gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Hi guys! I was looking at my new Jedi intercepter today and was wondering about Obi Wan's red version. That, in turn, sparked a thought. There are so many ships in Star Wars, and many have alternate color schemes. So I was wondering if a topic existed solely to display these alternate colored ships. I have failed to find one, so I started my own! :laugh: If this in fact should go in another topic, do move it mods. :thumbup: Thanks, and enjoy!

Set 75038 - Obi Wan's color scheme

Screenshot+2014-07-30+01.20.27.png14843585831_2e4107ce9d_z.jpgObi Wan's Eta 2 by GuyDudeMan27, on Flickr

Set 75003 - Multiple Squadron Colors

Screenshot+2014-07-30+01.35.02.png

Set 75003 - Green Squadron Colors With Grey Fins

Screenshot+2014-07-30+01.41.07.png

Set 9495 - Red Color Scheme + Mods (gunner and landing gear)

Screenshot+2014-07-30+11.47.14.png

Edited by GuyDudeMan27

Nice work GuyDudeMan27!

Now i'm planning to use the 75003 A-Wing with green pieces for updated the A-Wing of my 7754 Home One Mon Calamari Star Cruiser.

I very much like the idea here, thanks for this GuyDudeMan27! I like how Lego changes up the color scheme of rereleased sets (A-Wing, Interceptor, Jedi Starfighter), it helps keep things from getting boring.

I've made a fleet of ETA 2 Starfighters, two of them custom, based on 74038

Great work, Regimus!

I hope that TLG will make more alt-color ETA-2s, so that we can have an Ultimate Space Battle (updated 7283!)

It would be great if this thread got more replies; I can't wait to see more color scheme designs!

Planning on doing a camo-ish 75021, does anyone have the LDD file?

I very much like the idea here, thanks for this GuyDudeMan27! I like how Lego changes up the color scheme of rereleased sets (A-Wing, Interceptor, Jedi Starfighter), it helps keep things from getting boring.

Definitely! As I had recently purchased the Hoth Base set with the Bacta Tank Lukeskywalker, I already had a Snowspeeder with the Orange Coloring. I didn't plan to pick up the new Snowspeeder, but when I was at the Lego Store a few weeks back I decided to pick it up due to the gray coloring. This way I now have an Orange and Gray highlighted Snowspeeder just like in the movies!

Great work, Regimus!

I hope that TLG will make more alt-color ETA-2s, so that we can have an Ultimate Space Battle (updated 7283!)

It would be great if this thread got more replies; I can't wait to see more color scheme designs!

Planning on doing a camo-ish 75021, does anyone have the LDD file?

Thanks! Any parts that came in yellow I ordered in either dark red or dark blue, and that was all apart from the astromechs.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/penguin3332/75021/republic_attack_gunship.lxf

There's your republic gunship LDD :wink:

I've made some alternative colour schemes of the ARC-170 in the past, based on the various variations which Hasbro sold throughout the years:

11072172946_8152c63004_z.jpg

Shadow & Razor Squadron ARC-170 by HJR-Holland, on Flickr

And then I've also made a few ETA-2 variants, although I've only uploaded one variant on Flickr to date:

13109540464_5f88105186_z.jpg

Darth Vader Sith Starfighter 02 by HJR-Holland, on Flickr

I also made versions of the Mickey Mouse & Aayla Secura ETA-2's, but I'm still trying to get minifigs for both of them :-)

All the stickers are my own design by the way, and available at ministickers.nl. You'll need to ask for them, as they're not sold in the shop directly (has to do with copyright stuff etc.)

Edited by HJR-Holland

Thanks! Any parts that came in yellow I ordered in either dark red or dark blue, and that was all apart from the astromechs.

http://www.brickshel...ack_gunship.lxf

There's your republic gunship LDD :wink:

Thanks Regimus!

Working on it right now! I've already got Olive Green and Dark Bley, any suggestions for the next color :wink: ?

Can't wait to build it in real bricks!

Definitely! As I had recently purchased the Hoth Base set with the Bacta Tank Lukeskywalker, I already had a Snowspeeder with the Orange Coloring. I didn't plan to pick up the new Snowspeeder, but when I was at the Lego Store a few weeks back I decided to pick it up due to the gray coloring. This way I now have an Orange and Gray highlighted Snowspeeder just like in the movies!

I think I'm going to reverse my current orange one to grey when I pick up the new orange version. Is it much of a change to mod the old Battle of Hoth one to match the new release?

Looks like an incredible rebel entry :grin:

My only advice would be to take a look at picture editing software like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, they could help in little things like removing dust's specks or wires :wink:

I decided, since we already have a razor squadron ARC 170 here, why not a gunship? So I took a shot at it, using the latest gunship. I came up with two versions, one with lighter blue, and one darker. They aren't perfect, and would benefit from some stickers, but it's the best I can do for now. Enjoy!

Light blue:

Screenshot+2014-08-03+00.17.58.png

Dark Blue:

Screenshot+2014-08-03+00.20.37.png

I decided, since we already have a razor squadron ARC 170 here, why not a gunship? So I took a shot at it, using the latest gunship. I came up with two versions, one with lighter blue, and one darker. They aren't perfect, and would benefit from some stickers, but it's the best I can do for now. Enjoy!

Definitely Dark Blue. It looks so much more "used" and, well, awesome!

But if you'd want to build it in real life, normal blue is fine.

By the way, how did you add the double doors? I'd love to MOD mine like that too!

By the way, how did you add the double doors? I'd love to MOD mine like that too!

I used a topic a few pages back, mainly about the turrets, but included this gem. I forget who posted it. I was going to put it in the first post, but I forgot.

I used a topic a few pages back, mainly about the turrets, but included this gem. I forget who posted it. I was going to put it in the first post, but I forgot.

I see you removed the ball turrets altogether. I'm trying to MOD it so that they can turn more than 90 degrees-thanks TheRacker!.

Looking for the doors right now! Thanks for the help!

I built this a few years back, just thought it would be cool looking. Took a lot of time and a lot of money, picture isn't great and really doesn't do it justice.

imagejpg1_zps9c693fe4.jpg

Edited by boomers

Very cool! The link worked fine for me. That must have cost a fortune! It also must attract dust like no ones business.

I built this a few years back, just thought it would be cool looking. Took a lot of time and a lot of money, picture isn't great and really doesn't do it justice. [snip]

Holy Megabloks! Does it have a name? It needs one.

I've decided to revive this topic with my "Stealth V-Wing". It's just the Imperial V-Wing, but all black. The green cockpit was just for fun :laugh: I want to also add LDD Files for most of these, and make renders so it looks prettier. I'll do it if i get time.

15958519349_393a39edce_z.jpgStealth V-wing by GuyDudeMan27, on Flickr

<snip>

A little redesign for my daughter (due 4/1) to match her nursery.

That's really cute! I assume the mobile is for the same reason?

Edited by MKJoshA
Picture Removed from Quote