Sign in to follow this  
sidekick2461

My attempt at a 1966 Batmobile

My Batmobile MOC

I've created a Lego Ideas 1966 TV Batmobile including Bat Boat,Trailer and Batcopter.

I came up with the idea of creating the Batmobile when I was looking for something to create using Lego Creator software, being a fan of the show I happen to have a diecast model of the Batmobile on my shelf. It is such an iconic TV vehicle probably the first non human TV star.

The bricks that made the Batmobile work for me where the wheel arches, the arches in the centre of the car, the rear slopes and the nose brick at the front.

The nose brick was particularly difficult to find in black, I eventually found it in a promotional Lego bag for Shell.

I had no idea how popular batmobile MOC's were since I've only got back into Lego about 6 months ago.

I later added the Bat Boat and trailer. I've also designed the Batcopter although that is just a computer design at the moment.

I came up with this:

img_0926resize.jpg

Any comments much appreciated.

Changed the rear fins and the windshields

img_0996_stripe_resize.jpg

Please take a look.

See Link: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/70489

Edited by sidekick2461

Please change this to a MOC presentation with a discrete link to your Ideas project in order to comply with our site guidelines. Not only would that take away any reason for me to remove your post but it would also enable you to get proper feedback here since you would have pictures in this post.

I'm new to this forum, sorry didn't mean to upset anyone, how do I change this to a MOC presentation?

Could it be done by a moderator, if you need to remove it that's OK, I don't want to brake any rules.

I'm new to this forum, sorry didn't mean to upset anyone, how do I change this to a MOC presentation?

Could it be done by a moderator, if you need to remove it that's OK, I don't want to brake any rules.

Just edit your first post and add some pictures of your MOC and tell us a little about it, like how you came up with the idea or your favorite parts of it. You can keep a link to your Ideas project at the end.

We ask this to avoid becoming a billboard for Ideas projects.

Apart from eBay, where are the best places to get new or used Lego bricks.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

The Lego Store usually has a Pick-A-Brick wall, you could get some parts from there. I think there is an online version of it but I'm not sure

There's also BrickLink http://www.bricklink.com/

Not affiliated with Lego, more of a Lego marketplace

oh, and great job on the Batmobile :)

p.s the link doesn't work as it is. I had to edit it to get it to work for me

Edited by Israel Hands

The Batcopter MOC (part of my Lego Ideas Proposal)

Well after designing then redesigning on computer, then ordering the bricks and building it, then redesigning it again I've finally finished (see picture).

Let me know what you think.

batcopter5resize.jpg

Holy LEGO Bricks, Batman! I LOVE this! It is SPECTACULAR! You've done a great job not only making it recognizable, but also making it look really cool in this medium. Nice work!

Wow. These are works of genius. Well done!

Thanks, it does take me a while, to get to the final design.

The thing that was limiting the Batmobile design in Lego was the windscreens, not being able to modify Lego parts to comply with the Lego ideas rules made this a problem.

I finally found what I think is the best use of original Lego parts but in a non standard way for the windscreens.

I'm glad you like the result and thanks for the comment.

Great job on one of my favorite tv/movie cars!

I saw it on ideas, but didn't like the canopy/windshield pieces. But you've made some major improvements on the car! It may be slightly to big for minifigs but it looks awsome. Would be great as a new 'model-team' set.

Thanks B Rick, I perhaps rushed my proposal on ideas, I original modified the canopies with a bandsaw which is not allowed in the rules for lego ideas, so I picked what I thought was the only solution. After much thought and computer design I think I've found a better visual representation of the classic 66' Batmobile.

I hope you succeed in getting Lego to bring your Batmobile to the shops.