CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

This year is going to kill me.

Ultron Prime, Ultron's drones, Carnage, Sandman, Rhino, Spidey 2099, Iron Spider and the Junior's Green Goblin are all must-haves.

I must admit, Lego are getting better at coming up with decent Marvel sets/figures.

This year is going to kill me.

Ultron Prime, Ultron's drones, Carnage, Sandman, Rhino, Spidey 2099, Iron Spider and the Junior's Green Goblin are all must-haves.

I must admit, Lego are getting better at coming up with decent Marvel sets/figures.

Its not spidey 2099, its the miles morales spiderman. Just sayin.

So just picked up the Quinjet Chase and Hydra Fortress (eventhough I still think the price on this set is terrible). Now have all seven Avengers sets recently released. Combine this with the five recent Justice League sets, I think the 2015 Super Hero sets OVERALL have been the best group of super here sets since LEGO started producing the Super Hero sets.

Out of the 12 total I picked up, here is my top five and worst three. Again, just my own opinion based on my preferences.

Best

1 - Helicarrier - I know the price is a major issue for many, but it really is a thing of beauty when finished.

2 - Hulkbuster - Love everything about it. Great figures, great build for the mech, great price for what you get.

3 - Darkseid Invasion - Great build and great minifigure selection.

Honorable Mention - Green Lantern vs Sinestro

Worst

1 - Hydra Fortress - Other than Quicksilver, there is nothing positive about this set. Terrible value, three duplicate figures from other sets, and a tower build no better than a lego junior set.

2 - Gorilla Grodd goes Bananas - Like Hydra Fortress, way overpriced. Captain Cold and Grodd are great but everything else is average.

3 - Hydra Chase - The price is good but the Avenger jeep is so ridiculously bad even my five year old didn't want it when I offered to give it to him. The smaller Hydra dune/snow buggy he gladly took when offered. Set should have had one exclusive figure to make it a worthwhile purchase.

Edited by Cmay91472

Its not spidey 2099, its the miles morales spiderman. Just sayin.

I kinda wish it was Spidey 2099 instead of Miles. Hopefully we see him in a future set?

Edited by Im a brickmaster.

Worst

1 - Hydra Fortress - Other than Quicksilver, there is nothing positive about this set. Terrible value, three duplicate figures from other sets, and a tower build no better than a lego junior set.

Other than Quicksilver: Strucker, exclusive printing on Hulk, and another hydra agent for army building. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty crappy build for that price point, but Quicksilver isn't the only good thing in the set.

Other than Quicksilver: Strucker, exclusive printing on Hulk, and another hydra agent for army building. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty crappy build for that price point, but Quicksilver isn't the only good thing in the set.

How is it exclusive printing on the Hulk when it's identical to the Hulk in the Hulkbuster set? So I count three identical figures in this set and the Hydra agent is by far the worst minifigure in the Ultron line. I doubt anyone will be purchasing multiple of this set to army build with Hydra soldiers at $50 compared to the Iron Man vs Ultron $12 set. I'll give you the Strucker point (so make it two good things) but honestly tell me you would recommend this set to someone who may not have the funds to get every set like some of us who are more fortunate than others and has to choose best value for their money.

That said, I respect others opinions and know others may really like this set. If it was priced at $39.99, I probably would feel differently. Which set would you rate worst out of the 2015 Super Heroes either Marvel or DC?

Edited by Cmay91472

How is it exclusive printing on the Hulk when it's identical to the Hulk in the Hulkbuster set? So I count three identical figures in this set and the Hydra agent is by far the worst minifigure in the Ultron line. I doubt anyone will be purchasing multiple of this set to army build with Hydra soldiers at $50 compared to the Iron Man vs Ultron $12 set. I'll give you the Strucker point, but honestly tell me you would recommend this set to someone who does not the funds to get every set like some of us who are more fortunate than others and has to choose best value for their money.

It's not the exact same. This Hulk has printing on his pants. And no, I wouldn't recommend it unless you really want Quicksilver for your Avengers roster. Look, I was just stating the set isn't a complete miss, it has some redeeming qualities but overall still overpriced. If you can afford it, go for it, if not, it's not the biggest loss. We'll probably get Quicksilver in an Infinity War set in 3 years.

It's not the exact same. This Hulk has printing on his pants. And no, I wouldn't recommend it unless you really want Quicksilver for your Avengers roster. Look, I was just stating the set isn't a complete miss, it has some redeeming qualities but overall still overpriced. If you can afford it, go for it, if not, it's not the biggest loss. We'll probably get Quicksilver in an Infinity War set in 3 years.

