Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #108: Message in a Bag-of-Holding

"Of course I'm in here," I shout to Thalion, before everyone else joins us. "Hey, Thalion or Heckz, maybe you could light up this diamond in my dual staff. It's glow will probably light the room well enough."

"Pass me that."

He says to Pretzel. As soon as the Monk lends Heckz the staff he'll use the diamond on the staff to light the place.

Thalion manages to strike a spark and the torch illuminates the room. The light washes over Atramor's corpse that he had found, as well as five rather corpsified figures staggering in the party's direction.

14559804600_7cfc4f09bd_c.jpg

14560026727_261f594928_t.jpg

"Kill... living... enslave..."

8666359670_4a8e090c2b_t.jpg

"I say we go back now!"

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

The Enemy:

14723480866_0cf3d2fcb1_t.jpg

Torpid Troll *Regenerate 40*

Undead Monster

Level: 40

Health: 300/300

Defense: 0

Special: Cadaverous Crash - Drops the hero to 1/2 their current HP and stuns them for the next round.

Passive Special: Can't Bring Him Down - The troll regenerates 40 HP at the end of every turn

Drops: Deluxe Skeleton Decoy

Expired Elf

Undead Humanoid

Level: 15

Health: 75/75

Special: Chilling Grasp - Does 15 Ice elemental Damage and the target is slowed.

Drops: Bone, Peasant’s Hood (Max. Health +1.)

14746192072_b67d59de0d_t.jpg

Hebetudinous Human *Deals Bleeding 10*

Undead Humanoid

Health: 50/50

Special: Raking Claws - The Hebetudinous Human manages to shred its opponents armaments halving their current WP and SP.

Drops: Bone, High Heels (Power +1; suitable for women.)

14723481846_2538f60dfa_t.jpg

Mortified Mopagian

Undead Humanoid

Level: 10

Health: 90/90

Special: Dreadful Wail - The target is made confused, afraid, and weakened for the next 3 turns.

Passive Special: Gain in Pain - The Mortified Mopagian's Level increasing by how much Health it loses.

Drops: Bone, Leather Armour (SP:1, suitable for barbarians, knights, rogues, rangers, minstrels, cannoneers, dragoons, beast warriors, skirmishers, harlots, inflitrators, regulators and winged warriors.)

14559844689_1b2740d495_t.jpg

Deceased Dwarf *Ignores SP*

Undead Humanoid

Level: 30

Health: 100/100

Special: Shambling Shanty - The Deceased Dwarf begins to sing a mournful tune that has a 50/50 chance to curse all the party members.

Passive Special: Miner's Logic - The Deceased Dwarf's attacks ignore SP.

Drops: Bone, Blessed Amulet (Protects from cursed-effect.)

Party:

14692172731_f204630c8a_t.jpg

Atramor Gibbin (CallMePie) *Party Leader*

32 year old male human Regulator

Level: 32 *Immune to Fire, Water, Lightning, Wood, Earth, Wind, Light, Darkness, Poisoned, and Doomed* *Negative Effects Last One Round* *Battle Style: Orderly*

Power Bonus: 0

Defense: 26

Health: 62/62 (7+31+12+6+6*)

Gold: 11

Equipment: Pheles Kris (WP: 20, user has a 1/2 chance to generate an Aura, doubling the user's maximum health but drawing all attacks to them, fire, ice, lightning, earth, wind, light, darkness elemental dagger), Robust Shield (SP: 12, shield), Amulet of the Court (Suitable for anyone, negative effects last only one round on the wearer, immune to water, lightning, and wood, accessory), Rat's Hide (Suitable for anyone, SP: 4, backwear), Galactic Armor (Suitable for anyone, SP: 6, +6 max health, immune to fire, earth, wind, light, darkness, and doomed, bodywear), Helmet of Azzurat (Suitable for anyone, SP: 4, immune to poison, headwear)

Inventory: Anointed Spear (WP: 5, damages undead), Flint & Steel (Handy for starting fires)

10632256334_a9ff1c7529_o.jpg

John 'Heckz' Brutenhal, the Ghostbuster, the Super Sleuth and the School Inspector (Cutcobra)

32 year old male human Sorcerer

Level: 22 2/3 *Immune to Sealed* *Jinxed Spells*

Power Bonus: 10 (Spells)

