Cara

Friends in Space: Moon Base Observatory

This is my build for "Friends in Space" contest on Rebrick. If you like it, please support it and 'Like' it here: http://rebrick.lego....ervatory/8vd1p5

The Friends' Moon Base Observatory

14593888089_8e4780611f_z.jpg

The building hinges open and we see Mia is charting the night sky on observatory's telescope. Emma is just arriving through the airlock. She has two friends she made on a previous expedition excited to have her home. And Stephanie is busy examining rocks brought back by Emma. Her robotic dog keeps her company and reminds her that she needs to eat and drink as well as investigate.

14593876988_93e0070c0d_c.jpg

The ladder hinges up for easy access of the lab below and fits into its own space vertically for when the building is closed.

The telescope dome opens and the telescope gantry rotates 360 degrees.

14593861378_d94e524bdf.jpg

Stephanie investigating in the lab with her robotic dog. Every hard-working gal needs a coffee machine.

14780149692_18ffc0936d_c.jpg

Emma is arriving home through the air lock. These two cute and cuddly creatures Emma found on a previous exploration. They have been waiting for her. Window seats contain the girl's lockers.

14780485355_318a6e61d4_c.jpg

Thank you! - Cara.

By Crom this is awesome!

I've been thinking about larger Friends sets. Do they always include a toilet? If so this so needs a space toilet.

AWESOME Friendly creation 'Cara'.......and those little blue creatures are cute as ! :grin:

Brick On with your Friend's 'Cara' ! :grin:

LOVE it. Love the little space aliens. Where did you get those spherical eye balls?

LOVE it. Love the little space aliens. Where did you get those spherical eye balls?

I believe the eyes are from Mixels sets.

Great MOC by the way, the attention to detail is fantastic, like the coffee machine for example.

This is superb! I love the attention to detail throughout the piece. Good luck in the competition!

They are from my son's Mixels - poor little guys currently sitting blind on his bookshelf.

Great MOC. What is the hinged dome from?

The dome comes from Buzz Lightyear, its his visor. I had to contact LEGO Customer Support because one of the rules of the challenge is no licensed pieces, to check that it was generic.

This is awesome - functional and stylish! My favourite details are the coffee machine, the furry critters and how the telescope can fully rotate. Good luck in the contest!

That constellation is on the wall :classic:

Wow really great Cara! :thumbup::classic:

Love all the friendish details and the cute creatures.

"Liked"

Though posted in the wrong forum :sweet:

I showed this to my daughter n she freaked! We both love it, actually. This is an incredible build. It has tons of details and neat functions..Thanks for posting!

I like this MOC a lot. The main thing that catches my attention is that you capture the essence of a moon base without incorporating all the "space" standards that have been lingering around for more than a decade. Nice original work!

Well done... this is a challenging concept to pull off and your design feels very true to both Friends and Space. Good luck in the competition!

Wow! A very creative approach to the space theme! The Friends gals look quite comfortable inside and definitely liven up the place.

The aliens from the Mixel and Car Wash family are a total hoot! Hahaha!

The details are just sumptuous! So much to see and do here...flat out wonderful. (I definitely would buy this set.)

Congratulations on an extremely fine build!