Sign in to follow this  
legoman19892

A ___ of LEGO minfigures.

My first thought was clutch, but you have ruled that one out ( Im fairly sure there are others that apply to more than one animal)

I think that a clutch of minifigs works on two levels: It works on a verbal level. - "Minifigs clutch," and LEGO itself created the concept of "Clutch Power*", which is often associated with minifig hands, and it therefore works even more.

*No, not that guy. Speaking of which, when are they going to get around to releasing a sequel? :hmpf_bad:

I think that a clutch of minifigs works on two levels: It works on a verbal level. - "Minifigs clutch," and LEGO itself created the concept of "Clutch Power*", which is often associated with minifig hands, and it therefore works even more.

*No, not that guy. Speaking of which, when are they going to get around to releasing a sequel? :hmpf_bad:

Clutch describes the connective strength between any LEGO elements, not just minifig hands. So "clutch" works well as the collective noun for bricks generally but not specifically for minifigs.

An assembly of minifigs.

Works on two levels :-)

Clutch describes the connective strength between any LEGO elements, not just minifig hands. So "clutch" works well as the collective noun for bricks generally but not specifically for minifigs.

Technically, clutch can also mean "handbag/purse*," and I'm pretty sure not too many of us carry around a purse of bricks. Granted, one could argue that also might apply to minifigs, but the whole "clutch power" concept when used in connotation with minifigs, generally brings up a mental picture of the hands, not a bag, unlike bricks.

On another note, here's a list of all of the different terms, and how many supporters for each:

act: 1

assembly: 1

bunch: 1

bucket: 1

domination: 1

epidemic: 2

clutch: 9

click: 4

clique: 2

crowd: 1

collection: 3

floggle: 1

happiness: 2

handful: 1

huddle: 1

infestation: 2

kerfuffle: 1

miggle: 2

troupe: 2

plastic: 1

*North American, but not the most obscure meaning.

Exactly. I also like the idea of a person clutching multiple minifigs in their hands like treasure.

So if a collective of Lego minifigs were to be called a "clutch", what would a collective of MegaBollox figs be? A "slip"? A "loose-grip"? Or use the pedal metaphor and go with "brake/break"? :laugh:

By dictionary definition, the collective noun 'clutch' refers to bird eggs... I'd prefer one that isn't already associated with something else,

So, I'm going to throw my support this way:

IMO, that's why it works best. Because it already means a collection of something, rather than simply making up a definition.

It's not like it can't have more than one meaning, after all. :)

A collection of minifigures

TLG itself uses "Minifigure Collection" in relation to CMFs, so it's likely it would suggest "collection" as the collective noun.

Barring an official term from TLG, the Brickish Association should provide one. The BA is made up of (mostly) British AFOLs and is therefore better qualified than any other organisation to come up with the definitive term.

An assembly of minifigs.

Works on two levels :-)

AH! I like that one! "Assembly"

Clutch and collection are nice as well!

Tough to choose between Assembly and Clutch.

Both are very cool and relevant and by the way I retract my entry 'Act' as being completely useless ;-)

I also think collection is too generic and not fun enough to refer to our beloved ___ of minifigs. I mean, I also have a collection of films, mini cars I used to own, games and girls (obviously the latter because I have 2 daughters OK?).

On a side note, I think this is one of the most fun topics I have read in a long time congrats to the original poster for living-up the forum a bit!

Edited by TheLegGodt

Don't minifigs deserve their own unique plural word? Something that isn't used for anything else? :)

Pack of Wolves

Gaggle of Geese

Miggle of Minifigs

My last attempt to garner support for the name.

I don't mind miggle, lol.

"Collection", as some are suggesting, is way too generic. What's the point, if the word applies to every single other toy brand - not to mention art, cars, antiques, books, etc. - out there?