Defense: 3

Health: 30/30

Ether: 33/33

Gold: 779

Equipment: Bone Whip (WP:9, damages undead, whip), Magician's Gloves (Spellpower +10; suitable for mages; handwear), Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, immune to sealed; bodywear), Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional jinxed-effect, increasing their ether cost by 1; suitable for sorcerers; accessory)

Inventory:

paladin_pretzel_2.jpg

Monk Pretzel and His 99 Pieces, the Super Sleuth (Played by Palathadric)

463-year-old male "hermit" Paladin

Level: 29

Power Bonus: 5 (In the Front Row)

Defense: 27 (+5, in the Back Row)

Ether: 38/38

Gold: 1021

Equipment: Dual Staff (WP:8, Ice, Lightning, Fire, Wind, Light; dual strike; staff), Mythril Shield (SP:20), Strategist's Shako (+5 power while in the front row, +5 SP while in the back; headwear), Ethereal Cloak (SP:2, Max Ether +4; backwear), Heavy Armour (SP:5, Immune to Fragile)

Inventory:

1aa.jpg

Thalion Dwinlas, the Super Sleuth and School Inspector (-obelix-)

213 years old male elf Sorcerer

Level: 28 1/3 *Immune to Fragile, Sealed* *Causes Jinxed on successful hits*

Defense: 7

Health: 36/36

Ether: 43/43

Gold: 500

Equipment: Alpha and Omega (WP:13, dual healing/spellcasting at the cost of 2 ether, staves), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, Immunity to Sealed, bodywear), Emerald Hood (SP:4, Immunity to Fragile, headwear), Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional Jinxed effect, increasing their ether cost by 1; suitable for sorcerers; accessory)

Inventory:

Ratabor Mossycloak (Takes suggestions from Atramor)

Male Human Cleric

Level: 20

Defense: 2

Ether: 29/29

Gold: 0

Equipment: Oaken Staff (WP: 10, stave), Ethereal Cloak (SP: 2, Max Ether +4, backwear)

Party Leader, please provide a battle order, Party members please dictate an action and a row to perform it from.

Atramor swings around, lifting up his shield almost impulsively, pointing the kris at the nearest enemy.

"Of course..."

"Monk, Thalion, switch weapons. Pretzel can dual heal through the staves while Thalion'll actually be able to deal damage with the one staff."

"Ratabor, heal the human, back row."

The regulator advanced on the Deceased Dwarf, swinging the glowing Pheles Kris at him from the back row.

Battle Order

>Atramor vs. Dwarf

Pretzel

Thalion

>Ratabor heals Human

Heckz

"What?!? I'm not giving my Dual Staff to anyone. I traded my Cross of Light for that!" Suddenly, I see the undead rushing for us.

"Well, if it helps win the battle."

I hand the Dual Staff to Thalion from the Back Row.

"Well that was a close one."

"Serves... Filthy... Cleric... Right..."

Round 1 of Corpse Confrontation:

>Atramor vs. Dwarf - Damage (30/2=15 Damage, No deflection, Aura activates)

>Pretzel - Hands Thalion Dual Staff

>Thalion - Hands Pretzel Alpha and Omega

>Ratabor vs. Human - Damage (15/2=7-26=0 Damage, 10 Bleeding)

Heckz vs. Mopagian - Hit (31 Damage)

Atramor- Free Hits (Troll & Elf)(40+15/2=27-26=1 Damage)

Atramor - Bleeding (10 Damage)

Atramor tries to skewer the dwarf, but the ex-miner is too quick for him and dodges aside swiping at the Regulator finding a weakspot in his armor. Atramor does find a moment to setup an Aura and prepares to take on any incoming damage. Pretzel and Thalion swap weapons as Ratabor is savaged by the hooked human, but Atramor's Aura keeps the cleric safe. Heckz manages to deal some hefty damage on the Mopagian, but the stiff seems to shrug off the pain and wails back harder than ever.

The Battle Continues!

The Enemy:

Undead Monster

Special: Cadaverous Crash - Drops the hero to 1/2 their current HP and stuns them for the next round.

Passive Special: Can't Bring Him Down - The troll regenerates 40 HP at the end of every turn

Expired Elf

Undead Humanoid

Special: Chilling Grasp - Does 15 Ice elemental Damage and the target is slowed.

Undead Humanoid

Special: Raking Claws - The Hebetudinous Human manages to shred its opponents armaments halving their current WP and SP.

