CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

I saw Age of Ultron yesterday. I know some other people have commented on the accuracy of the sets and figures included but I thought I’d give my opinion as well.

Iron Man vs. Ultron:

• I don’t remember seeing Mark 45 armour in the scene but in all fairness I wasn’t exactly paying attention.

• The flying Ultron vehicle didn’t exist. In the trailers when Ultron brought all the sentries together the footage always stopped before they converged at a certain point, which made me think that they would be able to transform themselves into a vehicle. They could propel themselves up (as shown when they lifted the truck with BW and Vision’s pod inside) which may be where they got the idea from. Maybe it was a similar situation to the Loki’s Cosmic Cube set from the first Avengers film where they changed the script after the sets were finalised.

• I didn’t see any level of hierarchy within the sentries to warrant an “Officer” and generic “Soldiers” although the only difference between the figures is the helmet.

• In general I think this set was made purely for the sake of a battlepack.

Avengers Hydra Showdown:

• In all fairness this is probably the most unnecessary set from the line. In terms of accuracy it's probably the most accurate - the truck is shown and I recall seeing the HYDRA buggy as well but for £10-20 more they could have added this to the Hydra Fortress set and taken Thor out because I don’t think he was very prominent in this scene. Hawkeye was necessary in the set simply because he was shown a lot in the scene, and also it saves having to buy the Helicarrier for him or buy him on Bricklink.

Hulkbuster Smash:

• The hulkbuster itself was accurate, especially in scale to a minifigure. It wasn’t majorly in scale to the Hulk himself but to get that level of detail it wasn’t going to be in scale anyway.

• The prison (the thing that Hulk stands in in the set) actually completely encases him in the film, but this was probably dumbed down in the set for display purposes or to keep the price per piece ratio fair. Actually on closer inspection the flag pieces in the set actually say Stark Industries which didn’t really click because in the set it looks as if Scarlet Witch is controlling the prison.

• Following on from that, I’d say the figures are accurate to the scene. The main scene is between Hulk and Iron Man, but Scarlet Witch messed with Banner’s mind to turn him into the Hulk, and just before this scene in the film Iron Man destroys Ultron’s “Prime” body.

Quinjet City Chase:

• Ultron's "Ultimate" form looks pretty accurate bar the legs - he could have done with Woody/Jessie legs and arms because he is visibly taller than Prime.

• The Quinjet looks almost identical to the film. The truck could have been longer (as in the film there is space for several characters to stand) and the pod lid wasn’t transparent.

• The figures included were accurate to the scene, although as shown in the trailer it’s Black Widow that comes down on the motorcycle because at the time Cap is fighting Ultron. Also no-one comes swinging down on a rope but I’m guessing this is a play feature. Still mad about the colour of Vision’s gem but again this could have been a script change or a lack of understanding - the gem is yellow but comes from the scepter which is blue on the outside.

Attack on Avengers Tower:

• The building is accurate and captures the physical appearance of the tower well whilst only making it 3 stories tall. The individual rooms were accurate e.g. the Iron Legion factory, the Ultron creation room and the room with the scepter.

• The figures were accurate and all appeared prominently in the scene; Iron Man and Ultron for obvious reasons, there were 2 other Iron Legion soldiers in the film, and I suppose Thor’s there because of the hammer scene and he was sceptical of Tony’s intentions with Ultron in the first place.

Hydra Fortress Smash:

• All the figures were accurate to the set although another one of Cap’s bikes would have been appreciated here because his biggest contribution to the scene was throwing the bike. Glad Quicksilver was in this set because this was his introductory scene, but as mentioned with the Hydra Showdown it would’ve been nice to combine the 2 sets and have Hawkeye as well because this scene was a fight between Quicksilver and Hawkeye.

• The actual set building wasn’t very accurate. There wasn’t a visible tower to the fortress but the scepter is there. There wasn’t a gate that got knocked down but the trees were covered in snow so I guess that’s accurate.

Edited by MattieG7

Just finished Daredevil. WOW. This is one of the best things to happen to the MCU and comic book adaptations in general.

Just finished Daredevil. WOW. This is one of the best things to happen to the MCU and comic book adaptations in general.

I will give 8/10 for the daredevil

Thinking about picking up the Hulkbuster smash atmy local TRU in times square. Is it worth picking up? Are there any promotions at TRU right now either?

Worthy

I will give 8/10 for the daredevil

I think I meant to post this in the MCU thread. Oops. All well. Hopefully Daredevil isn't a Comic con exclusive. :ugh:

Just saw AoU, i only have one word for this...

EPIC!

So much better than the first one, i counted 8 awesome moments for me in total

Go watch it now :thumbup: Oh and... Stay for the end credits :wink:

Just saw AoU, i only have one word for this...

EPIC!

So much better than the first one, i counted 8 awesome moments for me in total

Go watch it now :thumbup: Oh and... Stay for the end credits :wink:

Only 1 scene after the credits?

About the Juniors GG set; Spider-man does have his own hideout across the various iterations. Lego's version is colored and printed this way for brand recognition among the target end user, and the parts choice is about getting the most value out of a recently designed mold. (How many people are waiting for the part(s) those pinholes are intended for?) The yellow figure puzzles me, but as I won't be buying this one, it's really not an issue.

Daredevil is not going to get sets, but I can't see MOCers not doing these. The most we could expect out of Lego (given the maturity of the show) is probably a polybag of a comic DD.

I am not likely going to see AOU in the theater, so I don't care about spoilers. Most of the sets hold little interest for me. I had been interested in the Hydra Fortress for parts, but that was before I saw the price. Maybe I can get just the fortress section on Bricklink. Quicksilver would have been good for parting out as well, but I don't need him..

The USM sets and the Ant-Man one are my current wants. Carnage, Iron Spider, and Miles Morales are the only figs I want as is this year. The sets I have major parts usage for.

Only 1 scene after the credits?

Yes, and a very quick but good one. sets the tone for phase 3 really well

Does the Quinjet set look fairly accurate to the movie. Or is the 2012 quinjet still better?

Well, i did spot some red stripes on the quinjet that the lego one didn't have, but the rest is spot on

I prefer the old one since it's more accurate - the AoU Quinjet is a lot more streamlined IRL - also it's bigger and better value for money as a set.

Has anyone tried to combine Electro's legs with Quicksilver, for a comic book Quiksilver?

I did, it didn't look that great.

I only just bought the new quinjet yesterday, and having not previously owned the one prior i cant compare them. But i can say that it is an absolutely wonderful set! Great playability on both vehicles. Great figs and a not-so-bad price per piece ratio, i highly reccomend it. I only had a few issues with it. But nothing against the design of the vehicle. The minifig selection while great could have used maybe just one more fig (dr cho perhaps?) and also to replace the iron man fig with a mark 2 war machine. Besides that, great set.

Mr. Bessa, if you are there, then i congratulate you on a fantastic design!

In 24 hours I'll be watching AOU...

How is this news? So will half the world! Keep it on target, or I shall become your shadow...

I was checking the lego store calender on the Lego website and it said that during May 13th-31st VIPs get early access to set but what set is comming out. We just got the KwikEMart. I know I probaly should't have posted this here sorry

Hmm what could that be...

Sadly, it's just the Ferris Wheel.