CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Guess so... I went to the LEGO store, wanting to buy the Iron Man vs. Ultron drones set and maybe Hulkbuster and "accendently" bought the Quinjet yesterday ( :blush: ). As the Hulkbuster was sold out ( :hmpf_bad: ) I took the double VIP points option and went for the Quinjet... so the only missing Avengers would be new Thor and Hawkeye. And for that reason that set is great :laugh:

Is the Hawkeye and Thor vs Hydra set worth it?

I almost purchased the set but then I realised it is actually a pricey set for no exclusive Minifigures, and 2 builds that aren't that amazing.

If your not getting the helicarrier its nice to get Hawkeye, but ya it's pretty disappointing.

I'd rather just Bricklink him.

I'm not likely to pick up the Avengers Tower set for a while, so I was looking at it for Thor and Hawkeye, yeah.

Thanks Scarilian - don't apologize man, you've offered me as much help as you can and I appreciate that! :classic: It's my Sixteenth in May so my Parents may be buying me the Helicarrier as a treat then - I just wasn't sure if I'd still get TWS with the Helicarrier if ordering in May! :sceptic:

Ah, could always advise them that if they are getting it you, to get it this month to be sure that you get the Winter Soldier polybag. Though other than that not really sure...

Friends, I picked up the xmen vs. sentinel set for cheap and started the first bag. Surprisingly, the sentinel is a good build and looks great. I'll be building the jet tomorrow. I think it might also surprise me, but what do you all think?

I was tempted to get that originally, mostly for pieces. Though felt the price was too high so left it. It seems like an alright set, though i'm disappointed that the Jet is not more accurate to the movie and while the Sentinel seems accurate to the comics i would have preferred it to be movie based. Price was also a tad too high for my liking £44.99 / $49.99 for 336 pieces, feel this should have been a £34.99 set at most.

Is the Hawkeye and Thor vs Hydra set worth it?

The Hydra speeder is the weakest vehicle in the range with the cannon on the roof not even being properly attached and ocassionally falling off despite a piece that attempts to hold it (Part of the Super Jumper feature) Replace this with a blue pin immediately otherwise you have no control over the upper cannon..

The jeep is slightly better in terms of a vehicle set though still very inferior to the 2012 Avengers jeep we got, this new one doesnt really feel like it has as much room and its difficult to fit the two Avengers in the vehicle. Though i suppose Thor can fly i guess, though that once again begs the question of why this set really needed a vehicle as charging in guns blazing is not normally Hawkeye's tactic.

Hawkeye is the better of the two figures with more accurate hair. Though i believe mixing and matching him with his 2012 version will provide the best figure given the facial prints on either head are almost identical with changes only to the expressions. As personal prefrence though i must admit i prefer the torso printing on the 2012 version as you can see the arrows on the back, though i do like the new print which is more of a jacket thing. Arguably i feel this is the best and most accurate Avenger from the 2015 sets (Including Quicksilver, Vision and Scarlet Witch)

- 2012 Hawkeye has angry without glasses and brooding with glasses

- 2015 Hawkeye has brooding without glasses and angry with glasses

9/10

- Accurate and compatible head printing with prior Avengers version

- Improved more accurate hair piece

- Leg printing

- Cheapest set to get the figure

Thor however i honestly find is a bit of a disappointment, same with Captain America and Quicksilver, he doesnt have leg printing. Its rather odd to see every other Avenger having leg printing while he lacks it and it ends up making group shots look akward as he has virtually the same legs as Captain America. He is almost the exact same as the 2012 version except for a more metallic (and slightly more detailed) looking torso print and arms, which is a shame. He has an angry and smug expression, which is nice, but he still overall feels like the weakest Avenger in this set.

6.5/10

- Compatible head printing with prior Avengers version

- Dual face

- No leg printing

The Hydra Henchman is a nice figure wearing what appears to be Chitauri armor scavenged after the events of the last movie. The back print definitely screams Chitauri despite having a Hydra logo. His two sided face print is interesting, not sure if the back print is meant to be the back of a helmet or an alternative visor-like covering for his face. Lack of leg printing is once again an issue, more so here than anywhere else as the figure goes from grey torso to white legs with nothing to connect the two.

6/10

- Detailed torso printing

- Dual face

- No leg printing

Summary;

While the set provides the easiest way to get Hawkeye, Thor and the Hydra figure, i feel the set as a whole suffers from being a vehicle set that really doesnt work. While the figures are overall pretty good with Hawkeye easily being the best figure of the set, i feel this set should have really scrapped the Hydra vehicle and just given us a slightly more bulked up black 2015 Avengers jeep instead, especially given the speedster is unlikely (Though possible) to appear in the actual film.