The Hulk in the Hulkbuster set also has the leg printing...

No worries, like I said, just my own personal preferences. I'll have to go look at the Hulks because I SWEAR the Hulk in the Hulkbuster set with Scarlett Witch and Ultron prime is the same as Hulk in Hydra Fortress.

I will say this. I picked up the 6 Ultron sets on three different trips. Despite my dislike of this set ( which is why I picked it up last), it did appear that quite a few were sold compared to the other sets with the exception of the Hulkbuster which had just 1 left compared to the dozen or so when I went on Monday. To my surprise, maybe 1 or 2 Quinjets had sold as they had essentially the same amount on the shelf give or take whatever may have been restocked... But only 4 of the Fortress compared to a dozen on Monday.

Edited by Cmay91472

Which set would you rate worst out of the 2015 Super Heroes either Marvel or DC?

Mm..probably the hydra fortress and the gorilla grodd sets. Bad builds and overpriced. I don't mind the little hydra showdown set too much, I actually like the little jeep and buggy. Hawkeye is nice but Thor and Hydra are worst of the new Avengers line

No worries, like I said, just my own personal preferences. I'll have to go look at the Hulks because I SWEAR the Hulk in the Hulkbuster set with Scarlett Witch and Ultron prime is the same as Hulk in Hydra Fortress.

Someone must have lied to me then....!

Wait, look here. It seems the one in the Hulkbuster has plain purple pants while the fortress has red avengers printing on top of the purple pants. Am I wrong??

8Mm8rCV.jpg

Hydra Fortress one:

LEGO-hulk-minifigure-age-of-ulron-Hulkbuster-Smash-Marvel-Super-Heroes.jpg

Edited by Ultron

Hulkbuster Hulk does indeed have leg printing. I'm not sure why he doesn't in that picture though, since it seems like a finalized image. Granted, there are also issues with the offical Lego website images of Gorilla Grodd--there's no printing on him shown. I think Lego is slipping in some areas that they should have easily done right in the first place. But that's another topic.

I managed to get the last Milano in stock at my Walmart and went home to find it was missing all the minifigures. Seeing as my Walmart didn't have any others in stock I decided to contact Lego customer service for replacements. Even better I finally realized bags five and six were missing so I ultimately had to email customer service a second time... So currently I have half of the Milano, which is oddly fitting as I only paid half price, so sadly I got what I paid for.

Now I just have to wait for Lego to email me back. If they can't help me Walmart will be hearing from me. I can't figure out if the set was tampered with before or after my Walmart got it as the tape on both ends was firmly in place, but the bags inside were definitely sliced open.

Any word on the UK price for the Hydra Fortress?

Also, Quinjet is in stock on amazon.co.uk, and can be delivered as quickly as tomorrow.

Edited by Jay_Em

Any word on the UK price for the Hydra Fortress?

Also, Quinjet is in stock on amazon.co.uk, and can be delivered as quickly as tomorrow.

None yet (as far as I can tell), but I think it's safe to assume it will be £50.

Ordered the smallest 3 AoU sets from Amazon. The others I'll wait to get on sale.

Edited by Hellfyre

None yet (as far as I can tell), but I think it's safe to assume it will be £50.

Thanks. That's a crazy price.

I managed to get the last Milano in stock at my Walmart and went home to find it was missing all the minifigures. Seeing as my Walmart didn't have any others in stock I decided to contact Lego customer service for replacements. Even better I finally realized bags five and six were missing so I ultimately had to email customer service a second time... So currently I have half of the Milano, which is oddly fitting as I only paid half price, so sadly I got what I paid for.

That really sucks. Sorry to hear!

Hulkbuster Hulk does indeed have leg printing. I'm not sure why he doesn't in that picture though, since it seems like a finalized image. Granted, there are also issues with the offical Lego website images of Gorilla Grodd--there's no printing on him shown. I think Lego is slipping in some areas that they should have easily done right in the first place. But that's another topic.

Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up. I did like the new Hulk with plain purple pants though...all well

Great review! Monday... Monday :cry_happy:

Dont forget the double VIP points, either its the whole month or from like the 14th onwards, so might be better to wait for those :P

Dont forget the double VIP points, either its the whole month or from like the 14th onwards, so might be better to wait for those :P

Nah, I can't wait. I still have 25 VIP Points left anyway :grin: