Darthluke824

2015 LEGO Trains?

You could sticker over the panels for the less glass look. I think many modern trams now have really large windows. Some have floor to roof glass doors for entry/exit.

Edited by dr_spock

I like the tram a lot, but it's definitely not as serious as a new creator train. It looks way too simple, and wouldn't satisfy me from the point of view of actually building it, but I think it would look good in a LEGO city layout. What I'd really like to see now are 9V polarity switches to let something like this run automatically up and down the LEGO street on it's own.

I like the tram a lot, but it's definitely not as serious as a new creator train. It looks way too simple, and wouldn't satisfy me from the point of view of actually building it, but I think it would look good in a LEGO city layout. What I'd really like to see now are 9V polarity switches to let something like this run automatically up and down the LEGO street on it's own.

The monorail had that system, was really nice.

Thanks for the new picture... it's nicer when you can see the separate cars more easily. This is certainly not a train replacement, by any means, but it should be a pretty nice and inexpensive (relatively speaking) set.

On that twitter feed there was also this

B8YzT9cIgAEqQ1Z.jpg

I spy with my little eye and I see the new space shuttle in the background!

I wasn't expecting that tram to be spectacular (the color was a turnoff anyway), but I was at least hoping it would look as good as the old blue one. The blue one looked much better executed, although still underwhelming. A proper tram would have to be a stand-alone set, preferably not in the city theme.

This is certainly not a train replacement, by any means, but it should be a pretty nice and inexpensive (relatively speaking) set.

Yeah, but it does make a nice addition to a layout. I really like these more civilian sets even if I'm not really thrilled with this tram. I hope it's widely available here, I had to buy the public transport set from parts because it was a TRU exclusive here and was never in stock.

The monorail had that system, was really nice.

Funny you should mention monorail. The new orange tram has the old LEGO airport monorail style of two long passenger cars on the ends and a short middle section.

I like the design of the tram. I'm only ... disappointed this is going to be difficult to 'motorize' :-(

Funny you should mention monorail. The new orange tram has the old LEGO airport monorail style of two long passenger cars on the ends and a short middle section.

So does the tram from 8404, and some real-life light rail systems too.

There were no technic models at London toy show.

:sceptic: Huw clearly stated Arocs as greatest set of lego stand at London toy show...

Thanks for the new picture... it's nicer when you can see the separate cars more easily. This is certainly not a train replacement, by any means, but it should be a pretty nice and inexpensive (relatively speaking) set.

Inexpensive hardly... Rumor is €180 for the set. Don't know what that will be in USD, but it does not seem at first glance to be much value for the money.

I agree with others about the tram being a bit to "simple", however with the overall design (long carriage, very short carriage, long carriage) would make it a great candidate for a monorail conversion.

We again can not judge it on two photos......the windows open up from the bottom to put minifigs in their seats, so is that simple ?

Plus the question on PF'ing it again we need to see more photos, etc.,......I have seen the previous tram PF'ed a few years back.

OMG 170€!! I'm only interested in the Tram! I think i'll bricklink that one when parts become more available.

I have built 2 trams (from model 8404) in red and yellow and motorized them. They look awesome :D

Meh… I don't think that tram has anything to do with the train theme. It doesn't look like it would even fit on the tracks. It's ok for a City set, though.