3 Fire Bombs, Ice Bomb, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bombs, Pumpkin Bomb (Causes stunned-, poisoned-, asleep-, blinded-, sealed- and confused-effects to all opponents when used.)

Tools:
Bedroll, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass
[/color]

Check your stats! I will reformat them a little once I know they're all correct! Welcome aboard all - that thing at the beginning is more my 3rd anniversary thing, so if you feel like skipping it, feel free! We'll get rocking and rolling as soon as you're all confirmed!

OoC: Everything is a-okay! I will reiterate that I will be gone from the 30th of August to the 14th of September on a trip to Greece, with probably a spotty online connection. Now that everyone is aware, onto the quest...

Ellaria straightens her neckerchief as she walks towards their designated meeting point. She had gone on quests with the others several times before, so she didn't think there would be any trouble ahead. A job quickly done, for a change.

OOC: Thank you for doing this quest, Zepher! I stopped at the Marketplace but forgot to update my stats: I should be 3 Grand Tonics heavier and 90 gold lighter. Also, a few reminders abut Chi Monk because no one's played or hosted one before, and I know we're both bound to forget.

1. I have Special Guard, so a 1/2 chance to avoid negative effects caused by Special Damage.

2. I have Natural Respite

I think that's all, but I'm sure we'll forget at some point anyway. :laugh:

Hybros walked from the Hall towards Daneeka's with the party. It would be good to see the doctor, and old friend, again. He walked beside Nyx. "...the others from Strivvi have told me of what happened. It is... unfortunate to happen once, let alone twice, but perhaps you will succeed upon the third time. Here, we will succeed. I know it..." He wore a face of determination, but lightened up when he realized how serious he was being. "And we get to see Doctor Daneeka again. I am sure you remember that time at Guffington Manor, with Doctor Everstein, Lord Chauncey and those assassins, eheh..."

OoC: Everything looks good stats wise. Reminder that I'll be out from August 15th through the 23rd, I'll try to update as often as I can.

Skrall brought up the rear of the group, he had gotten little sleep the night before, but had determined to put on a resolute demeanor. Skrall smiled at the imp's optimism and reminded himself not to be too dour and to enjoy the new adventure for what it was worth. "Ah so you know this Doctor, do ya Nyx?"

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Nyx happily walked next to Hybros, and nodded as he spoke of Strivvi.

"I wonder if I'll ever go back there again. I'd like to; I'm left dissatisfied. There's so much more to that place, and I think I would find some answers to a few things there." she sighs, also moving on with the conversation "Anyway, it will be pleasant to see Doc Daneeka again, although I hope there won't be much time travel this time. Lord Chauncey's - that's a name I haven't thought of for a while; he was an interesting chap. I always felt he had something to teach me. Well, I wonder what Doc's got in store this time."

As they walk, they fall in with Ellaria and Skrall.

"Ellaria, you look like you mean business in that get-up. Really nice. It's clear your confidence keeps growing, which can only be good." she grins and winks before turning to Skrall "Hey big guy, how're you doing? Yes, Hybros and I were at a party of Lord Guffington's a while back. It was rather complicated, involved multi-coloured assassins, time travel and poisoners, and Doc Daneeka, who works for Guffy, tried to help us keep our heads clear. He's a very clever man, and I respect clever. I'm intrigued by his request of Heroica."

Aiiee, my stats are out of kilter. Here are my current stats (I've also (finally) added in my Grogmas gift and my Marketplace purchases):

5909627714_af21b5c29f_t.jpg Nyx (played by Pandora)

19 years old Female Human Battle Mage *Natural Respite* *Immune to Fire, Darkness, Earth, Wind, Poisoned, Confused, Hexed, Sealed, Asleep, Fast Asleep*

Level: 31

Power: 47

Defense: 8

Health: 42/42

Ether: 43/43

Gold: 252

Equipment: Zee Standard (Staff, WP: 15 Ice, Light and Darkness Elemental, Necromancers Raise Enemies with 2 extra levels), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:4, Max. Ether +5, protects from sealed-effect), Mirage Cloak (Immunity to Fire-, Darkness-, Earth- and Wind-elements and confused- asleep- and hexed-effects), High Heels (+1 Power), Helmet of Azzurat (SP:4, immune to poisoned, headwear).

Inventory: Book of a Thousand Creatures (WP:15, each roll has a 1/6 chance to summon a creature to aid the hero), Lullaby Wand (WP:6 Sleep effect), Healing Staff (WP: 5), Darksteel Dagger WP: 13, blinded effect) Bone Scepter (WP: 10, On Hit, gives enemies the Undead type if they do not have a second type, Wand.)

