CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

This set makes no sense in terms of anything. WHAT IS THIS SET BASED ON?!

It's a hodgepodge combination of a lot of things. The set would be so much better with a bigfig Rhino

It's a hodgepodge combination of a lot of things. The set would be so much better with a bigfig Rhino

It would make more sense with a bigfig Rhino!

And don't say they can only have 1 new bigfig per wave, look at DC! Grodd and Darkseid!

And don't say they can only have 1 new bigfig per wave, look at DC! Grodd and Darkseid!

Look at purple-pants Hulk and Green Goblin! I think they were just trying to cash in on the ASM market by releasing the mech Rhino, even though nobody actually prefers that version...

I know :sceptic::thumbdown:

Look at purple-pants Hulk and Green Goblin! I think they were just trying to cash in on the ASM market by releasing the mech Rhino, even though nobody actually prefers that version...

Purple hulk isn't a new mould.

Honestly I prefer the mech Rhino, but a bigfig Rhino would have made more sense in the context of the set.

I'm one of the few people that actually liked ASM2 tbh.

At my local Toys R Us I found the whole wave of the new Avengers sets on the shelves (In addition to the new waves of Elves, Pirates, and Ninjago fyi). There was a bit of a scare when the two Ultron Drone sets I grabbed rang up with a street date notice (the 1st), but the manager was nice enough to sell them anyways. Notably, the sets were hidden in the Marvel/Star Wars action figure section rather than the Lego isle--so if your out hunting for the sets, that's an area to check if you don't see anything in the Lego isles.

Anyways, I bought two Drone sets and the Hulkbuster set. Both are simply amazing--and I think the Hulkbuster is my favorite mech Lego has ever built--it just blows my previous favorite (Lex's mech) out of the water. The scale is perfect I have to say. And I'm already having fun with the sets!

"Lookie Lookie; We Found us a Nerd!"

16589414946_23f4841e91_z.jpg

"There’s only room for one evil android in this collection—get em’ boys!"

---

Also, a few pages back I remember some discussion about using the drone helmets for Captain America; and whether or not it would work/look good. Turns out it does, for the most part. I think it fits very well, the only problem would be that the helmet has a lower down nose section, that covers the Cap's mouth. I do think it's plausible that Lego could use this piece later on for a helmed Captain America--granted with a slightly different printed head to fit the helm better.

16614411271_0be91be847.jpg

Just found the Hydra Fortress is available on the Canadaian Toys R Us site ready to be shipped! And it was on sale with a promo code.

Edited by Quicksilver

I do believe that was me who sparked that "Ultron/cap helm" discussion, and safe to say, I will probably buy two iron man vs ultron sets.

The spare Iron Man goes into armor figs making, the first helmet goes toward Hulkbuster Ultron, the second one will probably have that nose section shaved and the whole thing repainted "Metru Blue" and an "A" and some wings painted on.

For those of you on the fence about the Quicksilver set, if you get it during the double VIP points you essentially get $5 back. Every $100 spent is $5 worth of VIP points so when you spend $50 you get $100 worth of points. So it's kinda like spending $45 if you want to think about it like that. Not much of a difference but thought I'd point it out.

I do believe that was me who sparked that "Ultron/cap helm" discussion, and safe to say, I will probably buy two iron man vs ultron sets.

The spare Iron Man goes into armor figs making, the first helmet goes toward Hulkbuster Ultron, the second one will probably have that nose section shaved and the whole thing repainted "Metru Blue" and an "A" and some wings painted on.

Let us know how it looks!

Let us know how it looks!

It's not gonna be up for a while, the sets come out March 1st over here, and I also need to get paint.

I plan to use a Rebel Trooper head for the chin strap, can someone put an Ultron cap over it and show me how it looks?

It's not gonna be up for a while, the sets come out March 1st over here, and I also need to get paint.

O I know, I just meant whenever you get it done

WHAT IS THIS SET BASED ON?!

