Next Monday is 1st June, the scheduled release date of these sets in Europe. There's an extremely high chance that they'll all be out at the LEGO Store by then :wink:

Also, all the high-res S@H images of the Ninjago sets are up on Brickset (possible exception of City of Stiix). The more I look at the Destiny's Bounty set, the more I want to get it over Stiix and the Morro Dragon. The ship looks like a great build, the dragon is satisfyingly menacing... what's not to love? :laugh:

And while I'm thinking about it, I noticed these listings for TRU Ninjago mini builds on Brickset. Anybody from Australia (where Brickset states these have taken place) been to these and got pictures of them or the instructions? I'm really interested in seeing the upcoming Morro Dragon mini build, but given I'm the other side of the world and it takes £1000 and 24 hours to travel to Australia, I don't think I can go to it :tongue:

WHAT!!!??? I live in Adelaide and I doubt it's here. It's more likely that TLG prioritises Melbourne and Sydney over Adelaide and other smaller cities. I'll see what I can find, anyway...

EDIT: Here are some pictures: Yep, seems that this event is in NSW. :cry_sad:image.jpg

Edited by Ninja of Fire

Nice find, thank you !

But not really interesting (I expected a better thing), dunno why when I see these micro build why Lego never made a Ninjago Advent calendar...

Edited by Arkanta974

Thanks! Also, the only one of those microbuilds that seems even remotely interesting to me is the micro Electro Mech.

EDIT: Ok, this is unrelated and I've probably asked it before, but since I can't find it, when is the D2C due to be released? We usually start to see pictures 2-3 weeks before the release date, right?

Edited by DraikNova

Thanks for the pictures Ninja of Fire! Sheesh, that is an awful micro scale interpretation of the Morro Dragon. It looks almost nothing like it's big counterpart, neither in colour or in shape, just a generic microbuild dragon. I don't think I will be tripping head over heels to get the parts for this one, that's for sure.

Thanks! Also, the only one of those microbuilds that seems even remotely interesting to me is the micro Electro Mech.

EDIT: Ok, this is unrelated and I've probably asked it before, but since I can't find it, when is the D2C due to be released? We usually start to see pictures 2-3 weeks before the release date, right?

August is the release date for the temple. We're still over a month away from it's reveal given the press release comes 2-3 weeks before the release of the set. So 2nd week of July we'll have pictures, Im fairly sure of it.

Edited by TheOneVeyronian

i thought it was avalible for VIP in July

August is when its VIP availability begins. September is its "official" release.

Sad day for all of those who think the VIP program costs money...

You know, what's the point of these airjitzu spinners other than flying? They can't clash in mid-air, and when they hit the ground they can't clash either. Not saying that I hate them or anything, but isn't clashing what this stuff is about? Unless they don't actually use it for fighting purposes. But still, I would've liked it better if they had done that.

Can someone tell me how many parts are glow in the dark or do they just look like they are?

You know, what's the point of these airjitzu spinners other than flying? They can't clash in mid-air, and when they hit the ground they can't clash either. Not saying that I hate them or anything, but isn't clashing what this stuff is about? Unless they don't actually use it for fighting purposes. But still, I would've liked it better if they had done that.

Well, they CAN clash in midair if you don't fire them at the same time (I think the commercial for them shows a person knocking one out of the sky with his own, though I'm sure that wouldn't be easy). But to answer your question, no, it doesn't seem like the Airjitzu sets have any emphasis on fighting. In the very least that's not a function that they're being advertised with. If there is any competitive element to them, it's more a matter of seeing who can fly theirs higher or keep theirs spinning longer.

Edited by Aanchir

Can someone tell me how many parts are glow in the dark or do they just look like they are?

Only the lanterns in the Attack of the Morro Dragon set glow.

All of the Spring Light Green parts, are exactly that: Spring Light Green Parts.

Glow in the dark pieces are an off colored white, and barely any of these sets have any to begin with.

Well, they CAN clash in midair if you don't fire them at the same time (I think the commercial for them shows a person knocking one out of the sky with his own, though I'm sure that wouldn't be easy). But to answer your question, no, it doesn't seem like the Airjitzu sets have any emphasis on fighting. In the very least that's not a function that they're being advertised with. If there is any competitive element to them, it's more a matter of seeing who can fly theirs higher or keep theirs spinning longer.

