CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Yay pictures!

The smallest set looks great for getting Ultron drones in mass--apparently it has three Drones (As you can see, one is split in half across the wings), since the name for one of them also has a x2 after it! The $20 set seems nice too; with a new interesting Hydra soldier. But Hawkeye still has those stupid goggles! He better wear those things in this movie if Lego keeps printing them!

The Hulkbuster set is a bit strange for me. Obviously the Hulkbuster is larger than he should be; but at first glance I don't like the new Hulk mold and color. Good things we have the comic/old version. The Hydra base is great and I love that we get Strucker and the white tank--a quick recolor and it would fit well with the current Hydra vehicle we have. The Quinjet is amazing, and I'm glad I'll be able to get this since I missed out on the first one. Also; Black Widow hair!

Finally the Avengers tower, which I think is great. It's very different than I thought it would be, specifically in color, but it seems to include a lot. I wonder what the first floor is for though, it looks like something goes there--maybe the truck from the Quinjet set? Hulk?

Finally the Avengers tower, which I think is great. It's very different than I thought it would be, specifically in color, but it seems to include a lot. I wonder what the first floor is for though, it looks like something goes there--maybe the truck from the Quinjet set? Hulk?

I believe the Iron Legion Drones go there.

But Hawkeye still has those stupid goggles! He better wear those things in this movie if Lego keeps printing them

"good news everbody"

His face in that set is double sided (One side with no goggles) as shown by the mini image at the bottom :)

Edited by Scarilian

That Hydra Castle base is way overpriced... this wave does use the same template in builds as the previous Avengers builds. I still don't know if I should get these and remove my old Quinjet set for this...

Still it's a very good wave. (And they didnt even show the UCS helicarrier yet.)

Edited by Cammo

Well, Lego was apparently listening when we were all complaining about accuracy during the last Avengers line. Everyone looks pretty spot on, now all we need is better resolution pictures so we can confirm that Black Widow no longer has that ghoulish old face from her last appearance.

Two Hulks seems excessive. I want both Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, so I guess Lego will be duping me into buying both those sets.

Looks like its going to be a fantastic wave. The Hulkbuster, Quinjet and Avengers Tower are definitely the highlights. The minifigures look great too. Vision and Quicksilver are spot on, and the updated Hulk is a nice improvement. Not sure what to think of Hawkeye, Black Widow and the Hydra henchmen without seeing them up close.

Still it's a very good wave. (And they didnt even show the UCS helicarrier yet.)

Apparently the official unviel of that set is in January...

----

So my purchases will likely be;

1 x Iron Man vs. Ultron (Iron Man MK 43, Ultron Officer, and 2 Ultron Soldier)

1 x Hulkbuster Rescue Mission (Hulk, Ultron Prime, Scarlet Witch, and Iron Man MK 43)

1 x The Avengers Quinjet Chase (Captain America, Vision, Black Widow, Ultimate Ultron, and Iron Man MK 43)

1 x Attack on Avengers Tower (Iron Man MK 43, Thor, 2 Iron Legion Drones, Ultron)

The four missing figures i can purchase elsewhere at a later date (Hawkeye, Quick Silver, Baron Von Strucker and The Hydra Henchman)

Edited by Scarilian

There are sooooo many questions with these sets...

In the Avengers Quinjet Chase, is Vision swinging into or out of the back of the truck? It would really tell where his loyalties lie.

What with Quicksilver's Pants? They look extremely bland matched with his shirt.

What is the thing that Hulk is inside of in the Hulkbuster set? Dome sort of Trap by the Scarlet Witch?

Where is Iron Man vs Ultron set taking place? In a desert?

Who's side is Quicksilver on in the Hydra fight?

Also how did the Iron Legion drone get the staff that Strucker is holding in the fortress set?

What is the Yellow part at the bottom of Avengers Tower? An assembly line for the drones?

How did Ultron finance building an army of flying lazer scooters?

There are sooooo many questions with these sets...

In the Avengers Quinjet Chase, is Vision swinging into or out of the back of the truck? It would really tell where his loyalties lie.

What with Quicksilver's Pants? They look extremely bland matched with his shirt.

What is the thing that Hulk is inside of in the Hulkbuster set? Dome sort of Trap by the Scarlet Witch?

Where is Iron Man vs Ultron set taking place? In a desert?

Who's side is Quicksilver on in the Hydra fight?

Also how did the Iron Legion drone get the staff that Strucker is holding in the fortress set?

What is the Yellow part at the bottom of Avengers Tower? An assembly line for the drones?

How did Ultron finance building an army of flying lazer scooters?

