gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello

Seriously, i wasn't sure where to post this. On the one side it's a Star Wars spaceship, on the other side it's build steampunky.

(I hope it's ok to post it here. If not a Mod can change that hopefully :D )

The guys of FBTB making their MOC Madness 2014 and the theme it's: SteamWars

My entry is the interpretation of the iconic Slave 1 in the victorian style.

14739731251_65ce9a7615_c.jpg

14063060922_DISPLAY.jpg

14063066061_DISPLAY.jpg

14063068161_DISPLAY.jpg

I hope you like it. More pictures can be found here.

May the steam be with you

Jonas

Yep, this is the right place to put it. We get steampunk Star Wars stuff in this forum from time to time. I've never seen anyone do the Slave I before, and this is pretty good. Everything has a purpose - there are no random parts and scaffolding hanging around just to fill space.

But, ah - is that a turnkey I spot? Is this ship powered by a wind-up key? *oh2*

Edited by VK-318

I love the frail, skeletal aesthetic this has, especially with the base/landing pad. Good luck in the contest!

Absolut stunning MOC!

The Slave is one of my favourit ships and you made it in best Steampunk quality!!!

Many amazing details and great techniques!

Good luck!

markus

This is so cool, I love all the detail, especially the captain's chair! The skirt looks particularly delicate like ornate iron work with all those droid arms. :thumbup:

Like the others said before me this creation is very well done and looks totally awesome!

It always surprises me how creative you are when it comes to LEGO, there are so many nice building techniques in this creation.

The choice of colors is also great, I love those dark "dirty" colors, it looks so much like from the age of industrial revolution.

This is awesome, I love Steampunk and this suits the genre a lot. I also really like the interior!

I love the way you did the 'skirt' of the ship, as a big protective wireframe like one might see on big fans nowadays. That's such a perfect realistic concept for this steampunk adaptation! But my favorite part has to be the interior. :wub: That opulent chair — the way you did the arms of the chair is terrific — together with the compass and the trophies on the shelf and the wooden furniture do lend this model the feel of being inhabited by a Victorian era hunter. :drool:

I just love that interior... Wow. And the way you made a ring around the wings with 2x1 plates is amazing. I think you'll get a prize for sure!

There are so many fantasic details on this... the lantern hanging down from the back... the skirted framework... the scaffolding on the rear section... the telescope/cannon... the armchair with controls and compass.

It's fantastic! I absolutely love it! Great work!

Whoa nice steampunk slave.

Love everything about it but as others have also, that interior is awesome. But I also like all the small detail you have put here and there on the ship.

Btw also the Steam punk Boba is also cool :wink:

This is one of those MOCs that alter your view of a genre completely. I've always been a fan of Steampunk, but just regarded it as a nice excuse to make some lovely details (and, being an hopefully-soon-to-be engineer, how can I not love technical details?). But you prove you can make something excellent in it's own right, and not just as an exceedingly detailed version of an existing ship.

This really shows in the way you approached the Slave I. Yes, it looks similar, but you've rethought the entire way the ship is used! That is the real creativity here: you keep the general shape and other nice cues, but the way it is flown is completely different, always keeping horizontal and flying 'backwards' in respect to the original craft. The ship fits this new way of flying very well, so it seems. You helped that by laying such an emphasis on the base, while most people tend to show off other areas. That skirt is nice (and frail looking too :look: ), and serves as a rough protection of the vital parts, while showing off just those parts, so we get to see how the ship actually works (with that turnkey on just the right place to show off the similarities with old cars you had to crank up). The nicely placed propellers where the wings used to be help us further in adopting this new view of the ship. And what once was the 'nose', now looks as it always was meant as a tail (although the placement of the guns might not be so logical there, and some kind of flaps for steering, or another small propeller in the vertical plane would be more appropriate). So apart form all the details, I really appreciate how you made an entirely new ship that is still very recognizable. I would like to see more of these re-destinations!

So far for my general impressions on the ship. But those details are well worth a look as well! Starting off with just the little elements, like that lantern (still, I have no idea how you built that). The fact you have a little function in there is cute as well, with that string you can pull to aim the cannons. That staircase is also a great find opposed to the inclining surface of the original, and all those arms in that skirt and the beautiful interior make me want to see some elaborate railings along the stairs. And it's a bit of a pity you lost the storing compartments, or do you have a steampunk Han Solo in carbonite lurking in one of those drawers of the closet? Now that would be a feat of engineering :grin: . But still, nice staircase, flanked by a beautiful telescope, and leading into a nice sloping doorway. Again, there was an opportunity for us to see some more goodness with an elaborate door (also, maybe our pilot would appreciate this at high altitudes?). I don't see these as missed opportunities (who can imagine something would still lack in this MOC?), but it having them there would even more blow my mind. But every problem vanishes when you see the interior (almost every, because I just thought how nice it would be to have a doormat!). It's absolutely stunning. The nice wooden floor with all of the incredible furniture. That really shows how much of an all-around builder you are, going from sci-fi to designing furniture in a moment's time. You also make the room look quite full with a few (but absolutely well chosen) pieces. The steering mechanism might be a bit sober for Steampunk, but I don't question Mister Fett's tastes, especially since he so orderly puts his garbage outside the door :laugh: .

So in every aspect this is a great, truly amazing MOC. I think you've changed the way a lot of people regard the theme now. It only leaves me wanting for more, and I have no doubt there will be more. Good luck in the contest, and I'm rather curious about your speeder. Untill then, let us enjoy this MOC, and...

gallery_5203_163_10909.png