CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

I was at Toy Fair today. Don't have much else to add to the BF report as far as Marvel goes, but the brick-built Rhino looked very well done.

I was at Toy Fair today. Don't have much else to add to the BF report as far as Marvel goes, but the brick-built Rhino looked very well done.

And how was the Quicksilver set!? does he look awesome!? :excited:

Of course he does that's a stupid question

Edited by kevkipo

What did Rhino look like? Is it like the ASM2 Mech: rhino-mech-asm2.jpg.jpg

Did Iron Spider come with extra arms ala 2917529-iron_spider_man___misda_colors_b

Newbie here and new to collecting :D second post!

Cheers dude! I am a massive SHIELD Fan so I need to ask - was it a SHIELD Agent who was generic? Also, was there a SHIELD Vehicle included? :classic:

Did you see any of the AOU sets? If so did you specificely see the Hydra Fortress set? I'm wondering about what is behind the main tower

Cheers dude! I am a massive SHIELD Fan so I need to ask - was it a SHIELD Agent who was generic? Also, was there a SHIELD Vehicle included? :classic:

No physical figures were present and the Carnage set didn't even have any prelim art apart from Miles Morales. It was just titled 'Shield Agent' though, so probably generic. There was a small flying vehicle of some sort but I didn't get a great look at it.

Did you see any of the AOU sets? If so did you specificely see the Hydra Fortress set? I'm wondering about what is behind the main tower

The AoU sets were there but I didn't get too good a look as I figured we'd already seen pics. The Hulkbuster looks much better in person though.

What did Rhino look like? Is it like the ASM2 Mech: http://www.joblo.com...h-asm2.jpg.jpg?

Did Iron Spider come with extra arms ala http://static.comicv...le_d50axwv.jpg?

Newbie here and new to collecting :D second post!

Rhino was more organic - not robotic like the ASM2 mech, so most likely not based on the film. The set is a construction site, with a crane and plenty of tan bricks for Sandman. Iron Spider did indeed have extra arms (in red, though that may change) like Carnage/Venom etc.

And how was the Quicksilver set!? does he look awesome!? :excited:

Of course he does that's a stupid question

See above for AoU - sorry!

No physical figures were present and the Carnage set didn't even have any prelim art apart from Miles Morales. It was just titled 'Shield Agent' though, so probably generic. There was a small flying vehicle of some sort but I didn't get a great look at it.

The AoU sets were there but I didn't get too good a look as I figured we'd already seen pics. The Hulkbuster looks much better in person though.

Rhino was more organic - not robotic like the ASM2 mech, so most likely not based on the film. The set is a construction site, with a crane and plenty of tan bricks for Sandman. Iron Spider did indeed have extra arms (in red, though that may change) like Carnage/Venom etc.

Thanks mate, I'm liking the sound of the Sandman set more and more every post. Gonna have to get some of the City Construction sets to expand the set more.

Sucks that there was no pics of the Carnage set but its good news that it is not a $13 set.

I have a feeling it will be sort of like the Doc Ock Set from last year, where we have a Villan attacking A geniric good guy's transportation and getting saved by Spidey.

Was the Sandman classic styling with the green/purple striped t-shirt and tan/grey pants? Did he have any special limb pieces to build weapons onto? Thanks for the great tidbits!

Sucks that there was no pics of the Carnage set but its good news that it is not a $13 set.

I have a feeling it will be sort of like the Doc Ock Set from last year, where we have a Villan attacking A geniric good guy's transportation and getting saved by Spidey.

The Carnage set looked like a $13 set size-wise, so I'm guessing it'll be around $15 - along the lines of the Hobbit Witch King set.

Was the Sandman classic styling with the green/purple striped t-shirt and tan/grey pants? Did he have any special limb pieces to build weapons onto? Thanks for the great tidbits!

Didn't catch a look at Sandman himself, apologies - I was attending for a film website so my focus was on Star Wars, Scooby Doo and Avengers. Sadly I was very much given a whistle-stop tour of everything else, though I suspect the folks at Brickset will be able to give more info.

Edited by The Kid

I thought you guys don't like USM (I personally do, I just thought it was funny how excited people are now)? Any who great news, but to be honest I don't really care about this I NEED TO SEE THE HELICARRIER SINCE ITS GONNA COST ME $450!

Guys just read the details about the Rhino! We are getting a minifigure that fits inside the brick built Rhino! So does that mean that this Rhino is based off the TASM2 one?

Hate the show, love the comic. It's great that we're getting a Miles Morales!