Finally learnt spoiler tags so going to try and answer these

"In the Avengers Quinjet Chase, is Vision swinging into or out of the back of the truck? It would really tell where his loyalties lie."

Likely he is offline and being pulled out the van via the rope (Given Vision can fly i doubt he'd be holding the rope if he was online)

"What with Quicksilver's Pants? They look extremely bland matched with his shirt."

No idea

"What is the thing that Hulk is inside of in the Hulkbuster set? Dome sort of Trap by the Scarlet Witch?"

Has a similar design style to Ultron, so guessing he created it to take down Hulk

"Where is Iron Man vs Ultron set taking place? In a desert?"

Looks to be the city we saw in the trailer when the Ultron bots came out the water

"Who's side is Quicksilver on in the Hydra fight?"

Seems he appears to be knocking the Hydra Vehicle with his speed, so he has likely changed sides at this stage and is working with the Avengers against Hydra.

"Also how did the Iron Legion drone get the staff that Strucker is holding in the fortress set?"

The Avengers get the staff from Strucker at the start of the film, then take it to the Avengers tower where Ultron then steals it from them.

"What is the Yellow part at the bottom of Avengers Tower? An assembly line for the drones?"

Pretty sure you are correct, its probably where the Iron Legion are made.

"How did Ultron finance building an army of flying lazer scooters?"

Pretty sure its intended that the Ultron drones can become these 'flying lazer scooters'

Edited by Scarilian

These aren't prelims.

Thats unfortunate as Vision looks barely anything like his image

---

On the plus side though the Iron Man vs Ultron set has 4 figures... and the Hulkbuster set has technically 5 (Including the Hulkbuster)... xD

That moment you realise we'll one day see Avengers Infinity War Lego... 0_0

Edited by Scarilian

These aren't prelims.

Oh. Just realized they are the real deal.

Finally learnt spoiler tags so going to try and answer these

"In the Avengers Quinjet Chase, is Vision swinging into or out of the back of the truck? It would really tell where his loyalties lie."

Likely he is offline and being pulled out the van via the rope (Given Vision can fly i doubt he'd be holding the rope if he was online)

"What with Quicksilver's Pants? They look extremely bland matched with his shirt."

No idea

"What is the thing that Hulk is inside of in the Hulkbuster set? Dome sort of Trap by the Scarlet Witch?"

Has a similar design style to Ultron, so guessing he created it to take down Hulk

"Where is Iron Man vs Ultron set taking place? In a desert?"

Looks to be the city we saw in the trailer when the Ultron bots came out the water

"Who's side is Quicksilver on in the Hydra fight?"

Seems he appears to be knocking the Hydra Vehicle with his speed, so he has likely changed sides at this stage and is working with the Avengers against Hydra.

"Also how did the Iron Legion drone get the staff that Strucker is holding in the fortress set?"

The Avengers get the staff from Strucker at the start of the film, then take it to the Avengers tower where Ultron then steals it from them.

"What is the Yellow part at the bottom of Avengers Tower? An assembly line for the drones?"

Pretty sure you are correct, its probably where the Iron Legion are made.

"How did Ultron finance building an army of flying lazer scooters?"

Pretty sure its intended that the Ultron drones can become these 'flying lazer scooters'

It looks like Hulk is slamming the tank in the pictures and Quicksilver is running to attack Hulk.

Iron man vs ultron drones: I totally guessed iron man would come with two ultron drones. Now people can make their army of ultron drones. It's good we get a new mold for one ultron drone, but we get half of a ultron drone on the ship. So 3 and a half minifigures in this set.

Hydra Showdown: Hawkeye is a better improvement, but he still has the goggles. Thor has silver arms and the hydra soldiers are hard to see what they have. The offroader looks cool, but don't really like the hydra vehicle. Glad they gave him a normal expression face.

Hulkbuster smash: The hulkbuster looks great but it's really bigger than hulk. Scarlet witch has that common brown hair piece, which is dissapointing. Ultron prime looks like he has a neck piece which resembles tubes. Hulk looks amazing, they listened to what i said, he needed that olive green color.

Avengers tower: Looks better than what i was expecting, the iron legion drones were a big surprise. I don't know why we got two of them though. Ultron in this set is really cool.

Quinjet city chase: Black widow has a new hairpiece! Captain america has no helmet piece but i like it. His motorcycle is the same moulding as the new 2015 city motorcycle set. Vision is alright, that pink head looks like too much pink. But you can tell he has the new superheroes type of cape in yellow. Ultrons stolen truck is a nice add on to the set. The quinjet is perfect!

