CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

I just popped in to my local Lego store in Liverpool to have a look at the Helicarrier and the guy I spoke to seems to think Winter Soldier will ONLY be sold with the Helicarrier.

He was under the impression that there is a different promo figure for other sales. Now I'm not saying this is fact but that was his impression of things and to be honest he wasn't that impressed with the the idea that it was just a carrot to dangle for the HC.

He also thought the HC was £70 overpriced and should have been £199.

The HC wasn't on my shopping list so I'd be disappointed if it was being kept solely for those who buy the HC rather than being the regular promo giveaway figure.

I have to say the carrier was no more or less impressive in real life. Just what I expected it to look like really. It definitely didn't make me sit up and say 'Wow... I've got to have this!'. It's not something that strikes me as being worth the price of two Slave 1s.

I totally agree, its overpriced for what it is, it can't possibly measure up to The Death Star but somehow it fits in the same price bracket?? Ludicrous!!! I really hope Winter Soldier isn't a helicarrier exclusive only because i think thats a big kick in the face for Marvel Fans who don't want the helicarrier to limit such an iconic and well known character only if you buy something ludicrously expensive!!! The helicarrier is a nice idea but it just doesn't wow me like i hoped, stuff like The Milano, The new quinjet, The Death Star, Arkham. They have the wow factor but this sadly doesn't..

I just popped in to my local Lego store in Liverpool to have a look at the Helicarrier and the guy I spoke to seems to think Winter Soldier will ONLY be sold with the Helicarrier.

He was under the impression that there is a different promo figure for other sales. Now I'm not saying this is fact but that was his impression of things and to be honest he wasn't that impressed with the the idea that it was just a carrot to dangle for the HC.

The HC wasn't on my shopping list so I'd be disappointed if it was being kept solely for those who buy the HC rather than being the regular promo giveaway figure.

I have to say the carrier was no more or less impressive in real life. Just what I expected it to look like really. It definitely didn't make me sit up and say 'Wow... I've got to have this!'. It's not something that strikes me as being worth the price of two Slave 1s.

I saw the Slave 1 yesterday at my local store what a huge thing, i tought " oh so the Hellicarier is double the size?"

I wanted to get Winter Soldier. I really would not like it to be an exclusive with Helicarrier. If they wanted to do that, they should have released him in the set. This is kind of unacceptable.

For me, the Helicarrier is completely unnecessary to buy. The only exclusive character is a new torso with Wonder Woman's head common legs and an easy to get hairpiece, and one of the best minifigures (Black Widow) can be found in a considerably cheaper and more playable set. I feel like the Helicarrier is a clumsy combination of "play" and "display" and should have stayed with one or the other to make it more impressive.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Most, if not all, of the AoU sets are up on the K-Mart site. None are available for order. And none are available around me... :sceptic:

Yep for the US it has "Sold Out" and won't ship till March 16. I just hope it's avaliable during double points week or I will be severely disappointed. But I will be going to the LEGO store in Seattle so hopefully it's there during that time.

I hope Winter Soldier is still available as a promo in June because I was going to hold off buying the helicarrier until double points.

I guess we know pretty much everything about the 2015 Marvel sets now, right? The AoU sets have all been reviewed, and the images we have of the 3 summer sets are pretty detailed.

What do we talk about now? :P

I guess we know pretty much everything about the 2015 Marvel sets now, right? The AoU sets have all been reviewed, and the images we have of the 3 summer sets are pretty detailed.

Probably ramble on for a little, rant a few times, cry when we see the SDCC exclusives, rant some more, go off topic when big MCU news is announced, share how awesome Age of Ultron was until someone ruins our fun and tries to minimod, wait till someone posts pictures of the spider-man and antman sets, share our surprisingly good thoughts on the Antman movie, get yelled at again, talk about the new Lego Marvel videogame and be mad/happy at the preorder exclusive and most likely be mad at the retailer it will be available at, and then finally we'll move to the 2016 topic when rumors come in the fall.

