CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

I highly doubt Lego would put Black Panther in the cheapest set from a Civil War subtheme. He's probably going to be the Vision of the wave, in the most expensive set. Also, we are bound to get a few repeat figures.

Now i want to see what they have in store already! There's a very high chance we will see QS and SW again in Civil War :laugh:

I highly doubt Lego would put Black Panther in the cheapest set from a Civil War subtheme. He's probably going to be the Vision of the wave, in the most expensive set. Also, we are bound to get a few repeat figures.

I guess one of "repeat figures" will be Iron Man. It seems he in the Marvel sets and Batman in the DC ones are quite "ubiquitous" :wink:

I'm not complaining, though: I like to have multiple Iron Man suits so it's not a serious problem :classic:

The repeat figs in new outfits will probably be:

Scarlet Witch

Quicksilver

Cap

Iron Man

Hawkeye

Natasha

Wonder if we'll get any more Iron Man variants this year, like the comic con versions?

I suppose we will get repeated figures (figures released in more than one set that are identical) but those will probably be restricted to Iron Man and Captain America given they are the focal point of Civil War generally.

I suppose, though they have to scatter Black Panther and Spider-man in the sets for Civil War. Repeat figures might only be limited to Iron Man and Captain America.

Now i want to see what they have in store already! There's a very high chance we will see QS and SW again in Civil War :laugh:

Unless they get killed off or something :look: Not sure how they could have balanced teams if QS and SW choose to be on one side or the other xD

Edited by Scarilian

Wonder if we'll get any more Iron Man variants this year, like the comic con versions?

I suppose we will get repeated figures (figures released in more than one set that are identical) but those will probably be restricted to Iron Man and Captain America given they are the focal point of Civil War generally.

I suppose, though they have to scatter Black Panther and Spider-man in the sets for Civil War. Repeat figures might only be limited to Iron Man and Captain America.

Unless they get killed off or something :look: Not sure how they could have balanced teams if QS and SW choose to be on one side or the other xD

Hmmm... maybe like this?

- Cap

- QS

- SW

- Black Panther

Team 2:

- Iron Man

- Hawkeye

- Natasha

- Spidey

Hmmm... maybe like this?

- Cap

- QS

- SW

- Black Panther

Team 2:

- Iron Man

- Hawkeye

- Natasha

- Spidey

Sorry getting off topic.

I think Cap's team in Civil War will be similar to Avengers #16 in the late 60's where the line up was Cap, Hawkeye, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. Also Widow and Falcon will probably be resistance as well.

Also in 2006 Civil War comics, Iron Man enlisted the help of a bunch of rouges to combat the resistance. So it is possible we see Crossbones and Baron Zemo siding with Iron Man.

Something tells me that black widow won't be making an appearance in the sets or the movie.

because my theory is

***SPOILERS*** kinda

Joss whedon said that one of the avengers may die

black Widow is (unfortunately) a smaller character so that raises her chances of being the one to go

it seems we get to see a lot of her back story, maybe they're trying to get as much of her in as possible before they end her

her line "nothing lasts forever" foreshadowing?

hulk and her are infatuated and something happens to drive him insane and attack everyone, like the death of someone he loves?

scarlet witch uses mind control on her making her extremely vulnerable

just a theory though, a theory backed by ALOT of facts :classic:

just a theory though, a theory backed by ALOT of facts :classic:

The Russo brothers (the directors of CW) confirmed she is in the film already.

So the official avengers Facebook page just posted this

The Hulkbuster armour - developed by Stark & Banner, deployed by a satellite in low orbit around surrounding Bruce Banner - in order to contain the Hulk. Or at least, try to...

Which I suppose does help make the hulk buster sets scenario make a little more sense. If banner helped iron man develop the suit then it does seem more like a genuine rescue as opposed to an underhand move by Stark. Maybe once they fight, the Hulk will be contained in the cell found in the set until the Avengers can take care of Scarlett Witch/Utron/both and calm him down.

So the official avengers Facebook page just posted this

The Hulkbuster armour - developed by Stark & Banner, deployed by a satellite in low orbit around surrounding Bruce Banner - in order to contain the Hulk. Or at least, try to...

Which I suppose does help make the hulk buster sets scenario make a little more sense. If banner helped iron man develop the suit then it does seem more like a genuine rescue as opposed to an underhand move by Stark. Maybe once they fight, the Hulk will be contained in the cell found in the set until the Avengers can take care of Scarlett Witch/Utron/both and calm him down.

Disney showed the scene at an event.

The containment unit is to hold the Hulk, but he breaks out. It the forms the Hulk Buster.

I might be the only one of this mindset, but I sort of wish they would produce at least one set based off of the comics/cartoon each year. I like the movie versions better, but I would rather have new characters than dozens of outfit changes for the same characters every year. I still think it is awesome that a Lego Taskmaster and MODOK exist and I wish they would make some more characters like that, although I still would like to see a movie version Falcon too.

In other news does anyone else think the new Captain America looks better with the older darker red shield? I think it matches his outfit a whole lot better than the bright red shield of the comic figure.

Something tells me that black widow won't be making an appearance in the sets or the movie.

Spoilers tags might be best when posting spoilers; [spoiler.] [/spoiler.] (Just remove the '.')

As for your theory;

I might be the only one of this mindset, but I sort of wish they would produce at least one set based off of the comics/cartoon each year.

-Snip-

In other news does anyone else think the new Captain America looks better with the older darker red shield? I think it matches his outfit a whole lot better than the bright red shield of the comic figure.

I agree, though i believe they are starting to do just that.

Dont own it, but i prefer the look of the old shield.

Hey guys, would any one of y'all that owns the new cap, please put the helmet from the galaxy patrol from the collectible minifigures series 7on the cap?,i think it would look cool if you painted a white "A" on that helmet. Thanks!

What if the exclusive at comic con is Coulson :snicker:

I don't have a problem with that. The only appeal a Coulson minifigure has for me is being able to complete the cast from the first Avengers film. As a character he's ridiculously overated.

I don't have a problem with that. The only appeal a Coulson minifigure has for me is being able to complete the cast from the first Avengers film. As a character he's ridiculously overated.

exactly! he's funny and all yes but extremely overated

See the whole 1 Avenger will die thing, I'm almost certain it's going to be Quicksilver, it'll bond Wanda more to the team, he's not going to be much of a fan favourite and it just feels right to me.

Have you seen the new Avengers Age of Ultron TV-Spot?

I think, the Lego Super Heroes Quinjet is really fine and very similar to the "original". :laugh:

What do you think?

This is my Review of the new Quinjet-Set:

Edited by Zusammengebaut

I thinks unfair how the Hydra Fortress Smash set can only be bought in Toys R Us. What those whose nations don't have a Toys R Us or those who don't online shopping. This is why I don't think Lego sets should be exclusive to a certain country or brand of shop. What do the rest of you think? I'm asking as my nephews want the Hydra Fortress set and I can't get it for them.

About the future death possibility:

Cap "dies" during the Civil War storyline in the comics. Bucky takes on the mantle of Captain America in the black suit with the flag triangle. When it all ends, and Steve becomes Cap again, Steve gets put in charge of SHIELD.

Chris Evans (Cap) however is only signed on for one more film after AoU. So it'll be the Civil War. I doubt Cap will come back after bucky takes over. I heard talk about Stark taking over SHEILD

Chris Evans (Cap) however is only signed on for one more film after AoU. So it'll be the Civil War. I doubt Cap will come back after bucky takes over. I heard talk about Stark taking over SHEILD

I think he'll go in for renegotiation. He seems to enjoy it a lot. As much as I would love for a Marvel character to actually stay dead..