Mortified Mopagian

Undead Humanoid

Level: 10 41

Health: 59/90

Special: Dreadful Wail - The target is made confused, afraid, and weakened for the next 3 turns.

Passive Special: Gain in Pain - The Mortified Mopagian's Level increasing by how much Health it loses.

Drops: Bone, Leather Armour (SP:1, suitable for barbarians, knights, rogues, rangers, minstrels, cannoneers, dragoons, beast warriors, skirmishers, harlots, inflitrators, regulators and winged warriors.)

Undead Humanoid

Health: 100/100

Special: Shambling Shanty - The Deceased Dwarf begins to sing a mournful tune that has a 50/50 chance to curse all the party members.

Party:

Level: 32 *Immune to Fire, Water, Lightning, Wood, Earth, Wind, Light, Darkness, Poisoned, and Doomed* *Negative Effects Last One Round* *Battle Style: Orderly*

Defense: 26

Health: 62/62

Equipment: Pheles Kris (WP: 20, user has a 1/2 chance to generate an Aura, doubling the user's maximum health but drawing all attacks to them, fire, ice, lightning, earth, wind, light, darkness elemental dagger), Robust Shield (SP: 12, shield), Amulet of the Court (Suitable for anyone, negative effects last only one round on the wearer, immune to water, lightning, and wood, accessory), Rat's Hide (Suitable for anyone, SP: 4, backwear), Galactic Armor (Suitable for anyone, SP: 6, +6 max health, immune to fire, earth, wind, light, darkness, and doomed, bodywear), Helmet of Azzurat (Suitable for anyone, SP: 4, immune to poison, headwear)

Inventory: Anointed Spear (WP: 5, damages undead), Flint & Steel (Handy for starting fires)

John 'Heckz' Brutenhal, the Ghostbuster, the Super Sleuth and the School Inspector (Cutcobra)

Equipment: Bone Whip (WP:9, damages undead, whip), Magician's Gloves (Spellpower +10; suitable for mages; handwear), Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, immune to sealed; bodywear), Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional jinxed-effect, increasing their ether cost by 1; suitable for sorcerers; accessory)

Inventory:

paladin_pretzel_2.jpg

Equipment: Alpha and Omega (WP:13, dual healing/spellcasting at the cost of 2 ether, staves), Mythril Shield (SP:20), Strategist's Shako (+5 power while in the front row, +5 SP while in the back; headwear), Ethereal Cloak (SP:2, Max Ether +4; backwear), Heavy Armour (SP:5, Immune to Fragile)

Inventory:

1aa.jpg

Ether: 43/43

Equipment: Dual Staff (WP:8,Ice,Lightning,Fire,Wind,Light; dual strike; staff), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, Immunity toSealed, bodywear), Emerald Hood (SP:4, Immunity to Fragile, headwear), Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional Jinxed effect, increasing their ether cost by 1; suitable for sorcerers; accessory)

Inventory:

Male Human Cleric

Equipment: Oaken Staff (WP: 10, stave), Ethereal Cloak (SP: 2, Max Ether +4, backwear)

Party Leader, please provide a battle order, Party members please dictate an action and a row to perform it from.

QM Note: Pie, feel free to correct me if I'm not treating the Pheles Kris correctly.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Yeah, the aura starts immediately and lasts until either my next turn when hastened or the end of the round. So I should absorb Ratabor's damage and both free hits, and then my health should return to normal, keeping any health I may have gained (as long as it's below my max) by doubling it during the duration of aura. :thumbup:

Edited by CallMePie

Yeah, the aura starts immediately and lasts until either my next turn when hastened or the end of the round. So I should absorb Ratabor's damage and both free hits, and then my health should return to normal, keeping any health I may have gained (as long as it's below my max) by doubling it during the duration of aura. :thumbup:

Thanks, fixed.

As good as this seems, I'm not unscathed, I still have the bleeding by 10 effect for the next round. :blush:

Atramor stumbled backward, but regained his footing quickly, bracing himself as he pushed back the horde with his shield. He coughed up some blood, but otherwise seemed uninjured.

"Now it's our turn. Everyone leave the troll; we'll save him for last. Ratabor, keep up the heat."

He lowered his shield briefly to swipe the Pheles Kris at the Deceased Dwarf from the back row.

Battle Order

>Atramor vs. Dwarf -

Pretzel

Thalion

>Ratabor vs. Human

Heckz

Edited by CallMePie

"I whip my whip back and forth I whip my whip back and forth.."

