Darthluke824

2015 LEGO Trains?

The boxcar in question is actually the one that was in the very last 9v Freight Train set ever to be produced, set 4512 from the World City theme.

Oop's.......er, 4512 cars had a two stud wide section at the top.........the ones featured in the video is 4 stud wide plus the colours and features on said boxcars aren't the same.....I guess the artists involved in that video production might have taken inspiration from that train or might they actually be boxcars from the heavy haul train ?

Will the 2015 train info be out in a few days at the Nuremberg toy fair?

Well, since it wasn't at London I doubt it......more likely Lego World just like 3677 made it's first appearance in 2011 (and back then many didn't believe it was real because it wasn't at London Toy Fair that year.).

Well, since it wasn't at London I doubt it......more likely Lego World just like 3677 made it's first appearance in 2011 (and back then many didn't believe it was real because it wasn't at London Toy Fair that year.).

Technic models don't appear at London ether but they do at the nurenberg fair every year.

Technic models don't appear at London ether but they do at the nurenberg fair every year.

Although you say that, in Huh's report on Brickset, he mentioned the 3 Summer Technic sets in his review as being part of the London Toy Show?

I can't comment, as I've never been, but he kind of indicated they were there?

Edited by paul_delahaye

Although you say that, in Huh's report on Brickset, he mentioned the 3 Summer Technic sets in his review as being part of the London Toy Show?

I can't comment, as I've never been, but he kind of indicated they were there?

There were no technic models at London toy show.

Oop's.......er, 4512 cars had a two stud wide section at the top.........the ones featured in the video is 4 stud wide plus the colours and features on said boxcars aren't the same.....I guess the artists involved in that video production might have taken inspiration from that train or might they actually be boxcars from the heavy haul train ?

True the boxcar from 4512 did use the Slope 33 6 x 6 Double (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4509) instead of the Slope 45 6 x 4 Double (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=32083) plus as you said there are some variations of the colour scheme as well, overall though I feel it was heavily inspired by one in 4512. Mind you I don't really care about the rolling stock in sets as I much prefer to strip them down to make my own, here are a couple examples of mine that I call boxcars in fact the first one was made from the parts from the 4512 Boxcar.

4312724831_7e08052898_z_d.jpg

6943319283_c0b81a92c6_z_d.jpg

Edited by Steinkopf

Thanks for the link/pic. Hmm, looks nice... but not really a good way to add doors. Are you expected to fold the entire side up? Not very realistic... (but the young target audience may like it anyway :classic: )

Great find! And if you look in the background, you can see the artwork of the packaging. Love the pizza delivery :tongue:

The tram has definitely turned out better than I imagined. I was a little worried that the orange might be over-bearing, but I think the designers have balanced it well. And those trans side-panels look really modern and it's pedestrian friendly, just like in real life (Well, some cities that can afford them...)

I just hope that there are three cars to make the purchase worthwhile. But I won't hold my hopes up...

Thanks for the link/pic. Hmm, looks nice... but not really a good way to add doors. Are you expected to fold the entire side up? Not very realistic... (but the young target audience may like it anyway :classic: )

It would most likely be difficult to add realistic doors whilst making the model easy to build for kids. It's just as well the hinges are quite concealed :grin:

Someone please say it isn't so, that's not a train its a toy............................

I'm not sure my boy will even want to play with it.

Let there be a Creator train please.

I like the previous tram better.

Someone please say it isn't so, that's not a train its a toy............................

I'm not sure my boy will even want to play with it.

Let there be a Creator train please.

Of course it's a 'toy'; the tram is part of the upcoming City set #60097. The box artwork is visible in the background.

Of course it's a 'toy'; the tram is part of the upcoming City set #60097. The box artwork is visible in the background.

Trams are toys....................compared to the real stuff.

So is this confirmed that it is the "new" train set or do we yet still have hope?

This tram would only amaze me if it had PF installed so well that you wouldn't notice.

PF 'S' motor's debut, anyone?

That would be a life-changing reveal........!

Dear Nuremberg, please answer our collective prayers

So is this confirmed that it is the "new" train set or do we yet still have hope?

Is this the new passenger train? Or just an extra city set?

City set #60097.

Tiger like tram...... :wub: .......notice - new orange parts and cool modern design, leaves the older TRU one behind for sure.

I really like the round shape of the tram however I personally don't like that the tram is "only" glass from the bottom to the top. But I know that it would be quite impossible to have the shape and not only glass on a level children would buy and build it.

That's a terrible design. It's just a few windscreens that are otherwise useless (less expensive to make, though) and very few other bits and pieces. No, I don't like it.

I like the previous tram better.

This.