Probably ramble on for a little, rant a few times, cry when we see the SDCC exclusives, rant some more, go off topic when big MCU news is announced, share how awesome Age of Ultron was until someone ruins our fun and tries to minimod, wait till someone posts pictures of the spider-man and antman sets, share our surprisingly good thoughts on the Antman movie, get yelled at again, talk about the new Lego Marvel videogame and be mad/happy at the preorder exclusive and most likely be mad at the retailer it will be available at, and then finally we'll move to the 2016 topic when rumors come in the fall.

And Then CIVIL WAR!

I'm going to bring some positivity to hellicarrier chat!as much as I think may be slightly overpriced this is one set that I knew I had to have from moment I heard about it!when I saw it it did not disappoint!have started building this morning and I am loving it!

I own the deathstar so will post how I feel it compares when finished!

I can't find where the 10687-1: Spider-Man Hideout was discussed. How old is that piece of news? I just saw it today. The Green Goblin in it looks not bad at all.

They are not all reviewed :sceptic:

I can't find where the 10687-1: Spider-Man Hideout was discussed. How old is that piece of news? I just saw it today. The Green Goblin in it looks not bad at all.

We've spent a good amount of time discussing the technical aspects of how his legs could include boots and how the set's not worth the figure. Look back a couple of pages.

They are not all reviewed :sceptic:

Jang Bricks did the Hulkbuster.

Just 2 Good did the remaining 4 regular retail sets.

Waiting on the Hydra Base!

Edited by Quicksilver

Indeed, that's not all :wink:

I'm gonna agree on the Hellicarrier front, saw it in the Metrocentre Store, was told no one else had bought one yet, just about to start building it. It looked great in the window and on top of the cool figs included, I got one of (what I was told were limited) these;

Indeed, that's not all :wink:

Oh, you :tongue:

Probably going to call Lego sometime tommorow about the situation, will be pretty annoyed if that is the case :hmpf_bad:

As for the price i agree, its over-priced for what the set actually is. Most likely this is due to Age Of Ultron coming out and them wanting to make more of a profit on each sold.

So wait. Is the winter Soilder having a March, June or Exclusively with the Helicarrier release date?

The answer is, we don't exactly know. Here is a gallery with an image of the exact information that TLG have given us, make of it what you will, personally I think it means the helicarrier is the only way to get it FOR NOW, and that it'll be available later through other means.

Don't forget my review of the Winter Soldier polybag ;)

The answer is, we don't exactly know. Here is a gallery with an image of the exact information that TLG have given us, make of it what you will, personally I think it means the helicarrier is the only way to get it FOR NOW, and that it'll be available later through other means.

Don't forget my review of the Winter Soldier polybag ;)

So if I buy the Helicarrier and I then return it to the Lego store, do I have to give back the Winter Soldier?

I just can't wait until June to get the Winter Soldier

Probably not. The FF have been pulled from Marvel for now as a protest to Fox owning the rights (and Marvel no longer wants them to). Basically, until Marvel gets the rights back, we're not seeing FF comics, Marvel Studios movies, or LEGO sets and minifigures. (Did I get that right?)

Edited by 8BrickMario

I wanted to get Winter Soldier. I really would not like it to be an exclusive with Helicarrier. If they wanted to do that, they should have released him in the set. This is kind of unacceptable.

Totally agree. Very disappointed.

Has anyone thought maybe one of the fantastic four will be a sdcc exclusive

Probably not. The FF have been pulled from Marvel for now as a protest to Fox owning the rights (and Marvel no longer wants them to). Basically, until Marvel gets the rights back, we're not seeing FF comics, Marvel Studios movies, or LEGO sets and minifigures. (Did I get that right?)

Yes, in short, MARVEL / Disney has no incentive to market FF stuff.

There is a dedicated "Future Marvel Super Heroes" thread that you can discuss further here:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=105704&hl=future

I dont understand why lego would release a polybag to only be realeased with one set. It just doesnt make sense. As a previous poster said why wouldnt they just include TWS in the helicarrier unless they plan to release it at another time?