CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Do you guys think Lego and Marvel will give us more Guardians of the Galaxy sets next year, or will it just be Avengers: Age of Ultron and Ultimate Spider-Man/Comic Book Spider-Man Sets?

Good point. Old gray would be a good color too.

I do agree the tattoos might not stand out as well on a darker torso and maybe that is what LEGO was going for. But I do think he is too light.

I still haven't picked up those figures yet. The sets might be worthwhile, but I mostly just want the figures and save some money to buy other sets I'm missing out on. I usually reserve Christmas/Birthday time for exclusives, but I may end up having to get regular release sets (Benny's SSS, Cantina, Milano, etc). Not good LEGO!

Do you guys think Lego and Marvel will give us more Guardians of the Galaxy sets next year, or will it just be Avengers: Age of Ultron and Ultimate Spider-Man/Comic Book Spider-Man Sets?

I hope we see something from GOTG as well as X-Men next year. What I loved about this year's line up was how much variety there was with four different Marvel brands being represented. Last year was fairly underwelming by comparison where everything was just Spider-Man and Iron Man with nothing else. :sceptic:

Hopefully they can keep up the variety of different superheroes.

I hope we see something from GOTG as well as X-Men next year. What I loved about this year's line up was how much variety there was with four different Marvel brands being represented. Last year was fairly underwelming by comparison where everything was just Spider-Man and Iron Man with nothing else. :sceptic:

Hopefully they can keep up the variety of different superheroes.

I doubt there will be many sets due to the AoU sets coming out, and I bet there will be more next year then there was for the first movie.

Idk what sets could be made (Although i want a Yondu and a Collector Variant), but i could see a December/Jan release for Wave 2 of GotG and maybe a March/April wave for AoU (because we got 2 waves this year if i'm not mistaken)

I would love more GotG sets, but oddly they did a real good job of nicely covering all of the key vehicles with those three sets. After seeing the movie it is amazing just how dense those sets are. For this sort of thing Lego is at its best with Swooshable spaceships. And a sub theme that allows Swooshable Spaceships partnered with colorful superhero types, pure gold. But they did cover the bulk of the major ships. Pretty much everything except the Ronan and Ravager capital ships. Neither of which look particularly well suited to Lego.

So can we expect to see hulk buster in a avengers 2 set? I was thinking they could make him like the cyborg and lex luthor giant suits in Lego batman 3 game, or they could make him have small ball joints and have a mixel look to him. That would mean they would need to print his head on a piece.

An olive green Hulk would be interesting.

I hope that Lego would reserve the olive green plastic for The Abomination. (Hint, hint TLG)

On a totally unrelated note: during the GOTG flick, Starlord/Chris Pratt gives his fellow Guardians a pep talk, and I couldn't help but think of Emmet's Master Builder speech. Totally ruined the scene for me since all i could hear was Emmet asking for magic markers, construction paper, and glitter glue. Too funny! I figure it can't be just me bc my daughter whispered to me, "it sounds like Emmet's plan 'to put the thing on the thing and save the universe".

Edited by Colossus

So can we expect to see hulk buster in a avengers 2 set? I was thinking they could make him like the cyborg and lex luthor giant suits in Lego batman 3 game, or they could make him have small ball joints and have a mixel look to him. That would mean they would need to print his head on a piece.

If we see Hulkbuster i'd much rather see a new mold based on the LEGO Marvel Superheroes game. I hate brick-built characters (groot,sentinel)

If we see Hulkbuster i'd much rather see a new mold based on the LEGO Marvel Superheroes game. I hate brick-built characters (groot,sentinel)

but its not a character its a machine that is built, usually I do want molded figs but not this time

but its not a character its a machine that is built, usually I do want molded figs but not this time

The_Avengers_Age_of_Ultron_42150.jpg

That's the concept art for AoU apparently, so this isn't the hulkbuster where the head is exposed.

With that being said, a mold similar to this one (Although that would be the same size as hulk, but obviously it's much bigger in concept art.) Would be ideal

Hulkbuster.jpg

Of course it's all personal preference though. My main concern if it's brickbuilt is that it would be too skinny in some areas. Or maybe, considering the size, we could get Hulkbuster vs Hulk as a $20 set with Hulk & Tony Stark (Ideally someone else too), with the Hulkbuster being the build. (Similar to a set of this size possibly?)

lego-alien-conquest-space-tripod-invader.jpg

(Sorry if the pics are too big, first time using pics.)

yeah I can see why some people will want a big fig but if it was would we be able to put tony inside, looking at it again we need a new big fig that has more movements if they are to be able to fight like this

I saw a picture that was released from the movie. It looks almost identical to the big fig in Lego Marvel Superheroes. Although the image may have been fake

I believe the Hulkbuster will be built like Groot. One centralized new mold, which would be the head and part of the torso, and then the legs and arms will be brick built. I just don't see how they could make the one from the game without changing their design for bigfigs. Maybe they'll surprise us.

How many AoU sets can we expect?

like 4 or 5?

I'd say at least 5. This movie is probably going to be the biggest marketed thing ever, so you'd think they'd want as much merchandise as possible.

The first movie had four, and given the bigger marketing pushes Marvel has been making recently I'd say five is likely - although they're also going to be pushing Ant-Man within a similar time frame as well, so I'd expect at least one set for that movie.

The first movie had four, and given the bigger marketing pushes Marvel has been making recently I'd say five is likely - although they're also going to be pushing Ant-Man within a similar time frame as well, so I'd expect at least one set for that movie.

Not sure, seems like LEGO is only does one MCU movie a year. Though, seeing how Marvel is really trying to push both to all audiences, I can see next year being different.

Considering Disney/Marvel seem to be on good terms with Lego, I would think they'd want to push Antman as much as possible. He needs it more than Guardians did. I could see us getting a set based on the movie. I'm not so sure about the 1 movie a year deal. Why would that be part of the license? It certainly seems that way, but I don't see why either party would want to negotiate that.

By the way, the amount of sets LEGO can produce is up to LEGO. If I'm not mistaken, they have some kind of limit and they need to pay extra if they want to make more sets than that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ant Man needs hype, to a majority of public it's probably a joke. I myself am not that interested but I'll still watch it.

How many AoU sets can we expect?

like 4 or 5?

I believe i guessed five the first time, and it seems to be likely. Lets hope they make five and not four.

I think LEGO will stick with just one MCU movie a year. However, they did a tie-in of sorts for both X-Men Days of Future Past and Amazing Spider-man 2. I would expect an Avengers Assemble set next year to include Antman with other comic / cartoon Avengers though.

I think LEGO will stick with just one MCU movie a year. However, they did a tie-in of sorts for both X-Men Days of Future Past and Amazing Spider-man 2. I would expect an Avengers Assemble set next year to include Antman with other comic / cartoon Avengers though.

The AA sets this year were clearly supposed to tie into TWS. I mean one set was straight up Cap vs Hydra and the other had Falcon, i dont think it was coincidental.

I wouldn't really look at past years for any sort of comparison set wise - in 2012 there was only one major Marvel movie and in 2013 Lego had to produce sets for Man of Steel as well.

Thor and The Winter Soldier didn't have huge marketing pushes either - both Avengers and Ant-Man will