CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

both build components of the set are terrible, perhaps the worst out of all of the 2015 first wave of Marvel and DC. The Cho research van with its exploding walls and Hyperbolic chamber that Vision lays in in that slides out of the back of the truck is a better build than the Hydra tank.

All it would've taken was

i think both build components of the set are terrible, perhaps the worst out of all of the 2015 first wave of Marvel and DC. The Cho research van with its exploding walls and Hyperbolic chamber that Vision lays in in that slides out of the back of the truck is a better build than the Hydra tank.

Sooo you are making it sound like your opinion is fact? I think the Hydra Fortress smash is good, very good in fact. Yes it is not a fortress rather a tower. But the tank looks like a hydra tank, it represents this perfectly!!

I as someone who never keeps his sets in tact, and will probably break it in a month or three am going to keep the Tank and the Hydra Showdown vehicles in tact.

As a matter of fact the last time i enjoyed building a set this much was the Battle of the Five armies set, I think it's a good set only a bit overpriced.

Sooooo, it's not OK to post your opinion about a set to inform others that it's overpriced for what you get? This is a discussion forum, and it seems like members take it personally when another member does not share their opinions on any particular set. For example, the Hydra Fortress set is overpriced. Does it include a well designed Hydra tank? Sure. Does it include a minifigure in a blue shirt that is supposed to be Quicksilver? Yup. Does it include a Hydra Fortress? Hell no. My kids build bigger snow forts (taking scale into consideration, of course).

My point is this: I like to see other forum members' honest opinions on a set, for good or ill, before I spend my hard-earned money on that set. Personally, I feel insulted as a consumer that Lego is charging so much for the Hydra Fortress. I enjoy Lego for what it is and the happiness it brings my family and I when we build together. However, Lego is in a perfect spot now financially as opposed to 20 years ago when it almost went kaput from mismanagement. As a result, Lego prices are rising across the board. Objectively, it's the simple business law of supply and demand. Personally, I think Lego is getting greedy, and I hope it doesn't turn around and bite 'em in the megablocks.

I think more the point that is being made is that people aren't saying their opinion, they are saying 'The Hydra Fortress Set is overpriced' this is not necessarily a fact as you have made it seem, its a personal opinion, I think that it isn't overpriced

All it would've taken was

Dude, what is your deal? I've made a couple of posts about my opinions on all of the sets so far AND CLEARLY stated previously that it was my opinion. I don't feel a need to rehash or repost just to preface something prior to replying in fear of offending someone especially if you feel a need to be as petty as to make a reply that I needed to put a certain word. I question your thinking if you really can't tell that someone is posting an opinion and not fact as you put it over linguistics on a post.

I think more the point that is being made is that people aren't saying their opinion, they are saying 'The Hydra Fortress Set is overpriced' this is not necessarily a fact as you have made it seem, its a personal opinion, I think that it isn't overpriced

My recent posts clearly are referring to the quality of the build that Kevkipo seems to have an issue, but yes it is grossly overpriced. Granted I still purchased and feel like I should be able to give my opinions on the set without being criticized over linguistics.

Edited by Cmay91472

But the whole time you've made it a fact and not your opinion, All Kevikpo has done is pointed out that what you are stating is an opinion and not a fact as you've made it seem, and i feel as though i have to agree with him

But the whole time you've made it a fact and not your opinion, All Kevikpo has done is pointed out that what you are stating is an opinion and not a fact as you've made it seem, and i feel as though i have to agree with him

Please point out where I said 'this is fact'. I sound like a broken record. Go back and read my prior posts from last week where I clearly said that this is my opinion on the sets after purchasing them. Again sorry if I offend people by not prefacing every post with a disclaimer of this is my opinion fof those that clearly can't tell fact from opinion unless they are told so.

Dude, what is your deal? I've made a couple of posts about my opinions on all of the sets so far AND CLEARLY stated previously that it was my opinion. I don't feel a need to rehash or repost just to preface something prior to replying in fear of offending someone especially if you feel a need to be as petty as to make a reply that I needed to put a certain word. I question your thinking if you really can't tell that someone is posting an opinion and not fact as you put it over linguistics on a post.

My recent posts clearly are referring to the quality of the build that Kevkipo seems to have an issue, but yes it is grossly overpriced. Granted I still purchased and feel like I should be able to give my opinions on the set without being criticized over linguistics.