He sang silently as he attacked the Mortified Mopagian with his Bone Whip once again from the back row. Unless Atramor activates his Aura, in which case he'll attack from the front row.

I dual-heal the Human and Mopagian from the back row.

"Death to these abominations!"

Round 2 of Corpse Confrontation:

>Atramor vs. Dwarf - Internal Conflict (50 Damage, Atramor switches to Chaotic, Aura activates)

>Pretzel vs. Human - Special Damage (Atramor's SP and WP halved)

>Thalion vs. Elf (& Human) - Sleight of Hand (Elf Confused and Jinxed, -2 Ether)

>Ratabor vs. Human - Damage (15/2=7-13=0 Damage, 10 Bleeding)

Heckz vs. Mopagian - Critical Hit (40 Damage)

Atramor- Free Hits (Troll)(40/2=20-13=7 Damage)

Atramor - Bleeding (10 Damage)

Atramor - Restored to full health after Aura finishes, Bleeding cured

Atramor goes into a whirlwind assault on the dwarf staggering him, Pheles Kris glowing as it's Aura grows even stronger. The regulator stops all the attacks of the zombied human but his equipment takes a good beating. The two sorcerers begin to wear down their enemies and the skeleton troll is unable to seriously damage Atramor.

The Battle Continues!

The Enemy:

Undead Monster

Expired Elf *Confused & Jinxed 3 Rounds remaining*

Undead Humanoid

Undead Humanoid

Mortified Mopagian

Undead Humanoid

Level: 10 81

Health: 19/90

Undead Humanoid

Health: 50/100

Party:

Level: 32 *Immune to Fire, Water, Lightning, Wood, Earth, Wind, Light, Darkness, Poisoned, and Doomed* *Negative Effects Last One Round* *Battle Style: Chaotic*

Defense: 26 13

Equipment: Pheles Kris (WP: 20 10, user has a 1/2 chance to generate an Aura, doubling the user's maximum health but drawing all attacks to them, fire, ice, lightning, earth, wind, light, darkness elemental dagger), Robust Shield (SP: 12, shield), Amulet of the Court (Suitable for anyone, negative effects last only one round on the wearer, immune to water, lightning, and wood, accessory), Rat's Hide (Suitable for anyone, SP: 4, backwear), Galactic Armor (Suitable for anyone, SP: 6, +6 max health, immune to fire, earth, wind, light, darkness, and doomed, bodywear), Helmet of Azzurat (Suitable for anyone, SP: 4, immune to poison, headwear)

Inventory:

paladin_pretzel_2.jpg

Equipment: Alpha and Omega (WP:13, dual healing/spellcasting at the cost of 2 ether, staves), Mythril Shield (SP:20), Strategist's Shako (+5 power while in the front row, +5 SP while in the back; headwear), Ethereal Cloak (SP:2, Max Ether +4; backwear), Heavy Armour (SP:5, Immune to Fragile)

Inventory:

1aa.jpg

Ether: 41/43

Equipment: Dual Staff (WP:8,Ice,Lightning,Fire,Wind,Light; dual strike; staff), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, Immunity to Sealed, bodywear), Emerald Hood (SP:4, Immunity to Fragile, headwear), Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional Jinxed effect, increasing their ether cost by 1; suitable for sorcerers; accessory)

Inventory:

Male Human Cleric

Atramor glared as the zombie tore at his shield and kris, pushing it back and taking a moment to recover.

"Heckz, switch targets with me, he'll kill ya' in a single hit the way things are goin'. Monk, get on the elf, see if ya' can bring out an angel or somethin'. Everyone else, just keep it up."

The regulator turned to the Mortified Mopagian, swinging at him from the back row.

Battle Order

Pretzel

>Atramor vs. Mopagian -

Thalion

>Ratabor vs. Human -

Heckz

Edited by CallMePie

Please. He just doesn't want to admit that I can handle the dwarf better than him. I knew I should have been the party leader.

"Okay." He says to Atramor.

Heckz attacks the Dwarf from the back row with the bone whip. Unless Atramor gains Aura, in which case he'll attack from the front row.

OOC: WBD, Slight of Hand's confused ( and jinxed, in case of Thalion and Heckz, because of the amulet) should affect both primary and secondary targets of dual strike/cast attack, right?

Unless specified (as in the case of Alpha and Omega) weapon effects don't transfer to spells. But since Sleight of Hand is neither a physical nor magical attack, I don't think it would in either case.