Like the Winter Soldier polybag, its based on both the movie and a tv series. In this case its a mix between Spider-man 3, The Amazing Spider-man 2 and the Ultimate Spider-man series. I get the feeling its Lego's attempt to give us the figures that we missed from the original Raimi line-up.

Ultron looks pretty good with those drones! :wub:

Indeed he does :3

Wilst at work (I work at argos) had a look at the age of Ultron sets apart from the quinjet. Although they aren't for sale yet they're still in the stock room. Being completely honest, most of the builds are terrible. The hydra fort is empty

, the avengers tower looks okay from the outside but the interior is terrible, and the hulk buster is far too big. Having said this the quinjet looks good and all of the figures look superb. Just next time I think they should have the same price but for an actual building not just a back drop.

Like the Winter Soldier polybag, its based on both the movie and a tv series. In this case its a mix between Spider-man 3, The Amazing Spider-man 2 and the Ultimate Spider-man series. I get the feeling its Lego's attempt to give us the figures that we missed from the original Raimi line-up.

Indeed he does :3

How is it based on the original movies? Sandman looked like that in the comics, too.

My friend is moving out of the country and was having his going away party so I took the road trip as an opportunity to scour the department stores for new Marvel sets.

Checked:

5 Wal-Mart's

3 Targets

2 Toy's R Us (Didn't check the Marvel action figure section though)

Found:

0 AOU sets...

It was a shame

How is it based on the original movies? Sandman looked like that in the comics, too.

The location and the figure style, plus the idea of him holding/hammering spider-man?

The more I think about the Sandman set, the more I think Iron Spider is the only bit I actually want. The build is nothing special, Rhino is nothing we couldn't make ourselves, Sandman is a bit underwhelming, and I have quite enough Spidermen now, though the leg moulding is quite nice.

Might just eBay Iron Spider and save £35. Or wait for a big sale.

Thank you so much K-nut, i love this set :wub_drool:

No problem! Overall, I really do like the set. It's not the best set of the wave, but it's good nonetheless. QS makes it worth it. :grin:

At my local Toys R Us I found the whole wave of the new Avengers sets on the shelves (In addition to the new waves of Elves, Pirates, and Ninjago fyi). There was a bit of a scare when the two Ultron Drone sets I grabbed rang up with a street date notice (the 1st), but the manager was nice enough to sell them anyways. Notably, the sets were hidden in the Marvel/Star Wars action figure section rather than the Lego isle--so if your out hunting for the sets, that's an area to check if you don't see anything in the Lego isles.

That's odd. Mine had all of the sets on the front display of the store.

No problem! Overall, I really do like the set. It's not the best set of the wave, but it's good nonetheless. QS makes it worth it. :grin:

That's odd. Mine had all of the sets on the front display of the store.

Hmm. I checked both TRUs in my area today (visited one, called the other), and they both only had the Tower set. Didn't check the Marvel action figure section, though...

I can't get over how perfect the new Black Widow is. She doesn't look like an old woman anymore, and that hair... :wub_drool: LEGO always does so much better when they don't use early concept art on licensed sets! I would have been furious with LEGO if Natasha was exclusive to the Helicarrier.

I can't get over how perfect the new Black Widow is. She doesn't look like an old woman anymore, and that hair... :wub_drool: LEGO always does so much better when they don't use early concept art on licensed sets! I would have been furious with LEGO if Natasha was exclusive to the Helicarrier.

I would've preferred if her and Hawkeye had some sort of exclusivity to them though. Arm printing, new facials...anything. The figs in the Helicarrier seem like such a last minute effort.

I know some people were talking about set accuracy of the Avengers Tower... i think its safe to say the scale is way off (Quinjet sized vehicle on the front...)

Gvc4zkM.jpg

Hope we get a UCS of that eventually. But even if we did, I doubt it would be large enough to land a quinjet on the deck.