CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Speaking of Ultron... I'm confused with all of Ultron's variants in the sets. Could someone clarify what each variant is supposed to represent?

Hard to say without seeing the film. I think the Tower Ultron is the original, the Hulkbuster Ultron is an advanced version, and Quinjet one is closest to his final form- just going on the trailer footage. The ones in Iron Man vs Ultron are his drones I expect.

Edited by Jay_Em

The names clear it up- Ultron Mk.1 in the tower is the first rough version, who then escapes Avengers Tower. Ultron Prime in the Hulkbuster is the next version, and Ultimate Ultron in the Quinjet Chase is the last version, toward the end of the movie.

I think the Rhino/Spiderman is based of USM, but they are using the ASM rhino because they can't afford a new bigfig mould.

Called Lego and the UK are indeed having double VIP points from the 14th onwards to i believe the 29th or 31st... either way, if you are getting the sets from Lego that is the best time to do so.

The Hulkbuster Smash set might possibly be the best set in this wave. It is definitely the best small set. I think the only competition for it will be the Quinjet.

Personally i'd disagree, while the vehicle in the Iron Man Vs Ultron set isnt the best, the figures look amazing and its the best set to get figures with four figures per pack at such a small price.

Speaking of Ultron... I'm confused with all of Ultron's variants in the sets. Could someone clarify what each variant is supposed to represent?

Ultron's thing is to constantly upgrade himself so these variants are just his different upgrades.

Ultron's thing is to constantly upgrade himself so these variants are just his different upgrades.

Indeed, and a few of them are drones and things he's taken over such as the Iron Legion, Ultron Sentry and Ultron Sentry Officer

Thanks for the group picture just2good!! Really like it and makes me want to get them all :-)

Cap and Scarlet really should not have spray-tanned themselves for the picture, though...

Edit: Can anyone who owns Quicksilver get some pics up where he wears different shades of blue pants? Thanks!!

Edited by KCMatze

Thanks for all the pictures and reviews, guys!

I have a question for those who have both movie-versions of Cap...

Is the AoU-Cap the same dark blue as the Avengers-Cap?

From what I can see from pictures, so far, the AoU-Cap seems darker..

Thanks in advance for any replies! :sweet:

Regards,

Mitch

Can't mention the helmet because I've only got the helicarrier version but the torso does seem slightly darker than my (not too well aged) avengers version.

It might be the contrast but the red printing seems much more bright on the AoU version.

Thanks for all the pictures and reviews, guys!

Thanks in advance for any replies! :sweet:

Regards,

Mitch

Well, there's only one dark blue color, so it may be a color inconsistency. I don't think it should be darker.

Thanks for the replies, KingDom and 8BrickMario! :classic::thumbup:

Like 8BM I figured there wouldn't be another shade of the dark blue, but like KD I kept seeing differences,I thought...

But now I've also seen the Brickset review of the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier and I am more confident that they are, indeed, the same dark blue! :excited:

Thanks again for your input, guys!

Now I just need to wai till the sets arrive in Holland :devil:

Regards,

Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

I may be wrong, but I think Ultron Prime is the one in the trailer, compare it's printing with the original:

c8vurrz8vabghuqpcp4n.jpg

16468925805_4a68ffeb0e.jpg

The torso print, color, and the fact that his eyes are circular (like human figs) and not part of the helmet all lend more to the trailer design than Ultimate Ultron does (especially since I doubt they would show us the final form in a trailer).

I could always be wrong though :def_shrug:

Edited by slugdude

After watching some video reviews, I have to admit that the new Hulk mold is worse in every aspect, than the old one. The old one has molded toes, the new one has ugly rectangular feet with printed toes. What a cheap solution. And the worse of all: the gap on his collarbone. I cannot understand why Lego changed the design to the worse.

After watching some video reviews, I have to admit that the new Hulk mold is worse in every aspect, than the old one. The old one has molded toes, the new one has ugly rectangular feet with printed toes. What a cheap solution. And the worse of all: the gap on his collarbone. I cannot understand why Lego changed the design to the worse.

The gap is made because they are two separate pieces, this way lego can simply remove the top piece and sculpt a completely different headsculpt for any other bigfig, same with the toes, they can now print any design they want, it's. It not cheaping out on molds, its being financially responsible and reusing the body mold

I may be wrong, but I think Ultron Prime is the one in the trailer, compare it's printing with the original:

The torso print, color, and the fact that his eyes are circular (like human figs) and not part of the helmet all lend more to the trailer design than Ultimate Ultron does (especially since I doubt they would show us the final form in a trailer).

I could always be wrong though :def_shrug:

mark 1 is Puppets tangles in strings.

prime is the no strings on me.

Ultimate seems to be the EW cover version.

The gap is made because they are two separate pieces, this way lego can simply remove the top piece and sculpt a completely different headsculpt for any other bigfig, same with the toes, they can now print any design they want, it's. It not cheaping out on molds, its being financially responsible and reusing the body mold

Correct. The lower body was also used for Darkseid and Gorilla Grodd. I do prefer the older Hulk body, since the pants and toes were molded. The new one's hair is the only improvement as far as the mold goes.

bought and built Hulk buster and Hydra showdown, better than I expected on both. I also got a Iron Man vs Ultron but have not opened it yet... I will probably buy several of those as an Army builder.

I think the difference between Ultimate Ultron and Ultron Prime is Ultimate Ultron is silver instead of pearl dark grey, and has a few more coverings, than Ultron Prime.

Honestly i think that the ultorn prime is the one in the trailers, and ultimate ultron is a pearl silver colour because in the movie its rumoured that ultron will coat his armour in vibranuim, hence him being in johannesburg africa, (close to wakanda) and also being able to break cap's shield, so maybe ultimate ultron is vibranuim coated? That would also be a hint of black panther being in the movie. Seeing as how andy serkis is rumoured to play a villain of his, ullyses claw

Seeing as how andy serkis is rumoured to play a villain of his, ullyses claw

Confirmed actually!

Honestly i think that the ultorn prime is the one in the trailers, and ultimate ultron is a pearl silver colour because in the movie its rumoured that ultron will coat his armour in vibranuim, hence him being in johannesburg africa, (close to wakanda) and also being able to break cap's shield, so maybe ultimate ultron is vibranuim coated? That would also be a hint of black panther being in the movie. Seeing as how andy serkis is rumoured to play a villain of his, ullyses claw

While Civil War will be the first time we see Black Panther suiting up, we could see him beforehand. Also, Ultron's main goal in the movie is to acquire vibranium, its one of the reasons he lets the twins help i think.

Edited by Scarilian

Sadly, none of my stores have the sets. And even worse, each store said they're not even getting word on when they're arriving until LATE APRIL. And I live in the US. Fun.