* Sandman's Parasol (Immune to Asleep and Fast Asleep effects), Monkey Bar (all minions, pets, summons etc are Hastened), Chef’s Apron (Bodywear, Immunity to Fire and Poisons), Phoenix Dress (Max. Ether +5, full ether restored upon revival, immunity to Fire and Lightning, suitable only to female mages, clerics, chi monks, minstrels and necromancers; bodywear), Desert Cloak (Immunity to Fire-, Earth- and Wind-elemental damage; backwear), Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory), Bolero Of Fire (Cause Fire damage equal to the minstrel's level to all enemies per round for as long as the song is sung. Costs 10 ether per round. Minstrel Song), Scarlet Fascinator (Max. Ether +1, suitable to females only; headwear)

*Ruby (Fire), Diamond (Light), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Sapphire (Wind), Emerald (Wood), Garnet (Earth), Aquamarine (Water), Opal (Ice).Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Arc Sealing, Scroll of Blindness. 3 Meads, 2 Nostrums, Ambrosia, Smelling Salts, 5 Deadly Venoms, Paralyzing Venom, Venom x6, 3 Phoenix Essences, 3 Cosmic Essences (Revives a knocked out ally with full health and ether and gives them the blessed-effect), 2 Potions, Remedy, 4 Tonics, 2 Grand Tonics, Ether Core. Fire Bomb, Smoke Bomb, Skadi Bomb (100 Ice Elemental damage to all opponents), 2 Chaotic Bombs (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Pumpkin Bomb (Causes stunned, poisoned, asleep, blinded, sealed and confused to all enemies). 2 Bedrolls, 5 Bones.

One last thing... I am likely to be a little busy from mid to late September. It's very vaguely possible I might also disappear unexpectedly before then, although very unlikely really, and if I do it shouldn't be for too long. If this is a problem, PM me.

"Speaking of assassins, Nyx, I have retired the red and blue cloaks we got on that quest in favor for more... erm, magical techniques. I will mostly be effective in the front of the battle since I will use my hands instead of a wand, but maybe you can tell me some tips on this ethereal power? It is not something I am very used to yet, eheh."

Hybros breathes in the fresh ocean air. It had become something that he had become accustomed to since his time in Eubric. It was more familiar than the stale underground smell that he experienced a very short time ago, and would again soon. "Ellaria, I can also help you heal the party, though I am not very experienced with that, either..." For once, Hybros felt completely out of his element when it came to battle. He hoped he would not drag the party down with his new fighting style.

OOC: Oh yeah, I think I should also have 150 of Arthur's gold. So in total I should have 3 Grand Tonics and 1184 gold.

"Ellaria, you look like you mean business in that get-up. Really nice. It's clear your confidence keeps growing, which can only be good."

"Thanks, Nyx!" Ellaria says, beaming. "I wasn't sure what you'd think, being such a classy dresser yourself. But I do feel like mean business now, hehe!"

"Ellaria, I can also help you heal the party, though I am not very experienced with that, either..."

"Good to hear, Hybros! I'll show you the ropes, for sure." She then looks at the imp's bandages. "Why the wrapping, though? You weren't hurt in your training, were you?"

The Party

14260855264_c8919cec5c_o.jpg

Hybros (played by JimButcher)

53-year-old male imp Chi Monk
*Hastened*
*Immune to
Cursed
Asleep
Blinded
Confused
Fragile
Weakened,
Poisoned,
Bleeding
*Immune to all elements except wood*
*Intimidation* (Party Leader)

Level:

Power Bonus:
1 (6 in front row)

Defense:

Health:
52/52
(7+30+12+3*)

Ether:
33/33
(30+3)

Gold:

Equipment:
Golden Armor
(user is permanently hastened and cursed,
fire
water
earth
wind
ice
lightning
darkness
light
-elemental, grants immunity to Sleep, Blindness, Confusion, Frailty, and Weakening; bodywear),
The Black Hat
(Suitable for anyone, grants
Intimidation
, immune to
darkness
and
cursed
, headwear),
Sterile Gloves
(grants immunity to poisoned- and bleeding-effects, handwear),
Fighting Boots
(Power +5 on the front row; suitable to barbarians, knights, rogues, beast warriors, chi monks, dragoons, harlots, infiltrators, marauders, skirmishers, regulators and winged warriors)

Inventory:

• Sword of Ancestral Hatred (WP: 45.25 gains 1/4 WP every kill made with it; longsword), Zoot's Reaper (WP:15; scythe, suitable to Hybros), Clock Cog (WP:14, retrievable), Banana Bladerang (WP:9, damage all, retrievable), Justice (WP:8, causes blinded-effect, dagger), Twin Kunai (WP:6, dual strike, daggers), Spinning Bolas (WP: 5, deals the Slowed effect, but the effect is removed when retrieved; retrievable), Wrench (WP:3, decreases the target’s level by 1, retrievable), Crescent Shield (SP: 5, halved damage from elemental attacks, shield)

• Sticky Gloves (gains 50% more gold, suitable for Rogues, handwear), Baron's Epaulets (Suitable for short heroes, grants Command over short NPCs), Cloak of the Blue Assassin (SP:1, suitable to Rogues; backwear), Cloak of the Red Assassin (Chance of Assassination is 1/3, suitable for Assassins; backwear)

