jackdaw

Napoleon's Grande Armée updated

Stunning army Jackdaw! I really admire all the effort that's gone into this. Looking forward to seeing your British army next! (Are you going to set them both up in a battle scene? That would be amazing!)

Thanks a lot. My intention is to create a large scene of the battle of Waterloo, with LEGO terrain and everything, but that is going to take a lot of time... :pir-classic: I hope nobody is dissapointed, because my British army is much smaller then the French at this time. :pir-classic:

14797646103_1cd966f44a_c.jpg

How you managed to get them all aligned that perfectly without base plate is just as amazing as the setup itself. My try at lining up Minifigs wasn't that easy last time I did it just trying to get a picture of my collection.

Thanks! I tried only to keep the same distance between each minifigure, no baseplate or ruler was needed. pirate_classic.gif

Ahhh you use the Lone Ranger army torsos as prussian officers. Or am I wrong? I use them in the same way pirate_satisfied.gif

The old police hat mold in black is suitable as headgear for Landwehr troops in combination with the brown bag... you should try this too.

Edited by Blackar

I love how you used the helmet glasses on the hats of the soldiers. Gives an extra look and detail to it. So it's just possible to do this with your own legos and I absolutely love that to keep it creative to lego's.

Keep going!

-Eddie

Hi everyone, I finally managed to complete the diorama of the Waterloo battle. Next Year there will be the 200th anniversary of this last Napoleon's battle. The diorama is 130 nods wide, 104 nods long, contains 320 soldiers and 86 horses, of course everything built strictly from LEGO and Brickarms bricks and parts. Enjoy and don't forget to visit my Flickr stream to see more photos! Thanks!

15692708777_e0cf81c40c_c.jpgBattle of Waterloo, 18 June 1815 by jackdaw2211, on Flickr

15690956338_4615328be4_c.jpgBattle of Waterloo, 18 June 1815 by jackdaw2211, on Flickr

15876486501_a19b89aee3_c.jpgBattle of Waterloo, 18 June 1815 by jackdaw2211, on Flickr

Edited by jackdaw

Great looking diorama! Looks like an epic scene from a Napoleonic movie.

Ah, I would love to get that scene somewhere near sea and bomb it from Black Seas Barracuda ;) So many targets for pirates canons :D

Anyway, nice diorama! Nice customization!

Too slow on the congrats - just to say I really love the army builds here... Thought out and balanced!

I think I even prefer it on its own without the diorama... But I'm more of an army builder than a MOC-er...

None the less 2 thumbs well up!

Much love

D

That's a huge amount of infantry you've got there!! Wish I had that many... Can we be allies? Imust say that your generals look quite nice on their horses!

The diorama is absolutely great and I am wondering why I did not see this when it came out.

High praise!

That is: @ nine09nueve & @ Hindenburg:

Adding a comment to a MOC 2-3 months after it has been posted can be considered "bumping an old topic" (take a look at Posting tips and etiquette )

However, in this case this has helped me...

Absolutely brilliant! I am on to something similar after LUGBULK but nothing that close to yours! :-(

At least we have the same idea of using admiral's torso as lancer units

Any chance we could get a better look at your Voltigeurs? I don't see any clear photos of them on your flickr.

Halfway through Tolstoy's War and Peace, and this just blew me away.

I only wish Napoleon himself had been a plate lower than his adjutants....lol Great work!

Pardon, friend, I was wondering if you'd be willing to post a closer picture of your lanciers and your dragoon?

I have to say I am mightily impressed by the level of detail you've gone to in order to recreate realistic uniforms. A great display! You're ingenuity for using parts from other sets/genres to make up the uniforms has certainly inspired my own collection. Being an Englishman I'd love to see you expand your British army, perhaps with some of the 95th rifelmen.. ;-) although I was always more of a fan of the Bluecoats growing up so I'm happy to see they make up the main bulk :-)