Well the version of Zukin Kai that I got in the Ninja DB X was fine, the symbol was smaller than the original, so you can't put too much detail into that.

Well the version of Zukin Kai that I got in the Ninja DB X was fine, the symbol was smaller than the original, so you can't put too much detail into that.

Wait, what? The last time I did a comparison between a Zukin figure and an '11 figure the Zukin one had a larger symbol. Weird.

Blurry is definitely not what I'd call them. If anything, the lines surrounding them are thicker and more distinct.

Just bought the Electromech, Lava Falls and Jungle Trap. Suddenly all of my 2015 BIONICLE sets have vanished from my display shelf, whatever could this mean? :tongue:

Just bought the Electromech, Lava Falls and Jungle Trap. Suddenly all of my 2015 BIONICLE sets have vanished from my display shelf, whatever could this mean? :tongue:

Time for more shelves. :poke:

That's...strange. Hopefully, the Airjitzu function will be integrated in a way that doesn't detract from the aesthetics, but I don't have much hope.

When I saw that name, I thought that they'd do something like the fire temple, so a section of it can split down the middle and an Airjitzu flyer can be launched out from the inside. Sadly, with the set being airjitzu based, the chances of getting more elemental masters in minifigure form has become even more slim. I'm slill very much looking forward to seeing this set though.

Maybe the elemental masters will appear in the next season as well? I doubt it, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Regardless, there's no hope of ever getting Anacondrai Garmadon, Chen, or Skylor now. :( Maybe if they release a CMF series for Ninjago someday...

Maybe the elemental masters will appear in the next season as well? I doubt it, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Regardless, there's no hope of ever getting Anacondrai Garmadon, Chen, or Skylor now. :( Maybe if they release a CMF series for Ninjago someday...

Use spoiler tags. Not everyone that reads through this thread has seen the last few episodes, and LEGO has only uploaded episodes 35-40 on their Youtube channel at the moment.

Sadly, I don't have a great deal of hope for this set now. I'm getting the feeling that it's going to be something like the "Temple on Haunted Hill" which was featured in Rush, and if so, a ghost temple is going to be an awesome set.

It is rumoured to be the largest set in Ninjago history, so I'm hoping that it includes all the Ninja (like the Ultra Sonic Raider).

It is rumoured to be the largest set in Ninjago history, so I'm hoping that it includes all the Ninja (like the Ultra Sonic Raider).

It isn't rumored. It's a Direct to Consumer (D2C) set. Meaning it could be as large as a modular building, or be a contender for the next Death Star (although highly doubtful). It will need to have TONS of really cool minifigs in it to justify it for parents to buy for their kids, that's for sure!

Not that I'll have that issue... :wink:

Edited by Penkid11

I expect a price similar to the Santa's Workshop because I don't think Lego will make a expensive set when kids are the main target.

Since the set is called "Airjitzu Temple", the set will mosty promote the next ninjago game and give a huge reason to buy this.

A sensei wu airjitzu and llyod airjitzu or Ronin will be truly exclusive to the set since we don't see them.

The temple the D2C features will not be from Shadow of Ronin. Airjitzu gets literally no mention in the game whatsoever, and as far as I'm concerned Spinjago was burned down by rogue Hypnobrai when the game ended.

Anyway, the "kids are the main target" argument doesn't apply here. The set will likely be more similar in size to the Haunted House set from Monster Fighters

I don't talk about Shadow of Ronin game but the new Airjitzu game who remplace the Spinjitzu game. :grin:

Kids are the main target and it's good to remember that. Lego will not take a risk to make a very expensive set for august and probably want promote his new game with a set just like the Ninja Battle Arena who feature Spinjitzu.

Edited by Arkanta974

I don't talk about Shadow of Ronin game but the new Airjitzu game who remplace the Spinjitzu game. :grin:

Kids are the main target and it's good to remember that. Lego will not take a risk to make a very expensive set for august and probably want promote his new game with a set just like the Ninja Battle Arena who feature Spinjitzu.

Yes, kids are the main target, but have you forgotten MetalBeard's Sea Cow? It may not be affordable by most children ($249.99), but people still buy it.