• Emerald, Garnet, Amethyst, Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire, Opal

•
13 Potions, 12 Grand Potions, 16 Health Cores, 11 Remedies, 2 Neutralizers, 3 Elixirs, 2 Phoenix Essences, 4 Phoenix Incenses, 2 Deadly Venoms, 3 Smoke Bombs, 3 Holy Bombs, 5 Nostrums, 2 Meads, 2 Mulled Wines, Minimizing Dust, 3 Pumpkin Bombs (causes stunned-, poisoned-, asleep-, blinded-, sealed- and confused-effects to all opponents when used), 2 Gold Rings (Worth 15 gold; can be given to someone to make them enamored with the giver), Skeleton Decoy, Bone, 3 Grand Tonics

• Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, 4 Mythril Shards, Crimson Haze (Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects permanently)

skrall_avatar.jpgskrall.jpg

Skrall (Waterbrick Down)

81 year old Male Ogre Hunter

Level 36
Favors Demons and Humanoid enemies
* *Immune to Fragile, Blinded, and Confused* *Gains 3x experience*

Power Bonus:
+2 WP

Defense:

Health:
50/50

Gold:

Equipment:
Hunter's Crossbow (WP:12/24 vs. Beasts,
fire
ice
wind
, and
darkness
-elemental), Hunter's Quiver (Bows and Crossbows +2WP, allows Hunters to favor two types of enemies, back wear), Tricorne (SP: 3, head wear), Heavy Armor (SP: 5, wearer is immune to fragile, blind, and confused effects, body wear), Medal of Glory (Wearer gains 3x experience from fights, accessory)

Inventory:
Composite Bow (WP:12, ignores SP,
light
lightning
water
wood
, and
earth
-elemental; bow), Oversized Greatsword (WP: 16 - Double damage on targets that are clearly smaller than the hero, greatsword) Wooden Shield (SP:5), Lucky Doubloon (Grants "Special Guard"), Darksteel Armour, SP:6, Max. Health +3; bodywear, 8 Smoke Bomb, 2 Dirt Bombs, Fire Bomb, 5 Water Bombs, Lightning Bomb, Minimizing Dust, 4 Bone, 6 Venoms, 1 Deadly Venoms, Potion, 1 Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, 5 Phoenix Incenses, 3 Meads, 1 Nostrums, 1 Remedy, Blind Fury, Wolfgang Insignia, Black Goo.

5909627714_af21b5c29f_t.jpg

Nyx
(played by Pandora)

19 years old Female Human Battle Mage
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to Fire, Darkness, Earth, Wind, Poisoned, Confused, Hexed, Sealed, Asleep, Fast Asleep*

Level:

Power:

Defense:

Health:
42/42

Ether:
43/43

Gold:

Equipment:
Zee Standard (Staff, WP: 15 Ice, Light and Darkness Elemental, Necromancers Raise Enemies with 2 extra levels), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:4, Max. Ether +5, protects from sealed-effect), Mirage Cloak (Immunity to Fire-, Darkness-, Earth- and Wind-elements and confused- asleep- and hexed-effects), High Heels (+1 Power), Helmet of Azzurat (SP:4, immune to poisoned, headwear).

Inventory:
Book of a Thousand Creatures (WP:15, each roll has a 1/6 chance to summon a creature to aid the hero), Lullaby Wand (WP:6 Sleep effect), Healing Staff (WP: 5), Darksteel Dagger WP: 13, blinded effect)
Bone Scepter (
WP: 10, On Hit, gives enemies the Undead type if they do not have a second type, Wand.)

Sandman's Parasol (Immune to Asleep and Fast Asleep effects), Monkey Bar (all minions, pets, summons etc are Hastened), Chef’s Apron (Bodywear, Immunity to Fire and Poisons), Phoenix Dress (Max. Ether +5, full ether restored upon revival, immunity to Fire and Lightning, suitable only to female mages, clerics, chi monks, minstrels and necromancers; bodywear), Desert Cloak (Immunity to Fire-, Earth- and Wind-elemental damage; backwear), Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory),
Bolero Of Fire (Cause Fire damage equal to the minstrel's level to all enemies per round for as long as the song is sung. Costs 10 ether per round. Minstrel Song),
Scarlet Fascinator
(Max. Ether +1, suitable to females only; headwear)

*Ruby (Fire), Diamond (Light), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Sapphire (Wind), Emerald (Wood), Garnet (Earth), Aquamarine (Water), Opal (Ice).
Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Arc Sealing, Scroll of Blindness.
3 Meads, 2 Nostrums, Ambrosia, Smelling Salts, 5 Deadly Venoms,
Paralyzing Venom, Venom x6,
3 Phoenix Essences, 3 Cosmic Essences (Revives a knocked out ally with full health and ether and gives them the blessed-effect), 2 Potions, Remedy, 4 Tonics, 2 Grand Tonics, Ether Core.
Fire Bomb, Smoke Bomb, Skadi Bomb (100 Ice Elemental damage to all opponents), 2 Chaotic Bombs (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Pumpkin Bomb (Causes stunned, poisoned, asleep, blinded, sealed and confused to all enemies). 2 Bedrolls, 5 Bones

ava-ellaria4.jpg

Ellaria Arbour
(Sandy)