Best to worse (My opinion)

- Hulkbuster Smash (2 exclusive figures, cheapest way to get Hulk, build is literally another figure and an iconic scene from the film, price justified)

- Quinjet City Chase (2 exclusive figures, cheapest way to get Black Widow, vehicle build is spectacular

- Attack On Avengers Tower (2 exclusive figures, lots of play features in the build without sacrificing quality of build)

- Iron Man Vs Ultron (2 exclusive figure, cheapest way to get Iron Man, lots of figures for price, great army builder, build is lacking though unique)

- Hydra Showdown (No exclusive figure, cheapest way to get Thor, Hawkeye and Hydra henchman, vehicles feel a little weak)

- Hydra Fortress Smash (2 exclusive figures, cheapest way to get Captain America, over-priced and main base is too small)

Edited by Scarilian

That ranking looks spot on. I think Lego has done well with the AoU sets overall, there's only one I'd really class as poor, and that does have some redeeming qualities.

OK, so I've been thinking of getting some MCU sets to go with the Antman set I plan to purchase

Overall, which do you guys think is best, the new Quinjet or the Milano?

I've seen reviews and videos of both of them and I'm still not sure, as minifigure wise they both have advantages over the other.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ah, could always advise them that if they are getting it you, to get it this month to be sure that you get the Winter Soldier polybag. Though other than that not really sure...

I was tempted to get that originally, mostly for pieces. Though felt the price was too high so left it. It seems like an alright set, though i'm disappointed that the Jet is not more accurate to the movie and while the Sentinel seems accurate to the comics i would have preferred it to be movie based. Price was also a tad too high for my liking £44.99 / $49.99 for 336 pieces, feel this should have been a £34.99 set at most.

The Hydra speeder is the weakest vehicle in the range with the cannon on the roof not even being properly attached and ocassionally falling off despite a piece that attempts to hold it (Part of the Super Jumper feature) Replace this with a blue pin immediately otherwise you have no control over the upper cannon..

The jeep is slightly better in terms of a vehicle set though still very inferior to the 2012 Avengers jeep we got, this new one doesnt really feel like it has as much room and its difficult to fit the two Avengers in the vehicle. Though i suppose Thor can fly i guess, though that once again begs the question of why this set really needed a vehicle as charging in guns blazing is not normally Hawkeye's tactic.

Hawkeye is the better of the two figures with more accurate hair. Though i believe mixing and matching him with his 2012 version will provide the best figure given the facial prints on either head are almost identical with changes only to the exp<b></b>ressions. As personal prefrence though i must admit i prefer the torso printing on the 2012 version as you can see the arrows on the back, though i do like the new print which is more of a jacket thing. Arguably i feel this is the best and most accurate Avenger from the 2015 sets (Including Quicksilver, Vision and Scarlet Witch)

9/10

- Leg printing

Thor however i honestly find is a bit of a disappointment, same with Captain America and Quicksilver, he doesnt have leg printing. Its rather odd to see every other Avenger having leg printing while he lacks it and it ends up making group shots look akward as he has virtually the same legs as Captain America. He is almost the exact same as the 2012 version except for a more metallic (and slightly more detailed) looking torso print and arms, which is a shame. He has an angry and smug exp<b></b>ression, which is nice, but he still overall feels like the weakest Avenger in this set.

6.5/10

- Dual face

- No leg printing

The Hydra Henchman is a nice figure wearing what appears to be Chitauri armor scavenged after the events of the last movie. The back print definitely screams Chitauri despite having a Hydra logo. His two sided face print is interesting, not sure if the back print is meant to be the back of a helmet or an alternative visor-like covering for his face. Lack of leg printing is once again an issue, more so here than anywhere else as the figure goes from grey torso to white legs with nothing to connect the two.

6/10

- Dual face

- No leg printing

Summary;

While the set provides the easiest way to get Hawkeye, Thor and the Hydra figure, i feel the set as a whole suffers from being a vehicle set that really doesnt work. While the figures are overall pretty good with Hawkeye easily being the best figure of the set, i feel this set should have really scrapped the Hydra vehicle and just given us a slightly more bulked up black 2015 Avengers jeep instead, especially given the speedster is unlikely (Though possible) to appear in the actual film.

