WOW!

The Chain Cycle Ambush really surprised me. It's a little odd that it includes Airjitzu Zane, especially seeing as he's in his own Airjitzu spinner.

The Jay Walker One is very cool looking. It certainly appears to be one of Jay's personal creations. The capturing unit is nice touch, but what's the deal with the big gun on the side?

The capturing unit is nice touch, but what's the deal with the big gun on the side?

It almost looks like an airjitzu base which could possibly rotate up from that yellow handle on the left side. However I don't see a place to plug in the spinner unless it is on the back.

Edit: Also I don't see Lego putting a airjitzu base in a set without a spinner.

Edited by CET23

I probably just wasnt added to the system. with that set Cole becomes the most used charavter of this wave with 3 (not including airjiztu) and lloyd being the least with 1

Walker is Jay's last name. I really love these two vehicles, the bike especially. If I understand the Jay Walker One's design, Jay's lightning weapon (which is powered by that battery behind him) sucks up the ghosts into that side-mounted assembly, processing the ghosts into Skreamers and ejecting them out of the front.

Chain Cycle Ambush is amazing! I had thought that Airjitzu Zane had a white hood, but this makes it look light gray.

Airjitzu Zane in an actual set just gave me an idea- what if the other three ninja came in their Airjitzu forms in the Airjitzu Temple? Maybe even with an Airjitzu Lloyd as the exclusive figure! :excited:

Chain Cycle Ambush is amazing! I had thought that Airjitzu Zane had a white hood, but this makes it look light gray.

Airjitzu Zane in an actual set just gave me an idea- what if the other three ninja came in their Airjitzu forms in the Airjitzu Temple? Maybe even with an Airjitzu Lloyd as the exclusive figure! :excited:

For the record, the name "Airjitzu Temple" was debunked as the official name. It would make sense, of course, but take a grain of salt on either side of the equation. For all we know, it could be a new training dojo, a generic one.

Several small shrines throughout the sets that are predominantly white and red, so I'm assuming that, even if it is and "Airjitzu Temple" it would follow that color scheme, unless it's some sort of ghost fortress, that is.

For the record, the name "Airjitzu Temple" was debunked as the official name. It would make sense, of course, but take a grain of salt on either side of the equation. For all we know, it could be a new training dojo, a generic one.

Did not know that, thanks! It would still be cool to get the ninjas' Airjitzu forms in the D2C along with an Airjitzu Lloyd (I don't think he will be possessed the entire season). They did it with Zane, so why not with the rest?

Hey! I just want to bring this to everyones attention. the name for the character riding the Morro Dragon IS NOT Morro. Looking further at the design of the minifig, it has a "Lloyd gone ghost" look...

Has anyone noticed that Zane's 'Ice hoverboard' is a re-colouration of Skylor's?

Similar to how everyone of the Ninja has gotten a bike, flying vehicle, and a mech in the past, I can see these hover boards being the next thing. Zane, Kai, Jay, and Skylor all appear to be covered.

Was the fact that the D2C is a temple ever actually confirmed? I seem to recall that the original post mentioning the D2C stated so, but my memory isn't the best.

Similar to how everyone of the Ninja has gotten a bike, flying vehicle, and a mech in the past, I can see these hover boards being the next thing. Zane, Kai, Jay, and Skylor all appear to be covered.

When did Kai and Jay get hoverboards in-set?

Amazon.co.uk have put up some of the new Ninjago sets for pre-ordering (they may add more), and with it, we have some idea of the GBP prices now, for those of us in the UK. It's also a strong indicator that the UK will see these in June, which I strongly suspected would happen.

But I must ask: How on earth is the Titan Mech Battle only £39.99!? I'm surprised, for once the GBP price is actually favourable, and that's an excellent price for two Samurai Mech-sized mechs. The US price is $59.99 and that normally converts to £49.99 here :wacko: But then again, it's not unknown, after all there's a $70 set in another theme that has a GBP price of £40, which released this year.

Even considering relevant taxes, LEGO's conversion rates have gone completely crazy :wacko:

Edited by TheOneVeyronian

The Lego Ninjago: Build your own Adventure and Lego Ninjago: Secret World of the Ninja books are scheduled for a summer release, but no exact date on them just yet. I really want that lloyd minifigure in the build your own adventure book and I really want to know who the exclsuive minifigure is. I hope it's an actual exclusive minifigure and not a repeat minifigure like the rebooted zane last year.

Speaking of books, there are two Ninjago graphic novels coming out this year, along with some LEGO Bionicle and LEGO Friends graphic novels. Papercutz's license for Ninjago graphic novels expired this year, so these new graphic novels will be published by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers. Little, Brown is a really excellent publisher (I've been a big fan of the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic guide books and the All the Wrong Questions series by Lemony Snicket, both of which they publish), so I think these graphic novels will be in good hands.

When did Kai and Jay get hoverboards in-set?

