CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Theres something bothering me about the ant man set (no not the minifigs heads). I didn't realize until now that the ant doesn't have any antennae, which is kinda odd since its what ants rely on the most. Nothing really affecting the sets value, just a little bit odd.

So they made a poster eh? Looks pretty cool. :wink::thumbup: :thumbup:

I don't know why they don't give them out in the stores or theaters anymore though.

Speaking of which, those who have seen the film: what role does Pym play in the final fight and does that suit he wears exist?

Speaking of which, those who have seen the film: what role does Pym play in the final fight and does that suit he wears exist?

He doesn't play a role. The suit represents his Ant-Man from the 80s; Hank never suits up in the modern day.

He doesn't play a role. The suit represents his Ant-Man from the 80s; Hank never suits up in the modern day.

Actually, I'm not sure that it does represent his suit from the 80's. We're lead to believe that the suit is completely unchanged - certainly cosmetically at least. I'm not sure what it's presence is other than to give us another cool minifigure and perhaps Pym in a suit would have been a bit boring!

black suit never shows up, but the sets does fantastic job of portray what you could from the movie...to bad we still don't have an MCU Falcon, cause I'd love to make the scene where he gets messed up by Ant Man

black suit never shows up, but the sets does fantastic job of portray what you could from the movie...to bad we still don't have an MCU Falcon, cause I'd love to make the scene where he gets messed up by Ant Man

Don't worry about that. We'll get MCU Falcon for sure next year in Civil War sets. :wink:

Edited by Legocity2713

Actually, I'm not sure that it does represent his suit from the 80's. We're lead to believe that the suit is completely unchanged - certainly cosmetically at least. I'm not sure what it's presence is other than to give us another cool minifigure and perhaps Pym in a suit would have been a bit boring!

I think it might have been part of the movie that was scrapped. Funko had the same suit as both a blind box figure and a Pop figure, and Hot Toys did too. That's the only explanation I can think of.

Also, I think I realized why Lego released the Winter Soldier promo alongside the Ant-Man set's release. :wink:

For those familiar with the Helicarrier microfigures, are they the same size as the "trophy" minifigs that appear in CMF series:

90398.jpg

If they are difference sizes, anyone have a side by side comparison?

Thanks!

For those familiar with the Helicarrier microfigures, are they the same size as the "trophy" minifigs that appear in CMF series:

90398.jpg

If they are difference sizes, anyone have a side by side comparison?

Thanks!

Yeah, they're the same size. :classic::thumbup: :thumbup:

Off course they are, they are both trophys

Edited by kevkipo

I think a yellow 2 by 4 brick would have better suited the set.

Just because it was flying around in a vacuum cleaner? :poke: I still think the set is very nice, and I like getting another Ant Man suit. :thumbup:

Seriously, enough with the spoiler tags - it's absurd. If you are that OCD about spoilers, maybe a forum isn't the place you should be.

I'm pleased Lego gave us an 'alternate' Ant Man suit, it also (ironically) threw us off as to how the final showdown would play out.

I think Falcon would have been a logical inclusion, but that scene was likely added very late to the film anyway and Lego probably wouldn't have known

Seriously, enough with the spoiler tags - it's absurd. If you are that OCD about spoilers, maybe a forum isn't the place you should be.

I'm pleased Lego gave us an 'alternate' Ant Man suit, it also (ironically) threw us off as to how the final showdown would play out.

I think Falcon would have been a logical inclusion, but that scene was likely added very late to the film anyway and Lego probably wouldn't have known

:sweet:

Technically, movie talk should't even be here and you never know who might have stumbled here looking for news.

Tags are simply done out of courtesy.

But yeah, I do agree with all your points, especially the alternate suit. :thumbup:

Edited by Legocity2713

Wilson? did you make that? if you didn't i don't see a reason to share that here.

If this were a discussion thread about the film, then I'd agree. However, if some people (like me) are coming through here looking for info on the U.S. Release of the summer Spider-Man sets, they shouldn't have to navigate a ton of posts about (non)spoilers for the film.

Speaking of which, has anyone found the Carnage or Rhino/Sandman sets at any North American retailers yet?

Got the Carnage set at Target in TX last week for my son.

Edited by hockeyboy89

So the ant man set isn't going to to be sold in Australian retail store that's just mad do lego hate Aussies or something