After seing the offical UCS tumbler I decided to build my own mini version, but with all the features that big one should have.

So the features are:

Hand of God steering

Independent front suspension

Rear live axle with suspension

Adjustable wings

And its all done with 200 bricks including the rubber bands used for front suspension.

So here is the front view of the real model:

p1190828.jpg

And the rear view with clearly visible springs. The rocket booster doubles as a steering point:

p1190833.jpg

And in order to check the brick count here is the digital version, all nicely tilted going through a corner:

tilted.jpg

And some box art design for promotion:

box.jpg

And all the bricks spread out:

p1190852.jpg

Please also check out the video:

And if you want to see how the front suspension/steering works you can also download the LXF file to see all the techniques used:

http://www.brickshel...ler/tumbler.lxf

Edited by Zblj

well then, proves that Lego should've been able to put all these functions into a model with 9 times the amount of pieces! your model even looks recognisable as a Tumbler with these amount of pieces, really nice work! :classic:

UCS = display set, so stop complaining folks

Major fail though, Batman never works in light grey :devil:

Nice tumbler :thumbup: Difficult to see, but could you squeeze a minifig in there?

I'll bet MOC plans for this would sell like hotcakes

Cheers,

Ole

UCS = display set, so stop complaining folks

Eh, there are UCS models that offer a lot of functionality instead of just 'drive straight into any bumps'.

Edited by jantjeuh

Excellent functionality! Lovely steering, and I love the shaping, angles and panel use.

Great job! I actually wanted to make a pullback tumbler for the contest but looks like you beat me to it and its much better than what i could ever do :laugh: .

I saw the LDD and I have the front wheels hubs :laugh: , I always want to use them but I never find where :thumbup: .

Madoca makes plenty use of them in his MOCs.

Madoca makes plenty use of them in his MOCs.

I will see some MOCs from Madoca, I have curiosity for seeing where he uses them.

I will see some MOCs from Madoca, I have curiosity for seeing where he uses them.

Well, he uses them as front hubs.

Eh, there are UCS models that offer a lot of functionality instead of just 'drive straight into any bumps'.

The UCS Sandcrawler for example.

There is no doubt Lego could have packed in whatever they wanted, but instead they went for detail.

That's truly impressive. Makes it hard to believe that TLG couldn't squeeze ANY steering or suspension into their upcoming release.

Edited by rollermonkey