But i feel like you've done the same thing here again by saying 'but yes it is grossly overpriced' you are stating it as a fact once again

Edited by Peasantseverywhere

But i feel like you've done the same thing here again by saying 'but yes it is grossly overpriced' you are stating it as a fact once again

Dude. I get it. You are sticking up for a forum buddy.

But here is an example...

Fact - this set costs xxx amount.

Opinion - this set is over priced or this set is great, etc.

If you clearly can't tell the difference, then it's a lost cause to begin with and I'll just stop posting my thoughts on sets in the future since they are obviously not welcome unless a put disclaimers everywhere.

Dude. I get it. You are sticking up for a forum buddy.

But here is an example...

Fact - this set costs xxx amount.

Opinion - this set is over priced or this set is great, etc.

If you clearly can't tell the difference, then it's a lost cause to begin with and I'll just stop posting my thoughts on sets in the future since they are obviously not welcome unless a put disclaimers everywhere.

I don't even know him to begin with :snicker:

Sooooo, it's not OK to post your opinion about a set to inform others that it's overpriced for what you get? This is a discussion forum, and it seems like members take it personally when another member does not share their opinions on any particular set. For example, the Hydra Fortress set is overpriced. Does it include a well designed Hydra tank? Sure. Does it include a minifigure in a blue shirt that is supposed to be Quicksilver? Yup. Does it include a Hydra Fortress? Hell no. My kids build bigger snow forts (taking scale into consideration, of course).

My point is this: I like to see other forum members' honest opinions on a set, for good or ill, before I spend my hard-earned money on that set. Personally, I feel insulted as a consumer that Lego is charging so much for the Hydra Fortress. I enjoy Lego for what it is and the happiness it brings my family and I when we build together. However, Lego is in a perfect spot now financially as opposed to 20 years ago when it almost went kaput from mismanagement. As a result, Lego prices are rising across the board. Objectively, it's the simple business law of supply and demand. Personally, I think Lego is getting greedy, and I hope it doesn't turn around and bite 'em in the megablocks.

I agree, it is overpriced it really is.

I don't even know him to begin with :snicker:

I agree, it is overpriced it really is.

But according to what you told me, you should have said "I agree, I think it is overpriced it really is"... Just saying....

Really? what is all this :snicker: , the only thing i said was i think the tank looks great for what it is

then you started all insulting and blackening the set like it's a piece of dirt, Then i just put up a defense for the set to give it a little greenlight and BAM! attack again?

I didn't ment to start a war, i just said how much i liked the set :x

But according to what you told me, you should have said "I agree, I think it is overpriced it really is"... Just saying....

Read page 251 :wink:

Really? what is all this :snicker: , the only thing i said was i think the tank looks great for what it is

then you started all insulting and blackening the set like it's a piece of dirt, Then i just put up a defense for the set to give it a little greenlight and BAM! attack again?

I didn't ment to start a war, i just said how much i liked the set :x

Read page 251 :wink:

But you didn't. I have no problem with you stating you like the set. You are the one who told me that I posted my opinion as fact and criticized me. Where in all of this did I ever attack you or the set. Saying the set is terrible is not blasphemy. Again, sorry if you are so easily offended.

Edited by Cmay91472

But you didn't. I have no problem with you stating you like the set. You are the one who told me that I posted my opinion as fact and criticized me. Where in all of this did I ever attack you. Again, sorry if you are so easily offended. Let's just drop it and discuss what we all like is LEGO in General. OK?

I'm not easily offended at all :sceptic:, I was just defending an (in my opinion) well designed set (the tank part at least).

Edited by kevkipo

I'm not easily offended at all :sceptic:, I was just defending a well designed set.

Again, according to what you flamed me for... You should have said "I was just defending what I think is a well designed set."

I see the double standard when it comes to fact and opinion.

And I see how you just edited your post to correct the very thing you criticized me for.

So just to clear all this up and end it.

My opinion is this set is a terrible build and overpriced. Happy now?

Edited by Cmay91472

In another news...

I'm pretty stoked for the trailer, it's gonna show a lot of new scene's i think

Edited by kevkipo

In another news...

Damn, I thought this was for the new game...

Edited by LuxorV

Not to drag on your arguement, but I feel like it's safe to say that seeing as we're on a discussion forum, people making qualifying remarks about a set that's already out--such as the quality of a build or pricing--is perfectly acceptable and they should not need to clarify that it is their opinion. Even if there were some way to definitively say it's overpriced, such as price/piece, some people would still disagree because they want Quicksilver and the Baron and the tank thing. It's an opinion and it's not like anyone was giving their "opinion" about a rumor as fact and thus actually misleading anyone. It really doesn't hurt you to hear a set is overpriced even if you disagree. Comprende?

Regardless, can someone clarify what the video is about? I can't watch it at the moment and if it's not for the video game, what is it for? A movie? TV show?

JaseTJ, I'm pretty sure it's either an official mini skit that LEGO made to promote the sets or a very well fan made homage to the sets.

Not to drag on your arguement, but I feel like it's safe to say that seeing as we're on a discussion forum, people making qualifying remarks about a set that's already out--such as the quality of a build or pricing--is perfectly acceptable and they should not need to clarify that it is their opinion. Even if there were some way to definitively say it's overpriced, such as price/piece, some people would still disagree because they want Quicksilver and the Baron and the tank thing. It's an opinion and it's not like anyone was giving their "opinion" about a rumor as fact and thus actually misleading anyone. It really doesn't hurt you to hear a set is overpriced even if you disagree. Comprende?

Regardless, can someone clarify what the video is about? I can't watch it at the moment and if it's not for the video game, what is it for? A movie? TV show?

The first or second one? cause the second one is just a little fun movie for the new sets

And I see how you just edited your post to correct the very thing you criticized me for.

Wich one?

Message understood Jase, i understood him differently thats all

Can we just go on with the discussions about the sets and game please?

To Cmjay i say, sorry if i misunderstood you okay? like i said i didn't mean to start a war. I tought you spoke for a lot of people and not only for yourself

Edited by kevkipo

People have different opinions on the sets, you dont have to agree with other people's opinions, just respectfully listen to them..

Now, back to discussions;

Looking forward to it, i get the feeling we'll see our first glimpse of Vision and possibly a group shot of the Avengers surrounded by an Ultron Army :3

Has anyone gotten around to modding the tower yet? If so then please post pictures :) id like to but two to make it twice as tall, but im not entirely sure how to, so if anyone has already done anything then please.

I plan on upgrading it, but it requires getting another version of the set so leaving it a little till hopefully VIP points on the 14th... after that its waiting for delivery, but i shall post pics when the modding has been done :3

So is anyone planning on making any modifications for the sets?

Avengers Tower;

One to two more layers, bulking it out a little.

A guy in one of my lego FB groups did this tower mod

http://imgur.com/A0z57IO

On first glance that looks to be two sets combined, but after looking at it more closely its either three sets combined or he had some spare pieces.

On first glance that looks to be two sets combined, but after looking at it more closely its either three sets combined or he had some spare pieces.

No it's two. The tower comes with three levels and the MOC has six so it would make sense being only two sets put together.

Kevkipo... We're cool. Great thing about forums is we can totally disagree on something one day and be in agreement on something totally different tomorrow.

As for the Tower modification, it appears the creator also might have added a number of dark grey tall slopes and 2x5 dark grey tall bricks to create the larger lower levels and additional 2x2 finishing tiles for the extended balcony, so I believe it would take a second set plus some additional pieces as well to replicate his/her modification. We would need to see more angles I think to determine what other pieces they used that would be required that would not be included in the pieces from buying two sets. Overall, a really cool modification in just s short amount of time.

Kevkipo... We're cool. Great thing about forums is we can totally disagree on something one day and be in agreement on something totally different tomorrow.

I'm glad we are okay Cmay, if there's one thing i hate it's making enemies.

Looking forward to it, i get the feeling we'll see our first glimpse of Vision and possibly a group shot of the Avengers surrounded by an Ultron Army :3

If that is the case, it would be flipping amazing! *oh2*

I'm on the fence about ordering the Hydra Fortress this early. My main motivations are the exclusivity, a load of great minifigs (Even the weakest has some use) and I actually don't mind the builds. The price is the only thing keeping me away, but TRU has that $5 off any set over $25 deal. so that'd make it somewhat more reasonable.I'd even say you could expand the fortress itself if you buy another set sans minifigs (Which'll be an easy task for certain) and have another tank to boot.

Hulkbuster and Quinjet are great too, but you can get them anywhere, but of those two, Hulkbuster takes precedence because that'll likely be the more popular model since it's cheaper and you see it in the trailer.

As for the tower mod, that's kind of what I had in mind personally, if not exactly what I pictured.

Edited by Amset-Rah