CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

The cinematic Milano has orange striping. The Lego Milano has yellow striping.

The color scheme is correct. The Milano has light orange accents, and so does the LEGO version.

The color scheme is correct. The Milano has light orange accents, and so does the LEGO version.

I guess so, but that sure does look like yellow to me where as the Warbird on the right is orange.

15850065711_8c5c2650fd_z.jpgLEGO Guardians of the Galaxy by cmay91472, on Flickr

Edited by Cmay91472

I guess so, but that sure does look like yellow to me where as the Warbird on the right is orange.

LEGO Guardians of the Galaxy by cmay91472, on Flickr

The Milano is yellow, the lighting makes it orange

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

The Milano is yellow, the lighting makes it orange

Now I'm confused. You are saying the Milano in the actual movie is Yellow, but the lighting makes it look orange? Or are you referring to the LEGO Milano? ... Because that is definitely yellow.

The color used on the exterior of the Milano is actually "bright light orange".

I think the color works well and there's really not many better options. Orange seems completely wrong, as does regular yellow. I do suppose dark orange would look well, but it would make the ship look quite bland actually. Personally I think the bright light orange looks great and accurate. Plus it makes the ship bright and fun looking.

The color used on the exterior of the Milano is actually "bright light orange".

I think the color works well and there's really not many better options. Orange seems completely wrong, as does regular yellow. I do suppose dark orange would look well, but it would make the ship look quite bland actually. Personally I think the bright light orange looks great and accurate. Plus it makes the ship bright and fun looking.

I think I found where the issue lies in regards to the color scheme. When googling, the majority of the artist renditions/renderings of the Milano ship have that light orange/yellow that the LEGO model has. However, screen captures from the movie are indeed orange. I even just went back and put in the Bluray of the movie and watched various scenes such as the shot of Starlord leaving the abandoned planet at the beginning of the movie and at the end when they rebuilt the Milano and James Gunn does use a much brighter/vibrant orange in the actual movie, the same orange that Rocket Racoons Warbird in the movie uses as well. So I guess the movie itself actually strays from the correct color scheme that the Milano is supposed to be and that's why I always expected the Milano to be similar in color to the Warbird orange.

So is the LEGO Milano accurate to the artwork..... Yes.

Is the artwork and/or Lego model the same color as in the movie.... Definitely NO. Keep in mind, I'm not saying the color scheme is wrong anymore after seeing artist renditions, I'm just saying that the Lego model is definitely not the same color as the cinematic version in the movie. See the below pictures to see the differences in color schemes.

16279630573_340480f219_o.jpgUntitled by cmay91472, on Flickr

16899703055_4217a61b62_o.jpgUntitled by cmay91472, on Flickr

16898777651_12cc452299_z.jpgUntitled by cmay91472, on Flickr

Edited by Cmay91472

Finally finished building the Quinjet City Chase set today. Pretty impressive jet but I am disappointed with the lack of jet engine at the back. It makes it feels a bit unfinished?

They aren't as prominent as the old Quinjet, but it does have two engines.

As I now own the Quinjet, too (and so the new Cap minifigure)... does anyone else feel that the bright red shield looks wrong?! The dark red one from the old sets looks way better in my opinion. Did anyone notice or am I wrong?

They aren't as prominent as the old Quinjet, but it does have two engines.

Oh i see what you meant with the flat red piece at the back. Almost missed it lol

When do people think we'll get a Daredevil minifigure, if ever? I'm excited for the TV show in a few weeks, and hoping that we get him in Lego form at some point soon.

Is the most we can hope for a polybag, perhaps with the Avengers videogame this Autumn, or could he even get his own set next year? Somewhere between the Civil War and Dr Strange sets, and the obligatory Spiderman stuff.

I would wonder if the new Netflix Daredevil show may be too dark for Lego. It looked like it could be from the promo I saw. Otherwise, maybe a classic Daredevil in a future comic-based set.

I would wonder if the new Netflix Daredevil show may be too dark for Lego. It looked like it could be from the promo I saw. Otherwise, maybe a classic Daredevil in a future comic-based set.

It's rated TV-MA so....probably not :grin: Doesn't mean we couldn't get a set with him eventually.

Edited by Ultron

We might get him in 2017/2018 with the Infinity War set, cause I read it's everyone vs.Thanos so everyone in the MCU including the Netflix heroes.

Though it is obviously out of scale, do you guys think the new Quinjet polybag fits on the balcony of the Avengers tower set?

Yes, it's a perfect size to fit the balcony.

When do people think we'll get a Daredevil minifigure, if ever? I'm excited for the TV show in a few weeks, and hoping that we get him in Lego form at some point soon.

Is the most we can hope for a polybag, perhaps with the Avengers videogame this Autumn, or could he even get his own set next year? Somewhere between the Civil War and Dr Strange sets, and the obligatory Spiderman stuff.

Unless he's given away as a polybag then chances are we'll get it either with Civil War sets or alternatively with one of the Spider-man style sets. Especially seeing as Spider-man is now branching out into more heroes and villains other than just spidey, though i dont think an Ultimate Spider-man tv series Daredevil has appeared yet...

Most likely we will get a comic book variant instead of the MCU variant though...

It would be awesome if they made just one set for the defenders tv show, seeing as how it might be a bit less dark, this way we can get all of them.

That would be the best way for this to go. I don't think "too dark" will apply in the face of 4 new superheroes with almost no new molds. I wouldn't mind a smaller $20-$30 set for each show, just to get into each character's respective bad guys (Kingpin, Purple Man, and whoever the big bads are in Luke Cage and Iron Fist) but a Defenders set seems more realistic and would be collectively cheaper. Heck, they could just make it a comic-based tie-in, like the Cap set. I'd honestly be surprised if we didn't see a Daredevil soon, with the hype around the show building up.

It would be awesome if they made just one set for the defenders tv show, seeing as how it might be a bit less dark, this way we can get all of them.

Almost forgot about that... yeah that seems like the most likely option, possibly 1-2 sets of that eventually as i doubt they'd release all the new figures in a single set.

Edited by Scarilian

I want to share my "two cents" on the fact certain characters may never see the Lego form because they are too "dark".

I understand Lego makes toys and so they must keep certain "plot contents" away from their franchising but they actually make sets from the Star Wars universe, which is about Galaxy-wide wars and destruction and one of its main characters (who we have seen in several Minifigures versions) made things than would make certain Marvel villains to shake in their boots.

Like I said, just my two cents :classic: