Sign in to follow this  
henrysunset

Highlighting the best LEGO architecture models (by architecture style)

I wanted to share a project I've been working on for a few months to find the very best LEGO Architecture models by LEGO Artists around the world. I found many of the models in my collection by reviewing the great resources here in the "Special Themes" forum on Eurobricks. (I think I've skimmed through all 142 pages of posts!)

The result is several collections of the best LEGO Architecture, which I've sorted by Architectural style.

LINK: http://tomalphin.com/2014/07/best-lego-architecture.html

The following is just a teaser of the 100's of great LEGO models I've found. I'm sure some of these are models by members of this board, and I hope you are happy to see your work featured below! (I've tried to make sure each entry is meticulously labeled to give credit to the original artist and link directly to their galleries on Flickr, Mocpages and other sites. If you see a mistake, please let me know.

Did I miss your favorite LEGO Architecture model? Tell me about your favorite LEGO Architecture models by replying to this thread or my blog post and I'll add more great LEGO buildings to my Pinterest boards.

Sincerely,

---tom

Neoclassical-600x215.jpg

Modern-600x249.jpg

Deco-600x210.jpg

Gothic-600x213.jpg

deconstructivism-600x171.jpg

Brutalism-600x187.jpg

This is the most enjoyable thing that I've seen on the Internet recently! What a great collection of photos and information you've put together. Thanks!

There's a Starbucks/Barnes Nobel in Lego ideas that's great, too.

Plus ammo to settle a 22 year old argument :devil:

You must tell me how this helped you win an (long-standing) argument!

---tom

This is the most enjoyable thing that I've seen on the Internet recently! What a great collection of photos and information you've put together. Thanks!
TOO MUCH STUFF! Bookmarked, Just wow!

Thanks @Off the wall and @Modelmaker for your support and appreciation. It was a time consuming project and i'm glad to hear you enjoyed it!

There's a Starbucks/Barnes Nobel in Lego ideas that's great, too.

Great pointer to a great LEGO model. I added it to the Postmodern collection.

thanks Tom for posting, having been there, I really like the Tapei 101 you shared, hadn't seen that somehow...great job putting it all together and what fun to see all the creativity that people have to make these models.

Its great to see some of the places and buildings i've been too done LEGO style. Great image collection, thank you for compiling.

You must tell me how this helped you win an (long-standing) argument!

---tom

Kind of a long story but i'll try to keep it short.

I've been working as an architectural model maker for 22 years and the very first week i started with the company i was given the task to build the exterior walls of of a large castle model which was to go on display in the real castle (still there today). There was lots of machinations and castellations on those walls and being new and not understanding "the ways" i asked "why can't i just do them in Lego?". Right away everyone in the workshop burst out laughing except for the boss, he got slightly pissed off and yelled "YOU CAN'T MAKE ARCHITECTURAL MODELS WITH LEGO!!".. So every now and then over the last 22 years some always says "why can't we just use Lego?" and some always replies "YOU CANT MAKE.....blah blah"

Well yesterday i went into the computer room and loaded up your site and then opened some different pics in different windows. Then i called my boss in and said "Check out these models." he sat down and was all impressed and said "wow nice work, who made them?" so i said "LEGO FANS!....BOOM!" then i showed him the close ups of the same models.

Long standing argument done and dusted. I WIN!

:grin:

Edited by Modelmaker

Well yesterday i went into the computer room and loaded up your site and then opened some different pics in different windows. Then i called my boss in and said "Check out these models." he sat down and was all impressed and said "wow nice work, who made them?" so i said "LEGO FANS!....BOOM!" then i showed him the close ups of the same models.

That's Awesome, although I think your boss woudl also be suprised how EXPENSIVE it would be to build large scale models using the exquisitely detailed building techniques these builders are using.

Glad to help, and great story!

---tom

And i think you are underestimating how much he charges for one of our models :wacko:

Imagine you are and architect and you have a budget of 20 million to build your latest design.

you would have no problem spending a half of a percent on the model needed for the planning authorities.

Now if only i could convince the next architect that Lego is cheaper :grin:

Now if only i could convince the next architect that Lego is cheaper :grin:

I think the stronger argument would be that the LEGO model would a) make a better sales pitch and 2) would be a valuable display asset in the lobby of the completed building.

I think it would go over well for a condo complex in a high-tech geek city like Seattle. I'd certainly want to tour a possible condo complex if they had a cool LEGO model in their advertising!

---tom