Which is why I doubt they'll be much more than a "hey, this is cool, let's watch it fly, okay, it flew, onto something new". There's no real competition it, no real reason to be invested. With Spinners, you could practice at battling better, with this...Nothing.

Granted, I'm not sure what they could have done without it being some sort of risk, but still...

Hmm - anyone have any good ideas how to mod these things?

Which is why I doubt they'll be much more than a "hey, this is cool, let's watch it fly, okay, it flew, onto something new". There's no real competition it, no real reason to be invested. With Spinners, you could practice at battling better, with this...Nothing.

You can practice at launching them better or learning new launching techniques. There's no reason a person can't be invested without a competitive element. A lot of the fun I had with the spinners was more experimental than competitive. "Let's see how long I can get this character to spin on their head", or "let's see whether I can get this to spin on an incline", for instance. Some of the experimental aspect of these is limited because you really can't customize them much (it'd be an obvious safety hazard if you could just attach whatever parts you wanted to them), but you can still change where you launch them, what direction you launch them, or even if you remove the propellor part entirely and spin them upside-down like an egg.

Speaking of upside-down, if you spin them upside-down, they are about as effective for battling as the classic spinners, with the exception that the figures themselves can't be knocked out due to them being sealed in the pods.

I got the Titan Mech Battle set for £40.

Instantly, this was a better buy than last year's Ninjacopter set.

If the sets are already out in most parts of the world, when do you think Australia will be getting them? I reckon in end of June-July?

just swing by TRU at lunch time and they are in the process of putting up the new sets here in Singapore!

shame i cant spot the prices or to linger around for the staffs to finish but should be able to get them later on tonight or tmrw.

Do the spring green katanas appear in anything else?

They appear in nearly all the other summer sets: 70730, 70732, 70733, 70734, 70735, 70736, 70738. In other words, the only set in which I haven't spotted them is in the 70731 Jay Walker One.

Just found out today that Toys r us Singapore are giving this polybag for free on purchase of SGD80 and above

Nice find! Just noticed this on Brickset as well, where it's called The Cowler Dragon. Shame it's only in Singapore at the moment (I don't tend to get anything shipped from that region, but if someone offers me one, I probably won't say no :grin: ), but none of it's constituent parts appear to be excessively rare so should be easy to buy the parts for one from Bricklink or Bricks and Pieces. Just hoping the figure isn't exclusive, but given it's the Cowler Dragon, it's reasonable to assume the figure is Cowler (and he appears in other sets so not hard to get him).

I know LEGO will probably publish the instructions and parts list on it's servers at the start of June, but if anybody's got this polybag and opened it, please share some shots of the instructions and consituent parts, they will be greatly appreciated by this dragon lover :classic:

Wow, that is one nice polybag. I'm definitely going to try to get that one. That head looks so incredibly dopey. Also, about glow in the dark parts, the ghost weapons in the Morro Dragon set include GitD cones.

Edited by DraikNova

Thanks for the pictures Ninja of Fire! Sheesh, that is an awful micro scale interpretation of the Morro Dragon. It looks almost nothing like it's big counterpart, neither in colour or in shape, just a generic microbuild dragon. I don't think I will be tripping head over heels to get the parts for this one, that's for sure.

August is the release date for the temple. We're still over a month away from it's reveal given the press release comes 2-3 weeks before the release of the set. So 2nd week of July we'll have pictures, Im fairly sure of it.

I think press release will be at San Diego comic con, like batman tumbler was last year.

I'm a huge fan of this new wave. The Ghost Army is amazing (love those new ectoplasm lower bodies) and the Skreemers are fun. The Morro Dragon looks great, and so does the City of Stiix. I also need the Wu Dragon and Chain Cycle. That new polybag is nice, but the number of small ghost dragons is a bit annoying to me, as is Morro's exclusivity. (Yes, he comes in an Airjitzu set, but no cape.) I think the new ghostly hood used on possessed Lloyd is cool, and the whole spooky, vaguely Japanese aesthetic of the ghost forces is really well done. These guys are probably my favorite Ninjago villains, ever!

Can I even express how jealous I am of Europe right now?

I bet the New Elementary will love these sets!

Edited by 8BrickMario