23 years old female human Druid

Level 27 2/3
*Immune to Sealing, Poisoned and Bleeding* *Ignis Fatuus: permanently
poisoned by 15

Power:
(27+12)

Defense:
(3+4)

Health:
43/43
(9+26+7+1)

Ether:
39/39
(5+26+5+1+2)

Gold:

Equipment:
Ignis Fatuus (WP:12, permanently poisoned by 15,
fire
- and
lighting
-elemental staff), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max Ether +5, protects from sealing; bodywear), Sterile Gloves (immunity to poisoned and bleeding, handwear), Spider Helmet (SP:4, passes poisoned and bleeding effects to the enemy when the wearer is hit; headwear)

Inventory:

Weapons
Sylvania's Crossbow (WP:10,
wood
-elemental crossbow), Pan Flute (WP: 7, instrument), Wizard's Staff (WP:1,
fire
wind
water
- and
earth
-elemental staff),

Artefacts:
Ranger's Quiver (WP: +1 to bows and crossbows. Suitable for rangers, beast warriors, infiltrators, and winged warriors), Spirit Robe (Renders wearer invisible to the enemy for the first three rounds of battle so they do not take free hits; backwear), Black Bandana (Power +3, pirate lingo; headwear),

Spell Items:
Scroll of Inspiration (Inspired for rest of battle, 10 ether, 50/50 chance) Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Serenade of Water (Causes Water damage equal to the minstrel's level to all enemies per round for as long as the song is sung. Costs 10 ether per round. Battle Song), Ruby (
Fire
)

Consumables:
3 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 4 Health Cores, 4 Tonics, 5 Grand Tonics, Ether Core, Elixir, 2 Remedies, 2 Neutralizers, Tiger Balm, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrum, Soma, Ambrosia, Deadly Venom, 2 Smoke Bombs, Flash Bomb, 3 Fire Bombs, Ice Bomb, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bombs, Pumpkin Bomb (Causes stunned-, poisoned-, asleep-, blinded-, sealed- and confused-effects to all opponents when used.)

Tools:
Bedroll, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass

The party talks jovially as they march down the streets. Hybros leads the way to Daneeka's workshop - a place he visited long long ago to save a man from his own dreams. The converted warehouse is a large wooden structure, with only a small door on one side as the entrance. The heroes knock, but no answer comes, so they bravely open the door and step inside.

​The place is even more cluttered than Hybros' previous visit. Dust hangs lazily in the air, frozen where it is, hovering for eternity. Old inventions, some of which appear to have been stripped for parts, are thrown into enormous piles everywhere. In a far corner of the warehouse, the heroes can hear voices. They carefully pick their way through the mess and come across two figures discussing things over some wine.

IMG_2082_zpsb0e720d0.jpg

352abbef-fd1c-4799-ad5d-1a3827fe57ab_zps8cd65e4b.jpg

"Well well well, look what we have here! Are people normally allowed to just let themselves into your shop, Daneeka?"

97044e91-b3a8-4b3b-95c7-412bd3ca9efe_zps626f4568.jpg

"These are the heroes I hired. I am certain if I had been polite and answered the door, they would not currently be intruding. I got lost in my conversation." Doc turns to the heroes and rattles off their names in his tinny monotone voice: "Hybros, it is good to see you again, Nyx, the same to you - Skrall, no last name, Ogre Hunter, and Ellaria Arbour, the human druid. You will all serve nicely. I have great faith in Heroica."

"As do I, sorry. Just ribbing you earlier. Names Heweyrt, no last name," Heweyrt winks at Skrall. "Your pals really saved my big behind up in the high kingdoms, so hopefully you're just as competent as Hoke and Lizardman and what's-her-name-calmy. Anyway, shall we kick this thing off? Daneeka, you have more experience than I do. We brief them, right?"

"Yes. Heroes, I am a man of science and exploration. You know this. Recently I assisted the Princess Ella Septrine of Dastan retrieve an ancient book from below the sea. It is an old book with many secrets. We have been in correspondence ever since." Daneeka glances around, taking in the room. It is impossible to tell if he is embarrassed by the clutter. "My race is old. I myself am seven hundred fifty seven years old. We knew of Nu Mercution when it lived. And even that civilization, which seems so long gone, had histories and myths of it's own. There is no end to the past. It keeps going deeper and deeper."

"Hey, Doc, let's get to the good part. These are heroes, not scholars. Just tell them what to kill and what to loot."

