Sandy

Heroica RPG - Third Anniversary Lottery

heroica-thirdanniversarybanner.jpg

Once again the enthusiastic hubbub spread among the heroes of Heroica. All those who could gathered to Heroica Hall and said a little prayer to their personal deity. Maybe this year they would be lucky enough to score big.

heroica-lottery.jpg

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg

"Heroes of Heroica, may I please have your attention? It is time for our annual Anniversary Lottery, where we Veterans will give away prizes sponsored by the good citizens of Eubric that you've helped throughout this year. As they say, third time is the charm, so everyone should write their name down on a ticket in order to participate in this prosperous game of chance!

Times may seem desperate in this city, but Heroica will not falter. We will carry on our duty to serve and protect people in distress, wherever they might be and whatever they might look like. We are heroes for a reason, and we will not let evil minds sway us from our path of righteousness!

May luck be with you for the lottery and for all the years to come!"

RULES:

- All players of Heroica RPG may participate into the raffle, no matter if they are currently on a quest or not. New players are welcome to participate as well.

- Confirm your character's participation by posting
in-character
to this topic
before
the 10th of August, 2014. The post can be about how your character finds out about the lottery and sends their slip of paper, for example.

- The lottery will take place on the
10th of August
. The prizes listed below will be dealt to the lucky winners. One player character can only win one prize.

- If you win an item from the raffle, you can add it to your character's inventory immediately (thanks to the magical "Z-Mail" system).

- If you have any questions about the lottery, please ask them at the
-topic, not here.

PRIZES:

heroica-healthcore.jpgHealth Core (Restores full health.)

heroica-ethercore.jpgEther Core (Restores full ether.)

heroica-firstaidkit_zpsa1f5ce9b.jpgFirst Aid Kit (Completely restores health and removes all negative effects for the entire party once.)

heroica-fenghuangessence.jpgFenghuang Essence (After being consumed, automatically revives the target with full health once when knocked out; cannot revive targets that are already knocked out)

heroica-everlastingvenom.jpgEverlasting Venom (Adds the poisoned by 10-effect to one weapon permanently)

heroica-dragonscale.jpgDragon Scale (Grants lucky- and blessed-effects when consumed.)

heroica-krakenfang.jpgKraken Fang (Grants hastened- and reinforced-effects when consumed.)

heroica-titanheart.jpgTitan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed.)

heroica-gratingstone.jpgGrating Stone (WP +1 to one weapon upon use.)

heroica-brightpolish_zpsb717c4c4.jpgBright Polish (SP +1 to one shield or armor upon use.)

heroica-levelupmushroom.jpgLevel-Up Mushroom (Raises level by one full level upon use.)

heroica-mythrilshard.jpgMythril Shard (One quarter of a full Mythril ore, used for mythrilizing weapons.)

heroica-adamantiteshard.jpgAdamantite Shard (One quarter of a full Adamantite ore, used for adamantizing weapons.)

heroica-letterofrecommendation.jpgLetter of Recommendation (Increases reputation with one of the seven main factions depending on the user's choice.)

heroica-anniversarymedal.jpgAnniversary Medal (Power +3, SP +3, Max. Health +3, Max. Ether +3. The values will increase by 1 with each passing year; accessory.)

Sarge stumbles as he stabs and slashes at the owls. Dropping two of them, he notices a note attached to one's feet. Quickly scanning it over whilst downing his remedy, he sends his own slip of paper in putting his name down for the raffle.

Lind, being always aware of the moment and most popular events(especially such a significant one for Heroes!), and had mailed a letter with just the right timing so that it would arrive exactly after the anniversary celebration was announced. His letter was received, opened, and his slip put down for the raffle.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Hoke writes his name down on a scrap of paper, folds it up into a shape of a dragon, whispers some arcane words and sends it flying off to Heroica Hall.

Hoke Ablesword signs up for the raffle.

(3rd comment in 3rd Anniversary Lottery! I should win something just because!)

Edited by UsernameMDM

Karie winces as her sister tightens the corset gripping her waist. As she does so, a letter lands on her snow white dress. Picking it, and looking it over, she signs her name on the raffle card and sends it off.

