Also, for the record. I never said rehashes were a bad thing.

The Kai Fighter and the Storm Fighter, OverBorg Attack and the Anacondrai Crusher, and the Fire and Ice Dragons; each pair is loved equally.

I wouldn't really consider the OverBorg Attack and Anacondrai Crusher as being a "rehash" of each other, mostly because one is a single tracked vehicle, the other is wheeled, but I get where you drew the comparison where they both have blades operated by dragging the vehicle across the floor, but that's about the only thing they have in common. But even then they're different, they're an integral part of the Crusher, but look like an afterthought in OverBorg Attack in my opinion :classic:

But anyway, let's not argue about what is and isn't a "rehash", but as usual, I guess lack of news is to blame.

Anyway... the book figure doesn't really interest me that much so I won't be buying, but hey, it's a million times better than what we got with the last minifig-in-book purely because it's a unique variation. I guess LEGO finally saw sense...

Did the Hagemans bother to proof the book? On the Stone Army page it says that they were the ones that kidnapped Zane's father and forced him to build weapons and machinery, but it was the Skulkin that did that! I hope the rest of the book doesn't get facts mixed up like that.

1) They're both jet fighters

2) They both feature a very similar design

3) The outcome of the features are exactly the same at their basic concept: the wings extend.

It's a rehash of the same concept. If I recall correctly, your own brother avoided buying the Kai Fighter because of its heavy similarities to the Storm Fighter. Is it a rehash in a bad way? No, not at all. But they are undeniably similar, sharing the same core features.

Scott didn't get the Kai Fighter initially, it's true. But that was more due to the differences from the Storm Fighter rather than the similarities—while based on a similar fighter jet concept, it had a much less realistic, more starfighter-esque look and a much less realistic look (that did not in fact "extend" the wings so much as "reverse" them. And of course, our disinterest in the Kai Fighter still had less to do with those factors than with the amazingness of the X-1 Ninja Charger. In any case, we did end up getting the Kai Fighter as a gift, and found it to be quite different from the Storm Fighter when we actually got to building it and using the feature. As usual, having a set in-hand often gives a much clearer impression of its features and design than pictures or instructions alone can convey.

My point about the use of the term "rehash" is that even if it might have offered some insight into varying types of design, by this point it's so broad as to be meaningless. Almost every sort of subject has been depicted in Ninjago, and the categories of "rehash" people have proposed prove that—they're little more than categorizations of the subjects the sets depict (bike, trike, plane, mech, etcetera). And when you start comparing sets as fundamentally different as the X-1 Ninja Charger, Cole's Tread Assault, and Jay's new wheeled vehicle, "rehash" barely even applies—you might as well just call them categories, since it's a much more accurate term to the meaning you're trying to convey.

Edited by Lyichir

I'll have to agree with you on that one. I expected them to have something more...hmm...let's say remarkable. But I'm not saying that the new Wu is uninteresting, I actually find it quite good, especially with all the detail! :excited:

Nice outfit, and finally is not the same figure from the sets like Zane. Hopefully we will getting the remaining Elemental Masters in Airjitzu Temple or LEGO Dimensions.

Huh. He must appear in the ghost season... Sigh, there goes my hope for Elemental Masters. Sensei's suit is quite cool, though...

Ooh! That Sensei is the same one on that artwork that was found a couple months ago. So glad we're getting a minifigure of him! It looks fantastic.

So what exactly is the "Secret World of the Ninja" book about?

Ooh! That Sensei is the same one on that artwork that was found a couple months ago. So glad we're getting a minifigure of him! It looks fantastic.

It's just a bit different. the "Bling" Version had a a robe on it. The gold printing on the fig looks almost foil, the printing on the leg looks like it reflects the the table in the photo...

This Sensei Wu and the Elemental Robes Lloyd are both exclusives in Ninjago Character Encyclopedia Books and they never appeared in the sets before.

I doubt that Rebooted Nya (not Samurai X Nya) or Misako Garmadon (Lloyd's mother) are supposed to be exclusive in LEGO Ninjago: The Visual Dictionary, but apparently they just use an existing minifigure which is Zane from the Destructoid set.

It's pretty much another Visual Dictionary, but more focused on the TV Series (I think).

I wonder if there is still the Path of th Ninja book coming out! I remember Brick Fanatitcs reporting on itvat the beginning of the year...it also had an exclusive character

I think rumoured temple will appeal also by afols.There was sucesfull but not approved lego ideas japanese architecture set https://ideas.lego.com/projects/53 so I think this temple is consequence but under Ninjago brand.

I hope for more realistical appearance, than regular ninjago sets.

I wonder if there is still the Path of th Ninja book coming out! I remember Brick Fanatitcs reporting on itvat the beginning of the year...it also had an exclusive character

I don't think we will see this book, I think it's just a placeholder name for Secret World of the Ninja.