Avengers Fortress: Quicksilver has that hair in white which was unexpected. Hulk is in two sets, captain as well. Baron is a nice surprise. I like the fortress, don't like the hydra vehicle.

Overall this wave is better than the last one.

So Thor is pretty much the same but with different arms and a new print? lame

Cap a a 260 printed head FINNALLLLY

Too bad they didn't do a new mold for Loki's staff. And too bad they didn't give Thor leg printing and a different hair piece. He and Cap seem the least improved out of the bunch.

I like most of the sets and will most likely buy the smallest set, The Hulk Buster set, the Hydra tower and maybe the Avengers Tower, but I think I will skip the Quinjet and the buggy ,also did anyone notice that there are three differant Ultrons: Ultron, Ultron Prime and ultimate Ultron

P.S.

I think the Vision is being rescued in the Quinjet set.

0_0 DAT Hulkbuster tho... I need to pick all of these up (minus the Duel with Hydra set, that doesn't look too good). It's nice to see the yellow cape return again, that will be useful for other figs.

These are basically all must-buys... I could live without the Off-Roader set and the Hydra fortress so long as I picked up Hawkeye, Quicksilver, and some Hydra dudes, but I'll probably just get the sets anyways. As for the rest?

The smallest, if I can manage to, I'll probably pick up three, maybe four. That could get expensive fast, but for three drones and some extra Iron Man armor pieces that I can switch out with others to make more variants...? Yeah.

Hulkbuster is just a straight up must. Have. The new Hulk looks promising, I want Scarlet Witch, and they sure didn't skimp on that 'buster :3

Quinjet is necessary for the jet itself, considering how important it seems, but also the 'figs... Especially Vision (Though his head seems a bit too pink... We'll see.)

Aaand the Tower. I'm extremely impressed, but I'd still like to get two just to make it taller and a bit bigger. GG with what pieces you had, though, Lego.

Also dang you, because if you're giving us all this and a $300+ Hellicarrier, I won't be able to afford half of what I want... :P

Awesome!! Some of the builds are meh but the minifigs are pretty good! But I'm left with more questions than answers!

Iron Man vs Ultron

-YES!!! ARMY BUILDER!

-why is ultron flying a ship? Hopefully that's a liberty with the sets like Caps avenging cycle.

-what's with the big antennae on his back?

-Does that one drone hanging on the side have legs? It's hard to tell

-Did they seriously give that Ultron a gun? :hmpf_bad:

Hulkbuster

-Scarlet Witch should have pink hex pieces, not blue. Also the Elizabeth swan hair would've been better. They just gave her another generic girl hair piece..could be worse

-What is that thing Hulk is standing behind?

-Hulkbuster itself looks pretty good. Happy that iron man can fit inside

Quinjet

-looks amazing! Hopefully the inside can fit quite a few of them

-Wish Vision was red instead

-Why is Ultron using a truck? He can fly!

-It seems the motor cycle has a new mold and can pop out like in the trailer! Sweet!

-New Black Widow hairpiece!! Yes!

-The Ultron in this set looks like it'll be my favorite one

-Love the new Cap.

Hydra Fortress

-The Tank kinda sucks :/

-Quicksilvers hair is meh like I predicted. Looks like I'm giving him chancellor palpatines!

-Strucker is a nice surprise!

Hydra duel

-Thank the lords for Hawkeyes new hairpiece!

-Actually a nice little set

-Nice to see Thor has metallic arms

-Disappointed Thor has his hideous yellow hair though...wouldn't have been a hard change to make it less...bright

-Hard to make out the Hydra soldiers but they don't look too great to be honest

Avengers Tower

-Not too bad of a build. I see they included the little drone from the first quinjet again :laugh: Wonder if it'll actually be in the movie this time?

-The Iron Legion look strange with white torsos

-Thankfully lego made Loki's staff more accurate

-Is that Ultron the battle damaged one from the trailer? Hard to make him out

Overall I'm highly anticipating this wave! Ultron forever!! :devil:

And as someone correctly predicted (forgot who) The cheapest set is Ultron on his flying Lazer shooting Scooter!

That would be me. Totally called it. :tongue:

These sets look pretty great! A bit disappointed in the Hulkbuster, but whatever you know. I love that new Hulk, way more accurate than the past mold.

Personally I prefer comics-based sets, so these sets aren't super incredible to me. However I will probably purchase the set that includes Quicksilver because his fig very closely resembles his comic counterpart. A great wave, but maybe not for me personally. (I'll still probably pick up most of these after watching the movie though, lol.)