It will be how the Airjitzu sets are promoted, no doubt, but it certainly won't be at Santa's Workshop's price range. If Lego is releasing a D2C temple, it has to be at least the size of the Fire Temple, if not larger. It just doesn't make sense.

but have you forgotten MetalBeard's Sea Cow? It may not be affordable by most children ($249.99), but people still buy it.

Yes I remember this set but to be fair this set was released in Febuary after the 1st wave of Lego movie. After his release you have enough time to buy the set and save money for the next wave.

For me release a expensive D2C set along with the 2th wave will be difficult and like you said Lego need a tons of figures or cool things to justify that and seem Lego want all his chance for his new game, would be a bad move to restricted like that.

However if the price is the same as the fire temple, he will be good too. But same price as the MetalBeard's Sea Cow ? I easily pass.

Edited by Arkanta974

Personally, I think it could be kind of like the temple from the online game in terms of aesthetics, which would be rather nice if they spiced it up with some spring green. If it's about twice the price of the Fire Temple, I hope they put that money into making it a full temple, not just a facade.

Edited by DraikNova

Few kids are able/willing to buy a full line of sets from a year. It's a rarity to see someone with all the sets of a single wave, let alone kids with an entire lineup + D2C, or even a single D2C set! This is my 7th year of purchasing LEGO sets over any other hobby and yet I don't have a single set that could qualify as a D2C.

Collectors have been begging LEGO to make a D2C NINJAGO temple for years now, the demographic of the set is closer to a modular building than a playset like the Fire Temple or BFNNC. It's going to be big and expensive, and it's likely going to make it, or come close, to being on the top 30 largest sets list.

I really hope this D2C Ninjago temple isn't a disappointment. My kids and I have been looking forward to it since rumours about it first surfaced. Unfortunately, I have a feeling it's going to be just a facade and some launching mechanism for an airjitsu capsule.

It'll certainly be interesting to see what this "Temple of Airjitzu" ends up looking like. Prior to a finalized name, I had thought it was likely that this "temple" would be more traditional than most Ninjago sets (in the same way that the Monster Fighters Haunted House was a more typical architectural design than the zany, feature-packed sets in the rest of the Monster Fighters theme). Airjitzu integration doesn't necessarily rule out a set with that kind of traditional appeal, but it does practically ensure that there will be plenty of integrated functions as well. I'd love to see some other functions powered by the Airjitzu ripcords, just like the Ronin R.E.X. has with its spinning turbines!

When I saw that name, I thought that they'd do something like the fire temple, so a section of it can split down the middle and an Airjitzu flyer can be launched out from the inside.

See, this is exactly what I thought of when I heard the name. I do kind of hope that it doesn't devote so much space to the Airjitzu mechanism that there's no room for a detailed interior. Some traps, on the level of the Scooby Doo Haunted House, would be nice, perhaps even an armory. I do hope that, in regards to dragons, they go for the all-or-nothing route. Either no dragon at all, so the budget can be spent solely on the temple and figs, or a nice medium-sized (like a $30-$40 set) one. Or maybe they could integrate the dragon in the traps and make it a little like the serpent trap in Knight's Kingdom's Citadel of Orlan, although more like the one featured in the comics than the actual set. Or some feature which shoots Skreamers out of the walls could also work. I just hope this won't be another disappointment.

Edited by DraikNova

To be honest. What justifies this set as a purchase for adult fans? Parts.

The Fire Temple was an architectural godsend when it came to oriental motifs. That is why another Temple, a la the Fire Temple, has been in such demand, not to mention that Lego has done a fantastic job with oriental buildings these past few years that it would be a shame to pass up.

Only one problem though. It will lose tons of its appeal if it is primarily dark blue, black, and mint green. It has to have colors that are easier to implement into a build like tans and browns. What gives me some hope, though (at least in regards to part colors), most if not all of the shrines featured throughout the summer sets are white, black, and red. Hopefully to match the aesthetics of what may be considered the ultimate flagship set of the Ninjago theme: The Temple of Airjitzu.

Now... where's our image leakers when we need them. Sure we still need our Ferris Wheel, but then it's time for the one we've all been waiting for.

EDIT: Dammit! They're producing a Mini-Cooper scale Ferrari first... why must we wait this long!

Edited by Penkid11