Darthluke824

2015 LEGO Trains?

Given how common engines with that color scheme and shape - full-size body and two cabs - are and have been for decades especially here in Germany, I'm not surprised to see this one here. :) I'm just wondering if there's actually a real-world engine with this shape that also has these side railings (and I like that it holds a minifigure). I don't think I've ever seen one like that.

Anyway, looks kinda nice and what one could have expected from a City set. Doesn't mean AFOLs like me without kids need it...

Nikkemann is pointing at the metro-liner colors passing on the raised track to the right....

Oops, I didn't even notice that train in the pictures. I guess it would help if a pic was posted with the question. :classic:

Given how common engines with that color scheme and shape - full-size body and two cabs - are and have been for decades especially here in Germany, I'm not surprised to see this one here. :) I'm just wondering if there's actually a real-world engine with this shape that also has these side railings (and I like that it holds a minifigure). I don't think I've ever seen one like that.

Anyway, looks kinda nice and what one could have expected from a City set. Doesn't mean AFOLs like me without kids need it...

The Queenslands 2800 class locomotive has dual cabs, narrow body and railings.

250px-QRNational-2800-class-diesel.jpg

Edited by dr_spock

Wow, at last!! :) I can see that most people are disappointed here - I'm rather happy to see this train! I liked the yellow one too, but I could not get it in time - now I can see that it's back in an enhanced form! I like the railings of the engine too, they add a lot to it. And this is the first PF cargo train, for which I like each of the wagons - with sets so far, there was always a wagon that was awkward in some way I think. The crane is a bonus: it has some details which add a nostalgic value, this one reminds me of 7838, a very nice set back then! I will go for this set, if my wallet will have the same opinion ;)

Hmm, yours 'LegoSjaak' looks very similar indeed........so much for being original Lego.....at least a helicopter and front end loader with rear digger is a new idea.

I wonder what loading machinery, etc., comes with the set.

Though I will say it's not as good as 3677 in my opinion.

I would argue that these are not new ideas. Yes, first helicopter on a train, but come on, this is all old hat:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=4543-1

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=4565-1

While I was not overtly excited for *another* CITY train, I was hoping that the Heavy Haul Train would actually be hauling some heavy stuff.......

Here's to the hope that the next Creator train, will in fact, knock our collective socks off.

If this set was just the engine + 3 coal hoppers and a crane people would be more excited than they are now.

I don't like it, sorry LEGO...

I would argue that these are not new ideas. Yes, first helicopter on a train, but come on, this is all old hat:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=4543-1

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=4565-1

I fear you may be missing the point a little. The target demographic of this set are unlikely to be able easily to source vintage lego sets that have been out of production for decades.

A helicopter on a Train? Really?

I guess the sky's above LEGOLAND are so crowded with all the other Helicopters, it's safer to transport them by Train now instead. This is a real shame, and I agree with everyone else, it baffles me why they can't do a cargo Train that's not in the Primary colour scheme of Red/Yellow/Blue.

On a positive, I like the backhoe.

I wonder if it will come with some trackside additions, or whether they will keep the price point sub £99

A helicopter on a Train? Really?

I guess the sky's above LEGOLAND are so crowded with all the other Helicopters, it's safer to transport them by Train now instead. This is a real shame, and I agree with everyone else, it baffles me why they can't do a cargo Train that's not in the Primary colour scheme of Red/Yellow/Blue.

On a positive, I like the backhoe.

I wonder if it will come with some trackside additions, or whether they will keep the price point sub £99

They could have borrowed the idea from Lionel Toy Trains.

6-27935_Lionel_Aerial_Missile_Transport_Helicopter_Car.jpg

Or the Russians.

vert2.jpg

http://tetro.spb.ru/...xample_air.html

I think it would more heavy haul if they transported a large airplane fuselage.

220px-Boeing_737_fuselage_train_hull_3473.jpg

I guess some creative children can make a giant transformer load or something for the it. :classic:

Edited by dr_spock

Looks nice but is it just me or is the carriages a bit boring? The hopper wagon is nice but then just 2 flat beds?

Guys is there no creater train this year?

I'm also not a red fan think I might try pick up 7939 soon.

Edited by davidmull

I hope that little yellow Rail Digger comes with the set, but without PF.

It's a city set it will have power functions.

I fear you may be missing the point a little. The target demographic of this set are unlikely to be able easily to source vintage lego sets that have been out of production for decades.

Nope, my point was it's not creative nor new from Lego's standpoint. Sure nobody recalls 9V sets from the mid-90's, but it's disappointing all of Lego's "New" City sets are just stamps of the previously discontinued City set (either passenger or cargo). As lightningtiger said, Lego is not being original, and as I said, these are not new ideas. Sure 12 year old's and amnesic AFOL's may think they are new, but Lego is just rubber-stamping set after set (police, fire, city, trains). Which is why most of the AFOL's on this forum think this "New" train is disappointing.

Make a consist of 3 coal hoppers and all of us would rejoice!

The yellow rail mounted digger with the power function trailer was on this display last year and photographed at the same position. The loader crane however wasn't there last year, so maybe could come with the set, but I would have thought it might have had a set number sticker on it's crane boom, so could be a MOC!

Edited by scottwb2010

Yep....Have to say unimpressed...I just don't feel it lives up to the name "Heavy Haul". This WILL be the first set I will pass on since becoming an AFOL in 2007. I'll probably just buy another 60052 set instead.

Nope, my point was it's not creative nor new from Lego's standpoint. Sure nobody recalls 9V sets from the mid-90's, but it's disappointing all of Lego's "New" City sets are just stamps of the previously discontinued City set (either passenger or cargo). As lightningtiger said, Lego is not being original, and as I said, these are not new ideas. Sure 12 year old's and amnesic AFOL's may think they are new, but Lego is just rubber-stamping set after set (police, fire, city, trains). Which is why most of the AFOL's on this forum think this "New" train is disappointing.

Make a consist of 3 coal hoppers and all of us would rejoice!

The fact is, however, that Lego have not designed this set with you in mind; nor me, nor any AFOL. Kids like cranes and diggers and, for those to whom this is presumably intended to appeal, this is the first time a set just like this has been available in their lifetime, or at least in their Lego-consuming lifecycle. I'm not trying to pretend that the set is hugely innovative, just that I can really see why they would want to put out this kind of set.

Edited by Srbandrews

That yellow PF'ed rail digger I think it was there last year at Lego World.

So again by the looks of it Lego is just going to rehash the same thing every four or five years ? :look:

Guys is there no creater train this year?

Has anyone an idea are we going to get a creator train this year?

Impatient much? Read the previous 19 pages. Looks like the answer is no.

I'm really disappointed with that heavy haul train. The engine look way too much like the yellow one from a few years ago, only with pointless railings. The hopper car looks ok but that's about it...