CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Isn't it confirmed that there won't be a winter wave of Marvel sets this year since nothing was unveiled at SDCC and only a Spring wave for the AoU sets to be shown or hinted at NYTF (& maybe one GotG set I'm hoping)?

Edited by Kire

Isn't it confirmed that there won't be a winter wave of Marvel sets this year since nothing was unveiled at SDCC and only a Spring wave for the AoU sets to be shown or hinted at NYTF (& maybe one GotG set I'm hoping)?

Possibly. That's how it was for the 2014 wave.

Tolkien beat me to the reply

Rocket's Warbird is the same kind of ship as the Milano(which is a Ravager ship),but more heavily armed.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Since Superheroes are evergreened I don't understand why we aren't getting multiple waves a year... :sceptic:

We do for Marvel. This year we had two (March with AA and USM, June with GotG and X-Men), last year we had two (January with USM, March with IM3), and 2012 had two (April with Avengers and X-Men, August with USM). :classic:

I doubt we'll see the Hulkbuster as a bigfig due to the fact that Lego usually has a one-bigfig-per-set rule and sets with bigfigs are usually $50 so one with two would be obscenely expensive. Also, what would the build be? Hulk and Tony are fighting in the street in the concept art so a set with a brick-built Hulkbuster and bigfig Hulk would be preferable.

I doubt we'll see the Hulkbuster as a bigfig due to the fact that Lego usually has a one-bigfig-per-set rule and sets with bigfigs are usually $50 so one with two would be obscenely expensive. Also, what would the build be? Hulk and Tony are fighting in the street in the concept art so a set with a brick-built Hulkbuster and bigfig Hulk would be preferable.

To not market a hulk vs iron man battle would be a huge mistake. It's going to be a big scene in the movie. Like I said earlier, Hulk Buster will most likely be partially brickbuilt around a centralized mold, like Groot.

If we were to get hulkbuster, its very likely to have small ball joints and have a mixel/groot look to him. Two big figs in one set would not make sense

So with the aou sets next year, they will have at least one more set right, maybe an avengers assemble comic based set with ant man and wasp, or a new spiderman web warrioors set, and I know the chances of getting fantastic four themed sets are super bad because of that marvel fox fight, so we'll discard fantastic four out of the speculation.

just a note on the cost of 2 big figs as we have already had hulk in 2 set surly it would not cost too much now unlike a all new mold

just a note on the cost of 2 big figs as we have already had hulk in 2 set surly it would not cost too much now unlike a all new mold

Well unless it was a hulk vs hulk battle, it would require a new mold.

Well unless it was a hulk vs hulk battle, it would require a new mold.

yes but my point was no new mold for hulk so its not lie getting 2 new big figs which would cost a lot

yes but my point was no new mold for hulk so its not lie getting 2 new big figs which would cost a lot

It would still cost money to produce the old hulk mold (which may include new colors / facial print) in addition to the cost of a hulkbuster. Putting two bigfigs in a set below $100 would be a huge losss for Lego so they'll probably do what others are saying and make Hulkbuster like Groot.

It would still cost money to produce the old hulk mold (which may include new colors / facial print) in addition to the cost of a hulkbuster. Putting two bigfigs in a set below $100 would be a huge losss for Lego so they'll probably do what others are saying and make Hulkbuster like Groot.

I wouldn't mind brick built but hope it is the main build in the set and its more like the exo suit than groot

While putting two big figs in a set would drive up the price, it wouldn't effect it as much as you say. Sure using the existing Hulk mold would still cost a little bit ( new face, and colours ), adding in a Hulkbuster big fig wouldn't raise the price above $100. You could easily haves BigFig v Big Fig set at around $35,and just cut down on the amount of pieces in the set. If you have around 250 pieces in the set with both big figs that would be perfectly fine, after all it will most likely be one of the most memorably sciences in the film, and kids will want to reenact it.so for LEGO to create a set around it and put it out of most peoples price ranges would be a miss opportunity to make a lot of cash.

While putting two big figs in a set would drive up the price, it wouldn't effect it as much as you say. Sure using the existing Hulk mold would still cost a little bit ( new face, and colours ), adding in a Hulkbuster big fig wouldn't raise the price above $100. You could easily haves BigFig v Big Fig set at around $35,and just cut down on the amount of pieces in the set. If you have around 250 pieces in the set with both big figs that would be perfectly fine, after all it will most likely be one of the most memorably sciences in the film, and kids will want to reenact it.so for LEGO to create a set around it and put it out of most peoples price ranges would be a miss opportunity to make a lot of cash.

Considering the fact that most sets with even one bigfig are usually around $40-50 I doubt they would have one as low as

$35. $100 dollars may be overpriced but I expect the set would be over $50 at least.

There was a castle set with two ogres that was, I believe, around $80, so I suppose it isn't out of the realm of possibility. I, however, personally doubt it.

Hulkbuster will almost certainly be brick built, and would be better that way

Edited by LMB10

Granted, they were the same mold, but what about this set? Two big-figs and only $100. I'd pay $100 for Hulk vs Hulkbuster. I'm not saying I think it's the best option-- just that it's not out of the question.

I can't believe that people are even debating that we'll get a Bigfig Hulkbuster - of course it's gonna be a brickbuilt one that a regular Minifig-Iron Man can fly inside and "dock" with. And a Bigfig Hulk, maybe some other minifig and some kind of scenery. A mid-range set.

Considering the fact that most sets with even one bigfig are usually around $40-50 I doubt they would have one as low as

$35. $100 dollars may be overpriced but I expect the set would be over $50 at least.

There was a castle set with two ogres that was, I believe, around $80, so I suppose it isn't out of the realm of possibility. I, however, personally doubt it.

Its 50 dollars because of the piece count plus the big fig.

Both of the Hulk sets contain about 400 pieces, which would put them at about $40. So a big fig adds about $10. So if LEGO drop the piece count by half and include two big figs you could price the set at $40.