"Within the book of the Prophetess and the Warrior, there is an old fable of a battle between the Paladin Order of old and their foes, a strange demon force." Daneeka wheezes metallically, and it takes the heroes a few seconds to realize it is a sigh. "I have found, in my life time, that demons are often mislabeled. There are creatures of Zoot - those are demons. Then there are "others" - those are not demon. I myself have a fascination with species dead or dying. I am intrigued by the Dastan Dragons, by the Norns, by my own species. When a species dies, it takes many secrets with it. Ella says that the Paladins of old admitted to not knowing if their foes were true demons."

"There's a supposed library and little city near the place where this battle between the Paladins and demons took place. If we could find it-"

"Supposedly it is on the outskirts of Nu Mercution. Not the main city, but the far distance. We live over the remnants of the capital. The outskirts of the city would be below the sea."

Daneeka pauses. Clearly there may be questions before he gives the heroes their exact assignment.

Ellaria listens to the doctor with her notebook at hand. She is too mesmerized about the history lecture to actually write anything down.

"I'm sorry to interrupt", Ellaria says all of a sudden. "But why are you here, Mr. Heweyrt? Are you Doctor Daneeka's colleague, perhaps?"

"Good to hear, Hybros! I'll show you the ropes, for sure." She then looks at the imp's bandages. "Why the wrapping, though? You weren't hurt in your training, were you?"

"You could say that, heheh... I am not sure what the result of my... injury is, but I know that it was the price to pay for my new abilities... Yes, heh."

Hybros entered Daneeka's workshop, recalling the time when he, Guts and Docken we're put into tubes to go into Guffington's dreams. He liked the rich old man, but hoped he would not hav to venture into someone's mind like that again. He removed his hat and bowed to th Doctor. "Doctor Daneeka, it is very good to see you again. Legonardo and Jun send their regards, eheh."

Hybros nodded at the other man. For some reason he made the imp uneasy; there seemed be more behind his devious grin and mischievous eyes than he intended to give off. Hybros listened for the answer to Ellaria's inquiry before speaking to the stranger. Instead he turned back to Daneeka.

"I am ready. Whatever is out there I am prepared to face it, and I know that you are also well prepared, Doctor. I do wonder... what type of demon or other creature do you expect to find down there? I have been beneath the surface many times, and have seen everything from dragons and arch demons to gnomes and Moon Elves. Everything but what I seek from below. Do you..." Hybros paused. It was doubt that had been nagging at him since he heard about this quest from Legonardo. Would he find his people at long last, or would it be another failed search? He held his tongue, he did want to know the answer quite yet. "We will... Do our best to find what it is you are looking for..." he finished lamely.

"Speaking of assassins, Nyx, I have retired the red and blue cloaks we got on that quest in favor for more... erm, magical techniques. I will mostly be effective in the front of the battle since I will use my hands instead of a wand, but maybe you can tell me some tips on this ethereal power? It is not something I am very used to yet, eheh."

Nyx replies conversationally as they walk.

"Your new outfit suits you well, but then I'm always in favour of black. Very cool. I only know one side of magics - the destructive, and even then it's temperamental, probably because I'm temperamental, I guess" she shrugs "You just need to reach out feelers for life-force, then you just twist and bend. You gather the life essence and turn and squeeze until you feel you enemies' pain and they can feel yours. And then you burn, or drown, or suffocate, or whatever is needed, depending on the element. That's all I've ever known. I cannot teach about the healing side of magic, though, however I doubt you'll find a better tutor than the Druid Ellaria."

On entering the workshop, Nyx casts an eye over the scene, feeling uneasy as her eyes fall on Heweyrt. He seemed vaguely familiar, and overly cocky. Doc Daneeka was just how she remembered him, however.

"Good to see you again Doctor" she bows deeply and formally "and a pleasure to meet you Heweyrt, I am Nyx also no last name." she deliberately shows no misgivings towards the man, instead turning back "Doctor, I do not fear demons, or those who would pretend to be such. They die just the same. What would you ask of us?"

Skrall smiled as Nyx joined the group, it was good to have some familiar faces on this quest. As the party entered the room, Skrall gauged his surroundings, poorly lit and ill organized. "Nu Murcution, so we're heading underground. So this is some sort of archaeological expedition?"

Ellaria listens to the doctor with her notebook at hand. She is too mesmerized about the history lecture to actually write anything down.

"I'm sorry to interrupt", Ellaria says all of a sudden. "But why are you here, Mr. Heweyrt? Are you Doctor Daneeka's colleague, perhaps?"

"I don't know, why are you here? Because we all got to do something, right?" Heweyrt grins. "Sorry, sorry, yes, that's a good question. Doc Daneeka and I are pals, that's all. Recent pals. I'm a bit of a traveller myself - see, that's one of the things I do to occupy my time before I kick the bucket, just like you and being a hero - and I heard of some great Doc down in Eubric who built fancy stuff. Next thing you know, I'm on a boat heading to Eubric and finding that Doc. Doc Daneeka, to be clear. Turns out we've both got a bit of a passion for finding out information from the past and applying it to the future! Anyway, I've got a bit of gold to toss around, so I told him we could go splitsies on the cost of the venture. So that's why I'm here."