Karie Alderflask signs ups for the raffle.

Following the others in near pitch darkness, Purpearl lights a small fire and finds something interesting...

Purpearl Berthadhiell puts her name down for the raffle.

A letter arrives in the hall.

"To the Veterans of Heroica,

I rarely appreciate being woken up in the middle of the night, especially when I've just gone to sleep, however this is just too good to miss in my present situation. Therefore I Most willingly sign myself up for this raffle. By the way, how are you? The quest is going poorly, I've managed to get myself separated from my companions but I'll try to catch up with them as soon as I've had a good night's sleep. And If you reply to this note can you please inform me as to the procedure for signing up for this 'Z-Mail'? It would make my life much easier.

Yours,

Throlar Wineghilm.

Edited by Lord Duvors

Hybros wanders Eubric, preparing himself for his next quest and aiming for the Hall. Upon his return he signs up for the lottery.

Althior notices a letter addressed to him from the Veterans. He had no time for them at this point on his quest. He quickly signed his name and sent it back to them.

Em cocks his head, signing his name for the raffle. He hoped this year would be as rewarding as the last.

Erdathcath idly waits in the hall, hoping for her quest to start soon, suddenly a letter appears! Another lottery? And she could get yet another poison item? Erdathcath quickly signs her name on a piece of paper and sends it in!

A very faded projection of Siercon walks into the room through the wall. He has trouble grasping the pen and paper, but manages to fumble his name upon a small piece of parchment. Siercon signs up for the raffle. As his projection fades into nothingness, and the connection is slowly recoiled to his current quest, Siercon thinks to himself... "I suppose an owl might have been easier.."

Upon hearing the announcement as he began to head out the door, Skrall signed his name on a scrap of paper and submitted the entry, before heading off on his new quest.

Alexandre, currently sitting on a chair, sees a piece of paper crumpled under the table. He picks it up and writes "I do sign up for this lottery and by magic may the veterans receive this note. "

It seemed like only yesterday that the first of these queer events had popped up. Nevertheless, there was a chance to win goodies. Guts signs up.

Alexander watched the veterans make the announcement and after a moment sign-up his name for the lottery.

Eric copies Sarge's behaviour and also sends off a piece of paper, this time with his name on it, thus participating in the raffle.

Taking in the scenery in the Fields while waiting for Namyrra's Dead Men of Dunharrow to finish up, I see a piece of paper delivered by Z-mail. Right, this time of year again. I sign up for the raffle.

Arthur yawns. He'd prepared for any number of possible methods of danger and intrusion, but boredom hadn't been one of them. As he checks the wine collection for any sign of tampering for what felt like the third time, his mind wanders. Maybe I ought to read something...

Just then, a slip of pink paper poofs into existence. "Again?? Didn't I tell her--" Arthur stops. He had, last Grogmas. Is that who the package is from? he wonders. He signs his name to the lottery as usual, then rummages in his pack until he finds the forgotten package he had yet to unwrap...

Boomingham signs his name on a slip of paper and it poofs out of existence before poofing back into existence nearby.

Kiray carefully tread around the board, looking to see if there was something interesting, would it attack? Talk? Her diplomacy skills were becoming better. She accidentally tripped, falling to the ground with a loud thunk. She idly wondered if her flaming armor would cause the ground to catch fire. She stood up, dusted herself off and sat down at a table. She pulled out a piece of paper and signs up for the raffle.

You have "Z-Mail". Wondering what the hell is this. I read the note and then signs up of this lottery. Thinking hell they do not want my gold or anything so why not.

Before being sent through the portal at the south side of the Observatory, Thalion happens upon a wrinkled piece of paper that happens to be a Lottery Ticket. Signing his name in fine elvish runes: Thalion Dwinlas, closes his eyes for a second and sends the ticket to the Hall.

Meandering through the hallway, Arx recoils as a little pink envelope suddenly appears out of nowhere. Thormanil chuckles at the dragonling's surprise as he grabs the lottery notice, signing his name and returning it to the aether.