I remember for 2014 Legends of Chima should have a book named "The secret story" and we just have a character encyclopedia with Firox the same year.

My point about the use of the term "rehash" is that even if it might have offered some insight into varying types of design, by this point it's so broad as to be meaningless. Almost every sort of subject has been depicted in Ninjago, and the categories of "rehash" people have proposed prove that—they're little more than categorizations of the subjects the sets depict (bike, trike, plane, mech, etcetera). And when you start comparing sets as fundamentally different as the X-1 Ninja Charger, Cole's Tread Assault, and Jay's new wheeled vehicle, "rehash" barely even applies—you might as well just call them categories, since it's a much more accurate term to the meaning you're trying to convey.

I'm not discussing whether or not you can call the NinjaCopter and Boulder Blaster rehashes of one another, I'm discussing whether or not the Kai Fighter is a rehash of the Storm Fighter. And truth be told, it is: they're both jet fighters, they both have "bladed" wings and bodies, they both have a dual tail-wing construction at the rear, they use the exact same canopy piece in the exact same color (nitpicking to the max there), they both have their wings fold backward, and they both feature a similar setup, Jetfighter + golden "trinket" + lone enemy, with the only difference being the lack of a shrine in the Kai Fighter set. The only major differences are in the color scheme, build, price and aesthetics of the play function. They're literally the exact same concept.

Believe me, I agree with your main argument on whether or not NINJAGO has "categories" or "rehashes". The Boulder Blaster isn't a variation on the same concept as the NinjaCopter, and the Electro Mech isn't a rehash of the Golden Mech. But I disagree when the similarities are too much, such as in the case of the Storm Fighter and Kai Fighter.

Does anyone have any idea when Ninjago will be released officially? I mean, I would expect another two months at least, but with the release of Jurassic Park...

Does anyone have any idea when Ninjago will be released officially? I mean, I would expect another two months at least, but with the release of Jurassic Park...

I'm pretty sure it's in August.

Do you mean the next wave of sets? I *think* it's June for Europe, and August for the USA (that is definite), but the Europe bit is based partly on previous year's release patterns (last year, Europe got the second wave of Rebooted in June while the US got them in August, I'm sure of it) and partly on Toy Fair information I got from a friend of mine. Plus, Amazon.co.uk listings that have been appearing lend strong evidence to Europe getting them in June.

If you meant something completely different, then sorry :classic:

I'm pretty sure it's in August.

Do you mean the next wave of sets? I *think* it's June for Europe, and August for the USA (that is definite), but the Europe bit is based partly on previous year's release patterns (last year, Europe got the second wave of Rebooted in June while the US got them in August, I'm sure of it) and partly on Toy Fair information I got from a friend of mine. Plus, Amazon.co.uk listings that have been appearing lend strong evidence to Europe getting them in June.

If you meant something completely different, then sorry :classic:

Last year's Ninjago summer wave was out in June 2014 in N.A.

The N.A. release date is supposed to be August 1st with Europe (and Asia...?) getting them some time before that, likely July with some availability in June. For N.A., the worst case scenario is an August release date (as per NYTF) with some limited availability (TRU and specialty retailers) in mid-late July. Now, a poster in another forum did say that based on the latest club magazine, that Ultra Agents sets looked to be released in June and they had August dates on them when on display at NYTF. So there might be a slim chance that given the apparent move-up in the UA set release schedule that the Ninjago sets could come out a month early (July) which means perhaps limited availability in mid-late June. They are not coming out in June at Lego stores, since they are not shown in the club magazine that other people have in hand.

If anyone has the May/June club magazine in hand and could confirm the lack of any Summer Wave Ninjago sets, then we know not to expect them until mid-late June at the earliest.

For the record. Lego has two Summer release windows now compared to the one several years ago.

They are selective when it comes to the order of their release. It usually comes out to which is more popular, or what will be getting a late November/December release. For instance: Star Wars is extremely popular, so Lego tends to release the summer sets in August. However, due to the inevitable Episode VII sets that will be releasing before the movie (like the Hobbit sets), they have decided that this year's Summer sets will release in June.

Last year, Ninjago got a small wave, so they began trickling out in June. This year's summer is almost worthy in scale of a Winter release, so they are holding off until August.

Disclaimer: I have no official basis to this. It's more or less a trend that I've noticed. 16 years worth of experience helps as well.

Edited by Penkid11

If anyone has the May/June club magazine in hand and could confirm the lack of any Summer Wave Ninjago sets, then we know not to expect them until mid-late June at the earliest.

No mention, but that doesn't eliminate ToysRUs breaking the street date (like usual).

Today I played Ninjago Rush and after playing temple level, Im pretty sure that 70751 will be that Temple on haunted hill.Colour combination is fantastic in that game.Also there is some airjitzu hint.

It will be very logical to make it.As I say colours are great, design of temple ingame looks to be realistic so it also appeal by afols, that are not interested in Ninjago.