- Hulkbuster Smash (2 exclusive figures, cheapest way to get Hulk, build is literally another figure and an iconic scene from the film, price justified)

- Quinjet City Chase (2 exclusive figures, cheapest way to get Black Widow, vehicle build is spectacular

- Attack On Avengers Tower (2 exclusive figures, lots of play features in the build without sacrificing quality of build)

- Iron Man Vs Ultron (1 exclusive figure, cheapest way to get Iron Man, lots of figures for price, great army builder, build is lacking though unique)

- Hydra Showdown (1 exclusive figure, cheapest way to get Thor, Hawkeye and Hydra henchman, vehicles feel a little weak)

- Hydra Fortress Smash (2 exclusive figures, cheapest way to get Captain America, over-priced and main base is too small)

Thanks for the in-depth response! I think I'll take the plunge and maybe mod the vehicles later on. Thanks!

OK, so I've been thinking of getting some MCU sets to go with the Antman set I plan to purchase

I've seen reviews and videos of both of them and I'm still not sure, as minifigure wise they both have advantages over the other.

Any ideas?

Thanks

If you want characters to go with Ant-Man then I'd say the Quinjet. The Milano is a fantastic set, but displays it's would probably look out of place if Ant-Man is your only set.

- Iron Man Vs Ultron (1 exclusive figure, cheapest way to get Iron Man, lots of figures for price, great army builder, build is lacking though unique)

- Hydra Showdown (1 exclusive figure, cheapest way to get Thor, Hawkeye and Hydra henchman, vehicles feel a little weak)

Pretty spot-on. Only one thing - Iron Man Vs Ulton is all exclusive figures (the drones are only in that kit, and it's the distinct Iron Man MK XLV armor, not the XLIII armor which appears in the Tower, HuckBusta, and Quinjet).

Pretty spot-on. Only one thing - Iron Man Vs Ulton is all exclusive figures (the drones are only in that kit, and it's the distinct Iron Man MK XLV armor, not the XLIII armor which appears in the Tower, HuckBusta, and Quinjet).

My mistake, forgot about that. Edited it now :3

Thanks for the in-depth response! I think I'll take the plunge and maybe mod the vehicles later on. Thanks!

No problem hope you enjoy :3

Any ideas?

Thanks

Milano is better for figures containing pretty much all the Guardians other than Rocket and Groot (buying the polybag would solve that issue and allow you to fit a Groot in the ship) and putting the figures in the spaceship, build is designed around swooshability. Chances are that it'll be retiring soon given it was released over a year ago, might be better to pick that up sooner rather than later as the new Quinjet will probably be available till the end of the year atleast.

If you plan to get the Milano the best option i can find is Amazon, which is currently selling the set at £62.99 (£7 off the total)

http://www.amazon.co...p/dp/B00I4IWYCM

Quinjet is better for vehicle design being fairly detailed and a nice upgrade from the 2012 version. Design is mostly based around playability with the entire front half of the main build being based around a motorcycle dropping feature and as originally made the set doesnt have enough room to fit a figure standing in the back, however this could be modded to fix it.

If you plan to get the new Quinjet the best option i can find is Argos which is currently selling the set for £59.99 (£10 off the total)

http://www.argos.co....ber/3167562.htm

Personally i think the Ant-Man set would work better with the Quinjet, plus you have the fan enjoyment of having Ant-Man VS Ultron (Given Ant-Man originally made him in the comics) hope that helps :3

(Edit; Noticed you were in the UK so added links to the cheapest offers i can find)

Edited by Scarilian

- Iron Man Vs Ultron (2 exclusive figure, cheapest way to get Iron Man, lots of figures for price, great army builder, build is lacking though unique)

That's what i thought of the best to worst order.

Hawkeye is the better of the two figures with more accurate hair. Though i believe mixing and matching him with his 2012 version will provide the best figure given the facial prints on either head are almost identical with changes only to the expressions. As personal prefrence though i must admit i prefer the torso printing on the 2012 version as you can see the arrows on the back, though i do like the new print which is more of a jacket thing. Arguably i feel this is the best and most accurate Avenger from the 2015 sets (Including Quicksilver, Vision and Scarlet Witch)

9/10

- Leg printing

Thor however i honestly find is a bit of a disappointment, same with Captain America and Quicksilver, he doesnt have leg printing. Its rather odd to see every other Avenger having leg printing while he lacks it and it ends up making group shots look akward as he has virtually the same legs as Captain America. He is almost the exact same as the 2012 version except for a more metallic (and slightly more detailed) looking torso print and arms, which is a shame. He has an angry and smug expression, which is nice, but he still overall feels like the weakest Avenger in this set.

