A mini snow groomer. Based on the Tucker Terra Sno-Cat 200 series, and also on a much larger MOC that I created last year.

It was a major challenge getting down to 201 parts with this tracked vehicle especially as the track links took up the first 60 parts! One more part to remove!! I think we should have a Top Gear type rule where every additional part over 200 count as a negative point!!! :classic: Some LDD pictures below, real pictures to follow.

It has front/rear steering (HOG doubles as the exhaust)

All four tracks pivot.

The pull/push lever at the back raises and lowers the snow plough

mini_sno_cat_v401.jpg

mini_sno_cat_v404.jpg

The Big Brother

sno_cat01.jpg

Edited by Pvdb

They look good, both the small and big one. Did you create instructions for the latter? First time I've seen it, it looks great. Anyway, the mini one will definitely be a contender for the prizes.

P.S.: you should post the LXF file, then we can help figuring out what part to remove.

Edited by jantjeuh

They look good, both the small and big one. Did you create instructions for the latter? First time I've seen it, it looks great. Anyway, the mini one will definitely be a contender for the prizes.

Cheers - no instructions for the larger version, just LDraw file.

P.S.: you should post the LXF file, then we can help figuring out what part to remove.

I can replace the no.9 axle and axle connector that is used as the push/pull lever to raise and lower the snow plough with a no.10 axle. Not as nice, but it will fit within the rules :sceptic:

A suggestion to decrease the number of parts: use 2 of the new smallest panels for the blade.

good idea.

Great entry. I knew some great entries would surface by the end of the show.

It looks great, but I'd try to swap the treads for the small, rubber ones. 8 tooth gears + chain links is pretty useless from my experience, plus you'd save a lot of pieces! :thumbup:

Love the look, it's instantly recognisable, and great functionality.

Great entry. Well done. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Oh... I love it as all tracked machines, but you loose a lot of bricks with tracks. The challenge would be better if tracks count as less pieces, sure I would have done a tracked machine.

Absolutely great entry. Nice to see a tracked vehicle in this competition.

His big brother is also very impressive.