CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Seriously? They have totally different bodies. It's a much more substantial change than Iron man armours which essentially get a new paint job and are considered an upgrade.

They still have the curves breastplates, and the heads are almost identical. They aren't as pronounced on the Hot Toys model, but they are there.

It could also be a deal where he keeps adding and evolving throughout the movie, and the vibranium covering is the final piece.

I don't know if it is mentioned yet, but is it possible LEGO saw prelim images of Ultron and got the heads mixed up on Ultron Prime and Ultimate Ultron? It would just seem a natural progression to go with Ultron Prime having the same head as the Iron Legion drones, and then as he upgrades himself to be more organic to have the robotic eyes. These two magazine covers make me believe that it could possibly be the case.

Ultron Prime:

and then Ultimate Ultron:

Minifigure wise it is an easy fix. Just swap the heads from the two Ultrons and use the helmet piece off of the Ultron Drone in the smallest set and then both Ultrons look better and more movie accurate in my opinion.

Thanks!

It looks great!

DSC03681-2_zpsjnnplk7o.jpg

So is Vision not movie accurate? Because that would mean that you couldn't really use him.

Well he's a limer green than he is in the movie and also the solar jewel (which I shall be calling it because I refuse to believe it's an infinity stone) is supposed to be yellow but the Lego version has it as blue. Still usable, but I will definitely replace him with a classic Vision if we ever get one.

But in the movie, he has three mentionable forms: Ultron Mark 1 (the very first form of Ultron), Ultron Prime (the main form of Ultron throughout the movie) and Ultimate Ultron (Ultron's final form).

I have a feeling there will be stuff we only find out about when the film releases, such as Ultron's final form. So far we've seen only his mangled first form and his human like "There are no strings on me" form. I think we heard that there would be an evolution of Ultron throughout the film, so in my opinion it's likely we haven't seen it all yet.

The film is 2hrs 40 long, so I have a feeling there's a whole final third or so we've seen very little of in the trailers. Probably featuring Vision.

Just a suggestion as to the color of the stone on the Vision 'fig: perhaps at some point he is affected by Loki's staff and thus the gem is blue, rather than it actually being a piece of the infinity stone.

I have a feeling there will be stuff we only find out about when the film releases, such as Ultron's final form. So far we've seen only his mangled first form and his human like "There are no strings on me" form. I think we heard that there would be an evolution of Ultron throughout the film, so in my opinion it's likely we haven't seen it all yet.

The film is 2hrs 40 long, so I have a feeling there's a whole final third or so we've seen very little of in the trailers. Probably featuring Vision.

This. There will still be surprises in the film.

Has anyone modded groot to make him more accurate?

I sorta deemed it impossible seeing as how even the mold for his head/chest is far too big, i believe decool made a custom mold, to maybe buy that one, chop the head off, drill a hole into it, and then use it on a normal elongated minifigure and paint or even stick on designs from the set and the rocket polybag.

seeing as how groot can change his mass, its not really a big problem for me, I can wait for 2017, when they most definately give us a brick built groot. there's been too many complaints for them not too.

Hot Toys also just released these toys, where it looks like Ultron Prime is the robot on the cover of the magazine I posted earlier? Now I am even more confused as Hot Toys themselves are calling two different versions of Ultron, Ultron Prime. Maybe I will just wait for the movie to see how to make the minifigures as accurate as possible :laugh:

image21-1440x564_c.jpg

Ultron SENTRY Prime and Ultron SENTRY. Those are the soldiers. The big scary robot dude that looks an awful lot like the comicbook Ultron on that Entertainment Weekly cover? That's just a random soldier, just a later design of them.

I just go the Hulk Buster, and although it is a bit too big, it's still a great build and a very solid set. My only real gripe is the blue pieces included representing Scarlet Witch's power...really wish they were recolored in trans-red.

I just go the Hulk Buster, and although it is a bit too big, it's still a great build and a very solid set. My only real gripe is the blue pieces included representing Scarlet Witch's power...really wish they were recolored in trans-red.

