Darthluke824

2015 LEGO Trains?

Meh… I don't think that tram has anything to do with the train theme. It doesn't look like it would even fit on the tracks. It's ok for a City set, though.

Well, they both run on rails and can obtain their power from similar sources right ? :wink:

Only two weeks to go and we should see the heavy haul train pictures......in theory. :blush:

I wonder if it even has train wheels. Since the "rails" are just painted on the display, I would suspect that it just has some regular wheels so that little hands can easily push it around the floor.

Is it always this late to hear about new train sets announced?

Since there is a much smaller fan base it can be a bit hit or miss, add that to the fact that we can only reliably expect a release every four years and it compounds the problem.

We are likely to get more trains, but since they crop up as creator expert sets, or in unrelated licensed themes it's hard to predict, so hard to find news of.

I wonder if it even has train wheels. Since the "rails" are just painted on the display, I would suspect that it just has some regular wheels so that little hands can easily push it around the floor.

I would say since the 2010 tram had train type wheels so it can run on stand Lego train track that the 2015 would do the same.

Edited by lightningtiger

That's what I think it is. It looks too narrow to me to have train wheels.

That's what I think it is. It looks too narrow to me to have train wheels.

Well, not the regular size train wheels. But 8404 has the small train wheels: 50254

But not that it will run very well because it has quite some friction.

Edited by Man with a hat

Yup, but my kids still love to push it along tracks, rather than streets :wink:

Well, not the regular size train wheels. But 8404 has the small train wheels: 50254

I used the small train wheels on my MOC of the Stadler GTW 2/6. They seem to run well enough at full speed on tracks without derailing. Plus they help to keep the floor low in trams and LRVs.

As I said in a previous post, I have "bricklinked" 2 trams (lego-8404 type) in red and yellow colours. I have motorized them and they work very well on the train tracks. The only little problem is that the small train wheels are very noisy =P Maybe I could lubricate them... I'll have to look into that....

:sarcasm_smug:

but seriously though, has anything come out?

Seriously? You really didn't get it, did you?

@DavidMull: are you a member of brick.ie ?

It's time for a Santa Fe reboot. I think I'm going to whip up a little something for Ideas.

It's time for a Santa Fe reboot. I think I'm going to whip up a little something for Ideas.

We need another BNSF or Union Pacific (Both American railway companies)

We know all other themes what's coming and we have pics. But not train yet don't get it.

They leave trains usually for New York Toy Fair and/or Lego World (if it's an exclusive set).

They leave trains usually for New York Toy Fair and/or Lego World (if it's an exclusive set).

So 60098 is a creator set or city?

So 60098 is a creator set or city?

Seems to be a City set given it's numbering and inclusion with other City sets in early product lists.

We know all other themes what's coming and we have pics. But not train yet don't get it.

It is not unusual for companies to spread the news out over time, that way you end up with more time in the press. Instead of one big announcement, make three or four smaller ones, and the net is a lot more blog posts and chatter about you and your products.

The set number for this train is very strange. It suggests it will be a standard city train with track and motor rather than a AFOL focused engine. How likely is it that this is the case?

Why not the Freedom Train

or it's sister, Southern Pacific 4449?

3705308847_04c7580432.jpg

Those are the exact same engine. The Daylight is really the Freedom Train in disguise, like a superhero.

Edited by LoneBrickerSG