CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Where can i find deep link info, i don't know how to do.that. i have a flickr

I think there should be a guide around the forums. For flickr I think you can simply put the link in your post. In the event it does not "deep link" people can still click on the link and see the photo so I guess it will work :classic:

Sweet thanks! Sorry to everyone for interuption.

No problem. Sometimes it is not easy to find what we are looking among so many pages :classic:

Where can i find deep link info, i don't know how to do.that. i have a flickr

You can use the bbc code link option when you click on the share option on Flickr. When you paste it into the body, it should look like this then....

16591440219_01851a696b_z.jpgLEGO Avengers Tower v3.0 by cmay91472, on Flickr

That tower is amazing!!!!!! How many did it take to build it? That trailer gave me some new ideas for when I play. Speaking of which, is anyone else planning for when you play to use the hydra fortress as the entrance for the avengers assemble set that we got last year.

You can use the bbc code link option when you click on the share option on Flickr. When you paste it into the body, it should look like this then....

LEGO Avengers Tower v3.0 by cmay91472, on Flickr

Impressive :classic: So impressive I had to share it on Reddit. I hope it is ok for you, I gave you credit of course :wink:

Congratulations for your project :classic:

Impressive :classic: So impressive I had to share it on Reddit. I hope it is ok for you, I gave you credit of course :wink:

Congratulations for your project :classic:

Thanks BrickSev. I appreciate the positive feedback and am perfectly fine with others sharing on other sites What exactly is Reddit though? I've heard of it, but never actually have seen or used it before.

Thanks BrickSev. I appreciate the positive feedback and am perfectly fine with others sharing on other sites What exactly is Reddit though? I've heard of it, but never actually have seen or used it before.

To be honest I never used it until few days ago :classic:

It's a site where people share links to interesting things ( divvied in categories and there is a Lego category) then other people vote them and according to popularity those links should get some notice.

I just joined because a couple of friends kept saying it is a good way to share our Lego hobby, get some feedback etc and so I thought "why not" :wink:

I found your project interesting and so I shared it :classic:

EDIT:

Just a quick question :classic: Did you simply assemble the towers one over the other or did you have to make some modification to increase stability etc?

I'm very interested in upgrading my tower so any info would help me a lot. Thank you :classic:

Edited by BrickSev

EDIT:

Just a quick question :classic: Did you simply assemble the towers one over the other or did you have to make some modification to increase stability etc?

I'm very interested in upgrading my tower so any info would help me a lot. Thank you :classic:

It actually took quite a few modifications for both stability and aesthetics.

Stability wise, the biggest issue is the LEGO design (those that have the set will know what I'm talking about) has 1x1 bricks next to the 1x12 bricks. This is fine for the original design of the set. But as it got taller and taller, it became more unstable when I would move it, so I needed to "sister" each 1x12 brick with another 1x12 brick and the result was a significantly sturdier tower.

I also modified each floor so it would be light grey bricks on either side of the dark grey plates. This also improves overall stability as well as cosmetically making everything symetrical, which in the original set is not when you get to the upper section by the balcony.

Obviously as you build downwards, each floor needs to be larger than the one above. This required a lot more dark grey bricks than what I anticipated and had to disassemble a couple of other sets for those pieces as well as for additional 1x12 bricks.

The most challenging pieces to come up with for most will probably be the trans-light blue pieces. From my count, even if you bought three towers, you would still be short by quite a few. Luckily, I had plenty of trans-light blue pieces that I ordered for MOCs such as my "Tron" style Batman MOCs and Iron Man MOCs. To build the top floor, I took apart Lord Business' evil lair and used the small trans-light blue windows to create that mosaic trans-light blue wall as well as for the sides of the inverted sloped part of the balcony window.

The only thing I didn't get to do that I wanted to was for the bottom floor, I wanted to use eight trans-light blue 2x6 bricks (4 on each side) so it would be like a descending pyramid style with those pieces, but I couldn't bring myself to take apart one of my Iron Man MOCs for those eight bricks so wound up using door frame pieces instead.

Hope this helps. More than happy to answer any other questions anyone might have if they are trying to build one themselves.

It actually took quite a few modifications for both stability and aesthetics.

Stability wise, the biggest issue is the LEGO design (those that have the set will know what I'm talking about) has 1x1 bricks next to the 1x12 bricks. This is fine for the original design of the set. But as it got taller and taller, it became more unstable when I would move it, so I needed to "sister" each 1x12 brick with another 1x12 brick and the result was a significantly sturdier tower.

I also modified each floor so it would be light grey bricks on either side of the dark grey plates. This also improves overall stability as well as cosmetically making everything symetrical, which in the original set is not when you get to the upper section by the balcony.

Obviously as you build downwards, each floor needs to be larger than the one above. This required a lot more dark grey bricks than what I anticipated and had to disassemble a couple of other sets for those pieces as well as for additional 1x12 bricks.

The most challenging pieces to come up with for most will probably be the trans-light blue pieces. From my count, even if you bought three towers, you would still be short by quite a few. Luckily, I had plenty of trans-light blue pieces that I ordered for MOCs such as my "Tron" style Batman MOCs and Iron Man MOCs. To build the top floor, I took apart Lord Business' evil lair and used the small trans-light blue windows to create that mosaic trans-light blue wall as well as for the sides of the inverted sloped part of the balcony window.

The only thing I didn't get to do that I wanted to was for the bottom floor, I wanted to use eight trans-light blue 2x6 bricks (4 on each side) so it would be like a descending pyramid style with those pieces, but I couldn't bring myself to take apart one of my Iron Man MOCs for those eight bricks so wound up using door frame pieces instead.

Hope this helps. More than happy to answer any other questions anyone might have if they are trying to build one themselves.

Thank you very much for the very detailed info.

I knew there would have been a stability issue. It's inevitable after all :classic:

The high number of additional pieces may be a problem for me since I'm quite low on them right now and I don't want to dismantle other sets for them. Once I build something I always try to not disassemble it, just a personal preference.

Thank you again for the info and keep up the great work :classic:

I love your Avengers tower mod! It's awesome!

Muhahahhahahahahaaaaa

Someone's done this. Too cute!

I actually like this as a replacement to the current Hulkbuster if we had something more in scale with the Hulk big fig.

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

Do you think we should expect a Lego-fied movie poster for AoU this year? We got one for the first Avengers movie.

We have a pretty good look at the Quinjet in the latest trailer - can anyone see if it's blue and white, like in the Lego set? The scenes are way too fast for me to tell, heh.

Anyway, thanks for the input. I think I'll still get the Quinjet, though its interior isn't as good as I wanted it to be. It's still a nice vehicle and comes with a ton of desirable minifigs.

We have a pretty good look at the Quinjet in the latest trailer - can anyone see if it's blue and white, like in the Lego set? The scenes are way too fast for me to tell, heh.

Anyway, thanks for the input. I think I'll still get the Quinjet, though its interior isn't as good as I wanted it to be. It's still a nice vehicle and comes with a ton of desirable minifigs.

yes i can quite see it,

Do you think we should expect a Lego-fied movie poster for AoU this year? We got one for the first Avengers movie.

I really expect it yes