CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Went to my local Lego store and they had ALL the AoU sets, I got the Hulkbuster and vs. Ultron sets. Hulkbuster build is excellent and the figs are all great. Too bad I didn't have enough to get the Quinjet :cry_sad:

So. Seems everyone is liking their Lego sets. :)

Just gotta wait until Toysrus has The Hydra Showdown, Quinjet and Iron Man vs Ultron stocked.

So is anyone planning on making any modifications for the sets?

We are only 3 months away from getting the Ant Man set. :)

The Hulkbuster finally appeared on Lego site and so I placed my order. I ordered one of every set minus the Hydra Fortress. Since it's a bit "overpriced" I plan to order it when Lego will offer the double points promotion, so at least I can "mitigate" a little the impact of its overpricing :classic:

Just gotta wait until Toysrus has The Hydra Showdown, Quinjet and Iron Man vs Ultron stocked.

I can think of a mod I'll be doing to the Avengers jeep in the Hydra Showdown set, and maybe some mods for the Fortress, and I did mention waiting for the Avengers Tower to go down in price so I can bulk it up and make it a little taller.

So I need a fundraiser to help me get these sets, any donations are welcome! just kidding. I am seriously thinking of selling some toys I have doubles of to make ends for the marvel sets, the whole AoU and Helicarrier will cost me, but I want to take advantage of the double VIP promotion I hope.

Has anyone gotten around to modding the tower yet? If so then please post pictures :) id like to but two to make it twice as tall, but im not entirely sure how to, so if anyone has already done anything then please.

I plan on modifying the Hydra fortress (haven't had a chance to build it yet). Have a lot of extra light grey and castle pieces from the Castle Calvary set and my son's castle gate tower. Just want to make it look a little nicer and bigger than the current lego junior looking build that it appears to be.

Really guys, some may say it's overpriced but you really get a lot in the Hydra smash, i have my figs standing right here and they look so good together.

Also the tank is much nicer than i tought, it's really bulky and sturdy

Edited by kevkipo

Really guys, some may say it's overpriced but you really get a lot in the Hydra smash, i have my figs standing right here and they look so good together.

Also the tank is much nicer than i tought, it's really bulky and sturdy

As I've stated previously, I certainly understand why people have or will be buying this set (Quicksilver and Baron Von Strucker) but even factoring OUT the cost of the set, both build components of the set are terrible, perhaps the worst out of all of the 2015 first wave of Marvel and DC. The Cho research van with its exploding walls and Hyperbolic chamber that Vision lays in in that slides out of the back of the truck is a better build than the Hydra tank.

I feel bad for everyone in Europe who has to pay even more than the absurd $50 US retail cost of this set.

I've purchased all of the 2015 super hero sets both Marvel and DC to date with the exception of the Black Manta set and this is the second worst set in regards to the actual build itself (Hydra Shodown being the worst).

Obviously, if you collect the minifigures, it makes more financial sense to just buy the set than pay the absurd $25 asking price that the secondary market sellers are asking for, but if it's the actual builds themselves that interest you, I would avoid this until the price drops significantly and spend the money on the other sets first namely the Helicarrier, Quinjet or Darkseid (Javelin 7) sets as all three of those offer great builds AND great figures but obviously cost significantly more.

Edited by Cmay91472

Yeah, I just can't justify £50 for the Hydra Fortress. Equivalent to $77 by the way. The Quinjet is many times better for just £20 more.

Has anyone gotten around to modding the tower yet? If so then please post pictures :) id like to but two to make it twice as tall, but im not entirely sure how to, so if anyone has already done anything then please.

Waiting for my tax return, then i'm buying the set. i have huge plans for the tower! i'll have to make a nice pick a brick order, but itll be sweet!

My plans actuallt look.alot like that build, i'm just making mine a bit more wide.

A guy in one of my lego FB groups did this tower mod

http://imgur.com/A0z57IO

Honestly I had the same idea. I was thinking about combining two (or even 3 :wink: ) of them but I decided to buy one first, built it and if the interior is of my liking :wink: I'll buy another too.

I may be wrong, but I think you can easily add the second tower even after you built the first :classic:

Just a quick rant - Hydra Fortress is available on the Czech S@H at last and the prize was finally unveiled (it's not shown in our retailer's catalogue) - 1699 CZK, which is about 85$. :cry_sad::cry2::cry3: Bye bye, Quicksilver. You talk about being it overpriced with 50$ prize tag, guys!

As I've stated previously, I certainly understand why people have or will be buying this set (Quicksilver and Baron Von Strucker) but even factoring OUT the cost of the set, both build components of the set are terrible, perhaps the worst out of all of the 2015 first wave of Marvel and DC. The Cho research van with its exploding walls and Hyperbolic chamber that Vision lays in in that slides out of the back of the truck is a better build than the Hydra tank.

I feel bad for everyone in Europe who has to pay even more than the absurd $50 US retail cost of this set.

I've purchased all of the 2015 super hero sets both Marvel and DC to date with the exception of the Black Manta set and this is the second worst set in regards to the actual build itself (Hydra Shodown being the worst).

Obviously, if you collect the minifigures, it makes more financial sense to just buy the set than pay the absurd $25 asking price that the secondary market sellers are asking for, but if it's the actual builds themselves that interest you, I would avoid this until the price drops significantly and spend the money on the other sets first namely the Helicarrier, Quinjet or Darkseid (Javelin 7) sets as all three of those offer great builds AND great figures but obviously cost significantly more.

Sooo you are making it sound like your opinion is fact? I think the Hydra Fortress smash is good, very good in fact. Yes it is not a fortress rather a tower. But the tank looks like a hydra tank, it represents this perfectly!!

I as someone who never keeps his sets in tact, and will probably break it in a month or three am going to keep the Tank and the Hydra Showdown vehicles in tact.

As a matter of fact the last time i enjoyed building a set this much was the Battle of the Five armies set, I think it's a good set only a bit overpriced.

Sooo you are making it sound like your opinion is fact? I think the Hydra Fortress smash is good, very good in fact. Yes it is not a fortress rather a tower. But the tank looks like a hydra tank, it represents this perfectly!!

I as someone who never keeps his sets in tact, and will probably break it in a month or three am going to keep the Tank and the Hydra Showdown vehicles in tact.

As a matter of fact the last time i enjoyed building a set this much was the Battle of the Five armies set, I think it's a good set only a bit overpriced.

I NEVER STATED my opinion of the set as fact. In my previous posts, I've made it clear that my thoughts were based off of my own personal preferences which is the build itself over the minifigures.

I've already posted previously how the set appears to be popular as only the Hulkbuster is selling faster at the few TRUs by me, although my suspicions are that they are being bought by scalpers looking to sell off the figures and components for profit, so obviously others feel the same way as you which is perfectly fine.

If after you build the Quinjet, Helicarrier and even Hulkbuster set you still feel it was the better build, then more power to you. I have no idea why people get so bent out of shape when others post their thoughts and/or recommendations about certain sets. It's as if the only thing we can post is glowing rave reviews of anything LEGO rełeases in fear of offending others.