jamie75

SDCC 2014 Rockets Racoon's Warbird

I have been waiting for pics or instructions to surface online if this model, as well as, the Batmobile and The Ghost. Earlier today, I came across a time-lapse video build of Rockets Warbird and built it in LDD.

rockets_warbird_resized.png

Uploaded to Brickshelf, feel free use and build it, when modded. Should be right, this model is 141 pieces, when you include the 4 pieces to build Rocket, that gives you the 145 pieces stated on the box.

Let me know if you find The Ghost or The Batmobile.

Thanks, Jamie

Thanks for the upload, jamie75!

It would be great if there was a micro-Ghost, which is, in my opinion, the best of the three.

If I find one I'll be sure to tell you!

Still waiting on the folder being modded on Brickshelf, but I did upload it to ReBrickable to make ordering pieces for it easier. But, since it is my first public model on ReBrickable, it needs to be modded, too. My username on Brickshelf and ReBrickable is the same as here, Jamie75.

I'll post the other models as soon as I find them.

Jamie

Could you tell me where to find some instructions/pieces needed to build this set? I really want the ship, but I'm not going to pay over 100 dollars for something this small.

Your going to have to use this file, or find instructions online when they surface, or use a YouTube video. Lego normally doesn't release sdcc instructions in ther website.

As for pieces you need order them from Lego or Bricklink.

Hope this helps, Jamie

Edited by jamie75

Hi jamie75, wondering if you could link to your rebrickable MOC of the warbird? Can't seem to find it when I searched.

Thanks!

ssowy

i think so,It would be great if there was a micro-Ghost, which is, in my opinion, the best of the three.thanks48.gif

Edited by tasefulloka

The .lxf was modded in my Brickshelf folder for the Warbird. But, I did find The Ghost and The Batmobile on YouTube, thanks to BrickTsar, so I uploaded them to my SDCC folder, so it is being modded again. Should be soon. I did it yesterday.

And I screwed up and put the Warbird under MOCs on ReBrickable, so it wasn't approved. I had to delete the file and re-submit it to ReBrickable under sets. I did this yesterday as well. I also uploaded the other 2 SDCC sets there. This, again, should be soon.

I will update this when both, Brickshelf and ReBrickable are modded. As well as make new threads for The Ghost and The Batmobile when they are available to public.

Jamie

Edited by jamie75

ReBrickable page is here, should make ordering pieces pretty easy.

http://rebrickable.com/sets/comcon034-1/rocket-raccoon%E2%80%99s-warbird-guardians-of-the-galaxy-2014

Brickshelf folder is here with all 3 SDCC 2014 sets. LDD files can be downloaded to make building a breeze. Just add a Rocket from 76020 or customize one and your done.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=546377

Jamie

oh thank you so much for these files, one question though, on Ghost, are there any other printed pieces aside from the front Falcon cockpit? if so, where did you find your reference info for it. thanks again! *edit: never mind found the info needed, thanks again though!*

Edited by GallardoLU

Hello Jamie and thanks a lot for spending time to make the lxf file for us. I just thought about it and it took me 2 minutes to find it here.

It's been almost 3 months and still no instructions online? I'll never buy these exclusives sets and I'm happy to see people sharing

Bertrand

ReBrickable page is here, should make ordering pieces pretty easy.

http://rebrickable.c...the-galaxy-2014

Brickshelf folder is here with all 3 SDCC 2014 sets. LDD files can be downloaded to make building a breeze. Just add a Rocket from 76020 or customize one and your done.

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=546377

Jamie

Thanks for sharing this, I can't wait to build this! Now just have to find a way to get that TRU exclusive Rocket...

One question, as I'm new to LDD, how do you open this .lxf file to get instructions? How does that work?

Thanks again!

Edited by DarkKnight7

Thanks so much for sharing this, Jamie!

I recently got hold of a reproduction of this set and built it today. When the instruction printing gave me some trouble (black on black plates!) I used your lxf to figure out which parts went where.

However, while doing so, I noticed a couple of minor errors in your lxf (I cross-checked with the Bricklink and Rebrickable's parts lists to make sure my set was indeed the correct one), which I fixed and have uploaded here in case others would like to use it too.

I hope this doesn't tread on any toes, but I just wanted to make sure anyone else attempting to build this had the best and most accurate chance to do so. IMO, nobody should have to pay ridiculous eBay prices to get a fun little set like this (from an amazing movie, too)... and I *hate* "event exclusive" anythings due to how unfair they are to those who can't travel half the world just to grab a toy giveaway!

Hopefully the attached lxf version is correct now, but anyone should feel free to let me know if not, as I didn't pull Jamie's model completely apart to check every single part colour (that was where most of the small corrections were needed).

The corrected version is still 141 bricks even after swapping out some wrong parts, which (as Jamie said) should be correct after factoring in Rocket's microfig parts.

P.S. Though I've "fixed" it now, I'll admit that I actually preferred Jamie's use of trans blue studs for the engines instead of the "proper" trans red ones!

rockets_warbird_fixed_v2.lxf

Edited by Banjo