Kai NRG

SG: Shopping in Sultan's Gate

14609414300_3547d8a8e8.jpg

Sultan's Gate's "Fair Street" is renown throughout Historica for it's intriguing shops!

14609597527_2f86399e62.jpg

The house on the left is a music store. The owner's workshop is on top, and he sells instruments down below.

14609459239_02244bda47.jpg

Without customers:

14609417810_63afc0f329.jpg

The wooden house is an armory.

14792992961_519c6331d0.jpg

Apologies for the rather crusty overview picture, I didn't have much choice but to take it today and it was raining! :cry_sad:

I'd like UoP credits for Roofing #3, Roof Rakes (both Architecture), Interior Design (General Building), and Music (Culture) if possible please!

Thanks for looking! Comments are always welcome!

+1 UoP DoH for all claims. Nice moc, I like the way you did the streets and the inside of the music store

I like the roof of the Medium blue house Kai. And the inside of the Weapon Shack looks great. :thumbup:

Your photography still needs a little work, but your build skills have certainly come along impressively. Another good job from you!

I like the shops, in particular the use of blue. The street is also very well done

Thanks everyone!

Good job, Kai, I really like the cobblestone streets!

Thanks! I was pretty happy with how the technique turned out too!

Your photography still needs a little work, but your build skills have certainly come along impressively. Another good job from you!

Thanks Z! Unfortunately we've been travelling around a lot so I haven't been in one place long enough to experiment with my set up!

Nice, I like the instrument makers tools, and the bucket with the wood shavings is a great touch!

Thanks! That basket is so useful!

+1 for all claims :)

I really love how you did the street!! Also very nice buildings as well :)

I dig the tools. Not sure the minifig hands in the streets work, though. You're pretty good at cramming details into a small space. I'm jealous of that, especially because I'm currently working on a build that has a smallish house which I need to do an interior for.

I like the cobblestone and dark green grass :thumbup: Cool interiors too, I don't think I've seen any music shops in Historica before :classic:

Great build with some nice techniques, especially the road and various scenes of society. The interiors have the perfect amount of detail but I wonder if a little more could have been done to the blue house to spice up the outside. Some timbering, a few extra windows and a little more variation on the stone foundation would have made this a superb build. The gables appear a bit too large as well but it's hard to tell exactly with the first photo. I would love to see a birds-eye view of the MOC!

Lots of nice touches... I lke the ground and the decor with the black hands!

Nice build Kai! I like the attention you have paid to the roofs, they look great. The walls seem a little plain however. Some more windows would do wonders to brighten up both the exteriors and the interiors. Also, some different material or technique for the foundation level, perhaps with a step up to the doorway, would add something to your buildings too. I do like your luthier's workroom, that's a very nice interior, although the downstairs shop seems a bit bare (and who is selling the instruments?)

UoP+1 for all credits. I was on the fence about the interiors one, but i do like that workshop! :classic:

Very nice build. Full of details just like the way I like it!

I specially like the floor and the roofs. Congrats!

Very nice interior, especially the upper-story workshop!

The exteriors are a little bit too much wood for my understanding of SG, but looks great :classic: I like the roof and the row of hands on the small house.

Are those violins custom parts btw?

UoP +1 for the claims.

Thanks everyone!

I dig the tools. Not sure the minifig hands in the streets work, though. You're pretty good at cramming details into a small space. I'm jealous of that, especially because I'm currently working on a build that has a smallish house which I need to do an interior for.

You should have seen all the crates and barrels of stuff I was trying to fit into the armor shop... it would have filled the entire MOC floor space, I think!

Thanks!

Nice build Kai! I like the attention you have paid to the roofs, they look great. The walls seem a little plain however. Some more windows would do wonders to brighten up both the exteriors and the interiors. Also, some different material or technique for the foundation level, perhaps with a step up to the doorway, would add something to your buildings too. I do like your luthier's workroom, that's a very nice interior, although the downstairs shop seems a bit bare (and who is selling the instruments?)

UoP+1 for all credits. I was on the fence about the interiors one, but i do like that workshop! :classic:

Thanks Gabe. The idea was that both houses were supposed to give the impression of being part of a larger building... somehow that always fades away when it comes to putting the roof on as I always find a half roof looks bizarre! Yes, the blue house walls especially could use something. I just couldn't really see my way to adding more windows given the way I did the forward roof slant... just remind me to do a nice square or at least symmetrical house next time! As for the brown house, it would have been really difficult to include a window there, but that would be a nice challenge next time I try one of those!

Very nice interior, especially the upper-story workshop!

The exteriors are a little bit too much wood for my understanding of SG, but looks great :classic: I like the roof and the row of hands on the small house.

Are those violins custom parts btw?

UoP +1 for the claims.

Thanks Gideon! I keep forgetting about the wood problem! I'll have to keep that in mind if I do another SG build!

Yes, the violins are from BrickForge.