CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Anyone know why Hydra Fortress Smash set didn't have a comic book and wasn't part of the comic book in other sets?

It's a retailer exclusive. Same thing happned to the Brainiac attack. A little odd that the comic does show Thor and Hawkeye getting the scepter out of nowhere.

Anyone know why Hydra Fortress Smash set didn't have a comic book and wasn't part of the comic book in other sets?

Might be because it's a retailer exclusive

Looks like the same face they'll now use for the next 3 years for females.

So true. I find it funny that out of the 3 females we're getting in this wave (Black Widow, Maria Hill, and Scarlet Witch) only 1 of them has new face printing. Yet all of the males get new face printing.

Yet all of the males get new face printing.

This is not true. Tony Stark has an exclusively Tony Stark face, but it's not new. Cap in the Helicarrier has Obi-Wan's head. Hawkeye couldn't use an existing head if he was to have goggles face. LEGO doesn't have an existing face that matches Quicksilver's stubble that I can think of, or Von Strucker's look. The only male who perhaps didn't need a new face is Thor.

Noticed at one of my local Toys R Us locations that they increased the prices on all of the Avengers sets. From what I recall:

Quinjet $84.99

Tower $64.99

Fortress $54.99

Hulkbuster $32.99

Noticed at one of my local Toys R Us locations that they increased the prices on all of the Avengers sets. From what I recall:

Quinjet $84.99

Tower $64.99

Fortress $54.99

Hulkbuster $32.99

I though ToysRus would only follow official recommended price

My local Wal-Mart (in West Virginia) has some of the new Avengers sets. Namely the Hulkbuster, the Hydra Showdown, Avengers Tower, and the tiny Iron Man army builder thing. Sadly, no Quinjet, which is one of my definite buys. I'll be getting the Hulkbuster as soon as I can (which will be soon, since they replaced the Gorilla Grodd set with Avengers stuff :angry: )

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

This is not true. Tony Stark has an exclusively Tony Stark face, but it's not new. Cap in the Helicarrier has Obi-Wan's head. Hawkeye couldn't use an existing head if he was to have goggles face. LEGO doesn't have an existing face that matches Quicksilver's stubble that I can think of, or Von Strucker's look. The only male who perhaps didn't need a new face is Thor.

Oooh one whole male character gets a reused face when his old faces were already perfect. Big whoop. And the faces for Maria Hill and SW do not work and they deserved new face printing. The point is is that we always get shorted on our female figures because I guess Lego doesn't think we care about them as much.

Quinjet $84.99

Tower $64.99

Fortress $54.99

Hulkbuster $32.99

I though ToysRus would only follow official recommended price

That's just the normal Toys R Us markup--they rarely if ever sell anything at it's actual listed price; it's almost always more expensive. New sets at Toys R Us can sometimes be found for their actual price before their street date for sale however--but once that date comes (or soon after) they jack up the prices. Incidentilly this is why it's nice to finds new sets at Toys R Us, because (as in the case with these Avengers sets) they often end up selling them way early at their actual price, before they realize that (aside from the fact that they are not supposed to be selling them) and they increase the price to let stock sit on their shelves for months. Toys R Us logic apparently.

---

In an interesting Toys R Us story, I recently about a week ago (so before the street date) bought the Hawkeye set; and as I came to the cash register, it rank up with an error (since their system does not want it to be sold! This happend a week before that when I bought the Hulkbuster); and the employee--clearly annoyed--radioed to his manager loudly, "the Lego thing again!" Obviously that was happening a lot, and when the manager came (who allowed me to buy the set), the employee said to her, "we just need to take these off the shelves, this is happening like every minute."

Well I thought to myself at that moment--Toys R Us employees, don't put out 10 of every new Avengers set on the shelves and get upset when people want to buy them! Oh Toys R Us...it's always some kind if experience when you go there.

