rm8

[MINI] Yota Rig / Toyota Land Cruiser J40

Hello,

Did not planned to take part in Mini, but idea was born in 1 evening after playing with 42001 set , which was built for my 4 years old son.

2014_%2525207_29_13_32.png

As for 42001 - great idea of interchangeable bodies on simple frame. I am wondering why LEGO did not ask communities to do a contest like with 9398's chassis. But both A and B bodies of this set are ugly. I understand part limit for this cheap set for beginners, but they are ugly - thats fact)

2014_%2525207_29_13_33.png

So, after some trying with 42001's chassis I have to make it longer, but main idea of rubber band suspension was saved.

First version was built in ldd

2014_%2525207_29_13_32.jpg

2014_%2525207_29_13_32.jpg

Functions:

- suspension

- openable doors and bonnet

- detachable hard top

And here is first real prototypes. This WIP, not final version.

2014_%2525207_29_13_23.jpg

2014_%2525207_29_13_24.jpg

2014_%2525207_29_13_31.jpg

May be this MOC is a bad idea, that was born in the head of toyota fan:)))

Anyways, glad to listen your critics and advices.

Edited by rm8

Why do you say bad? This is very good and looks better than official.

I like it. It'd be good to see a photo with the hard top removed :classic:

Edit: Actually makes me want to get the 42001 set.

Edited by Boulderer

The looks are spot on! Good job! :thumbup:

I actually bought this little set because I was two wheels short on my [mini] entry, and found the model so sweet I kept it built (with the front wheels swapped for some smaller ones) :classic:

instantly recognizeable as a toyota ! and maybe the only model in the mini competition I want to go and build right away!

Nice little model. The version with the roof makes me think "south pole expedition" :) I like the open version better, but the fact that we can choose is a plus. So definitely keep the detachable roof :)

Thank you for comments.

Yes, it is FJ40. Since it's hard top is too fragile, roll cage is installed in the car even it is with roof. In this model roll cage is also a structure that holds the roof. It is hard to fit to 200 parts. Version on LDD screenshots is about 200+/- parts.

Builded model does not include seats. Today I have to drive 120 km to home where son's lego system was left. Cant wait to fit minifig there.

IMG_5974.jpg

Nice little model. The version with the roof makes me think "south pole expedition" :) I like the open version better, but the fact that we can choose is a plus. So definitely keep the detachable roof :)

Its roof is white from the factory. White prevent heating of saloon.

Edited by rm8

This is definitely one of my favourites. The looks are spot-on Toyota FJ. I would love to build this when I get home, if you share the ldd.

I like it. It'd be good to see a photo with the hard top removed :classic:

Edit: Actually makes me want to get the 42001 set.

After seeing this entry yesterday, I just bought this set :laugh:

Not sure if I have all the parts to put this body on it, but I am going to try.

Thanks rm8, lovely little model.

Sweet! I like it. I am writing a review of the Mini OffRoader as we speak, and the suspension is indeed very nice. Cool to see you have adapted the idea of using the same chassis (more or less) and build another bodywork. Where did you come up with that idea?! :tongue::wink:

Sweet! Well done design. It looks great and very recognizable as a Toyota Land Cruiser. I really like the option of removing the soft top.

Inspiration come in strange ways :grin:

Thank you very much. Soon you see more Yotas from me :wink:

And this is the final look. The roof is white. I need those black Sariel's background and you clearly see the roof is not my only fantasy :laugh:

e5ev08Wv0Bg.jpg

Edited by rm8

RM8, this is perfect. You just made me, and my father very happy. We're both major Toyota freaks, as well as AFOLs...so this is just amazing.

Do you have instructions available? Or will you?

Again, thanks for such nice comments :blush: - It was suprise for me, because usually cars are not enought complex to show all the beauty of LEGO, even in such small size. And I cant built such complex construction machnines as other contestants done.

RM8, this is perfect. You just made me, and my father very happy. We're both major Toyota freaks, as well as AFOLs...so this is just amazing.

Do you have instructions available? Or will you?

Very nice! Good to see another Toyota fan. :grin::thumbup:

Min-figs will finish it off nicely. :laugh:

I miss my Toyota BJ 40 :)

Great built!

I see Toyota-lovers here :sweet: . That is great, because I am working on new Yotas in larger scale. And some of them almost ready :wink:

LDD Instruction of current Mini MOC will be shared at rebrickable.com

Here's my version of your cool little jeep (sorry word I am used to, to describe this type of vehicles) Land Cruiser. Besides it being in a completely different colour, I also had to use some different parts in some places, because I simply don't have the parts you used at the moment. Adjustment of the rollbar was on purpose though, I just like that type of rollbar more :classic:

9edba3f87f32b2b55d93ae654e8e0fea.jpg

I still need to make a roof.

Edited by Appie