6.5/10

- Dual face

- No leg printing

6/10

- Dual face

- No leg printing

Summary;

- Hydra Showdown (No exclusive figure, cheapest way to get Thor, Hawkeye and Hydra henchman, vehicles feel a little weak)

That is a fantastic review. Are you planning on doing the other sets?

(In regards to Thor, someone previously in the thread had given the new Wonder Woman legs to 2012 Thor, and it looked pretty good).

If you want characters to go with Ant-Man then I'd say the Quinjet. The Milano is a fantastic set, but displays it's would probably look out of place if Ant-Man is your only set.

Thanks for the advice! As Antman does seem destined to join the Avengers, it would make sense to get a set with the most Avengers to join him.

My mistake, forgot about that. Edited it now :3

No problem hope you enjoy :3

Milano is better for figures containing pretty much all the Guardians other than Rocket and Groot (buying the polybag would solve that issue and allow you to fit a Groot in the ship) and putting the figures in the spaceship, build is designed around swooshability. Chances are that it'll be retiring soon given it was released over a year ago, might be better to pick that up sooner rather than later as the new Quinjet will probably be available till the end of the year atleast.

If you plan to get the Milano the best option i can find is Amazon, which is currently selling the set at £62.99 (£7 off the total)

http://www.amazon.co...p/dp/B00I4IWYCM

Quinjet is better for vehicle design being fairly detailed and a nice upgrade from the 2012 version. Design is mostly based around playability with the entire front half of the main build being based around a motorcycle dropping feature and as originally made the set doesnt have enough room to fit a figure standing in the back, however this could be modded to fix it.

If you plan to get the new Quinjet the best option i can find is Argos which is currently selling the set for £59.99 (£10 off the total)

http://www.argos.co....ber/3167562.htm

Personally i think the Ant-Man set would work better with the Quinjet, plus you have the fan enjoyment of having Ant-Man VS Ultron (Given Ant-Man originally made him in the comics) hope that helps :3

(Edit; Noticed you were in the UK so added links to the cheapest offers i can find)

Wow, I didn't expect you to go to such a level of effort there, thank you so much! :)

The prices really give me an good idea of where to get what, so thanks for that.

You made some really good points about availability too, so I've got a general idea of where I'm going.

Thanks again!

That is a fantastic review. Are you planning on doing the other sets?

(In regards to Thor, someone previously in the thread had given the new Wonder Woman legs to 2012 Thor, and it looked pretty good).

Dont want to take up tons of space with reviews, so will probably only review them if asked or if people desire advice on which to get so that i dont end up filling up pages :P

(Yeah, tempted to do that, but not much of a collector of the DC figures)

How did you get the GIF? It hasn't appeared in any trailers or clips yet.

Its from this one, an alternative version of TV Spot 2;

Wow, I didn't expect you to go to such a level of effort there, thank you so much! :)

The prices really give me an good idea of where to get what, so thanks for that.

You made some really good points about availability too, so I've got a general idea of where I'm going.

Thanks again!

No problem, i wish you luck on deciding :3

Any ideas?

Thanks

If you're going with Antman definitely get the new Quinjet. The figs fit better with together for sure. I prefer the build of the Milano, but the Quinjet has better figs in my opinion.

i haven't seen a lot of promotion for the new sets, that online code still isn't working... the only promotion i had seen was in the Lego club back in January and the TV spot on Youtube...

Any ideas?

Thanks

If you plan on getting BOTH, I would say get the Milano first. I love the Quinjet set as well, but that will be on store shelves for the rest of the year. Here in the US, the Milano is at "clearance" prices at a few retailers and who knows how much longer it will be easily available without having to go to the secondary market with higher prices. If you are only getting one, then that's a tough decision and I would still probably lean toward the Milano. I have a feeling that as we get closer to GOTG 2 (and especially if they don't release an updated version of the Milano assuming it's in the movie) that a lot of people will be regretting not picking up this set at its current "discounted" price.

I have a feeling that as we get closer to GOTG 2 (and especially if they don't release an updated version of the Milano assuming it's in the movie) that a lot of people will be regretting not picking up this set at its current "discounted" price.

My dream is they do a UCS version.

Maybe then, they will get the color scheme right.

The colour scheme is very right...

The colour scheme is very right...

The cinematic Milano has orange striping. The Lego Milano has yellow striping.