Oooh one whole male character gets a reused face when his old faces were already perfect. Big whoop. And the faces for Maria Hill and SW do not work and they deserved new face printing. The point is is that we always get shorted on our female figures because I guess Lego doesn't think we care about them as much.

I care about Scarlet Witch :cry_sad:

In an interesting Toys R Us story, I recently about a week ago (so before the street date) bought the Hawkeye set; and as I came to the cash register, it rank up with an error (since their system does not want it to be sold! This happend a week before that when I bought the Hulkbuster); and the employee--clearly annoyed--radioed to his manager loudly, "the Lego thing again!" Obviously that was happening a lot, and when the manager came (who allowed me to buy the set), the employee said to her, "we just need to take these off the shelves, this is happening like every minute."

Well I thought to myself at that moment--Toys R Us employees, don't put out 10 of every new Avengers set on the shelves and get upset when people want to buy them! Oh Toys R Us...it's always some kind if experience when you go there.

Sorry not LEGO related but TRU related. When I was around 10 I went in with a gift card to a store in the city about an hour from my city because the one we had closed a couple years back. I tried to but some Power Ranger action figures with it. But apparently if you didn't use the gift card within a certain amount of months, you would loose credit on it. So by the time I wanted to use it, there was no credit left. I genuinely dislike ToysRUs for this reason and because they mark up their prices for LEGO when no one else does. And then they try to make it better by giving coupons and discounts that just bring the price down to what it should be. :angry:

The point is is that we always get shorted on our female figures because I guess Lego doesn't think we care about them as much.

That's not true. While I would love more female faces, it makes perfect sense that they would share a face for two characters with red-eye related powers. Even for other figures, it makes sense to not make dozens of female faces, because the female face simply has less variety. That girls don't have facial hair is the big one, but even then, there's only so much variation among girls' eyebrows and lips. While more exp<b></b>ressions would certainly be nice, there's not nearly as much reason for Lego to spend money on new female prints as there is for new male prints. *shrug*

As was pointed out, when they already have a face that is "good enough" for a male character, they reuse it.

Edited by JaseTJ

That's not true. While I would love more female faces, it makes perfect sense that they would share a face for two characters with red-eye related powers. Even for other figures, it makes sense to not make dozens of female faces, because the female face simply has less variety. That girls don't have facial hair is the big one, but even then, there's only so much variation among girls' eyebrows and lips. While more expressions would certainly be nice, there's not nearly as much reason for Lego to spend money on new female prints as there is for new male prints. *shrug*

As was pointed out, when they already have a face that is "good enough" for a male character, they reuse it.

I disagree. Females have different face structures just as men do. And while it might make sense to reuse faces between comic characters, it really isn't okay when you're trying to represent an actress or an actor but you instead are using a generic face. It's almost insulting. Cobie Smulders resembles wonder woman but she doesn't look exactly like her. Elizabeth Olsen looks nothing like Supergirl. The red eyes work but they could've printed a more accurate resting face for her.

I disagree. Females have different face structures just as men do. And while it might make sense to reuse faces between comic characters, it really isn't okay when you're trying to represent an actress or an actor but you instead are using a generic face. It's almost insulting. Cobie Smulders resembles wonder woman but she doesn't look exactly like her. Elizabeth Olsen looks nothing like Supergirl. The red eyes work but they could've printed a more accurate resting face for her.

While your point is understandable regarding the Ultron sets, regarding the DC Comics you mention we must consider they are not exclusively made to represent the characters from the movies but most likely the comics version of the comics.

However I agree with you regarding the use of "generic faces". Unique characters should have unique headpieces, in my opinion :classic:

But Supergirls eye lashes are brown. So I'm pretty sure the head was made for Scarlet Witch before Supergirl.

Brilliant moc by a brilliant lego enthusiast

Going to be putting some of these into play.

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

But Supergirls eye lashes are brown. So I'm pretty sure the head was made for Scarlet Witch before Supergirl.

You think so? Has something like this ever happened before?