Sign in to follow this  
RaptorAce13

The Gold C-3PO incidents

Has anybody heard about the people that go to stores to find all the Lego Star Wars sets ripped open? I read it on FBTB and it seemed weird. The Gold C-P3O's are selling for tons of cash on Ebay but people still should'nt rip open boxes for them.

The one good thing I see about this is maybe if you see this you can ask if they'll sell them to you for cheap.

The one good thing I see about this is maybe if you see this you can ask if they'll sell them to you for cheap.
And that

Moved to the Star Wars subforum.

And please everyone try to keep a cool head. Think about it this way, sure they may sell it cheaper (not likely though), but you could have gotten it for free maybe if they didn't.

Looks like this goes the way of those LUL Darth Vader sets.... TLC should

Well I haven't seen any of the box opening madness yet.

Probably becuase they don't have any of the new SW sets

Has anyone found one yet?

I mean other then the people who already said they have

Piranha

It is easy to know who is that culprit. Those who sells more than 1 C-3PO on Ebay must be 1 of them. How could a guy being so lucky get so many C-3PO at once? & how da heck he have so much money to consume that much LEGO sets.

Of course this was bound to happen :-| What did you guys expect ? I mean its in human nature to cheat, especially when SW MFs are at stake :-P

Unfortunatly there is no perfect way !! The ONLY thing they should have done is include our golden amigo in an expensive set and end of story !!

I wonder how much money will shops loose like that due to heavy destruction of boxes ? TLC won't loose anything since the sets are sold to shops and only retailers will loose money like that |-/ I bet their quite happy :-P

*yoda*

It sucks but as others have said TLC should of known better, of course alot of our US fans will get lucky with alot of shops having to sell these sets cheap.

Lets hope some of these show up on BL.

It is easy to know who is that culprit. Those who sells more than 1 C-3PO on Ebay must be 1 of them. How could a guy being so lucky get so many C-3PO at once? & how da heck he have so much money to consume that much LEGO sets.

Statistically the probability of getting 2 3POs if you buy say about 100 sets isn't SUPER low.. not as low as striking lottery. So for those big time ebay Lego sellers, I'm pretty sure they found them in the sets.

Well, when I went to get Bridge Walker, someone had opened the box up. I could have got a discount, but I had to lay-buy it, so the discount didn't go. If I paid for it up front, I would have got it cheaper. But I didn't have the money.

There was a relevant point somewhere in there...

I dunno. I have three of them now and I obviously was not ripping boxes in stores or returning sets.

I dunno. I have three of them now and I obviously was not ripping boxes in stores or returning sets.

*sweet* You are different. I know you are LEGO fans. You bought a lot of them dont you? *vader* & you are asking for advice how to keep them. *vader*

Just like the spoilt kids in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. :P