CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

So if I buy the Helicarrier and I then return it to the Lego store, do I have to give back the Winter Soldier?

well, you probably can keep it, but just saying, that would be kind of a dick move though..... better to jsut wait it out, or purchase it on amazon.

well, you probably can keep it, but just saying, that would be kind of a dick move though..... better to jsut wait it out, or purchase it on amazon.

Yeah maybe that's a dick move, but it is very expensive to get the winter soldier now. Maybe he will be released later?

Edited by kevkipo

Having seen the new Star Wars book with Proto Fett, anyone think a Lego Marvel book is likely? Most other Licenses, including DC, have one, and Marvel must have enough material by now. Would be a good opportunity for Agent Coulson as well.

What i also find weird is, March 1st is on a Sunday. No store is open on Sunday?

All stores here in uk are but sunday seems a wierd day for release

What i also find weird is, March 1st is on a Sunday. No store is open on Sunday?

I dunno about elsewhere, but most stores are open in the US on Sunday's.

I dunno about elsewhere, but most stores are open in the US on Sunday's.

Really!? well here in Belgium that's different :sceptic:

Really!? well here in Belgium that's different :sceptic:

Yep, but a lot of them close early on Sunday though.

Having seen the new Star Wars book with Proto Fett, anyone think a Lego Marvel book is likely? Most other Licenses, including DC, have one, and Marvel must have enough material by now. Would be a good opportunity for Agent Coulson as well.

I've been wondering about this for a while. Where is the Lego marvel book?

That's true indeed, sadly the Lego store is closed all day.

Do you live in Belgium?

I'd give it a few more years, just to rack up the amount if content inside the book.

That's true indeed, sadly the Lego store is closed all day.

Do you live in Belgium?

No, the US!

I'd give it a few more years, just to rack up the amount if content inside the book.

Well Batman got a visual dictionary and Marvel has just as many sets as he does.

No, the US!

Well Batman got a visual dictionary and Marvel has just as many sets as he does.

True. But like 3/4 of the book was just his vehicle's.

No, the US!

Oh i misunderstood there, nevermind :grin:

Decided to call Lego and essentially got the following;

'At the moment its just an exclusive with the Helicarrier'

I did ask about the possibility of a later release, as the US is apparently still getting the polybag in June;

'The release of polybags varies depending on location and as such certain exclusives might not be released the same way in the UK as the US'

----

Essentially from the call i got the vibe that they have been told not to confirm if its getting a future release, most likely because the Winter Soldier being exclusive to the Helicarrier is a marketting strategy to get more people to buy it, and they probably would'nt want to weaken that by saying the polybag will be released later.

Edited by Scarilian

Decided to call Lego and essentially got the following;

'At the moment its just an exclusive with the Helicarrier'

I did ask about the possibility of a later release, as the US is apparently still getting the polybag in June;

'The release of polybags varies depending on location and as such certain exclusives might not be released the same way in the UK as the US'

----

Essentially from the call i got the vibe that they have been told not to confirm if its getting a future release, most likely because the Winter Soldier being exclusive to the Helicarrier is a marketting strategy to get more people to buy it, and they probably would'nt want to weaken that by saying the polybag will be released later.

Wait. Why go through all this trouble to Give away the Winter Soldier exclusively with the Helicarrier then, supposedly re-release it at a later date?

Got to thinking this has happened before with the exclusive Figures (Red Rocket, ASM2 Electro) from Marvel Poly bags... They release it in a very limited quantity, which jacks up the price on Second Party Websites, such as Ebay and bricklink, to the point where Collectors start hoarding it to resell it at a higher value because everyone is going crazy to try and get it and then it shows up at a store and the price drops and the collectors lose there investment.

Makes me wonder if this is intentonal or not.

Holy Crap. Right now I can ethier get the Winter Soldier on eBay for $96.76. What!? That's the US price of the Quinjet and Iron Man Vs Ultron Sets with Tax!

What Idiot pays $96 bucks for 4 pieces of plastic that they can most likely be able to get for $75 with $75 worth of actual sets!?

Helicarrier bought. Set and figures separated and set sold and Winter Soldier and VIP points accumulated.

I know they very well may release him regularly in June but on the off chance they didn't do it in the UK it'll get expensive to pick one up so better safe than sorry.

I will be pretty annoyed if the US gets Winter Soldier with a $75 purchase, while UK and other regions have to fork out £270 on an overpriced set for it.

Hopefully they release this in June. But even if he's not (and I will be very mad if he is hard to get) I think there's a good chance we could see him in a civil war set next year.

At the place I bought my Helicarrier in the US, they did confirm the WS Polybag as a store giveaway this summer, but could not confirm details such as if it comes with any purchase over a $ amount or if it comes with a Marvel purchase, etc... But suffice to say, if you are in the US, there is no need to rush out and feed into the EBAY scalper market as it will be available here in a few months.

They don't release every polybag everywhere. Germany still did NOT have the Martian Manhunter promo, for example. That is something that really pisses me off... really see no sense in that at all.

Well, at least you can pick up the MM poly on EBAY for around $10 US dollars not including shipping if the seller is willing to ship internationally. Large drop from the $25 to $30 I kept seeing it listed for prior to the Braniac set release.

The principle of Promo Poly is paramount to the torture of collectors, why just not include the character in the set, then everyone can have him, now we fork out a heck of a lot of money for a minifig on Ebay if we are not in a promo-region, I understand polybags for obscure characters or special variants of existing minifigs.

But for a character like the Winter Soldier its just cruel.

At the place I bought my Helicarrier in the US, they did confirm the WS Polybag as a store giveaway this summer, but could not confirm details such as if it comes with any purchase over a $ amount or if it comes with a Marvel purchase, etc... But suffice to say, if you are in the US, there is no need to rush out and feed into the EBAY scalper market as it will be available here in a few months.

Its never been under question as to whether the USA will get it, its confirmed the USA get the Winter Soldier polybag in June. Its just the rest of the world that might have to get the Helicarrier to get it.

My reply to the store guy was exactly that... If it's just as a promo to that set then why not include it IN the set? I know the Liverpool store got a LOT of Helicarriers in stock... They didn't say exactly how many just emphasised that they had a lot. Whether they're using WS as they think the UK is an iffy market for the carrier I'm not sure.

The UK is normally pretty good for Lego promo polybags... Not so much third party promos such as TRU (we're actually shockingly bad at those) but those direct from Lego are normally fine... So to dangle a carrot like this seems odd.

It wouldn't surprise me to find him back in June but it also wouldn't totally surprise me if we suddenly got the Electro bag in June as the store worker was under the impression it was indeed a different figure for the regular in store promo.