"Doctor Daneeka, it is very good to see you again. Legonardo and Jun send their regards, eheh."

"I am ready. Whatever is out there I am prepared to face it, and I know that you are also well prepared, Doctor. I do wonder... what type of demon or other creature do you expect to find down there? I have been beneath the surface many times, and have seen everything from dragons and arch demons to gnomes and Moon Elves. Everything but what I seek from below. Do you..." Hybros paused. It was doubt that had been nagging at him since he heard about this quest from Legonardo. Would he find his people at long last, or would it be another failed search? He held his tongue, he did want to know the answer quite yet. "We will... Do our best to find what it is you are looking for..." he finished lamely.

"I am glad to hear they are in good health. I left the Ji Pei to serve Guffington, but I still have great love for them in my hearts. As for my expectations; I have none. That is the great joy of it. We are certain to find something we did not know before." The Doc seems totally unaware of the Imp's fumbling speech.

On entering the workshop, Nyx casts an eye over the scene, feeling uneasy as her eyes fall on Heweyrt. He seemed vaguely familiar, and overly cocky. Doc Daneeka was just how she remembered him, however.

"Good to see you again Doctor" she bows deeply and formally "and a pleasure to meet you Heweyrt, I am Nyx also no last name." she deliberately shows no misgivings towards the man, instead turning back "Doctor, I do not fear demons, or those who would pretend to be such. They die just the same. What would you ask of us?"

"Please, the pleasure is all mine!" exclaims Heweyrt, making a sweeping bow. It is not clear if he is mocking her or not. "Though I'm not sure how you can know it's a pleasure to meet me, seeing how little you know about me! I hope I don't force your foot into your mouth."

"It is good you do not fear demons, Nyx. But I do not suspect that is what these creatures truly are. I do not believe that most creatures are forces of evil. I have not even come to the absolute conclusion that demons of Zoot are evil by nature."

"All we know of these creatures is that Paladins called them demons, and they no longer exist. History has a way of perverting the truth. Suppose that, after the Orcish Wars, the humans had stood strong. They swept Baltarok. No Orcs lived. They tell their children they killed monsters called Orcs. Their children tell their children their parents killed monsters, no last name. Their children tell their children monsters once roamed Olegaia. And so on. The Orcs are not monsters, and worse, their secrets would be lost. Their language would be lost. Time sor-sty erin. If the Vikings had eradicated the Norns, the artifact keeping you alive at your worst times would be lost. Do not judge the past on the present.

Doc turns to Skrall.

"That is exactly what this is, Skrall. And to begin, we will need a drill. I have built that. What I require is a power source. The Ji Pei have generously agreed to donate one to me, but I will need you heroes to collect it. You know the streets of Eubric are dangerous. Heweyrt believes that there are those who may move against this. The past is not a friend to all. Some have secrets buried there they'd rather left untouched."

Nyx replies conversationally as they walk.

"Your new outfit suits you well, but then I'm always in favour of black. Very cool. I only know one side of magics - the destructive, and even then it's temperamental, probably because I'm temperamental, I guess" she shrugs "You just need to reach out feelers for life-force, then you just twist and bend. You gather the life essence and turn and squeeze until you feel you enemies' pain and they can feel yours. And then you burn, or drown, or suffocate, or whatever is needed, depending on the element. That's all I've ever known. I cannot teach about the healing side of magic, though, however I doubt you'll find a better tutor than the Druid Ellaria."

Hybros looks down at his oriental garb that reflected his training with Lee Long, and the burnt and torn cloak that had resulted from it. "You mean you can feel another's pain? I did not know this... all I knew was to inflict it."

"I don't know, why are you here? Because we all got to do something, right?" Heweyrt grins. "Sorry, sorry, yes, that's a good question. Doc Daneeka and I are pals, that's all. Recent pals. I'm a bit of a traveller myself - see, that's one of the things I do to occupy my time before I kick the bucket, just like you and being a hero - and I heard of some great Doc down in Eubric who built fancy stuff. Next thing you know, I'm on a boat heading to Eubric and finding that Doc. Doc Daneeka, to be clear. Turns out we've both got a bit of a passion for finding out information from the past and applying it to the future! Anyway, I've got a bit of gold to toss around, so I told him we could go splitsies on the cost of the venture. So that's why I'm here."

Hybros eyed the man suspiciously. Anyone who clouded their intentions, especially to the ones they hired, held a questionable character. But Daneeka trusted him, so that was enough for Hybros. He turned back to the Doctor, listening intently to his lecture.

"I am glad to hear they are in good health. I left the Ji Pei to serve Guffington, but I still have great love for them in my hearts. As for my expectations; I have none. That is the great joy of it. We are certain to find something we did not know before." The Doc seems totally unaware of the Imp's fumbling speech.

