CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

If it's big enough and detailed enough, I'll probably get it. As someone whose main focus was the Architecture line before branching out more, I'm clearly nowhere near as hung up on consistent scale or unique minifigures as most others. I'd certainly be pleased to get some of the figs people are suggesting, but their presence or absence wouldn't make or break the set for me.

I don't see this set having many figures. Maybe a stealth suit Captain America, Black Widow, and Nick Fury.

Don't say that! We need some exclusive SHIELD characters!

One thing I've noticed with USC Ships lately, is that they come with 5 figures at most. I would expect this set to not have many figures at all.

Still undecided if I'll be getting this or not though.

The Minifigure I think would be in this set are:

The Winter Soldier

Nick Fury

Agent Coulson

The Falcon

Captian America

Agent Hill

and maybe CrossBones.

If it is indeed $350, I would actually rather have it include Winter Soldier characters, that's much more fertile ground to draw from. Especially if it's UCS and we're denied play features, at least give us cool minifigs (just new prints, no new molds besides falcon)

-Nick Fury (sunglasses and incognito garb)

-Winter Soldier (2 heads: goggles&mask/mask and no-mask-angry/no-mask-confused)

-Alexander Pierce (smile/frustrated)

-Maria Hill (serious/angry)

-Falcon (2 alt heads: goggles determined expression head and goggle-free happy head)

-Crossbones (smirk/rage)

-Agent 13 (smile/angry)

-Captain America (Cap 2 dark blue outfit)

-Steve Rogers (plainclothes)

-Black Widow (plainclothes)

-Agent Sitwell

This set may be years down in my buy list. I really want the USC Slave 1 to, and with AoU and Star Wars 7 TFA sets on the way, my wallet will be stretching thin.

This set may be years down in my buy list. I really want the USC Slave 1 to, and with AoU and Star Wars 7 TFA sets on the way, my wallet will be stretching thin.

To be honest I don't think we'll see Star Wars 7 sets until the next winter wave.

Not to get off topic, but I disagree. I think we will see a small summer wave with two or three sets for SW and we'll get the rest in November. I hope we start to see more USC Marvel sets, like a Triskelion or one of those Dark Elves ships.

No play features/figures is a massive dealbreaker for me. The Helicarrier just isn't iconic enough or important enough for me to justify that kind of money on a giant grey paperweight. Same reason I've never bought any of the expensive UCS like the Super Star Destroyer.

I agree with you, as a general matter. And I expect that, given the size limitations of even a $350 set, there probably won't be much in the way an interior. But I'm game to try to modify it, and I think it may differ from the Super Star Destroyer in its ability to be modified.

I never had much interest in modifying the Super Star Destroyer because no matter what you do, the scale would be so off. I don't think it could "function" as a system-scale ship, if that makes sense.

In other words, regardless of modifications and its limited interior, the SSD is going to be a display model that just happens to have a small playset inside. And while other large ships also are not to scale with their movie inspirations -- of course -- there's something complete and coherent about them. Take the 2009 Tantive IV, with its bridge, interior, cargo room, etc. In an imaginary Lego world, you wouldn't need to pretend that the Tantive IV is actually a lot bigger than it really is. You could treat it as exactly what it appears to be: a large ship (almost twice as long as an X-wing) with a crew of 5. You could play with that spaceship in a way in which your other Lego spaceships would be to scale to it. The SSD, however, has difficulty functioning like that. Pretending that the SSD is not what it appears to be is almost required. It's clearly intended to be representative of something very large, not at all to scale with your other Lego ships. The exterior of the bridge is the size of a single brick. And the playset inside does not represent the entire crew that would operate the ship, not even in a system-scale, imaginary world.

Put simply, the Tantive IV could seamlessly be integrated, as to-scale, coherent spaceship, into an imaginary, system-scale world. It would be as equally at home in such a world as any of the three Space Police motherships. The SSD would not, and it would be difficult to modify it to make it fit in. The SSD doesn't exist in the same world as your other Lego ships.

So, to get back to what you said, I only buy sets like the Tantive IV -- sets that can be integrated into a Lego world, sets with playability and minifigures, sets that are toys, not mere display models. The new Slave 1 is right up my alley, and I'm thrilled that Lego is making UCS ships in minifigure scale. But while the helicarrier probably isn't going to have much of an interior or play features, I may get it anyway if there's any room at all to try to modify it. The intended scale isn't as far off as the SSD, and I can imagine that the carrier's tower could be modified to add a bridge (if it doesn't have one). And maybe you could include other interior spaces, like an engine room and crew quarters. And maybe you could land small system-scale fighters on it. If there's any possibility of turning it into something system scale, I'm going to try. Because helicarriers are cool.

Edited by Raskolnikov

...or one of those Dark Elves ships.

YES. I don't even care if they are UCS, but anything from Thor: The Dark World would immediately go to the top of my wish list. As long as Marvel keeps spitting out new movies though, I doubt we'll see them go back and release much from any old ones, if at all (unless, such as the helicarrier, it were a part of the MCU at large, and not limited to a single film).

Edited by rodiziorobs

With the superheroes sets it always seems like "Man, Lego, quit giving us this, we want this other thing!" "Okay, here's what you were asking for." "No, wait, we want that first thing back!" The second we got over the shock of all the Justice Leaguers in the DC wave everyone was complaining that we didn't have enough Batman villains, and now we get the Helicarrier we've been wanting since day one and it's like "You sure you don't have another jet or flying car or something back there...?" lol

I can only think of two reasons why I don't want this set to exist:

1.I have nowhere to put something that big.

2.I will never be able to afford that. Ever.

I can only think of two reasons why I don't want this set to exist:

1.I have nowhere to put something that big.

2.I will never be able to afford that. Ever.

Exactly.I can't imagine how big it will be and the price is untouchable.

Do people actually buy $350 sets?

Not only buy them... but some people will even pick up several of them to hoard in the hope of another 10179 Falcon.

$350 is around £235-£240... that's less than the 75059 Sandcrawler was in the UK.

I hope the Avengers Tower is not just one single room like the Malibu Mansion set.

Same here.I hope it's something similar to the daily bugle showdown set.

But I have to say the set titles really make me excited.Especially the Iron Man vs Ultron.Again the cheapest set with Iron Man,I mean what's not like?? :grin:

Same here.I hope it's something similar to the daily bugle showdown set.

But I have to say the set titles really make me excited.Especially the Iron Man vs Ultron.Again the cheapest set with Iron Man,I mean what's not like?? :grin:

Your right there! The sets sound fantastic, plus we are getting a Helicarrier!