Morro Dragon

Jay has one, but it isn't featured on the front of the box. Toy Fair Images show that it's a blue variant of Kai's

Having now seen final images of the Titan Mech Battle, it certainly looks like the strongest set of this wave. The set not only includes a nice selection for just five minifigures, but the Mechs look so wonderfully superb. I was really worried initially about the Morro Mech being too similar to the Samurai Mech, but now that we have clearer images, it looks fantastic!

I also love how the Ronin R.E.X. is equipped with so many little features. It certainly appears to be Ronin's mobile home of sorts.

It's also wonderful of just how many weapons we get in in the Airjitzu spinners. It reminds me of the Exclusive Weapon Training Set from 2011 in how well supplied they are.

But I have to be honest, no set steals the show more than the Master Wu Dragon. The price per piece ratio is insane. 575 pieces for just $40! The design is unholy in detail, and that's a good thing! The amount of minifigures you get is absolutely preposterous!

I love this set!

Edited by Penkid11

Amazon.co.uk have put up some of the new Ninjago sets for pre-ordering (they may add more), and with it, we have some idea of the GBP prices now, for those of us in the UK. It's also a strong indicator that the UK will see these in June, which I strongly suspected would happen.

But I must ask: How on earth is the Titan Mech Battle only £39.99!? I'm surprised, for once the GBP price is actually favourable, and that's an excellent price for two Samurai Mech-sized mechs. The US price is $59.99 and that normally converts to £49.99 here :wacko: But then again, it's not unknown, after all there's a $70 set in another theme that has a GBP price of £40, which released this year.

Even considering relevant taxes, LEGO's conversion rates have gone completely crazy :wacko:

Dunno if it's right, though... The descriptions are wonky and they're using the Brickset Toy Fair box images...

Dunno if it's right, though... The descriptions are wonky and they're using the Brickset Toy Fair box images...

Amazon's prices have been pretty much spot-on for as long as I've been using it, and for the most part these ones seem logical and correct. As for the images, they've lifted them off other sites for a long time (but sometimes, albeit relatively rarely, they're the first to publish them), so that's not really a reason to doubt their prices :wink:

Remember how some reports in Bionicle's comeback wave stated the large Toa would be £18, then Amazon listed them at £15 - and Amazon's prices turned out to be the correct RRP? The same thinking I think applies to here - though the only thing that would really strike it as odd is it has a higher set number than the £60 Morro Dragon - and by that logic it should be £65 or £70... but it's not. It's apparently £40. But then the reported US prices don't follow this either ($70 Morro dragon, $60 Mech battle). I'm reading into this far too much :wacko:

I'll have to ask my friend who attended LTF again to say if the Amazon prices are correct I guess... but I don't think he'll remember given he hasn't got much interest in Ninjago.

What's strange though - they don't list the Airjitzu flyers or Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty. The flyers I can understand, given Amazon hasn't really stocked any recent Speedorz in the UK, but Destiny's Bounty's omittance is puzzling. It's probably just an upload error or they just forgot, but if LEGO give it the same release pattern as Galaxy Squad's Galactic Titan (for some unknown reason it was released a month later than everything else in the UK), I won't be impressed. Especially as I want to get that set first so I can do some comparison pics :hmpf_bad:

Having now seen Chain Cycle Ambush and Jay Walker One, I have to say that both sets look good. Chain Cycle looks to me like a similar set to Destructoid. That being a set that comes in at less than 300 pieces, but that carries a higher price tag than the piece count warrants. It would not surprise me if this is a $29.99/$39.99 $USD/$CDN set when it is released in NA and I am guessing it will be a Lego store exclusive. As for the set itself: the bike looks good and think it will look even better in hand. The main play function appears to be a rear-mounted catapult that launches a small bola. I can't tell if the bike has any other features. Also, the set comes with 3 minifigs, 2 of the "Slimer" ghosts and 3 builds (weapon stand/shrine, zane's hoverboard and the bike). I tend to like sets with multiple builds, so that makes this a winner for me.

Jay Walker One is I believe a 385 or so piece set. The box does not really illustrate the functions of the set that well, except that there appears to be something going on with the front of the vehicle and something with that side attachment. Not sure if those two things have play features that relate to each other...? Also, a good selection of minifigs and it looks like the ghost shrine has some kind of disc launching feature as you can see one flying towards Jai's vehicle.

Neither set comes with a dragon, which is kind of disappointing. But you can get a dragon (a small one though mind you) in the smallest and cheapest set (Cole's Bike) which is great! As for the rest of the sets, my main nitpick is that although they look good, they seem to somewhat lack in play features. I'll hold out hope that set descriptions and in hand reviews show more of that than what is readily apparent.

With the sets up for pre-order on Amazon UK, it might mean a June release in Europe/Asia. Looks like NA has to wait until August or mid July at the very earliest.

The Chain Cycle Ambush is good set with many exciting things, but with one little problem - it's confusable to Skull Motorbike from 2011. Or Lego decided to make rebirth of sets of 2011, but with another design?

Edited by Master of Spinjitzu