Grr...

I dual heal the Expired Elf and Human from the Back Row.

Unless specified (as in the case of Alpha and Omega) weapon effects don't transfer to spells. But since Sleight of Hand is neither a physical nor magical attack, I don't think it would in either case.

QM Note: This, plus duel strike only applies to attacks that deal damage, at least from my understanding of the FAQ, though Sandy seems to have ignored that in the example provided.

Thalion repeats.

OOC: WBD, Slight of Hand's confused ( and jinxed, in case of Thalion and Heckz, because of the amulet) should affect both primary and secondary targets of dual strike/cast attack, right?

QM Note: This, plus duel strike only applies to attacks that deal damage, at least from my understanding of the FAQ, though Sandy seems to have ignored that in the example provided.

OoC: Sorry to butt in on the discussion, but Thalion's weapon is a "Dual Cast/Heal" weapon, not "Dual Strike". So it allows casting spells and healing on two targets.

Sleight of Hand is considered a magical attack because it uses ether. In Quest#93, I played it so that Thalion could confuse both targets with the same weapon.

QM Note: Thanks for the clarification, though Thalion is currently using a Dual Strike weapon.

OoC: Pretend I was never here. :blush:

OoC: Sorry to butt in on the discussion, but Thalion's weapon is a "Dual Cast/Heal" weapon, not "Dual Strike". So it allows casting spells and healing on two targets.

Sleight of Hand is considered a magical attack because it uses ether. In Quest#93, I played it so that Thalion could confuse both targets with the same weapon.

QM Note: Thanks for the clarification, though Thalion is currently using a Dual Strike weapon.

Round 3 of Corpse Confrontation:

>Pretzel vs. Elf (& Human) - Special Damage Special Damage (Confused, 15 Damage to Troll, Troll Slowed)

>Atramor vs. Mopagian - Hit (Mopagian KO'd, No Aura)

>Thalion vs. Elf (& Human) - Mirror Damage Special Damage (Confused, 15 Damage to Troll)

>Ratabor vs. Human - Heal (30 Damage)

>Heckz vs. Dwarf - Critical Hit (40/2=20 Damage)

Troll - Regenerates 40 HP

Pretzel dodges swiftly out of the way as the confused elf swings wildly about turning on the troll and tripping it up. Atramor cleaves the Mopagian asunder as Ratabor and Heckz both manage to hold back their opponents.

The Battle Continues!

The Enemy:

Torpid Troll *Regenerate 40* *Slowed*

Undead Monster

Expired Elf *Confused & Jinxed 2 Rounds remaining*

Undead Humanoid

Undead Humanoid

Health: 20/50

Undead Humanoid

Health: 30/100

Party:

Level: 32 *Immune to Fire, Water, Lightning, Wood, Earth, Wind, Light, Darkness, Poisoned, and Doomed* *Negative Effects Last One Round* *Battle Style: Chaotic*

Defense: 26 13

Equipment: Pheles Kris (WP: 20 10, user has a 1/2 chance to generate an Aura, doubling the user's maximum health but drawing all attacks to them, fire, ice, lightning, earth, wind, light, darkness elemental dagger), Robust Shield (SP: 12, shield), Amulet of the Court (Suitable for anyone, negative effects last only one round on the wearer, immune to water, lightning, and wood, accessory), Rat's Hide (Suitable for anyone, SP: 4, backwear), Galactic Armor (Suitable for anyone, SP: 6, +6 max health, immune to fire, earth, wind, light, darkness, and doomed, bodywear), Helmet of Azzurat (Suitable for anyone, SP: 4, immune to poison, headwear)

Inventory:

paladin_pretzel_2.jpg

Monk Pretzel and His 99 Pieces, the Super Sleuth (Played by Palathadric) *Slowed*

Inventory:

1aa.jpg

Ether: 41/43

Equipment: Dual Staff (WP:8,Ice,Lightning,Fire,Wind,Light; dual strike; staff), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, Immunity to Sealed, bodywear), Emerald Hood (SP:4, Immunity to Fragile, headwear), Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional Jinxed effect, increasing their ether cost by 1; suitable for sorcerers; accessory)

Inventory:

Male Human Cleric

Health: 29/30

"Join the ancestors and have some measure of peace!" Thalion says sorrowfully, looking at the attacking shadow of what probably once was his kinsman, as he repeats his attack on Expired Elf (and Human).