That was great, thanks dude. Off topic, but would you be able to PM me what you saw of Jurassic World - so your thoughts and what you saw basically. Thanks man - very appreciated. :classic:

Didn't catch a look at Sandman himself, apologies - I was attending for a film website so my focus was on Star Wars, Scooby Doo and Avengers. Sadly I was very much given a whistle-stop tour of everything else, though I suspect the folks at Brickset will be able to give more info.

Can you give us some details about the Scooby Doo sets??Like how big was the haunted mansion?? Edited by LOTR34

No physical figures were present and the Carnage set didn't even have any prelim art apart from Miles Morales. It was just titled 'Shield Agent' though, so probably generic. There was a small flying vehicle of some sort but I didn't get a great look at it

Did you get a good look at who is supposed to go in the Rhino thing. Also did rhino look more like this?

http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/rhino1.jpg

Or this? Far right.

http://thedailybugle.wikia.com/wiki/Sinister_Six?file=1sinister2.png

The Carnage set looked like a $13 set size-wise, so I'm guessing it'll be around $15 - along the lines of the Hobbit Witch King set.

Thanks for the info!

So small build with Miles Morales, Carnage and A shield Agent for CARNAGE SHIELD STRIKE.

Whoo! Finally new Spider-Man variants. And the best ones at that. And finally we get a SHIELD agent.Hope the set is cheap enough to buy the torsos and legs separately and make different agents.

I have to admit, as terrible as ASM2 was, I did like that Rhino suit… but then again, I have a thing for tech suits and powered armor. So, a brick built suit that Rhino sits in works fine for me. I mean, I'll probably rebuild it into an Iron Man armor, but hey, swings and roundabouts and all that. I'm not a Spider-Man fan, but I might pick the set up for that very reason. Plus the Iron Spidey set might be cool. Shame we've heard no more info about the AoU sets, but it's good to hear that the Hulkbuster looks better in person. Surprising that the Ant-Man set is so cheap, though. I guess that nixes the idea of us getting a lot of figures.

My sister will love the space sets, I may have to get her one of those.

The Ant-Man set is £20 IIRC. I was told it's based on the film, and includes Ant-Man and 'his vehicle'. Not sure about other figures but presumably the villain and an ally of some sort (my knowledge of Ant-Man is essentially zero, apologies).

Did you get a good look at who is supposed to go in the Rhino thing. Also did rhino look more like this?

http://www.spiderman...3/07/rhino1.jpg

Or this? Far right.

http://thedailybugle...=1sinister2.png

It definitely looks more like the first one... the horn/head was what stood out to me most. The rest looks as organic as it can with LEGO while remaining a decent size. To be honest I really like it, and definitely prefer it to a bigfig.

The Ant-Man set is £20 IIRC. I was told it's based on the film, and includes Ant-Man and 'his vehicle'. Not sure about other figures but presumably the villain and an ally of some sort (my knowledge of Ant-Man is essentially zero, apologies).

That would (most likely) be the villain Darren Cross/Yellowjacket and (probably) the mentor/inventor of the Ant-Man suit Henry Pym.

Question for UK fans: how much are the Captain America vs. Hydra and Green Lantern vs. Sinestro sets in the UK? The sets are $20 here, and each one has three figures and one vehicle, plus a smaller prop (Sinestro's cage thingy and Cap's motorcycle). If they're £20 in the UK like the Ant-Man set, then these three sets are in the same price/figure range and fits what The Kid's told us: a hero, a "vehicle" (a car? a giant ant for him to ride on?), and two other characters who are either both villains or one hero and one villain.

It definitely looks more like the first one... the horn/head was what stood out to me most. The rest looks as organic as it can with LEGO while remaining a decent size. To be honest I really like it, and definitely prefer it to a bigfig.

And yet still brick built? Interesting. Did it seem to have a Groot-like piece, like a big core piece that has nice details and stuff like that with the rest built out with more standard pieces?

Question for UK fans: how much are the Captain America vs. Hydra and Green Lantern vs. Sinestro sets in the UK? The sets are $20 here, and each one has three figures and one vehicle, plus a smaller prop (Sinestro's cage thingy and Cap's motorcycle). If they're £20 in the UK like the Ant-Man set, then these three sets are in the same price/figure range and fits what The Kid's told us: a hero, a "vehicle" (a car? a giant ant for him to ride on?), and two other characters who are either both villains or one hero and one villain.

Yeah both are £20 here. I'm pretty sure you're right, we get a £20 set with a hero, a villain and a third character plus a vehicle every year, this fits the bill and we haven't gotten one yet for 2015

It's not confirmed yet whether Hope suits up as Wasp in Ant-Man, but if she does it's a safe bet she'd be the third character alongside Ant-Man and Yellowjacket.