CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

I noticed you live in England, so I was wondering where you found the new sets? Thanks.

I found the new sets in a few independent retailers located on the East Coast in West Yorkshire. I can tell you that both of these stores had the following sets:

Toymaster:

Had all DC and Marvel sets in the Whitby store par the Marvel Carnage Shield Sky Attack.

ToyWorld:

This store in Scarborough use to be a Toymaster as well but is now a ToyWorld. This one had all sets excluding the Sandman and Rino attack.

All of these sets were at RRP and I do know that both of these stores have websites. Hope that helps :classic:

I really hope the Sandman set gets reduced/saled somewhere soonish....I know it's only just come out. It's just really, really hard to justify that price point. DAT IRON SPIDER DOE!!!!

I noticed you live in England, so I was wondering where you found the new sets? Thanks.

Saw all of them and juniors spidey in smyths tonight!had hers spidey reduced to 24.99 already so picked it up for goblin!

I've been seeing a lot of dislike to the Rhino and Sandman showdown set, but I seem to be the only person who actually thinks it's a pretty good. I ordered that and the Carnage set on eBay at RRP plus £3 shipping. I guess I'll see in a few days when it arrives.

I'll probably post a review too since I haven't seen anyone picking up the showdown despite several people reviewing the Carnage set.

No your not the only one. I like the marvel location based sets. Plus the figures are excellent, and looking forward to modifying the rhino mech.

Here's a look at that new promo polybag!

17467838934_1f0af5417e_z.jpg

18063924296_6f4e9fba0c_z.jpg

This polybag is not very interesting. I'm not sure what the bad-guy is supposed to be, in terms of its comic counterpart. But it's an alright looking mechanical spider. The Spider-Man included is lame, as it lacks the dual-moulded legs.

Could we please restrain the Marvel Movie discussion to the darned MCU thread from now on?

With the summer sets coming out now, I want to read about other people's opinions about them rather than turning this Thread into an Age Of Ultron philosophy battle ground...

This polybag is not very interesting. I'm not sure what the bad-guy is supposed to be, in terms of its comic counterpart. But it's an alright looking mechanical spider. The Spider-Man included is lame, as it lacks the dual-moulded legs.

Thanks for the review. I might have gotten this set for the Spider Bot if I didn't have to spend $50 to get it...

Also only 7 more days until the Winter Soldier Promo starts for us in North America.

How many more days until we can buy the summer sets (Ant-Man specifically) ?

Is it out in stores yet?

I really hope the Sandman set gets reduced/saled somewhere soonish....I know it's only just come out. It's just really, really hard to justify that price point. DAT IRON SPIDER DOE!!!!

I know right! The Iron Spider is a superb minifigure in a lackluster set.

How many more days until we can buy the summer sets (Ant-Man specifically) ?

Is it out in stores yet?

In Canada, Walmart has them stocked on shelfs, and you should be able to get it at TRU, Lego store or Target in the United States in the beginning of June.

No your not the only one. I like the marvel location based sets. Plus the figures are excellent, and looking forward to modifying the rhino mech.

Oooohh! I'm looking to modify it too, please show us when you do it. I'm sure we'd all love to see it. :classic::thumbup: :thumbup:

Should I skip the hulkbuster and avengers tower sets and just get scarlet witch on eBay or something. Money's already tight without buying them.

Should I skip the hulkbuster and avengers tower sets and just get scarlet witch on eBay or something. Money's already tight without buying them.

What country are you in? If the UK, i have a Scarlet i am willing to part with for £8 including the postage.

Don't skip the Hulkbuster.

So are all sets being released next week for the US? I thought it was only Ant-Man and the others would come in August.

Oooohh! I'm looking to modify it too, please show us when you do it. I'm sure we'd all love to see it. :classic::thumbup: :thumbup:

Well I'm jumbling ideas but definitely adding fingers, changing the place where the figure is, and the feet.

Edit: Switching the figure's head too.

Edited by Marvel_Geek

So are all sets being released next week for the US? I thought it was only Ant-Man and the others would come in August.

The Ant-Man set was originally scheduled for a June 1st release in the US but might be delayed a couple weeks due to the stability issue that needed to be corrected. Everything else is slated for August in the US, but June in Europe.

Edited by Tragic Banjo

It's supposed to be a Spider Slayer by the looks of it.

It's supposed to be a Spider Slayer by the looks of it.

But since it is branded Ultimate Spider-Man it could be an Octobot too.

But since it is branded Ultimate Spider-Man it could be an Octobot too.

Lego's description of it on their website calls it a "Robo-Spider", so Spider Slayer could be it.

I personally think you shouldn't skip the HB set. By the way the HB set is scheduled to be shipped on 2nd June.

The Ant-Man set was originally scheduled for a June 1st release in the US but might be delayed a couple weeks due to the stability issue that needed to be corrected. Everything else is slated for August in the US, but June in Europe.

I haven't been on EB in a couple of days. What was this?

I found the new sets in a few independent retailers located on the East Coast in West Yorkshire. I can tell you that both of these stores had the following sets:

Toymaster:

Had all DC and Marvel sets in the Whitby store par the Marvel Carnage Shield Sky Attack.

ToyWorld:

This store in Scarborough use to be a Toymaster as well but is now a ToyWorld. This one had all sets excluding the Sandman and Rino attack.

All of these sets were at RRP and I do know that both of these stores have websites. Hope that helps :classic:

Many thanks - I managed to snag a Carnage set, along with the Flash Speeder and Batboat at Langleys toys in Norwich (a Toymaster branch).

They had the Sandman set too. They were missing Jokerland and Ant-Man sets, but far as I could tell all the summer sets were there.

Edited by Hellfyre

I haven't been on EB in a couple of days. What was this?

There was confusion somewhere along the line between the prototype stage and the production stage that lead to the ant's two sections and legs being really unstable. They're fixing all the sets and sending the extra needed parts and another page of instructions to all of the people who got one already.

Just saw the Dark World again, that movie really is in my top 5. Such an awesome movie makes me wish we had TTDW sets

And makes me want to visit Greenwich :grin: