Sign in to follow this  
Criga88

MOC - Octan servo

Hi all, for a while I had a baseplate with a few tiles slapped on it sitting next to my row of modulars with the intention of it one day becoming a service station. Over the weekend I sat down one arvo to make a bit of progress on it and in no time the basic building and walls were made. While I was on a roll I kept going and threw in whatever I felt was necessary for a typical servo and this is what I've come up with so far:

14570524457_7c03a7cdbe_c.jpg

The two pumps are quick mods of the one from the 3180 tank truck set, and it's nice to have a more permanent home for them now.

14570525667_0fb65bccac_z.jpg

The attendant's all smiles since he's nice and safe behind the top notch security bars :wink:

14754624814_d7b582f80a_z.jpg

For the late night customers there's a night pay window, there's also the usual junk chucked around the side.

14570523457_d7c0571e29_z.jpg

"Can you grab some ice on your way, oh, and some firewood, we're running pretty low."

14756967795_7f9b629543_z.jpg

A basic interior does the trick since I leave the roof on the majority of the time anyway.

14570328548_d0760dfe2c_z.jpg

Each lane allows for a 7-wide, but realistically, anything more than 4-wide is going to take up a lot of the available real estate.

I'll be periodically updating this when I get more ideas but for now I'm happy with it (it sure beats the empty lot that it started out as :grin: ). Let me know what you think and feel free to leave any questions or constructive criticisms.

Now I wonder where I have seen similar designs too :laugh: ........actually I :wub: the fuel pumps......even I have not thought of using that long bar before :blush: - excellent designing 'criga88'......Brick On ! :grin:

It looks good! The security bars are a nice touch - as is, of course, the 'usual junk' round the back. And I really like the ad hoc exposed brick details.

Nice service station, reminds me a lot of the local Caltex Woolies around here (the kind that doesn't have a full shop, just a small area to pay etc)

Very nice work indeed.

The security bars are a nice touch

In DelVaLUG City, we need full on bullet proof Lexan. Heck, even our garbage truck has a long gun attached to the side next to the shovel.

Edited by cgarison

The interior of the store looks awesome and all the tiles really make this even more awesome!

Thanks everyone. Jonwil, I did base this off my local Caltex Woolies which has a full shop, but I had to make sacrifices to keep it compressed to a single baseplate.