CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Since a lot of people have been complaining about Ant Man's inaccurate helmet mold, it may be more accurate than we thought. Check out this picture of Hasbro's Ant Man figure: http://marveltoynews.com/toy-fair-2015-marvel-legends-ant-man-series-ultron-prime-baf/ Hmm....the helmet doesn't completely cover his face either. Soother both of these are inaccurate or the helmet may be changed in the film.

Wait a second. Whose side is Quicksilver on during the Hydra Fortress Raid?

He us shown standing beside Captain America in the White Background Photo, but he is shown beside Strucker in the Mini figure box.

Wait a second. Whose side is Quicksilver on during the Hydra Fortress Raid?

He us shown standing beside Captain America in the White Background Photo, but he is shown beside Strucker in the Mini figure box.

In the film I'm not sure, but set wise probably the Avengers, as in Lego's eyes he's an Avenger.

In the film I'm not sure, but set wise probably the Avengers, as in Lego's eyes he's an Avenger.

Well,

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch voluntered as expirements at Von Strucker's (to get powers from Loki's scepter), and have a great hate to the Avengers. As this scene takes place in the beginning of the movie i say he's on Von Struckers side. They participated because they wanted revenge and the scepter unlocked powers they already had inside of them (Inhumans *Hint *Hint)

Quicksilver is probably with Hydra.

(Strucker wields the loki staff which is also on the Avengers tower set, so it could be that this set is prior to the Uprise of Ultron Mark 1 (might be the reason they are celebrating, having defeated a Hydra base and recovered the staff) (I don't think its viceversa cause Ultron does not seem aligned with Hydra, and also, at the end of Winter Soldier Strucker already possesses the staff)

Scarlett Witch is portrayed as a villain in the hulkbuster set (requiring Tony to take her down with the launcher as it is shown on the set in order to save Hulk... and since Ultron is shown in a more advanced look, that will obviously will appear later in the film... probably meaning the twins will become good toward the end)

^ ahhh! I forgot the spoiler thing!!! Do not read, might be spoiler-y

I'm not sure if this is GOTG 2 Lego confirmed or just James Gunn having.

Uh, don't read into it. Let's be honest though, do you really think we wouldn't get sets for the sequel to Guardians? That movie made a metric @&^$-ton of money.

Since a lot of people have been complaining about Ant Man's inaccurate helmet mold, it may be more accurate than we thought.

I think his mask looks amazing. Definitely one of the best lego designs we've seen.

Pretty awesome that Gunn likes the little ship! :tongue:

Since a lot of people have been complaining about Ant Man's inaccurate helmet mold, it may be more accurate than we thought. Check out this picture of Hasbro's Ant Man figure: http://marveltoynews...tron-prime-baf/ Hmm....the helmet doesn't completely cover his face either. Soother both of these are inaccurate or the helmet may be changed in the film.

I complaiend about legos mask, I also linked images of that figure some pages back :wink:

To be honest, what I'm the most excited for from Marvel this year is that Green Goblin minifigure! It's a great design in a relatively cheap set. GG has always been my favorite Spider-Man villain, so to finally get a classic version is just perfect. The set itself is meh, and I'll have to make my own Goblin Glider for him, but there's no way I'll pass it up.

As for AoU, I'l probably get the Hulkbuster, Quinjet (I need that amazing Black Widow, her hair is just terrific and her face isn't ugly anymore) and the Avengers Tower. I want to get Carnage and Sandman, but the latter's set doesn't impress me. The Ant-Man set is just hilarious. The giant 1x2 tile and 1x1 brick sell it for me.

Edited by 8BrickMario

I'd also like a green goblin, but I think I'll just wait for an adult set. The goblin in the Juniors set appears too childish to me.

How so? Goblin's design has always been bright and colorful (and a bit silly looking). I'm positive he'll also have an angry face, and if it took a Juniors set to introduce a classic Goblin, then I doubt he'll be seen in a future set.

The GG is nigh perfect...until we get to the legs. We got so much boot printing for this year yet Gobby got shafted? I'd gladly have sacrificed the upper leg printing if it meant we'd get boots as this one just makes it look like he's barefoot. Oh well he still looks great and with a satchel piece and Goblin Glider he'll be (almost) complete.

Rant over.

I'd also like a green goblin, but I think I'll just wait for an adult set. The goblin in the Juniors set appears too childish to me.

I think it's the legs that make it look childish. Without boots he sort of looks like a guy in pajamas. Otherwise I think he's fine, and his coloring is a bit more adult than his comic appearances through the 60's where he was colored almost a lime green and pinkish purple...

The GG is nigh perfect...until we get to the legs. We got so much boot printing for this year yet Gobby got shafted? I'd gladly have sacrificed the upper leg printing if it meant we'd get boots as this one just makes it look like he's barefoot. Oh well he still looks great and with a satchel piece and Goblin Glider he'll be (almost) complete.

Yeah, I don't understand why he didn't get boot printing. Even if they didn't have the budget to do two-colored molding for the legs they could have just printed green on purple legs.

Edited by strangely

Well at least the lack of boots is consistent. The Duplo version (which uses the brighter lime and magenta) doesn't have them either. Honestly, I don't mind too much, but the new dual-molded legs would have been a nice bonus. I think if they did that though, they wouldn't have been able to do the scales printing, so it's a tradeoff (and I would rather he have scales than boots). I don't really like the way the new two-plastic legs look, though, and it might have been too costly to add boot printing (resulting in a China-made set of legs). Otherwise, I quite like how he looks, but I do hope an angry face is included. A satchel part would look awkward, though, since he already has a strap on his torso. Perhaps the bag's printed on the side of his leg?

Edited by 8BrickMario

The Ant Man set will go down as a classic, I'm sure. Genius on Lego's part.

I think instead of a classic it will be the new standard and that Marvel will do this and make one set with all the important minifigures and builds for movies they don't want to make full waves for.

Edited by elederberg

Maybe the Ant-Man minifig will have a mask on the other side of the head, like Scuba Batman? He obviously does appear with some kind of breathing apparatus in the movie, as seen in the trailer, so it only makes sense that Lego would give that to him somehow.

Gobby looks sensational! Maybe if they pulled his printing precisely out of Lego Marvel Superheroes he would've been better, but what we have is perfectly fine for me.

My thoughts on Green Goblin: It's not a bad fig. At first I wasn't a fan they deviated from the video game version with the darker green and purple, but looking at the poster of green goblin on my wall (it's of the famous issue where spidey is holding gwen on the bridge), the darker colors are actually more accurate. However, the legs should have printed boots, there should be a satchel and I also am not fond of the face for some reason. Overall, not a bad fig though. Here's hoping we can get Hobgoblin in the near future. He'd make a sweet fig.

I'm not too fond of Green Goblin, while anything is better than the bigfig one this GG still has botched leg printing (should have had boots) but the real deal breaker is his face, unless he's got an angry face I'm gonna pass on this one since he looks way too ... cute? Compare him to this from the LEGO Marvel game: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/lego/images/6/67/Green-goblin-1024x566.png/revision/latest?cb=20130915223002