Hybros looks down, trying to hide any disappointment at the lack of certainty. But when he looked up again, his eyes were filled with determination. "I could not agree more Doctor, hehehe... From my experience there is much to be learned from the past. And much to be learned from what lies beneath..."

"That is exactly what this is, Skrall. And to begin, we will need a drill. I have built that. What I require is a power source. The Ji Pei have generously agreed to donate one to me, but I will need you heroes to collect it. You know the streets of Eubric are dangerous. Heweyrt believes that there are those who may move against this. The past is not a friend to all. Some have secrets buried there they'd rather left untouched."

Hybros nods. Legonardo. "I have done several deliveries involving this kind of technology, I think they can trust me to complete such a task again, hehe."

He speaks to the party. "The Wolfgang, the Plague Doctor, the Crimson Crown... we must be prepared to fight them all if we wish to succeed."

"If the Vikings had eradicated the Norns, the artifact keeping you alive at your worst times would be lost."

Ellaria leans to whisper to her companions. "I thought that was supposed to be our big secret. How come everyone seems to know about it?"

"The Wolfgang, the Plague Doctor, the Crimson Crown... we must be prepared to fight them all if we wish to succeed."

"Sounds like Tuesday", Ellaria boasts, even though the idea of carrying something valuable through the streets of Eubric and it's greedy inhabitants once again did not entice her much at all.

He speaks to the party. "The Wolfgang, the Plague Doctor, the Crimson Crown... we must be prepared to fight them all if we wish to succeed."

Heweyrt counts off on his fingers as Hybros lists secret organizations.

"Hm, maybe, maybe, maybe. See, this part isn't so much valuable on it's own. Like Daneeka said, there are some who would rather the past die a quiet death. It's those people we must watch out for." Heweyrt considers things for a few seconds. "Always."

Ellaria leans to whisper to her companions. "I thought that was supposed to be our big secret. How come everyone seems to know about it?"

Daneeka nods as Ellaria whispers. Apparently his hearing is better than imps, ogres and humans.

"It's not much of a secret that heroes rarely die. I have worked alongside heroes on three ventures. None of them have perished. I have heard talk of many more ventures here in Eubric and abroad. In very few stories do heroes die. An investigation had to be launched. Once one finds the time that heroes stopped dying - three years ago - and align with that the induction of the Valkyrie to the ranks of your Veterans, you need only read a book or two to know what happened. Knowledge is king. Are you ready to depart?"

"Wait wait wait!" cries Heweyrt. "Don't forget." He turns to the heroes. "As much as I value your help, heroes, and as much as I trust you and your ability, I'm also not sold on your ability and also not sure I trust you. Or at least there are others that I trust and believe in more. I brought one of them along."

Out from behind one of the piles of old inventions steps a armor clad woman!!

IMG_2085_zpsf7105d87.jpg

"Hel's nips, took you long enough. I was getting bored back there."

"Pretty snazzy entrance though, wasn't it, heroes?" Heweyrt beams. "Anyway, this lovely lady is Deborah Bryce, aka the Golden Warden. Because she's just golden, and, you know, a warden. Anyway, her and I have been friends for years, and so she's agreed to help me out on this little venture."

"That is all. You may go now. We will see you shortly. The power source is waiting for you at the Tritech Headquarters just outside the city."

The heroes step back on to the street, Deborah in tow.

Hybros eyes Heweyrt. "I am not sure I trust you, either, or this Warden. But if you paid for half of this venture, then I suppose it is only fair that you are represented as well as the Doctor."

"To the Tritech Headquarters." Hybros nodded at Daneeka. "I know the way, and so does Ellaria." He turned to leave, poking Skrall as he did so. "Just remember it is four against one. If this Warden tries anything, I trust you will have the quicker trigger finger, heheh."

Hybros led the way to the Headquarters, taking in the city's sights. Alleyways, rooftops, sewers... bustling crowds, shady individuals... a threat could come from anywhere. He usually felt at ease in the streets of Eubric, but on important missions like these he had to constantly scan for would-be combatants or thieves. Hybros did not look at Deborah, but it was clear he was talking to her. "I am sure you heard our names while hiding back there. How do you know this Heweyrt? Something tells me that he is not all that he seems, eheh."

OoC: I apparently neglected to take an avatar picture for Deborah! That will be fixed once the sun is up once more!

IMG_2127_zps9bce482c.jpg

"Like Heweyrt said, we've known each other for a long time." She shrugs heavily and her armor clangs. "He's a bit of an megablocks and he's too showy for my taste, but it doesn't mean he's a bad guy. And he's not at all what he seems. Keep an eye on him. He may sound like an idiot who likes to run off his mouth, but he's really quite cunning. I have yet to outsmart him. Ever. His mind is always two steps ahead of you down any road you can think up." She smiles savagely. "And he's got a whole lot more affection than he lets on. He likes heroes, for example. Loves poking fun of them, sure, but he likes them well enough too, in that big old heart of his."

