14839052631_5f49d023ce_c.jpgsails 1 by slobey79, on Flickr

14655517468_79e5a25746_c.jpgsails 2 by slobey79, on Flickr

14606893467_e53daebc47_c.jpgThe Harpy by slobey79, on Flickr

14793403995_e7a15e7562_c.jpgIMG_0142 by slobey79, on Flickr

14813243363_80cbc6ea64_c.jpgIMG_0143 by slobey79, on Flickr

14793405515_8ec9566804_c.jpgIMG_0141 by slobey79, on Flickr

14793046492_8187913952_c.jpgIMG_0148 by slobey79, on Flickr

14793048012_c126fc06af_c.jpgIMG_0147 by slobey79, on Flickr

This build started with me pulling apart the LotR Pirate Ship ambush and playing around with a few SNOT techniques. I have some sails on the slow boat from America so I’ll update pics when they come, hopefully with some better lighting.

Edited by Slobey

Great ship Slobey. I really like the smoothness of it all, it just looks elegant. :thumbup:

Very nice job with this. The curved sections are excellent, and the variance in levels and textures is very well executed :thumbup: . Great base as well (though I think making it a bit larger would better accommodate the ship's size).

Good job with this MOC, the curves are really well done and the entire boat looks great! :thumbup:

First GoH build to use that awesome harpy armor and wings! I have some of that myself.

Also, just a great ship all around. Will look amazing with sails.

Whoa! Fantastic ship!

The figurehead definitely puts it over the top in terms of awesomeness. Looks like I'll have to make another order from BrickWarriors to get me some o' them wings.

Seconding Mccoyed, have you thought about making sails? I think that would be the final necessary touch on this great addition to the Avalonian armada.

Yeah, this ship makes me want to take another crack at it. Would love to get your take on my ship, The Hold Fast.

A shame you didn't get this in in time for the GNAR challenge! I think it could have helped tip the scales in Avalonia's favour! Great build

Oh wow, that is a really great ship. Interesting idea to do the curve like that! Great job on her!

Really beautifull ship!! I really like how you made the hull :cry_happy:

I am only not such a big fan of the upper cabin. I think the result would have looked better (and more medieval) when the front deck had the same hight as the rear deck (so without the upper cabin) :classic:

Awesome ship, Slobey, the curves on the bow and stern are excellent, and the SNOT work on the side works very well :sweet:

Great first build for GoH :wink:

Really cool ship! I like the shape a lot and the color scheme works perfectly for Avalonia :thumbup:

Welcome to GoH :classic:

Lots of inderesting techniques used there, I like the way you made the bow :) Great job man..

edit: also the statue at the bow rocks... Those wings are 3rd party or Lego??

Edited by Gunman

Very nice ship! I can see all the effort you put into this build, it was totally worth it :thumbup:. That is definitely one first great MOC. Brick on!

Lovely ship Slobey, some nice shaping at the bow and the figurehead looks awesome! :thumbup: I like the height on the rear decks too, although i do find the overall shape of the stern a little bit boxy. The sails were a great addition, worth waiting for. Good to see some more nice ships coming out of Avalonia!

Great job Slobey, a wonderful ship you've put together here! (and congrats on your first MOC for GoH!) There's a lot to appreciate here, including that stylish border and the nice color composition of the vessel itself. The ship is simply but elegantly designed. Nice technique for the tumblehome as well! I wonder however if using some vertical hinge plates to connect the 1x4 tiles on the bow would have helped eliminate those gaps... Also, the bowsprit appears a little awkward - I think lowering it a few degrees would work well. Otherwise, excellent build. Look forward to seeing more from you on the forums!

A shame you didn't get this in in time for the GNAR challenge! I think it could have helped tip the scales in Avalonia's favour! Great build

Nice thought, but sounds like wishful thinking to me! I think we Nocturnians will have to start placing glass floors on our ships, that way we can view the Avalonian navy at the bottom of the sea!