Yes, especially after watching trailer 3

Hot Toys also just released these toys, where it looks like Ultron Prime is the robot on the cover of the magazine I posted earlier? Now I am even more confused as Hot Toys themselves are calling two different versions of Ultron, Ultron Prime. Maybe I will just wait for the movie to see how to make the minifigures as accurate as possible :laugh:

image21-1440x564_c.jpg

Those are flippin adorable :purrr:

Question about the summer Marvel sets. So are the Spider-Man sets really being sold at a time separate from the Ant-Man set? I noticed the signs for them at the most recent toy fair showed August release for Spidey and June for Ant-Man. It feels a bit odd to release 1 set earlier than the others.

Question about the summer Marvel sets. So are the Spider-Man sets really being sold at a time separate from the Ant-Man set? I noticed the signs for them at the most recent toy fair showed August release for Spidey and June for Ant-Man. It feels a bit odd to release 1 set earlier than the others.

I believe those are the correct dates, I think the reasons for the split is to give the Avengers sets some breathing space, sales wise and then introduce the beloved Spidey with Christmas in mind

Hydra Fortress at £50 is silly money

Otherwise the prices are reasonable. Would be nice if the Quinjet was £60 as rumoured but £70 is still fair.

Of course the US still gets a much better deal. To top it all off they'll get Winter Soldier for $75 while we have to fork out £270 on a set of questionable quality.

Swedish price for Hydra Fortress is absolutely ridicolous, 699 SEK or 55 GBP/80+ USD. That's absurd, especially since it's supposed to be in the middle between the Hulkbuster and the Avengers Tower. In the US, the difference between them is 20 bucks, in England it's 15 GBP, In Sweden it's a whopping 300 sek (35 USD/23 GBP)

Rant over, I ordered 3 of the Ultron armybuilders. How many are you getting? It's a really nice army builder, since you can probably sell off the excess Iron Men for atleast 5 bucks or so.

I came in here to moan about the Hydra Fortress price, but I can see we're all quite upset!

It's very frustrating. It's exclusive so it's not on amazon, which likely means won't hit sales. I just cannot justify £50 for A) Such a poor set but B) with only 405 pieces. Absolute joke. Although, if you're not content paying £50 for it, you can pay £60 for it from Toys R Us.

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Toys/Construction/Lego-Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-Hydra-Fortress-Smash-76041(0147033)

Anyway, I've got all the sets apart from this one now and really like them! The Quinjet is really nice in particular.

I love the new Quinjet it looks stunning, but I'm curious if others share this feeling, in that I really don't like it's rear it looks to boxy.

I love the new Quinjet it looks stunning, but I'm curious if others share this feeling, in that I really don't like it's rear it looks to boxy.

True it does look boxy at the back, but the addition of the cargo space, be it small, makes up for it.

Anyone know of any non-video reviews of the Quinjet? Just old fashioned pictures and words. YouTube reviews are nice but pictures give much better quality than paused video.

Anyone know of any non-video reviews of the Quinjet? Just old fashioned pictures and words. YouTube reviews are nice but pictures give much better quality than paused video.

Actually I was planning to write "old fashioned" reviews for my blog than I realized nobody cares about them since they all want to see YouTube videos and sadly I have not a lot of time for making high quality YouTube videos.

Even I prefer the "old fashioned" reviews. Those videos are usually 15 minutes long soliloquies lol :wink: and honestly it takes more effort to get an opinion on the set than simply reading a written review with some high quality photos :classic:

Im not sure where to find old fashined reviews, but mgf customs always makes incredibly long and detailed vids, i suggest you check out his reviews.

I am planning to get a written review of the Quinjet set up in the next few days. I do all pictorial reviews on my site but I am a bit new to LEGO so my reviews may not be as great.

Anyways just finished my review of the Hydra Avengers Showdown set. Great set with two nice looking vehicles and 3 minifigures costing only 9 cents per part.

Review: http://brickpreviews.com/lego-super-heroes-76030-avengers-hydra-showdown-review/

16745068635_d10306d3db_z.jpg

16557670350_79b086860b_z.jpg

16537808787_f5ed2ee736_z.jpg

16719167526_3e8121caf3_z.jpg