Ellaria follows the others outside. She had the nasty feeling they could be jumped on at any time, despite being the imposing group that they were. Street gangs in this city were not the smartest of people...

"So, I never saw myself as a miner, but here we are, about to drill our way through the earth", she said to her companions. "Funny how life throws you at all these different situations when you're in Heroica."

"He likes heroes, for example. Loves poking fun of them, sure, but he likes them well enough too, in that big old heart of his."

"Well he could have fooled me... how does he like heroes if he can not even trust them?"

"So, I never saw myself as a miner, but here we are, about to drill our way through the earth", she said to her companions. "Funny how life throws you at all these different situations when you're in Heroica."

"Heheh, yes. I have seen more adventure since joining than I have ever before in my life. And I have been many places."

"To the Tritech Headquarters." Hybros nodded at Daneeka. "I know the way, and so does Ellaria." He turned to leave, poking Skrall as he did so. "Just remember it is four against one. If this Warden tries anything, I trust you will have the quicker trigger finger, heheh."

"Don't worry, I've taken care of a Warden before." Skrall smiled, he turned to Ellaria. "I don't consider hundreds of feet of dirt ready to come crashin' down on my head a laughin' matter, but to each his own I guess."

Nyx walks along with the others, eyeing their new companion carefully. She moves next to Hybros, speaking so quietly that only he can hear.

"Heweyrt is an odd fish. I was merely being polite. I would be happy to kill him, should the need arise. Her too." she nods surreptitiously at Deborah "What Daneeka failed to hear in my words is that everything dies one way or another. And almost everything burns."

She turns to the newcomer.

"So tell me of the times you've felt the need to try to outsmart this Heweyrt. How and why did you try to accomplish this? It strikes me that that implies that one or both of you is less than trustworthy." Nyx watches Deborah carefully for her reaction.

Nyx walks along with the others, eyeing their new companion carefully. She moves next to Hybros, speaking so quietly that only he can hear.

"Heweyrt is an odd fish. I was merely being polite. I would be happy to kill him, should the need arise. Her too." she nods surreptitiously at Deborah "What Daneeka failed to hear in my words is that everything dies one way or another. And almost everything burns."

"Well then for their sake let us hope that there will be no need for that, hehehe... I trust Daneeka with my life because I have already done so twice. If he trusts Hewyrt... that is enough for me at he moment." Hybros leans in. "But we will need that fireball ready just in case, heh."

"Well he could have fooled me... how does he like heroes if he can not even trust them?"

IMG_2127_zps9bce482c.jpg

"He's a better speaker than me, so don't let my garbled version of his thoughts make you think any way of him. But I think you can understand liking someone and not trusting them. Usually I know if I like someone within a day or two. It takes a few years for me to trust them. Isn't it the same for you?"

She turns to the newcomer.

"So tell me of the times you've felt the need to try to outsmart this Heweyrt. How and why did you try to accomplish this? It strikes me that that implies that one or both of you is less than trustworthy." Nyx watches Deborah carefully for her reaction.

IMG_2127_zps9bce482c.jpg

"Jeez, try to help out some new friends and you get an interview. You guys are even less trusting than we are, and you're suspicious that we don't trust you! That's what people call irony, you know."

"You've never tried to outsmart a pal? Heweyrt is, for example, an avid chess player, and he forces me and others to play with him. Whenever I try to lay a trap for him, I lose the game. It is very embarrassing, and now you've gotten it out of me." She shrugs. "I guess traps aren't really my style. With a strong defense I can at least cling onto the games longer."

The heroes of Heroica walk down the streets of Eubric. They are extremely cautious, but it appears to be an unnecessary precaution as they go completely undisturbed.

Outside the city, relying on memory, Hybros and Ellaria find the headquarters of the the Tritech company. One of the doctors greets them at the door.

12245041715_d0b150a808_o.jpg

"Hm, yes, hello I'm Dr. Don, good to see you! We've been expecting you. Dr. Raph is just looking over the engine one more time, so if you'd be so kind as to step inside and wait a few moments. Ellaria, I have a pot of tea prepared, and Hybros, cocoa is made easily enough. I'm afraid I don't know what you other three drink!"

IMG_2127_zps9bce482c.jpg

"If you've got any hot cider..."

12245041715_d0b150a808_o.jpg

"Oh yes we do! Right this way!"

The heroes step into the Headquarters.

IMG_2127_zps9bce482c.jpg

"He's a better speaker than me, so don't let my garbled version of his thoughts make you think any way of him. But I think you can understand liking someone and not trusting them. Usually I know if I like someone within a day or two. It takes a few years for me to trust them. Isn't it the same for you?

"Hm yes, I suppose so." Hybros keeps his guard up, but feels a little more at ease.

He tips his hat and bows to Dr. Don. "It is good to see you again, eheh. Tea is fine thank you. How is Doctor Telsa?" Hybros looked around. "And what can you tell me about this engine, and the machine that it is used for?"